Why don't I enjoy vidya anymore slash bant...

Why don't I enjoy vidya anymore slash bant? I used to love a good bitta' call of duty or fallout but they don't interest me anymore. The only games I like now are small 2D games like endless sky or dos games

Attached: Sad 50.jpg (236x205, 8K)

You grew up and probably got a job

Because you realized popular games are shit.

That's because cod and fallout are awful

Pick up Dishonored or Dark Souls and you'll enjoy them

>dark souls
>good

Attached: 1510606520777.png (398x370, 262K)

>he didn't like dark souls
casul detected

Attached: 1522875567632.jpg (1920x1080, 604K)

It's called growing up. AKA. burnt out dopamine receptors.
It only gets worse.

I literally can only play old MMOs, strategy/simulation or JRPGs now desu
I have more fun sitting down and sperging out over Dwarf Fortress than Bethesda garbage or Soulsborneshit

Attached: 8713.png (672x534, 437K)

>playing dark souls
you casul

Attached: 1514138702774.jpg (588x396, 65K)

>doesn't like one of the most engrossing games of all time
Just admit you couldn't be it phamalamadingdong lmbo

Attached: 1523368800559.png (480x368, 187K)

Yeah I tried playing Dark Souls 1 on my 360 today and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get passed the boss (or at least one of them) in undead burg

i can't stand MMOs, too much grinding

Can I unburn them?

Attached: Sadness 2.jpg (250x250, 17K)

same

You got into video games together with your friends. You didn't really care about what it is you played. You may not have been aware at the time, but just the fact that you were able to play with them was all that mattered. Now you are older, you finished school, and you have less time to play with other people you know. Maybe you grew apart, maybe they got a job and are just a lot more busy, either way, you are simply no longer able to spend several hours playing games with them every day.

"But user", you say, "I was perfectly fine playing Call of Duty on my own". Well sure, once you got into it, you also didn't mind playing randomized matches with strangers, but that's not going to last forever. Call of Duty will become boring after a while. You could try to start learning a new game, but you don't have anyone to do it with, and since you are a noob, everyone just hates on you every time you enter a match. Sure, you met a lot of hostile players in Call of Duty as well, but in CoD, you knew they were the idiots because you had experience. But with a new game, you are completely aware that everything they say is true, that you do suck. And that cuts a lot deeper than you are used to, because you no longer have the confidence in your own ability.

Maybe you even tried to get back into Call of Duty. It may have become dull, but at least it's a safe bubble you are comfortable in. But it's even worse now. You still have all of your knowledge, but you pretty much suck because you haven't played in months or years. So you don't even need anyone to call you out on it, your own brain tells you how much you suck. You know that you aren't supposed to be this bad.

So you retreat offline. You especially gravitate towards simpler stuff, not grand open world RPGs with 2000 subplots you don't even care about, just something you can jump into and do things. You no longer feel, it's just gaming for the sake of doing something, anything.

Attached: 1507734140156.jpg (1280x720, 342K)

Which one is it? Do you mean the Taurus Demon?

Yeah the one on the castle wall?

Yeah now that I think about it about 60% of my time on that thing was with friends. Don't exactly have any anymore so welp

Have you tried taking out the crossbowmen and doing a plunge attack on it?

Alternatively you can cheese it by making him jump off

Just get a 100% block shield and you'll be good

>likes fps
>likes open world
>probably has a shit ton of money judging that he plays cod
why havent you played far cry 5 yet?

Attached: krabs.jpg (572x572, 138K)

Whenever an enemy is about to hit you just roll and you will be invincible. Dark souls is a terrible game because of this.

I attack the crossbows yes, no idea what else you're talking about

dude cod costs like 20 quid a few months after its release.
It costs cash

i dont know whether i roll slower because i picked the knight class or summin but i never can seem to get away

>call of duty
you never enjoyed them

Picking Knight is fine, just unequip parts of your armour if you don't have enough weight limit yet. You want to be able to either roll fast, or have an armour so strong that you no longer need to roll.

Anything in between those two options should be avoided imo.

>i dont know whether i roll slower because i picked the knight class or summin but i never can seem to get away
It's because you're wearing too much.

Take off all of your armour and hug his body, and when it feels like his hit is about to collide with your body hit roll and it won't drain HP.

never thought of this, maybe I could equip some of the hollow armour instead

>not playing lords of the fallen
Cunt

>not playing amulets and armour
Dick

Bethesda ruined fallout and call of duty has been shit since about the 5th one

>not playing swords and sandals
Fag

I've always gotten the most enjoyment out of emergent gameplay and rogue AI, but the devs always blueball me by making it so nothing ever bitch slaps me out of nowhere or creates videogame 9/11 by accident.
I dont want a cinematic experience, I want a sandbox with unknown potential

Attached: The House Always Winns.png (393x377, 19K)

Fallout 3 and NV are good, NV's better tho. Cod 3 and World at War were good.

I duly apologise

There's nothing wrong with liking 2D platformers, you've probably just played to many 3DP FPS games and are now enjoying something different as a result.

I say go ahead and expand your genres.

Attached: tumblr_oj1iogAPQy1u8wfz9o1_r1_250.gif (155x175, 266K)

I didn't really like 3. NV was good though. 4 was god fucking awful.
Ever play strategy games? Whenever I've got time to waste I've been hoi4 lately.

I liked hoi4 for as much as a couple weeks, once you've played as germany, soviets, france and britain you've played it all

Mods nigga, I'll admit the base game gets repetitive but modding and updates keep it interesting. Multiplayer is good too but you need the fuckers to have good internet otherwise it takes for fucking ever.
LAN works if you're fucking gay.

And normally the host will drop out after a whileor if their count' gets destroyed, have to organise multiplayer with (((discord)))

oh I only meant with friends, I don't know why you'd join public games, total cancer.

oh right yeah those things that i totally have
eu4 is pretty good too but like 90% of base content is cut out at 200 quids worth of dlc

Attached: Sadness 5.jpg (250x239, 16K)

Just pirate the full game

I'm glad they've reversed the DLC meme with the latest hoi4 shit, hoi4 in general has avoided the DLC meme in the major ways but in the latest one they kept most of the important shit for the base game, even if it did slightly ruin it a bit.

Can't do multiplayer on a pirated version.

well..... who needs friends anyway

b-but thats a crime user, i'd never do such thing.

its good that you can play dlc you haven't got in multiplayer if the host has got it at least.

Isn't there like only lan in Eu4? For whatever reason i couldn't get it working

Attached: Okay 13.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

I think so, never bothered trying it.

not a crime unless you get caught

i don't think that's quite exactly how it works..

Well piracy itself isn't a crime anyway, you could mail that bitch Teresa screenshots of you downloading streaming movies from a dodgy Vietnamese website and they couldn't get you in for shit

streaming not downloading, fucking tired, didn't delete the whole sentence.

casul