I havent left my house in 7 months

i havent left my house in 7 months

Attached: 1531434716106.jpg (662x712, 65K)

besides to buy groceries and cut my hair, the last time I went out was in the new years of 2014 to 2015

try two whole years OP. but there are people here who haven't gone out in longer

i haven't left the house in 6 months lol my irl think i died

how does being a recluse even on Jow Forums feel op

16 months* lol

how do we break this cycle guys

in my case my mom suicide-proofed my house and checks in on me every 30 minutes or so i don't even really have that as an option anymore.

What have you guys accomplished in the meantime? Read some stuff? No bulli

I visit family occasionally, other than that the last time I actually went out in public was in 2015

i used to read more when i wasn't a hikki than after i became one. i'm bombarded with constant anxieties and guilt so i can never relax and have actual time to do anything. mfw all these anons talk about how comfy being a shut-in is and i can't relate

I haven't left mine since autumn 2013. I get groceries delivered at my doorstep.

>I can never relax
Yeah. All I do is browse Jow Forums all day every day.

>mfw all these anons talk about how comfy being a shut-in is and i can't relate
I don't think they're really hikineets. Pretty much everybody who has done nothing for two years goes mad to a degree.

>mfw all these anons talk about how comfy being a shut-in is
Have you ever worked in your life?

agreed, being shut in is anything but comfy

i worked at a bar for a year, i thought it might help with my anxiety and help me learn to cope with being around people, but by the end of the year i felt worse than before i started and quit, feelsbadman

Being a shut-in NEET is great if you have financial and housing security from parents and you're not an actual normie with a normie brain.

OF course it will be hell if you have a normie brain that wants to make friends and talk to people outside, and OF course you will feel anxiety if you don't have financial or housing security.

When my grandparents and parents are gone and its just me left I get a house paid off + about million dollars (which is growing every year) so in the event I am left alone in the world with no family I still have a home, and money to last for decades.

I've been going out to get antidepressants recently, but got my new bottle mixed up with my old one that I use to hold tiny screws.
Long story short, I ate like, 2 screws.

I know this is irrelevant, but this is the kind of shit that people check the thread for.

i've accepted my loneliness despite my natural urges but i think why i can't stand being a hikki neet so much is because of pressure from my parents. we are really poor and can barely make the rent each month yet they pay the bill for internet connection first just for me

Just for you?

Your parents never use the internet? in this day and age?

My parents are 66 and 60 and they're on the internet literally all day, streaming netflix, watching youtube. They buy things online, have online accounts for everything, etc.

They've been avid internet uses since the 90s.

no. my parents don't speak english. they're also in their 60s

Yeah I am getting to that point as well

How did she suicideproof a house??

she hides all the blades and ropes and removes anything with hard edges. we don't have a bathtub or furniture. door knobs are removed. and some other things i'm forgetting probably. and i mean my entire house is really small because we are poor so i'm always visible no matter where you are standing.

That's a little bit weird but it seems she does care.
My parents are just like: 'I dare you to fucking kill yourself'.

>My parents are just like: 'I dare you to fucking kill yourself'.
that sucks. my mom is actually like that too despite doing all those things. she beats me everyday and taunts me into killing myself if i start crying. i have no idea what's going on in her mind

She might think she's helping, the only way she understands to motivate somebody is threats and physical attacks, probably from her own upbringing.
My parents are like that as well.

good analysis user. what are we supposed to do in our situations? i feel like there's no way out of mine

I don't think there's anything we can really do. My parents stop hitting me when I became physically stronger than them but that's about it.
The best thing would be to live away from them but for hikineets that's a tall order.

>My parents stop hitting me when I became physically stronger than them but that's about it
tfw not even taller than my mom or dad much less stronger. they used to be prison guards too

Attached: 1521508865455.jpg (645x773, 57K)

imagine being so pathetic that you let your own parents beat you

Attached: 1535880560858.jpg (419x480, 81K)

i can't hit mommy even if i were strong enough to. what do you want me to do? after i stopped trying to resist her beatings she stopped using knives at least

knock the bithe's teeth out

Same. The less you cry, the less you get the hair curler.

You should try, buddy. Just the other day, I hugged a woman/friend of mine. We had a nice little stroll through the city. Sooo much comfier than laying alone in bed.

How did you first meet your friend?

We work at the same company, she'd ask me to lunch, then we became closer and closer friends over time. She's such a sweetie

Oh right, I assumed you were a recovered hikikomori

I went more than a year unemployed after college, living with my mom and rarely leaving the house. Didn't talk to anyone outside of family and people calling for job interviews in that time.

If that counts.

Also I'm diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, I'm not very social, I feel like I have undiagnosed social anxiety (probably other issues). I'm not a normie I promise.

Sometimes it's fucking hard but you need to take your shots occasionally. Push your limits a little at a time, take it slow. Maybe talk to a therapist (something I did for the first time recently, and I'm 30). If you can't figure out how to solve your problems by yourself, there's nothing wrong with trying to get outside help. And if you like being how you are, you don't need to change anything.

I didn't go to college, I didn't even graduate high school. I've never had a job and I can't afford therapy. I don't know how else I could meet people and my social skills have decayed to the point that I weird people out from being isolated for so long. It feels like it's already over for me.

You can work on your GED, that's as good as having a HS diploma. Even without it, a lot of companies will hire for fast food or custodian jobs without. If it seems like it's holding you back.. Just lie and say you have a degree, most jobs won't check at that level.

It might also help to have some friends/relatives lie for you and say you've worked for them.

Do you have any relatives that would maybe help you with a few sessions of therapy? If not, maybe there are nonprofits/etc. that would help in your city.

So what can you do right now?

* Apply for jobs, be persistent and follow up after a few days.

* Get a haircut (DIY buzzcut is fine), shave, scrub up.

* Start very basic. Just step outside on the front porch for a few seconds. Over time, build up the length of time. Then try walking on the sidewalk for a minute, then 5 minutes, 10 minutes. Fresh air and exercise helps the mindset.

Really, start small. If this seems too aggressive, spread it out over time. Have a goal for today, this week, and this month.

kek, maybe they will call ghost busters when they see you

Go open the door and go outside lol

Except for groceries and beaurocracy i went out once in last 5 years. By myself.