Gardening Thread-- post your earthly wisdom here

Gardening is based.
Growing one's own food is the only way to be free.
One day, maybe tomorrow but perhaps today, growing food or anything will be necessary.
If every person in the world grew just one plant, the world would change.

Pictured is considered a weed in Denmark. It's the comfrey plant, one of the best plants to have in any garden, especially a permaculture garden. It has been called Knitbone, for it's healing properties. This plant's leaves feed other plants and activate compost.

If every one of Nature's miracle plants were cultivated and understood, the world would be a better place, and there would still be more undiscovered miracle plants.

Attached: maturecomfrey.jpg (1024x768, 129K)

Attached: BDB26003-21B7-47E8-9420-8B990A14BCCF.jpg (1536x2048, 1.23M)

Need help exterminating Wandering Jew.

Any Wandering Jew extermination experts here?

Attached: tradescantia fluminensis wandering jew.jpg (900x600, 42K)

you should ask Hans

Attached: Haaaanz.jpg (300x249, 23K)

Attached: DankPepe.jpg (990x1016, 68K)

kek

There is an /offgrid/ board on infinity chan and /out/ has it's homegrown general here on Jow Forums

Can't believe it's fucking halfway through April and finally it's not freezing out again.

Fuck this gay earth. I want to die.

I have not pics as of yet. I plowed in a 50 x 50 garden this season for heirloom variety only strains. We had to replace our seeds in the crash kit. I am looking forward to WW3 finally breaking our degenerate society down.

Attached: cockgobbler.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Which europlant is richest in dmt?

Don't even try here. You need to get the right seeds from the folks who know and you probably can't even do an A/B extraction.

I can but i wont brag

Good. Bragging is bad for the soul.

Basic high school chem is now too tough for the millennial generation and lower?

yours

try permaculture

Are they teaching that in HS these days? I learned how to like titrate, shoot a cube of magnesium into the celing, and balance equations for the AP test.

Sick bud broskie :)

I dont think they are. Senior level is what i did in 6th and 7th grade in the early 90's. I teach my 14 yr old son at home. we make anything from meth to explosives.

Attached: member.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Gardening is based, being a commie is literally a sign of retardation.

Based, and I don't mean just in the various ideas of how to define pH.

So is disrespecting ppl and their skills

so you agree with a retard

Its funny my dad said I should have bought a mule. I bought a 20 horse tractor that came with a modified old mule drawn plow and harrows. The mule would eat the grass i mow with the tractor and fertilize the garden i plow. It is fun to learn to do it the hard way and not use a modern tiller.

Attached: bundy.jpg (258x195, 6K)

knitbone/comfrey makes a great fertiliser, soak loads of it in a covered bucket for 2-3 weeks.
when its the colour of weak tea it is ready to use.

It really stinks though when fermenting so don't have it too close to your house.

Even you weedgrowers will find it a good flowering booster and best of all it is free.

that isn't comfrey, it's Pentaglottis sempervirens, although a lot of people do call it comfrey where i'm from, but comfrey is a different, yet related plant.
fucking absolutely horrible weed tbph.

none, afaik.
it's only a few tropical plants.

If you have a wood stove or a pellets burner, collect the ash and come spring spread it on the snow covering your field. It will make the snow thaw a lot faster, decrease the time before you can start to plant and help raise the PH level in your soil.

>help raise the PH level in your soil
most people shouldn't need to do that tho...

true comfrey (Symphytum officinale, not the plant in OPs pic, for god's sake don't introduce it into your garden) makes a great 'green fertiliser', which is where you sow a bunch of seeds, let them germinate and grow a couple of leaves, then just dig the seedlings into the soil.

Attached: 1523718753571.png (847x580, 105K)

Thoights on Natural Farming? I am going to start simple no till gardening soon.

luckily that's not my plant! Thanks for the info. Would the pictured variety still have the fertilization qualities?

I bought true comfrey seeds and have successfully sprouted just one. The cold-period the seeds need to germinate is tricky.

Is that the same as permaculture?

Like the three-sisters used by the native americans?

If so, then my thoughts are very high indeed. It's simply the most productive way to grow food.

>Would the pictured variety still have the fertilization qualities
not that i am aware, but it's possible.
it's not worth it though. the seeds germinate very quickly at the surface of the soil, but if they are dug in they can lay dormant for years, as soon as you turn the soil over they will germinate within a day or two.
plus, if they establish themselves, the taproot can be well over a foot long, and they self-seed like hell.
i've never had a problem sowing comfrey seeds. they are available in abundance, just scatter them over an area, water in and wait a few days.
in the spring is best, temperature wise, and it's the best time to do it because that's when you want to fertilise the soil for new crops.
but for me, the best fertiliser is horse manure, hands down.

Read Sepp Holzer the permaculture master

Fuck off styx

i went to a whole seminar on permaculture, and it was very interesting, but i've never put any of it to use.
i mainly grow ornamentals, not often crops.

planted 4 fruit trees and an herb garden last year. this year looking to add 6 more fruit tree and chickens. have a compost system going. comfrey is also on the list. the goal is to get rich and start an orchard.

>plant heirloom cultivars and take seed
>stagger your plantings in the early season
>start slow-growing plants indoors
>perennials are your friend
>include berries and trees in your garden
>use cover crops and nitrogen fixing plants in the off-season
>use crop covers judiciously
>forage for wild foods (gathering and freezing berries can go a long way)
>learn to preserve your perishiables

Attached: 20170413_090736-1836x1836.jpg (1836x1836, 1.31M)

Monitor your yard's wind currents. Plant mothers at the entrances where wind enters your yard. If you plant them at the wind exits, seeds will mostly scatter outside where you don't want them to.

I do this and have volunteers all over the yard every year as a result. Very little effort required and it's nice having edibles so abundant that they're a pest.

Made a raised bed for my grand parents, so they don't have to bend their back that much for their gardening.
I can only mention that everyone here should look into it, for it can be more efficent and less work intensive as working directly on the ground.

I want hemp legalized too, but more for its non-psychoactive properties such as fiber, oil, and the part where it grows very fast and is a tolerant crop.

microdosing > getting high

great tip. also, grow potatoes in a sack or big bucket, not in the ground. much easier to harvest that way.

>Made a raised bed for my grand parents,
Hugelkultur my man, especially great if you have a bunch of wood and other organic trash that you want to get rid off.

Attached: HugelkulturRaisedBed.jpg (1650x1275, 456K)

Growing Tobacco this year. Little Dutch and Shirey.

But I won't be harvesting the plants when the leaves turn yellow, curing them in my airing cupboard, then processing them into ropes to use and sell. Because then I'd have to pay tax to HMRC.

what are the effects of grow lights (led) on people? I'm going blind? are they healthy?

Attached: gardening_fact.jpg (1600x900, 248K)

I'd like to see this as a raised bed. All bright lights are bad for your eyes.
They aren't lasers though if that's what you were getting at.
Good thing you can always turn them off.

Attached: the new world.jpg (4293x2591, 727K)

feed commies to audrey

Attached: giphy[1].gif (500x300, 999K)

Just planted 200 potatoes We grow just about everything and pump water from a spring via solar It’s good for your body your mind and soul to work hard and reap the rewards that nature offers. Plus my wife wears super short daisy dukes so it makes the whole thing that much more pleasurable

no-till gardening is just mulching (and it works)

Three weeks to go at least. What strain?
I just popped my seeds yesterday, Trinity Goo and C99
My neighbor has comfrey, and an acquaintance gave me some plantain, saying it's antimicrobial. Not sure if it's true.

idk but I have always preferred natural light

Does that work with resin-y evergeens

thank you

Wouldn't dream of it. Just a natural pesticide crop.

thats audrey II