Stupid fitness related advice

I command you to post the most stupid/funniest advice you’ve heard people give regarding fitness

>”no you idiot you’re supposed to eat more fiber to gain size because your muscles are made out of fibers”

Attached: BF7D5146-8F7A-4B2D-93E8-C83A0192BCFF.jpg (750x744, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HPfXutjB1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>if you lift too heavy you'll end up looking like arnold dude

>Don't bring the dumbbells together at the top because it's only your triceps holding the weight then and you'll drop it on your face
This was a fucking PT as well

>murr go call that old black homeless guy a nigger

Lol how did they get away with that?

The arnold press?

Chest press

>be me
>be at local gym, punching a heavy bag
>getting a decent workout by trying to do combos while having proper punching form(pic related)
>guy in same area training some dude, looks to be a ufc coach
>try to pay no mind as I'm training for boxing, know some of their techniques wont alight with my sport
>sees me punching away
>comes over to me
>"hey user, your'e not doing that right"
>think in head, 'am I fucking up my punching form that bad?'
>"Really now?" I say back to him, to see what I'm doing wrong or improve
>"Yeah, don't move your lower body when you punch, keep your feet flat and still and just punch with yours arms!"
>WtfDidHeJustSay.jpeg

My brain just shut down after he said that. As someone who has practiced boxing and gotten actual boxing coaches to help me, that was the most ridiculous line ever uttered unironically from anyone to help someone workout on a heavy bag i've ever heard in my life. This shit is why McGregor got curbed by Mayweather. Shitty UFC coaches, I fucking swear.

Attached: How2PunchWeebEdition.png (960x1361, 770K)

>My trainer told me short one minute rests are better user

>You can only eat 30g of protein per meal

Attached: C93614E5-D043-4938-AFC6-C0F62659D311.png (211x239, 4K)

>squatting wrecks your knees! Just do leg press, it's the same anyways

>That time when Jow Forums got memed into eating onions to increase test because of one(1) study in fucking Iran.
I've been here for almost 3 years and this board still falls for stupid memes.

Attached: Rat_onions.png (330x330, 131K)

>you’re supposed to eat 6 small meals a day and the majority must consist of protein
>slow and controlled reps are superior
>5x5 for optimal strength
>ss
>gomad
>brah splits only work
>don’t train like an oldschool bodybuilder it doesn’t work
>prolonged fasting fucks up your metabolism
>don’t do cardio it makes you lose muscle
>never skip leg day brah hahah
>you must include the big three in your program

>>slow and controlled reps are superior
lmao this shit.

Girl struggling to 5lb pl8 on OHP.
>enter dumbass crossfit pastor
"Use the collars as weights since the 5s are too heavy"
>wat.jpg
Its almost like they're intentionally retarded

Lurk more u fag

> "you aren't squatting correctly, you have to come all the way up to straight and push your hips forward"

Go home, Joe.

Attached: CxlYJ2UVQAAUcLh.jpg (628x421, 41K)

probably the best episode of impractical jokers

Will do, Nigger

Attached: Comfy_krikey.jpg (480x469, 136K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_HPfXutjB1s

Is this shit for real

I took a physical education class at my local community college last year and it had some incorporation at a nearby gym. For many of us it was our first time going to a commercial gym, so the professor made a routine for us to do.

Attached: 8BE67280-8A82-4F75-9335-FE71DD550291.jpg (1536x2048, 347K)

that wasnt a pe class

that was fat camp

NOW RUN FATTY

We did have a lot of overweight people in that class. I was in skelly mode but I went through with that “routine” because I figured the prof knew best. Looking back now I realize he was totally clueless.

RUN SKELLY

Is this Danberu? I haven't gone through that manga in ages.

yes it is, actually pretty good advice, even got me into taking creatine for my workouts.

Classic

Wait.....its not? I am genuinely curious.

and thats a bad thing

>if you don’t go down all the way down during curls your biceps will grow funny

I worked out at a volunteer gym in this poor ass town, and the gym separated the cardio room and the weight room into two small areas. I'd do weights first then cardio, every single day.
>some 30 year old comes into weight room
>sees me benching, but im blaring music in my headphones so i have no connection to the outside world
>i rack it, pause music and wipe down
>he's just standing there
>"why'd you wipe down if you're not sweating"
what the fuck
>"i am sweating? it's just not profusely coming from my forehead"
>"probably would be sweating if you did cardio first"
>"why the fuck would i do cardio first?"
didn't mean to get pissy but i was so fucking dumbfounded
>he seems bothered that i questioned his elite knowledge
>"are you trying to lose weight or gain it?"
>"lose"
>"then you obviously should've ran first. that activates your pores and then when you lift, your muscle pores get activated."
>just stare at him
Looking back at it, it must've been awkward but all I could do was fucking stare. I eventually slipped my headphones on, while continuing to stare, and I guess he took the memo and left.

>Start with the machines to learn proper form.
>Squating machine fights me every step of the way.
>Jow Forums: Start with an empty barbell my dude, balance and what not.
>Works out.goodadvice

> squat and deadlift and a girl can build an ass

>squat machine
it's called a smith machine you fucking zoomer

>Smith machine.
Isn't it bed time for you gramps?
Give me the sip, nighty night.

Attached: 1534536292535.gif (478x350, 84K)

>wiping the bench
*SNAP*

zoomers make my blood boil. you fuckers aren't even old enough to legally use the internet. well back in my day.....

ironically your PT was right. I hate when retards clink the dumbells together at the top. Most autistic shit ever.

what season/episode was this?

>Well back in my day

Attached: 1530955281096.jpg (838x696, 38K)

Good advice, wrong reason. Clicking the dbs together (ohp, incline bench, flies, etc) will cause a momentary loss in intramuscular tension. Not a huge issue at lower weights but as you go higher (80-90-100+ on incline db, 40+ on db fly), then the loss and subsequent immediate gain of tension is a little more than mildly disconcerting to say the least.

holy shit, sal kinda looks like sam hyde

Attached: sammyguns.jpg (600x665, 50K)

>Using the punching bag at a gym
i Am aN AuTisT LooK i ceN fite??

Your retarded faggotry wont faze me, I need to actually work on my form, as I am trying to be a boxer. I would hit my own bag but i couldn't bring it from my parents house cause my apartment doesn't have enough space for it. Sorry I have ambitions above that of being a wage slave.

Every single thing posted on Jow Forums

>Your retarded faggotry wont faze me, I need to actually work on my form, as I am trying to pass as a transgender with a feminine dick. I would take my own estrogens but i couldn't bring it from my parents house cause my apartment doesn't have enough space for it. Sorry I have ambitions above that of being a wage slave.

>mango got you to take creatine

>Your retarded faggotry wont faze me, I need to actually work on my form, as I am trying to be a pro Rick and Morty fan. I would bring my own television and marathon the series but i couldn't bring it from my parents house cause my apartment doesn't have enough space for it. Sorry I have ambitions (pickle rickkkk) above that of being a wage slave (jerry).

>lifting for strength gives you gains
>deadlifts are a great mass builder

zoomers will never make it, you lack discipline. fucking go back to snapchat or musically or whatever the fuck kids your age are doing

>«Sal, focus on the form and use light weights so you don’t get injured.»

Using «good form» on some exercises is actually more dangerous than cheating.

True. You need a limited range of motion if you don’t wanna rely on your triceps.

lol, get a job pops. your generation was a mistake

Attached: Untitled.jpg (769x746, 291K)

>When the boomer gets cranky.
Nap time old man.

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

Both are true.

different lift, different gain.

Attached: 40771213_522482544861043_7261325379976036352_n.jpg (704x904, 97K)

>You're supposed to do SS when you start lifting.

oh shit, maybe he's right. Like, when you punch you wanna be strong so you use your body's strength, but if you're at a regular gym... y'know, like, what are you gonna punch the bag for? Are you doing it for cardio or to train abs + arms ?? Moving and using your hips might be the same as leaning back when doing rows.

bumping this

M8 if you hadn’t figured out ufc was shit after what they did to Ronda, you’re blind
>hurr durr let’s take a world class judoka and try to make her a striker, then put her against a world class striker
Retarded as fuck, Jesus if you watched her later fights she doesn’t even try to go for a throw

>Using good form is worse than cheating
What the fuck are you on about, what fucking exercises

>your muscles pores get activated

>Go down very fast when squatting

Fuck you Omar Isuf.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (514x550, 31K)

>you have to eat a lot to get fat first, then all the fat will turn into muscle

Attached: images.png (497x617, 15K)

>breathe in when going down on squat
>Breathe out as you go up

Attached: DjQwelxUYAEtffD-orig.jpg (209x241, 10K)