You think he was natty?

>carries a shit ton of equipment while running around in Afghanistan
How does one even withstand that?
Is lifting weights beneficial when it comes to heavy long distance walks?
My best guess would be that farmer walks work.

Attached: MGS-V-Big-Boss-and-crew.jpg (960x540, 51K)

BiBo was a Green Beret before FOX/MSF, he was used to heavy rucking

>medic

Ocelot administered him steroids on the whaler, after leaving Cyprus. It’s literally part of the intro cutscene.

>Bibo
never say that again

>he doesn't remember the scene where Ocelot roids him out before arriving to motherbase
Venom was anything but natty

>Is lifting weights beneficial when it comes to heavy long distance walks?
Not at all, I used to be recon infantry (Australian) and we'd carry 60kg+ for days on end but I was ottermode at best. In Afghanistan we were joined on patrol a couple of times by SAS or Commandos and some of those guys were ripped but amazingly they were struggling to keep up with us on constant patrolling through mud/aqueducts/poppy fields. We'd been doing it for months while they were used to flying in and out on choppers.

Commandos maybe, they get trucked everywhere, but bull-fucking-shit legit SAS operators were struggling to keep up with you
They literally are long range recon

You say that, but I was there on the ground with them. You lose conditioning pretty quickly and they'd been mostly living on base except for fly in-fly out missions for months. I have no doubt they would destroy us when in peak condition.

Pretty sure they had him on steroids while he was in a coma to maintain muscle mass.

Well...he's a video game character so....no ....stupid

>I am still playing this
I'd like some Venom level endurance

>Thread is 7hrs old
>Not a single nanomachines joke

Attached: 1527314540717.png (800x1020, 488K)

How was he so physically strong and capable RIGHT after waking up from a 9-year coma?

They kept you waiting huh

That certainly wasn't my train of thought when I had to crawl on the floor of the hospital for 10 irl minutes

A soldier should never carry more than 30% of his body weight for extended distances. Doing otherwise will lead to back problems, regardless of musculature.
Considering that he has been doing this for decades, he's probably on a fuck ton of morphine.

you were literally a baby the whole entire time the hospital was being shot up and burning down.

But whole reason why you weren't skelly mode is that the doctors were giving your muscles massages and shit while nurses gave you blow jobs the whole time you were in a coma.

Should I play this? MGS 3 is my favorite game of all time and I haven't played anything past 4

I'm scared of the disappointment bros

Mechanics are great and there is a lot of replay-ability but the story is bad... overall fun experience

One of the best MGS games gameplaywise. Story is unfinished though

>has robot arm
>natty

Story sucks horse ass.

But that doesn't matter, the gameplay is hella fun. This is one of the few games where the game allowed me to go full Rambo or full Sly Marbo or any mixture of both. Towards the end the equipment kinda breaks immersion such as the MGS1 Ninja suit that lets you run FASTER THEN A TRUCK but that's always been part of the MGS series. It's a shame that the story doesn't match the same grade that the gameplay does, and I don't have high hopes for Kojima's next game.

I'm gonna go with yes. I always over packed for Ruck marches as at the time I didn't really know what 35lbs felt like. As in to me it was so light it didn't register. I sucked at marches we had to stay in formation because manlet, but in ones where we set our own pace I could run/jog. Anyway I never got deployed to trashgahnistan. I did so basic mountaineering when stationed at fort Richardson we had a couple financial guys in our squad and we had to take turns carrying there rucks if we needed to beat feet fast. I carried an extra and the ropes for two days at 3000 feet. I don't think I could have if I didn't lift.

Well those weren't until the late 90's in-universe.

The gameplay is probably the most fun raw open-world shooting experience in forever, with a huge variety of options and abilities. The story is disappointing, but if you want a game where youc an seriously fuck with people in a big evironment, it's an excellent choice.

Play Ground Zeroes first, though. Make sure you do every mission in that, not just the main one.

I appreciate that user
>While nurses gave you blowjobs
Idk why but that was funny
>You will never breed Stephanie Joosten

Attached: solidsnake.jpg (600x800, 90K)

Attached: Stephanie_Joosten.webm (540x720, 2.43M)

>But whole reason why you weren't skelly mode is that the doctors were giving your muscles massages and shit while nurses gave you blow jobs the whole time you were in a coma.

The nurse was peak gib milkies. Also fox engine cloth rendering letting you see their bra strap through the clothes holy shit

Attached: nurse.png (1440x1072, 1.22M)

Lmao for real kojima water we dune hair...

Attached: venom_feels_good.png (800x585, 491K)

Why is she so perfect Bros?

Is anyone still playing this? Didn't bother after snake eater might get this for PS

What the fuck kind of shitty excuse for an army did you serve in? Jesus fucking christ that's pissweak.

35lb are you serious? That's a webbing walk not a pack march.

I haven't in a while, and I'm betting that MGO is probably dead by now, but it's a really fun game, with the caveat that the story is unfinished. Definitely play Ground Zeroes first before Phantom Pain, though. You should be able to get them bundled together pretty cheap. Also maybe at least read up on what happens in Peace Walker, if you don't want to play it first or maybe watch ChipCheezum's LP of it. It sets up things between the end of MGS3 and the beginning of Ground Zeroes, like him building up a small army and being involved in a revolution in Costa Rica. Also that time he went full Monster Hunter and fought a Rathalos, a Tigrex, and this fucking thing.

Attached: Gear-rex.jpg (640x480, 181K)

Pvp online is still there
Pretty solid player base

So people actually are still playing MGO? That's good. I thought that mode was pretty fun, even though I didn't play a ton of it. I'm sure people will keep base raiding until the game shuts down entirely one day, either way.

I play but not online, I agree with the other comments that ground z is worth playing. The game play and graphics were amazing but you can tell Kojima''s true ending shouldn't have been left out.

One day, people won't even know there are cardboard boxes for two.

FOB infiltration is kinda dead but the usual team deathmatch and king of the hill are still up and people still playing
At least on ps4

wasn't that just to help reverse the atrophy from the coma?

That's actually surprising. Although I guess with all the events and stuff by now everyone has more resources than they'd need and so FOB raiding isn't as important as it was when the game was new.

So, to make this thread more Jow Forums related, here's a question. How far would the sort of genetics Big Boss is supposed to have carry him or his sons if someone was full natty? He's supposed to have perfect soldier genes (which is obviously just some Kojima handwaving shit, but let's assume for this conversation it's legit), so just how fit would someone be able to get on ideal genetics alone, without chemical assistance? Liquid was pretty shredded, but his physique's portrayal varies wildly between different artstyles and character models.

Yes, but there's no way that wouldn't still have an effect on him once he's back to "normal", depending on how long the rehab period was.

Attached: Mgs-liquid-snake.jpg (400x585, 69K)

>tfw we will never get an hd remaster for the ps4/ps5
>tfw we will never get to see mgs v true ending

>Suddenly reminded that 5 doesn't have a climax or a real finale
>the game just stops.
>tfw didn't even know I had just fought the final boss until the ending played

Attached: 1540259151088.jpg (246x205, 4K)

Well its kinda hard to say so because the whole "genetic superiority" just meant better luck and not dying from foxdie

Don't forget Big Boss' mutant power to low-key reality warp just by assuming something would actually work and so it does, like the glowing mushroom battery recharge.

Attached: as.png (754x312, 66K)

>ideal genetics alone,
Pathetically I've thought about this in relation to metal gear. Because 'perfect soldier genes' is rather vague, it's impossible to understand the combination of dominant and Co dominant genes that would make someone an ideal soldier. But IRL we should assume 'perfect gene combos' might be more rare, so Liquid's recessive gene makeup should potentially increase his likelihood of being a better specimen.

IRL, ideal genetics should remove the need for chemicals to reach the natural aesthetic and functional limit. However, both of these have been shifted since the introduction of chemicals.

Dude I was even worse. By endgame I legitimately thought I was like 50% through the story. And I at least thought there was a whole other area to explore except just an empty desert and empty jungle. Plus they said that you would go back to Guantanamo in phantom pain.
When the credits popped up I was literally dumbfounded

Did you watch kojima's planned content that didn't make it into the game?

>Liquid's recessive gene makeup should potentially increase his likelihood of being a better specimen.
Why this conclusion user? The combination of perfect genes being present in one person (big boss) might be rare, but not the genes themselves (regular good sodiers). But recessive genes couldn't be the cause of the traits as Big boss would have to be homozygotic for them?

anons already said it all. Gameplay is like 10/10 and what Kojima intended gameplay to be would be like a whole new dimension in gaming.

Story is totally fucked up mostly because the game is not even halfway finished. there's like 3 arcs missing. (gameplay is incomplete too compared to what the final vision was but it's still godlike as it is)

Play the game cause it's still super fun just don't go too hard waiting for story.

What is it?

>empty as fuck world
>bases are only exciting on missions with varied patrols and enemy types, they revert to pushovers afterwards

It truly was a phantom pain

he's talking about a mission that is shown after you finish the game, which was incomplete and ultimately cut.

However that's just the tip of the iceberg..supposedly, the game was supposed to have 3 more arcs of story and a whole shitton of mechanics. All cut content because of Konami and time.

Look it up on you tube for some Eli/Liquid story wrap up.

Drop PSN IDs

To be fair, it's pretty clear that Kojima was spending a FUCKTON of money already, and at some point they had to cut him off. Still, it sucks we'll never get to play the true final form of V. But "The Truth" and "Shining Light, Even In Death" were awesome story moments.

Well Liquid was actually considered the superior clone of the two, and was misled into thinking he was the garbage half. But even still, they're both (and presumably Solidus, as well, but we don't see him fight that much outside of that one boss battle where he's got all this mechanic suit on) freaks of nature in terms of what they're capable of.

Well yea the point of the game is that genetics do not define you
And that nukes are bad

DELT THIS NOW

Here you go.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

This

bro theres 3 main parts of the delt

Shit I didn't think of that

I just picked a random image.