How do I force myself to like squats?

I've got a confession Jow Forums I hate squats and never do them, they just feel like ass compared to any other lift. Is there anyone in a similar situation who has forced themselves into liking them, any suggestions?

Attached: squat.jpg (1080x540, 114K)

same. practice form with light weight

Just do something else, it won't be optimal but it won't make a huge amount of difference.

Me too I find it an awkward position. I just try to do front squats feels much better

I generally speaking do extra deadlift sets and leg extension but it feels like a cop out because squats are such a good whole body exercise

It's the exercise I like least doing, but I still do them for the enormous balanced muscle recruitment.

dont think anyone likes them. that's why so many people skip legs

just gotta suck it up

>extra deadlift and leg extension

That's not enough, do a different compound. I recommend dumbbell lunges, they're hard as fuck if you go heavier plus you'll make balance gains.

that sounds like what I need, just the general whole body benefits of squats are pretty unparalleled.

Well don't fucking do them like the OP.
Squats are best lift. King of compounds. Manliest lift. Literally lift or die
>squatting in a cage or with safeties
never going to make it

If you like squats then you are using not enough weight baby, man the fuck up m8!

I feel like you meant to reply to someone but didn't

A reply to the thread is a reply to OP

It took me a solid year to love squats, you just have to do them with form that works well with your body type. For me that was low bar with a slightly wider than hip width stance

Can't stand them either man, my squat is lower than my incline and bench press. My OHP is going to catch up at this rate.

I feel like my knees are in the wrong position generally. I think that my legs overall aren't built to squat, I love other lifts but squats cause me pain. I still force myself to do them once a week though, 60kg at most for 10 reps.

I get you, but you're not really missing out on anything huge by not doing squats.

yeah but he says "like OP" as if he's referring to someone else

As in the image from the OP, the one image in the thread that depicts a person doing a squat.

sounds similar to me, what kinda body type are you? I have a pretty long torso but average legs

I'm not too fond of squats and bench press, but I really like overhead press, deadlift, and chins. I also like rowing and face pulls. And biceps curls of curls. The exercise I dislike the most is probably lunges.
I still just man up and do them. I think I'm going to do dips and incline bench to add my bench press a bit, I really like dips. I also like using dumbbells more than a barbell, but then I can't add that much weight.

You don't have to like them, just fucking do them.

Attached: 1499700909585.jpg (700x997, 119K)

Good advice, DubDubs confirmed

Mentally repeat
"This is my favorite exercise"
Mind over muscle.
I double count (1, 1, 2, 2...) Makes it seem like less work.

stood with a narrower stance in my squat, then all of a sudden I was able to hit ATG no problem. Seeing the numbers climb fast made me like it. It also just feels better knowing I'm training my whole body instead of just upperbody.

I never understood how people don't like squats. After bench its my favorite for sure.

a man who doesn;t like bench press? you're a faggot

squat low bar, do very little volume

I get fucking hip impingement if I don't warmup with bands beforehand. I also have to keep my legs pretty narrow, else it feels very uncomfortable. I noticed manlets have much easier time squatting.

front squats brah. once you do them correctly they feel amazing.

I just pretend Im Klokov and it makes me have fun

I squat cause I think it's going to give me a firm muscular and that will drive the local prostitutes wild

When I first started I didn't mind them, but at the end of SS I hated them. When I did The Bridge I started enjoying them more again since I was not grinding out reps every single set. The pause and pin variations are nice too, but tempo squat are a pain.
So if you're having trouble you might try incorporating either pause or pin squats to your routine, at least they made me more comfortable in the bottom position of the squat.

Your power comes from your connection to the ground. This connection is usually your legs. Get strong legs for a better conductor of power to the rest of your body. If you love being strong, you should aspire to have strong legs.

That guys heels aren't even on the ground

no wonder he's squatting 1pl8 outside the rack, without bumper plates, right?

seriously. Women are turned on more by a good ass then big biceps. Before my gf and I were dating, I guess my ass was the discussion between her friends because it was hyuuge.

>but I cna't even a2g 3 pl8s.

i can't do squats properly due to physical limitations. if i go past 35-40 degrees my hips lock. i blast the legpress instead which if done with a good rom feel incredibly good and will def get you gains.