FARMERS CARRY??WHAT??

How the fuck do you decided how for to walk or how long to hold it for? Seems like a great workout but easy to get no results from it because it's so arbitrary. For other workouts you just find out where your failure point is. How do you measure or find out how many steps you should take for a farmer's walk for hypertrophy?

Attached: 1538272175616.jpg (800x600, 84K)

Well just walk until your forearms burn and then keep going a little bit more

Just put on heavy weight and walk until you cant nigga it aint rocket medicine

You're overthinking this. Just do it to failure
Lmao it's not rocket science.

i put the bar with a couple plates on my back and walk up and down my driveway. dented my sons car lmao

Bros, what are the benefits of walking instead of just standing still with the weight? The movement of the body activating the forearm muscles more?

As is with any other exercise with the intention of building muscle mass, time under tension is key.
I don't care how much you can carry. I don't care if you carry a bag of 1kg sugar in each arm, if you carry it long enough you'll burn

based boomer

Yeah keeping the weights steady while walking will involve more muscles and forearm, and walking means it will be more full body using legs and walking muscles.

maybe use time instead of steps you dip.

Is that Bjork?

Well..... picking something up and then moving it somewhere to put it back down is much easier than picking something up and putting it back down. So there is my simple elementary observation of the difference.

Is that AOL online?

The design of a barbell is largely arbitrary. The idea of doing sets of reps is largely arbitrary. What diet we choose to follow is largely arbitrary. Except it's all okay because when something is working, you don't need to fuck with it further.

Pick up a weight, walk till it falls out of your hands. Keep doing it until you're satisfied with how long you can hold it without it falling, then add more weight.

>farmer's walk for hypertrophy
Farmer's Walks are great, but hypertrophy shouldn't be what you focus on with them. Try load up half your body-weight per hand and carry for 30 feet or so. Repeat 10 times, rest as much as needed between walks.

>its all arbitrary
yeah, until you hit a plateau and realize you only got results by accident and have no idea how to further advance. don't be like this grade school fitness expert

this

>Try load up half your body-weight
Lbs or kg

>yeah, until you hit a plateau and realize you only got results by accident and have no idea how to further advance
What the fuck are you talking about? You advance by increasing stress through progressive overload, which I just explained and everyone already knows about. Do YOU have no idea how to further advance?

Whichever you measure your body-weight in motherfucker

Yes but kg are heavier

Plz be troll

>completely skips over the word plateau
sounds like you aren't even lifting

You could do weighted hangs from a pull up bar instead, a bit simpler

Yeah it is.

Attached: E86C5B4A-9CBA-4BD8-A3AC-E8CF7C360330.jpg (982x750, 127K)

based

Is right you know.

Do you not know how to get past plateaus? You deload and work you way back up, almost like you're overloading progressively or something. Do you have brain problems? Is it impossible for you to conceptualize applying the principle to farmer's walks for some reason?

So being conscious of how you work out is not arbitrary then. Thanks for supporting my point.

God damn nigga its simple
>hold some heavy weights
>walk until you cant hold them anymore

>So being conscious of how you work out is not arbitrary then. Thanks for supporting my point.
You seem to have trouble with communicating. I say we do things that work because they've been discovered through trial and error and refined over time from arbitrary starting points, and therefor someone shouldn't be afraid to do that on an individual level with their own training. You then pop in and say "uhhh excuse me faggot but it's not like we just made everything up and it happened to work". I'm not saying that all lifting practices are fucking arbitrary you moron.

You know when you strawman someone, you're supposed to vocally insinuate I'm saying something I'm not, instead of just think it in your head.

>The idea of doing sets of reps is largely arbitrary
Elaborate on this. I seem to be interpreting your statements incorrectly.

then why i gotta do some complicated shit i dont understand with my squat?

Someone at some point had to say "I am going to perform this movement with X resistance, I am going to repeat it Y number of times, then do that Z times with rest in between" and evolve the idea from there. When this concept was invented, there was absolutely no known science suggesting that this would work better than other methods being used at the time (just doing a single max rep an arbitrary amount of times throughout the day, single sets of extremely light movements to failure, etc.). Someone, at some point, just arbitrarily decided to try that and see if it would work. It did, so they improved upon it, getting us what we have today.

Oh my bad. I thought you were saying something completely different. My mistake. Don't mind my idiocy. I sometimes make an ass of myself through misunderstandings.

Heavy farmers walks work the forearms, but they work a shit ton of other muscles. Your traps have to work a shit ton harder to stabilize the weight when you're moving, and your core gets a fuck ton of work. This isn't meme shit like "Heavy squats and deadlifts are all the ab work you need" that's bullshit but heavy farmers walks are actually an intense core workout

go and shop and then walk with two bags home, u will either die and not get any food or make it and compelte your real farmers walks

Because a squat involves a fuckton more weight than a farmer's carry.

No, it’s just AOL, not AOLO

Well, just don't do it again and maybe one day I can learn to forgive you.

Is that an IBM?

its not some great debate faggot kys

Maybe if you're weak at farmers carry

>hypertrophy?
Not just holding it until you're a fountain of blood
>in the shape of a girl

Attached: th.jpg (230x170, 9K)