What the fuck, Jow Forums?!?! You didn't tell me learning to cook would be so expensive...

What the fuck, Jow Forums?!?! You didn't tell me learning to cook would be so expensive. Had to spent $110 on fucking ingredients, had to buy a skillet and cooking utensils, bowls, tupperware, etc.

I better lose some fucking weight or else.

Attached: Carl_Brutananadilewski.jpg (600x450, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7uV0e0u3GU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't already have those?

It's not our fault your parents deposited an underequipped retard upon the world

Dude you don't even need a skillet just throw your chicken directly on the stove

Kek

I never cooked. Just microwaved shit, and ate fast food. It simple and easy, but now I'm fat as fuck.

what the fuck are you making that requires $110

You can get just about everything you need to start cooking at around $20 at many dollar stores.

I bought a bunch of ingredients for THREE different recipes, so that's why it was so much. I needed a lot of different spices like thyme, oregano, rosemary, etc. I also needed vegetables, you know? Like onions, potatoes, broccoli, garlic, etc. And then I needed to buy meat, and that ran me about $20 for chicken breast. I also picked milk. The recipe also called for balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, etc.

It just all adds up after you realize how many things you had to buy.

I hope you bought the non perishable shit in bulk even for a newbie it hardly needs stating

This.
Shop at thrift, secondhand, garage sales, TJMaxxx.
Avoid uni-taskers.
Invest in a good cast iron pan, basic crockpot, and a decent knife.
Silicone spatulas are cheap.

Non-perishable? I mean, it'll keep a while as long as it's frozen, right? I don't know what you mean by non-perishable shit. I bought frozen vegetables and meat. You keep it in the fridge and it'll be fine, right? Also why should I have bought it in bulk?

He means spices, rice, beans.

Well, I didn't buy any rice and beans. I guess I should get some beans tomorrow. I heard rice isn't actually good for you, well, maybe brown rice. or jasmine rice? And why would I buy spice in bulk? I'm not going to go through all that spice for a month if not more probably. Should I buy beans and rice in bulk?

Cooking saves SO much money in the long run tbhfam

Buying cooking equipment now means you won't have to spend stupid amounts of money later on friend

>hurrrr what the fuck I had to BUY THINGS THAT NORMAL, HEALTHY PEOPLE ALL OWN AFTER THE AGE OF 16????
You must be as stupid as you are fat, you sack of shit.

Yes you can freeze meat and veg but if you're going to do that you need to keep your dates well organised because they do spoil eventually

Bulk buying is what you need to do if you're unhappy about the cost of food. Bulk generally equals cheaper but you also know where to shop

Okay, so you've made an initial investment in some equipment for the cooking and storage of your food. Why don't you give it a few weeks and come back to tell us whether or not it's paid for itself with all the money you're not spending on pre-packaged or restaurant meals?

t. angry fatty who somehow thinks his being super obese is the fault of other people

what recipe

Thee different crookpot recipes I found on some website. I was just looking up easy/healthy recipes for beginners, but I bought all the ingredients for all three recipes because I plan to make all three of them. I made the first one tonight and it turned out pretty tasty. I might make the next one either tomorrow, or in a couple of days. It's just that each recipe required different spices and oils, plus I needed different kinds of vegetables and shit.

I mean it isn't really his fault is it? Assuming American, if his parents didn't teach him then how is he supposed to learn to cook?

Yeah, I am American. And my mother never cooked, and my father was more of the cook. But we didn't really cook. My entire family lived off microwavable dinners and fast food. My father is pretty heavy set as well, but my mom has been dieting for like 15 years. She goes to the gym every now and again, and watches what she eats. She's completely against fast food and sweets. My dad cooked every now and again, but not that often. He knows how to cook, but it's just not something he did all the time.

I mean, you can teach yourself how to cook. I'm pretty sure about that, but it takes time to get better at it. You can look up recipes and watch videos or cooking shows to learn how to do stuff in the kitchen.

I love Carl

youtube.com/watch?v=s7uV0e0u3GU

there is an initial expense you need to invest in when it comes to making your own food. but in the long run you save so much money.
fast food and quick microwave food has a premium cost to it because of it's convenience. making your own shit doesn't do that so it's cheaper

You could have just bought a few water bottles, no-salt, magnesium powder and pink salt if you wanted to lose weight fatty. It's called fasting, it's super cheap and effective.

fucking fatty, just fast, eat once every four to five days. buy a steak. can't be that fucking expensive. all you'd need to season it with is salt, which you should have anyway to go with your snake juice.

jasmine rice is just a white rice that's been left in a room with jasmine.

>saving the white race, for this

>Shilling the Snake Juice

You're the fifth person I've seen mention that tonight, not sure if you're the same person but either way just piss off. Also the Snake Juice diet requires you to go 3-4 days without food. Can't do it, I tried and only got through about 24 hours before I felt like death.

Also I feel like this is a samefag, but either way the Snake Juice diet isn't for everyone. I know it's just an advanced form of intermittent fasting, but if you're gonna do it then you should start off small. Like fast for 24 hours and then eat a meal and then fast again. I think it's stupid to just go 3-4 days right off the bat without eating.

You have to get your body use to fasting. It's hard if you're not use to going so many days without food, especially if you're eating 3-6 meals a day.

is that true??

What the fuck Jow Forums?!?! You didn't tell me sleeping would be so expensive. Had to spend $110 on fucking rent, had to buy a bed and linens, pillows, blanket, etc.

That's because it works you fat fuck.

Attached: samefag.png (959x993, 108K)

Kek, all you need is a hammock and a net.

Ahaha, weak faggot. Only 24 hours? Get uncomfortable to get results.
Seriously though, of course you have to get used to it. That's why you go as long as you can. Then have a small meal, then go again, trying to beat your previous time.
It's like going to the gym, nobody can lift their own body weight from the get-go.

actually i heard somewhere that it was. i looked it up... not true. someone lied to me.

Snake Juice tastes like saltwater with feces in it. And don't tell me I made it wrong, when I tried it I bought all the right stuff and measured it perfectly. Tasted fucking gross.

i lost over 100lbs and i wouldnt suggest fasting

i never did it but i did eat low calories and it can fuck with your hormones, either way he needs to learn good eating habits so no need to fast imo
good luck user
i believe in you
potatoes are really satiating for the amount of calories

>wonders why salt, a salt substitute and magnesium tastes like salty shit
fuck you are retarded user what did you expect?

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 45K)

Get a Chechnyan mail order bride to cook for you. That way you at least save some time.

Nobody says it tastes good, but you get used to it if it's just salt water, none of the extra baking soda/cayenne/lemon/acv/unnecessary shit.
Half teaspoon sodium chloride, half teaspoon potassium chloride, litre of water.
Try that, should be passable at least.

Only $110?
Fuck I spend like 200 a week and I'm a twig

>Hurr durr it's suppose to taste bad but it'll help you lose weight also just don't eat bro for like 3-7 days.

Yeah, well, have fun torturing yourself. I'll just stick with healthy diet and exercise.

We don't all shop at the organic shop in town that charges $20 for an onion and $50 for meat.

I shop kroger/meijer

Well, I don't know what you're buying. I bought all my shit at Wal-Mart and it really didn't seem like that much and it cost me over $100.

Lemme know how that works out for in a year's time.
Meanwhile I'll be here losing a kilo a day. Yeah there's the psychological factors, the hunger that sticks around for a few minutes and sometime-queasiness.

But, losing 20kg from it makes it worth it. Never achieved these results from diet and exercise.
Chicken/broccoli six times a day with HIIT and regular gym does shit all for weight loss.

Fruit, veg, meat, dried beans and rice, nuts pretty much nothing heavily processed.

You are aware there are multiple ways to diet and lose weight, right? You can't just write off that every other way is inferior compared to Snake Juice, unless you personally tried every other way to diet.

Everyone's body is different. I'm sure what didn't work for you would work for some people.

>take 1 year to lose ~40 lbs with CICO
>take 1 week to lose ~10 lbs with fasting
Hmmm, choices choices...

>doesnt fast
never going to make it

True, I haven't tried purging yet, so who am I to tell you what works from years of experimentation and personal experience.

How much do you weigh? And do you have a lot of muscle? I mean, if you've been doing this for years then I'd expect you to be in shape.

the scariest thing i think aobut is how in college for three years i basically just ate pasta every dinner. i rarely even ate meat. just fucking pasta every day

no wonder i stayed emaciated and still am

>experimenting with losing weight, not building muscle
>oh, you must have lots of muscle by now. show me so i can prove your fasting wrong.

You think that's bad? My cafeteria in college was just an all you could eat deal. They had pizza, ice cream, cereal, fries, comfort food, pasta station, soda, etc.

I ate fries, pizza, and hamburgers EVERY NIGHT with ranch and soda. I did this for like 3-4 years and what is hilarious is I didn't hardly gain that much weight. I didn't even work out or exercise hardly. But 3 months living in an apartment and I gained 15-20 lbs. Unbelievable. Granted I eat a lot of fast food and junk food, but still.

you could have just bought a crock-pot for 40$ and leave it on all the time adding food in whenever you feel like it not worrying how it tastes.

i did that freshman year of college. i went from 5'7" 115 to 5'9" 135 in 2 months

Well, did you at least lose weight in all those years you were experimenting? How much did you lose? Surely a lot.

Well, you want the food to TASTE good, no? I mean, I would. Do people really just throw random stuff into a crockpot without marinading or seasoning it with spices and stuff?

they buy stocks and meat and veggies and throw it in

That sounds underweight as fuck to me. 115lbs? You needed to put on weight.

So no recipe? They just get like chicken stock, random vegetables, and any kind of meat and just throw it all in a crockpot? I guess that would work.

you can follow a recipe if you're worried it's gonna taste bad, but a couple weeks into it you'll get it down and what flavours you like/don't like etc... So much cheaper than cooking. You don't have to buy the expensive cuts of meat to actually make them tender as well. You can buy chuck for like 3$ a pound and just throw it in like a stew

At most 2kg a week, but it'd get ruined with social events and food cravings. Was hard to keep going when there was never a clear result. Back then I was a 16yo dumbfag who still ate 3 - 4 meals a day in highscool, by 21 I started jogging and running, but kept eating and doing muscle workouts that targeting every muscle, but didn't upon them. Now at 24 I started snake diet, and have gone from 105 to 86 in less than 6 months.

Do you even Aldi bro?

It is remarkable that people in their 20s don't even know how to throw something together for food.

>fell for the skillet meme
Glass stovetops are made to be cooked on without pans, unless youre a poorfag with burners or coils

what is something you "throw together" mr chef

Kek, all you need is the floor and to be sleepy.

Not him but I can literally have a potpie in the oven in 20 minutes. Or have a lamb or chicken curry ready in 20. Steak asparagus and mashed potatoes same time. Tonkatsu and Japanese curry vegetables same time. Nip rice takes longer because it has to be washed dried then soaked but I do that in the morning anyways

Parents didn't teach how to cook.
School didn't have any culinary arts or home economics classes.
Washing dishes was a chore growing up, grew to hate it.
Went grocery shopping with my parents, never paid attention to what they were buying, or what the price was.
Since moving out, there are many instant meals available for sale for less than $3 per serving.
Don't own many utensils or cookware.
Most recipes online would impoverish you if you tried to use them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I'm getting better, making meal plans, knowing what to buy, etc., but this was honestly my life.

You think 3 dollars per serving on a meal is cheap?

A basic fucking sandwich with all of the fixings costs less then a dime.

A piece of baked chicken a baked potato and a salad would cost you 50 cents at best.

A basic sandwich does NOT cost less than a dime. The bread alone will cost more than that.

And the potato alone is more than 50ยข

How much does a loaf of bread cost?
How many slices of bread in that loaf?
Divide the cost of the bread by how many slices are in that loaf.
That's your answer

Divide the cost of the bag of potatoes by how many potatoes are in the bag.

A basic sandwhich will cost less then a fucking dime if you are thrifty.

Let's be conservative and say the loaf of bread costs $2. A standard loaf has 18 slices plus end pieces. You're over a dime with one slice.

5 pound bag of potatoes for $4, no way that meal comes in under 50 cents.

>tupperware
Enjoy your estrogens

bread: 1.99 / 18 slices + 2 buttbread = .09
store brand mayo: .99 / 52 tbspoons = .04
store brand cheese: .99 / 24 slices = .04
bologna: .99 / 16 slices = .06

Standard sandwhich = 36 cents.

5lb bag of potatoes comes with 15-20 potatoes.
4/15= 26 cents per potato

bag of leg quarters costs around 5 dollars and
has about 10 leg quarters maybe more.
50 cents per leg quarter. If you eat the entire leg quarter and not just the thigh or drumstick.

So yeah. A meal will cost about 50-75 cents. And that's not counting the seasoning and herbs for the chicken which comes out to less then a penny per use.
The butter will be a bit pricey, but it's worth it for that small pat of butter to lay on top of the potato.

Attached: bread.png (352x316, 10K)

Use church and government pantries.

This desu. I used to iron my chicken strips when I was in uni. The plus side was my clothes always smelt of chicken.