Tfw going back to community college at 24

>tfw going back to community college at 24

Attached: 1509845326686.jpg (1424x1944, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gvboces.org/instruction.cfm?subpage=208774
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What have you done before? Just being a beer?

I plan to go back to college at 26, not really a big deal my dude

Also going back when i turn 24 but i look 16 so no biggie

Flunked out of the best university in my state and been an on and off neet since

>tfw went back to uni at 23, year ago
>people in my group laught at a guy for being 21
>calling him granpa
>they think I'm just after highschool
>intend to keep quiet about it till the very end but it's getting more difficult the longer I know them

Attached: 1536507764187.png (960x960, 1.4M)

Most under 21 kids going to college don't know what the fuck they're doing with their life or have any idea where they're going in the future. The ones that think they do are probably brainwashed. Going to college isn't the elitist social event like American'ts make it out to be.

I'm mid twenties with 6 years of software dev experience. Anyone think it would be worth to go get a CS degree? I've kinda lucked into all my jobs so far so not sure how the hunt goes

you have 6 years of experience. the degree probably wouldn't be much of a bonus.
if you want to get higher up in your field, work on your portfolio.

It's ok user, I did the same thing at 25 and now I almost have an AA in mathematics, planning on transferring to a good school. The shame is always there, but it begins to be soothed with a sense of reassurance that atleast you are doing something and that there is a point in the future where you can see a possible change in your life. I found this much better than the existential nightmare of being completely lost and hopeless in a shit job or the isolation and nothingness of NEETdom.

Gotta agree with this user.

6 years' experience gets you in the door just about anywhere now, just make sure you keep your skills current with whatever buzzwords are hot in your specialty.

I'm a SQL developer and you wouldn't believe how many potential clients expect you to have Azure experience...even when they don't want to use Azure.

>WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ASK THREE QUESTIONS ABOUT AZURE DURING THE PHONE INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE USING SQL SERVER 2017?

>WE DON'T KNOW WHY, THE INTERNET TOLD US TO ASK THAT

>be 25
>recently readmitted to university after taking three years off
>professor assigns a group project
>meet classmates, decide on a topic
>ask what year they graduated high school
>they're all uperclassmen and say 2014 or 2015

>tfw graduated in 2011
>tfw literal grandpa

Attached: sc.jpg (384x800, 39K)

>Graduated in 2016 with a Biochemistry degree.
>Wagecuck in a lab for two years and hated it.
>Taking an anatomy course to meet PA school requirements

It's not too bad. I'm literally surrounded by nubile 18 year old girls.

agreed, someone with 6 years experience will get chosen over some chink from a bottom tier ivy league school with a cs degree

>t. cornell class of 2016, currently an doomer accountant

I'm thinking about going back to college at 30 lmao. At least I already have my degree

Most people at community college are like 40.

>Go to college at 27 after being neet for almost 10 years
>everyone thinks I'm fresh out of high school, asking me where I graduated
>befriending all these zoomers
>So many 18 year old qts

What should I do?

Attached: devil-pepe2.jpg (396x482, 28K)

>22
>tfw in prestigious grad program

For all my failures at least I stayed on track in school
Probably owe it to my dad tbqh.

Capitalize on the situation, duh
Good hunting!

Attached: warren-buffett-cherry-coke.jpg (480x360, 28K)

nobody asked u to brag u fuck

NO brAGGING

Is accounting/cpa worth it?

Attached: tenor.png (500x374, 223K)

I'm going back at 29.

Attached: 1535662426672.png (788x699, 21K)

Yes it is
Been wornking for 10 years in an small account, and it's cool

>tfw comparing a picture of me at 19 on my license to my face now at 26

IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: wojakmask.jpg (601x508, 28K)

I know it sucks, but im in community college now too im only 20 but i see alot of older people there. I have nothing but respect for them, i even have a 70 year old in my english class, dont stress about it bro, just keep your shit together and youll be fine

Grad school too? iktf

Attached: 1340030704699.jpg (876x876, 56K)

>Going back to university after getting kicked out two years ago
>Will have to retake some of the classes I failed and see the same professors whose classes I failed

such is the life of a perpetually depressed loner brainlet retard :)

i went back to school at 27, never too late to go back, as long as you want it and have the drive.

Don't worry user, there are plenty of people in there 30s and 40s at community college. I've also had a few people in like their 60s in my classes.
But I'm also from a military town so a lot of people are newly retired from the military looking to finally start college since now the government will pay for it. But there's still no shame in starting later. It's better than being in your 40s and never going to college and just working some dead end job.

Hell, I had a manager at my old workplace who was in college still. Absolutely no shame in pursuing education at a later point in life.

>American'ts
Good lord how pretentious can one lonely virgin be?

Just graduated at 28. I'm lined up for 4 interviews for comfy jobs at the moment and things are looking up. You can do it user!

in b4
>it's a liberal arts degree

Any advice for older students say 25+?

>KHV social recluse want to go back to college at 23
>50% to get a degree and 50% for the experience
>mostly for the experience
>realize the experience won't actually be what I want because I'm already old and autistic
>tfw still scrambling for any semblance of a normal youth I have left even though deep down I know it's impossible

I've honestly never been so close to suicide. I'm such a faggot.

Attached: 1535850863445.png (693x1101, 24K)

>literal
All of that money spent on your education and you're still a retard.

Community college is made for fuckups, don't worry about fitting in

lol whats the fucking point? the cutoff for going back to school was like at 19 or maybe 20 but that's pushing it. I think it's a bit late for you grandpa.

Attached: 2923604-tsukasa_sagawa.jpg (320x180, 17K)

I'm only 21 and even I feel like I'd be a grandpa if I went there.

All of my high school classmates and friends either have degrees or finished their apprenticeships and are making bank. I feel so far behind.

All of that time spent online and you still can't meme.

Honestly, just play the 'I traveled after highschool' excuse and know what you want when you're at university. Going back to school at any age shouldn't be a problem, imagine the sad fucks that went 18-22 and have no clue on what to do with 100k in debt. It could be worse,

this desu

I actually did travel after high school. Did a year and a half at community college, transferred to a good university. Shit didn't go well, largely because I picked a natural science major I didn't have any real interest in. Took a few more years off, traveled to dozens of countries, figured out my priorities and passions. Guess it's cliche, but the experiences did help steer me in the direction.

Now that I'm in my mid-twenties and back at university, I feel much more driven and mature than my classmates.

I went to a community college and tutored:
>women going back after divorce
>a guy going back after physical injury
>trucker doing some medicine thing after back problems trucking
>old guy, had to be at least 60, going back because he wanted to learn about Materials Science and get a BS
>grandmother got her Law degree in her 50s
>51 year old with Autistic kid getting Bachelors part-time planning 57
>kids in high school taking College Physics
>was hands and eyes for a blind teacher (diabetes), 1/3rd the students that take stats are 30+ and/or have a bunch of kids and drop em off at the nursery before going to class
>mentally slow guy (not an idiot, just imagine 1/4 the speed of a normal person and had motor problems)
>still had the normies here and there, but not as bad as they could've been
>girl with part of her cerebellum removed because when she was born it was outside her skull so they cut some off

Personally, I'm a Mensan that failed high school, started CC at 21 with college credits, took 3 years and a summer because of English 101 and speaking courses (failed/dropped 8 courses total), got an Engineering and Applied Sciences degree in 2014, started uni in 2015 and got my BS in Electrical Engineering, 2017.

Had around $40k in debt, worked for a year but left because they stopped paying. Unemployed. Ask me anything.

me^

I met a weeb/sperg going for Japanese Culture. Transferred from out of state for ALL his education, NO GRANTS NO SCHOLARSHIPS. $120k for a fucking Bachelor's in Japanese culture.

Worth noting: at ~$40k, I'm paying ~$500 per month, a little more than minimum. At $120k you'd best be paying $1300-$1500 per month to pay it off in 10-15 years. Note, most rent in places is $1000-$1400 for a two-bedroom apartment. One bedroom is normally $400-$1000 depending on the kind (shared house vs one bedroom in a decent area).

At $50k I made $3200 net at a $50k/year job. Someone making the same would have $700-1000 left to spend on *everything else*.

You don't know the half of it. Pic related. Look carefully at the third requirement.

Attached: what_is_real.png (793x1185, 79K)

>military guy who had tour or two, early 20s
>we talk about something, he finds out I'm into games/internet shit
>he starts going on about fucking Warhammer
>some guy had it overseas and he liked how spergy it got
>he wants to get a full tabletop set
>mfw

Attached: warhammer.jpg (474x342, 38K)

I dropped out of high school at 16, graduated with a BA at 35. It was strange at first, but I got used to it quickly. I had a completely separate life outside of uni, and I just came to think of it as another kind of job to do. In my community college classes I wasn't even always the oldest person. Don't worry about it, just worry about your GPA.

Bunch of people I went to film school did that when I was 18 and it was sort of a contest between them to see who was the youngest in the program

Now all of them are in their 20s in other programs unrelated to film cause they couldnt find a job in the field

don't worry about it, I felt like a retard starting uni again at 25 but there were so many people who were also older. maybe not also 25 but a lot of people who weren't straight out of highschool

>tfw went back to college
>can't bare to bullshit assignments anymore
>can't bare to be around people who act like I don't exist
>been skipping classes and not doing any assignments
Not sure what's gonna happen. I know I'm gonna fail every class, but I'm not sure if they'll allow me to keep going on like this for the entirety of the semester

OP you dumb bitch I just started going back and I'm almost 25 yo. Even though I've been to trade school and almost got my 2 year in sociology, that's why I got a good read on you and why you're a dumb bitch

Attached: 10 out of 10 ideal breeding material.png (600x880, 609K)

>last week professor assigned in class group essay
>sit with a random group
>they start discussing essay and ideas
>I have nothing to add to discussion because I don't pay attention in class
>they write entire essay without me saying a word
>they still ask me what my name is at the end to write on the paper to get credit
>I stutter out "I d-don't really wanna put my name on that" because I feel guilty for not contributing

Buy them alcohol. You can easily be one of the most popular guys on campus with this ability alone.

Figure out what you want out of life brother. No worries if you don't have an answer yet, but please take time of your day even if it's for 5 minutes to eventually figure it out.

I'm 24, soon to be 25.

I dropped out of college twice already, due to various combinations of stress, pressure, social anxiety and depression.
I have a stable, pretty easy and mostly stress free job now, but the pay is mediocre and I don't want to be doing this for the next several decades of my life.

But I just don't know what the point of trying to go to school a third time will be. I haven't gotten any less socially anxious or depressed. The simple thought of having to do group assignments still gives me a panic attack. I still don't even know what I'd want to study. I won't be able to network, which lots of people agree is even more important than anything you actually get taught in classes. I just don't see the point of subjecting myself to the stress of it all over again, knowing I'll probably just fail at all of the social and educational aspects again and regain all the debt I've paid off. But continuing as I am now will also start to suck after a couple years.

I don't think I'm stupid. I could learn to do lots of things if I just had the right environment to learn and practice it but all society wants is college education. Fuck.

Attached: 1388840449971.png (328x545, 204K)

WHAT DO YOU WANT IN LIFE THE MOST user? WHAT CAREER DO YOU SEE YOURSELF DOING THE MOST?

Professional booty inspector.

in my experience people like that are either
1. memed into the field they're in and will realize years later that they hate it because they were too young the entire time they were in the shit to be self aware enough of their abilities or preferences or personality
2. one of those really smart people that put all their stats into the one field and nothing into things like sociability

either way there's enough of a downside that it's almost not bragging

I graduated in 2013 and have been working the past 4 years. just started auditing a few math classes to get my chops back and apply to grad school and shit. now i know more of who i am, what i am good at doing, what i am capable of etc. I'm glad i took the break

Look into local trade/skill schools:

gvboces.org/instruction.cfm?subpage=208774

There's an example for mine. Community College is for going on to further programs, or for "fun" degrees (Fashion majors, REALLY?). I might've been able to get a milling job with an Engineering AS (free from grants and living in area, lived with parents for food and rent, got a little side money from tutoring).

New York has one of the best educational networks, but I assume something like that exists in your area.

P.s. I tutored a guy who had failed algebra multiple times during his Engineering stuff, and really wanted to do electrical/industry trade work. He had never heard of trade schools. I hope he went into them, because him and his family were getting upset at his progress. I feel bad for those people that really do try and it just doesn't take. There's options.

when did you take the break user?

I got a psychiatrist's note when I failed all three available "speaking" courses and was looking for help from a counselor. Had the requirement substituted with Interpersonal Relations. You can see if there's alternatives, if you choose to pursue college again.

i was unemployed and completely directionless and depressed for a year out of college, then working still didn't really feel like i was going forward anywhere, so i consider all of it my break from school i guess

though i guess when i was in undergrad i didn't really feel all that much different so idk maybe my whole life is just a break from death or something

So our only real option is a life of crime? Is that what you're saying, Sagawa-han?

From personal experience I would say community college is probably less embarrassing for oldfags than actual university, you get a mix of all types of people there.

I went to a CC at 18 for programming before transferring to a legit uni after my first year. Maybe 1/4 of the class already had bachelor's degrees and were unemployed or some shit, there was a 24yo biology grad and a 26yo psychology grad for sure, honestly didn't think anything negative towards them. We were the nerd anime table playing LAN warcraft 3 during lessons

In actual university there was some 30yo bitch in my Economics 202 lecture, she was the only one older than 25 and stuck out like a sore thumb. Felt bad for her and also judged her

What do you do at "community college" and how is it different from a "trade school"? I've seen commercials on the telly about trade schools that teach you how to be a mechanic or a welder and whatnot, but what do community colleges teach?

I went back at 29 and was happy I did. Got my carpentry certification and now I'm making big buckarinos.

Attached: CURgO_JqaWWYro4bVe3FbhIRE4wuNE1FjPBfSFFRYI8.jpg (622x767, 106K)

do what ya gotta do to avoid a life of wageslavery

what program you in m8?

One guy in my program was 45. stfu you spergs

They teach you material, mostly. Art majors had art history classes for example. As an Engineer we learned a LOT. Engineering is based explicitly on using theory to predict problems, versus a tradesman who is versed in the use of some technique. My Associate's was in Engineering and Applied Sciences, from apparently a good school:
>Calculus based physics up to Special Relativity and basic Quantum math
>Calculus including integration over volumes and surfaces, Differential Equations used in derivation of continuous behaviors and basic electromagnetic math
>Statics, Dynamics mechanical courses
>basic analog circuits
>Chemistry 101 necessary
Along with the handful of normie "muh intellect" classes.

A trade school would focus on what a /job/ would contain. For a chef it would be kitchen environments, safety, recipes, how your position in a kitchen would work. It would have basic chemistry but wouldn't focus on Organic Chemistry and stuff and definitely wouldn't have history, art, math outside of basic unit conversions, etc.

Holy shit this thread triggered me
> tfw I turned down a qt 26 year old Christian Lebanese/Egyptian girl in my class who was flirting with me simply because I was 20

>tfw you got turned down by a milf because she wanted her kids to be 18 before she divorced her husband
Feels bad man

It fascinates me how people below 25 are even able to study on such a high level.

I did 2 tries in college, one semester CS at 22, 4 semester economic CS with 23-24. I hated both, was depressed ans cried everyday.
It wasn't until 25 when I started Medical Engineering, a subject which is harder than both subjects I studied before, that I actually got my shit together.
As a male, college is hell, if you are an introvert, no one bothers to talk with you, since you are just a male and have therefore no worth to talking with. Also constant bullying during puberty that destroyed you completely, a non caring father and hatred for women.
No, I wasn't capable psychologically to study from 18-25.

>tfw went to college at 20yo but everyone think im at least in my mid 20s to late 20s

this feel was mine 2 years ago. Now I'm going to a great uni for my BS and Masters in a field I love. Keep working user, I believe in you.

Attached: 1328367094607.jpg (524x481, 38K)

>check on CC page on LinkedIn
>Cougar Weekend at GCC!
Pic related.

At uni it was all party and fun for most of the kids. A lot were sad poorer people who just wanted to have a decent life.

At CC or uni, the adults always had their shit together more. I've heard from a Psychologist that although adults lose a little ability as they get older, their impulsivity and distractedness drops more. They can focus for more time, and do it reliably without it being stressful or culture based (fucking Asians).

Attached: 5593645+_85a64da2a73d6063856091868149e952.jpg (500x375, 26K)

No..not grad school, but you knew that.

Attached: 1524913150466.png (655x509, 25K)

That babyfaced at 27? Impressive. People think I'm fresh out of high school but I'm 21

I sympathize

>At uni it was all party and fun for most of the kids
And for good reason, it's a billion dollar industry selling coming-of-age to teenagers.

Wait, is that actually a recent, legit Murphy photo? The fuck happened?

>went to CC after highschool and got my CCNA networking certification
>years of NEETdom later I am considering going back to learn baking

Attached: man-with-gun-commit-suicide-stock-photography_csp58676801.jpg (262x194, 9K)