Abandon real life relationships. Just play RPGs. I've never been happier

Abandon real life relationships. Just play RPGs. I've never been happier.

Attached: Fftbox.jpg (256x256, 94K)

i wish i had the attention span to do that but i just get bored

I'm happy for you user. I just lost interest in games in general, nowadays i just lurk here and do work related stuff on the pc.

Hell yeah. Been playing that FF6 rn!

Couldnt have picked a better game than that, OP.

FFT is unironically a based thinking man's game.

GJ

I am playing the new dragon quest pc release

Attached: 1992798.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

The 3 weeks I spent playing Persona 5 twice were the happiest in the last decade, easily
Moving on was really hard tho

Attached: 1518815893861.jpg (800x1120, 100K)

Yeah, I am surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Bought it about a year ago and just had it around and recently started playing it. I missed out on a bunch of ps1 RPGs so I bought Final Fantasy Tactics, FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, Star Ocean Second Story, Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Cross. I want to get Grandia, Atelier Iris, Saga Frontier 1 and 2, Suikoden games, Jade Cocoon, Legend of Mana, FF Origins, and maybe others but I am loving Tactics.

This reminds that PS1 RPGs were probably honestly the Golden Age of RPGs.

Add Kartia, Azure Dreams, Breath of Fire 3, Vagrant Story, and The Grandstream Saga to that list if you havent played them already.

Oh, and if you haven't, throw Tactics Ogre in there. That's were FFT's style comes from.

Fucking fantastic game, what a ride. Such fun times I remember spending ages trying to get a Hydra to join my team only to get to use it once in the final battle where it was totally useless. I had a samurai ramza and would just annihilate anything I touched hahhaha good times,

Attached: 1417269678523.png (512x504, 283K)

I'm incapable of self-insertion so the only enjoyment I get out of RPGs is min/maxing.

One more; if you like Dark Souls and Demon Souls, then play King's Field. That's where those games get their atmosphere.

Be warned though, this and the other 3D games have very dated polygonal graphics. Still fun though.

Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation was amazing! 10/10 game for sure. I remember playing that when I was a kid. Shame they never have given it a proper sequel it deserves. The second game on GBA was trash.
Tactics Ogre was the shit! I still have it laying around in my room somewhere. I figure in another decade I can throw it up on ebay or something.

Attached: smug.jpg (280x280, 27K)

Monk Ramza wrecks everything. I was poised to be a knight all game until it turned out Monk was utterly fucking broken and owned the shit out of everything.

I played Breath of Fire 3 back in the day. All those games you listed look enticing too, it absolutely was a golden age. I play the games slowly, savoring each detail and listening to the music. I took over a year to play through Final Fantasy IX, just gradually working through. It's the only game I bought the artwork book for.

it's a cycle my dude
you'll be sad again soon
that shit only lasts for so long

Very nice thread OP. You get a bump for repping the most underrated FF game of all time. It is easily just as exquisite as VI or VII, perhaps even more so in some respects.
If you haven't done so already, play this fucking game (the original version, not the piece of shit Shakespearian ENIXED remake for PSP)

Attached: 1493951021326.jpg (798x535, 72K)

>The second game on GBA was trash

It's a shame too because it had 2 mechanics I really like, the race/class system (only certain races have access to certain classes) and that crafting system which I forget exactly how it worked but remember it was aesthetic af. It just felt like mobile graphics and the juvenile story didn't do justice to an FF game.

Attached: 53265.jpg (986x1149, 172K)

I wasn't really unhappy to begin with, more like I just found this great bliss in playing these games.

I'm playing through ff6 for the first time and all the hipsters lied ff7 is better

Amen! Maybe one day they will give this game the proper sequel it deserves, but until then.....we can dream, right?

Attached: 777454.png (998x1140, 243K)

FF7 was my first ff and blew me away. It was funny because I actually wanted Legend of Dragoon after seeing it at a friend's but the store didn't have it, the 25yo clerk was "hey you should get this instead" and I was like "I guess."

In any case I couldn't play more than a few hours of ff6, the game is just too technologically outdated

You probably 1. a huge graphics whore who feels irrational contempt for 2D games 2. were exposed to 7 during your formative years and thus feel biased in its favor, and/or 3. are mindlessly reacting against an opinion you perceive as dilettante-esque elitism

Do you know if the family name "Beoulve" is deliberately similar to "Beowulf" or if there's similarities in the stories? I started playing FF Tactics and then just recently began reading Beowulf because I noticed the similarity but I'm only 20 pages in.

Well obviously 1 and 2 are accurate