Twitter backlash as tweet promoting FGM is seen 30,000 times

>Twitter has been slammed after a tweet promoting female genital mutilation (FGM) on children was viewed more than 30,000 times. A Muslim group calling itself Dawoodi Bohra Women for Religious Freedom posted a tweet last week justifying 'khafz' - or female circumcision - on young girls. The tweet featured a video of group member Arwa Sohangpurwala saying: 'My daughters have also undergone khafz, and they're growing up as perfectly as other children of their age.

>'As a mother, I can never do anything to harm them.' Despite FGM being illegal in the UK, with a penalty of up to 14 years, the group paid Twitter to 'promote' the tweet, so it showed up on the timelines of users who didn't even follow their account. Twitter users immediately slammed the controversial ad. Esmael Omar wrote: 'Speak for yourself woman. Don't speak on behalf of innocent girls. 'FGM is FGM no matter how you want [to] sugar coat it. Leave alone cutting - even touching the female genitalia of a girl is still child abuse.

>The Dawoodi Bohra Women for Religious Freedom group - a branch of the Shi'ite Muslim community - promotes female circumcision and claims it has been 'wrongly classified as female genital mutilation'. It also claims the procedure involves 'removal of a speck of superficial skin, a simple gentle process in which there is negligible, if any, pain'. However, the World Health Organization classifies the smallest form of skin removal as type 1 FGM. Unicef estimates more than 200 million women have undergone FGM procedures worldwide.

Read more: metro.co.uk/2018/09/20/twitter-backlash-as-tweet-promoting-fgm-is-seen-30000-times-7962578/?ito=cbshare

Attached: 74155.png (1169x688, 562K)

Yet we still routinely mutilate baby boys. What a sad double standard.

>Leave alone cutting - even touching the female genitalia of a girl is still child abuse.
God damn this makes me so angry. Why are women put on such a pedestal? No one thought twice about mutilating my dick.

I'm sure even IGM becomes illegal before MGM. That said, I'm against all forms of GM.

I'm sorry for your loss user. Male genital mutilation needs to be outlawed but the government doesn't want to upset (((them)))

I'm one of the lucky ones, my foreskin was too hard to properly circumcise for some reason so they left a good part of it, including enough to cover most of the base, intact. But the tip of my head is really fucked up with friction burns and callouses. It hurts every time I pee.

If your foreskin is still intact you can likely stretch it over the head over time. Jewish men would do this mong the romans to not stand out which is why it was later said that they must scrape off all remnants of the foreskin. It's very barbaric.

>um sweetie you can't compare male circumcision and FGM. in FGM they cut off the clit and sew up the vagina. It would be like cutting off your entire penis. It's done to control female sexuality and subjugate women by dehumanizing them. Male circumcision is the removal of just a useless piece of skin, and it is not and never has been about controlling men or their sexuality.

>also I've never heard a man complain about being circumcised. circumcised men are fine, that's why they support doing it to their sons. FGM is different. no FGM survivor supports FGM and no woman would do that to her daughter. Also unlike FGM, male circumcision is a religious practice and must therefore be protected

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 36K)

So what do exactly do they do to their genitals? Do they cut off the entire libia and clit, or do they sow something up or what? Is it the equivalent of a male circumcision

Why tho?
Unnecessary surgery is unnecessary.

Khafz is partial removal of the clitoral hood. It's actually not as bad as circumcision.

They make a cut in the clitoral hood to partially expose the head of the clitoris. It falls along the lines of the category of FGM Type 4, or arguably 1A.

>Is it the equivalent of a male circumcision

In terms of physical damage it is much less extreme than male circumcision.

So what is the exact reason that mgm remains legal in the entire world but fgm is outright banned in all forms? I assume it's because mutilating psychos can hide behind the very dubious "health benefits" of forcibly cutting off an infant's body part.

What is with Abrahamic religions and genital mutilation? Why not cool body scarification instead? Or is that too pagan?

Attached: tribal scarring.jpg (183x275, 7K)

Because they're designed to cause emotional and physical harm and as a show of devotion towards their preferred deity. Nothing's more personal and sacred to a person than their genitals.

Because in the past female jews know if they were raped and he wasn't circumcised, they could abort

I mean you are right, but circumcision is still wrong

Almost everything I wrote there is egregiously wrong. I was being sarcastic.

Robots not being able to see such over the top sarcasm causes me physical pain.

I know but you are still more or less right lol

Robots? Why'd you refer to robots in the third person? Is it perhaps, because this is another thread made by the (probably gay and from /lgbt/) anti-circumcision discord shill group? Just a thought

I didn't use third person. It's called a plural you cuck.

Plural and third person are not mutually exclusive. You literally used the third person, and by the fact that you chose to avoid this point and could only muster up a point you know is wrong basicallly proves my point for me. Can you faggots go away? What is it with every group of retards with a chip on their shoulder coming to shill on r9k?

Im raging at this

They are mutually exclusive. I can be a robot and refer to other robots as robots. You don't have to be a part of some discord group to feel an innate discomfort over your own peers not getting something that's clearly mocking the stupidy of toasties, and not agreeing with cutting off a child's penis doesn't make you a shill Mr. Shekelburg.

I tried to skip out on penis inspection day because I had foreskin and I knew they'd find out. But American schools really, REALLY don't want anyone to skip penis inspection day. I had an easier time trying to get out of taking standardized tests. With those all I had to do was hide in the bathroom. On PID, security guards and cops guard every door, and are fully armed. Why do they care so much about my penis?! I almost got away but one cop blew off my leg with his shotgun and then they took me to the operating room...