Dexedrine & other stimulants - overdosage advice

Hey Jow Forums, Dexedranon here. How does one identify the signs of overdose without knowing the regularly prescribed dosages or the amount that might have been taken?

How do you differentiate between the normal side effects/intended effects and the symptoms of an OD?

Is there any way to treat the less severe overdose symptoms yourself?

In an effort to not make this thread just "Go to the hospital you idiot" or "Call a doctor and go to the ER" over and over, I'm only going to say that this is a time sensitive question here, and you should assume that paramedics are indeed on the way.

Any information on overdoses of prescribed stimulants would help with this issue immensely.

Attached: Rigor Furious.jpg (595x365, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4nWj7Yhpos
youtube.com/watch?v=cM98Vencdwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Please ask for clarification if you need it, just keep in mind that this might be more than just hypothetical.

Attached: 1ZgGECU_d.jpg (316x400, 9K)

Seriously though, this might either be me freaking out over nothing, or a life threatening mistake and I have no fucking clue what to do.

Attached: 03-potoo_bird.jpg (570x813, 62K)

There's got to at the very least be a lurker here, or someone who has read the post, right?

Attached: Common-Potoo_Photo-2__Fabio-Maffei__SS.jpg (450x325, 39K)

How fast is your heart beating?
Can you take deep, slow breathes? Do not hyperventilate. Is this your first time using a stimulant? Is there anything else wrong?

What did you have for breakfast two days ago?

Well generally if you overdose on stimulants you'll feel pain, have psychosis and your heart will be beating very irregular. First things first, get your two fingers and rub the side of your neck's vein. This will help stabilize your heart. Next go and get a nice bottle of room temperature water and drink it. Calm down, this sounds more like a panic attack rather then an overdose. If you were overdosing you would know.

Americans used to be alright. Having a pussy panic attack scaring ya.

I had a similar experience over the summer OP, I really hope you're ok.

I can take slower breaths but it's incredibly hard to focus on anything, even reading what I type is getting strenuous. I've had the stimulant since I was around 11 years old, so almost 10 years of taking it and it's never been this harsh on me.

Oh there's pain alright. Migraines up the ass, occasional twitches that only tense me up even more, a general lightheaded feeling along with extremely easily brought on disorientation and confusion.

Attached: 008.jpg (1100x822, 103K)

Thank you for your concern, user. You're certainly being more pleasant than this asshole.

Attached: Nyctibius_griseus.jpg (533x800, 66K)

You should absolutely call an ambulance or something then OP. I don't mean to scare you, but if you've been using these pretty regularly and these sidr-effecys are new and intense, waiting it out to see if they get better could be a major,major mistake. Call them now, ask them to stay on the phone with you. You will almost certainly be ok once in the hospital. Do not worry about the bill now.

Oh, and I had 2 bowls of corn flake cereal with whole milk two days ago.

I'm dialing the poison control center right now, but the main worry is that I don't even remember how much I took, just that I took more than I needed by mistake.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (597x481, 61K)

What I can tell you is that my stomach clearly does not appreciate the amount I took last morning. It feels similar to when I purposefully and secretly tried to OD on a whole bottle of Aspirin a year ago. My body didn't get back to normal for weeks after, and saying I was severely incapacitated would put it lightly.

Anyway, now I'm feeling completely drained of any energy, general weakness, and a roaring headache on top of the strongest need to sleep I can remember feeling.

I'm not sure if I can even pay enough attention to what the poison control people are saying, might just tell them to cll a nn ambulaaaznc

Attached: Wheel.gif (372x372, 679K)

funy burd youtube.com/watch?v=U4nWj7Yhpos

Attached: wutwut.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

>Calling poison control instead of an ambulance even though you are t sure how much you took and are definitely feeling side-effects

Why are people like this... The paramedics would definitely have called for you. user you are experiencing a potentially life-threatening emergency, why are you delaying getting help for yourself... Do not sleep. Call for help

youtube.com/watch?v=cM98Vencdwo

Attached: 0c2511bda61ba69d34d9ebd1cca54c68_bird_3.jpg (648x432, 217K)

Did you not see the last statement? I said I was telling them to call an ambulance. If they can't, I'll call it myself

Attached: elGwJpL_d.jpg (640x681, 30K)

It's been 10 fucking minutes user calling an ambulance takes 2 seconds.

Fucking whatever. This is my fault for giving a fuck. Enjoy your potential stroke dipshit.

dude if its an overdose just let it play out. You will likely die but is your life so precious and good if you choose to abuse drugs to the point of potential overdose?

they're on the way, sorry for frustrating you.

Benzos, get them inside you although you're probably ok I've done a fucktonne of meth in one go and been totally ok. That is all.

Good.

You're gonna be fine, user. They're gonna ask you a bunch of question and most likely want you to not fall asleep. The fact that you've been able to stick with this thread for a good while is a good sign. Sorry for losing my patience with you, I regularly work with victims of OD and seeing the results of people who don't seek immediate medical attention is not pretty.

Please keep updating this post. I will stay with you for as long as I am able. I know the hospital can be lonely and scary.

I understand, and thank you for what you do. Jobs like yours are easily the least appreciated and one of the most important steps to recovery.

Also, my head is starting to clear up in terms of headaches and confusion. Still feel unrealistically light though. Right now it's mostly nausea and exhaustion as far as I can tell.

Attached: QcrsLg3.gif (610x457, 1.1M)

95% - it's a panic attack
5%- it's a heart attack and certain death

Are you at the hospital now user?

Yes I am. I'm getting hooked up to an IV now in the clinic before they move me to a bed.

I don't know if they will try to pump my stomach, considering it's been a day since ingestion, so I don't know what'll happen.

This is good to hear, user.

What did poison control say to you? The paramedics? You've done the right thing, so tomorrow when you're feeling better don't kick yourself saying you should've just stayed home. It's always better to get these things checked out.

Attached: 1067_-_Calm-512.png (512x512, 22K)

I am not a doctor
However, for most materials there's an LD50 - the dose 50% of the population (mice, pigs, sometimes humans) died after taking.
LD50s can be found on Material Safety Data Sheets. This is what most chem 1 students hear but usually forget imo.

As for symptoms of overdose if you have the suspicion that you took anywhere near ld50 amounts, call 911.

30 minutes from ambulance not there yet to being IV'd in the ER is awfully quick. Especially for a spooked kid who is still somehow happily typing on his phone.