Is Conan the peak of masculinity?

Is Conan the peak of masculinity?

Attached: 2ee52d0835243934689c1e8626ac2ee3.jpg (711x533, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKck8tIXIEU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think I'd say so. Firstly, it's archaic, the whole swords-and-sandals thing.

Secondly, and I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there's something "off" about his responsibility structure. You know? Maybe he's too inwardly-focused or something, but I have a feeling he'd have trouble in a more complex society.

And that's sad to say, since I'm a big fan.

Yes he is. He has the body of Superman and Goku all wrapped in one.

>swords and sandals

stop spewing buzzwords you dont know the meaning of, kid

If you mean pic related then yes
Heaviest shit out there

Attached: image_400x400.jpg (400x400, 41K)

You know what I mean. The conan movies I'd say popularized that genre.

The day someone can actually define masculinity objectively without resorting to macho bullshit, archaic social standarts or soya based neo-men norms, I will accept that masculinity is rigid.
That being said, no. Conan is the peak of what all warriors aspire to be. A blacksmith may be as masculine as Conan, but may never be able to relate.

>he'd have trouble in a more complex society.

>fought as a mercenary in various armies. didn't gave shit about politics. just liked fighting
>stole shit. didn't cared about others fee fees
>could easily kill, rape and dominate anyone
>crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
>>not masculine

What do you call macho bullshit?

You're going to get pissed off at me but being masculine is being able to lift 200lbs and still wear makeup because you look ridiculous doing it. It's being able to pee on anything you want. It's having a well trained dog, financial literacy, literacy in more than one language. It's being able to give head at least as well as lesbians can do, because come the fuck on. It's waking up every day of your life ever and going "wow I'm glad I'm not pregnant"

Attached: chOqcZ5.gif (240x320, 1.75M)

I guess he'd be a dimension of masculinity, but it would be in a similar way that hardcore prisoners are masculine too. Again, the responsibility dynamic is "off" and that's part of masculinity too.

In fact, I actually would imagine him landing in jail very quickly for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

When woman would see how alpha and dominant he is they would want him to rape the shit out of them

Same thing is true for some women even now, where they fall for life-incarcerated prisoners. But these folks would never create anything new, run their own company, or anything like that. Hell even a high-school kid that can hold down a part-time job shows more masculinity than some of these jokers.

It's pointless to argue that masculine is only "ruggedness", because it's not true.

You're right about that but conan it's not only that, you Just described all the guys he fights

I dont like dogs
Somehow this coment os not original,seems im not the only one

There are masculine cats, but even the manliest of men do at least one thing that they consider gay af, or not manly at all, like putting essential oils to their axes

My opinion, it's hard to say. Conan is a guy that steals some expensive shit, flogs it, gets drunk with the money and punches a camel out. I hate to say it but the phrase "You may be a redneck if..." fits pretty well here.

Not saying that rednecks don't have masculine traits, but there's also some big downsides there too.

Would a modern-day conan be buying scratch offs, living in a trailer, voting Trump and collecting guns? Hard to say.

Attached: foxworthy.png (500x522, 103K)

Or maybe he's the glum ex-military uncle who never married, collects guns, who you're pretty sure has seen some shit that he doesn't talk about to anyone, and now does "overseas private security" gigs.

Have you at least watched the movies?

Conan does shit like that either because he wants to or it's how he makes a living in his savage world, but he is smart, he learns from all his adventures making him more badass with time, he fights for what he believes, and ends up being a great king

You really belive that's all manlynes is about? Get drunk and do stupid shit with no reason? That's only how Men have fun

There's different flavours of masculine. Conan is like the classic macho man warrior type of guy. Then you have like the old school gentleman archetypes (note that if you're going for the gentleman type thing you have to be able to back it up with strength, else you're a FUCKEN POOFTA)

Attached: Consider the following.gif (500x281, 459K)

so if you're weak you can't be masculine?

Book Conan is lean not big buff, so better then movie/comic Conan. It was writen by a robot.

If you don't seek to get stronger you can't be masculine

It's the same with diferent background, if you watch jjba you should know that already

is this pasta from r/feminism?
>It's being able to give head at least as well as lesbians can do
lmao, going down on a woman is the most beta thing on earth
> It's waking up every day of your life ever and going "wow I'm glad I'm not pregnant"
i thank the good lord every day i'm not a woman, what an awful thing to be

Thinking that being a man is about muscle, uncalled for aggressivity, bottling up feelings, submitting to the notion that real men work long hours and never complain, borderline suck their boss' dick and are tough tough tough tough. Basically the mentality of an actual baby boomer.

I think everyone is free to define their masculinity as they like. You can ve a tailor and still feel like a man, be sensitive and still feel like a real man because being a real man is not about strict and rigid stereotypes, it's about your base instinct as a man to be protective, driven, stoic and resilient. At least that's what it means to ME. You can have a different answer that fits who you are. What's bullshit is to force a way down everyone's throat because it is inevitably going to lead to rejection of anyonr who won't fit the mold and since criterias of masculinity change with history, it's retarded to assume that there is ONE and only way to be a man. Still, it doesn't mean certain criterias do not inherently feel masculine. For instance, yes, anyone can say Conan is manly as fuck and that violence is generally a masculine trait, but if Conan is the image of masculinity, then nobody is and ever will be a real man. That's what I mean. Boomers followed such a retarded idea of masculinity and just ended up being disturbed individuals that refused themselves the relief of accepting their fucking emotions, yet, they will fight tooth and nails to keep claiming they're real men.

He had to actually lose muscle mass for the role, a rare example. His muscles were too bulky to swing a sword or do any of the action right. There is such a thing as being "too big".

>Going down on a woman is beta
I don't even know how to respond to that retardation. What's beta is submitting to your girl's desires ONLY and accept being denied your own. If everyone gets their fill, you shouldn't fucking worry about being seen as a beta. Jesus Christ you sound insecure. It's like you're saying having fun in bed is bad. Why shouldn't you go down if she's willing to suck your dick? Grow the fuck up. You're the one who sounds like some pussy beta trying to cope by saying "ha...haha I'm a real man cuz pleasuring a woman is for PUSSIES am I right? I'm not a bitch I care only about my pleasure PUT THE BITCH IN HER PLACE! Right guys? Guys? I'm a real traditional man am I?"

Aon, you are a manly man, have fun with this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKck8tIXIEU

One thing is being buffed but if the muscle is built solid and strong it can get as big as you want, but it never gets too big that way

\m/

Fuck yeah. Check out the new Primitive Man split.