Is it too late to go back? This isn't how my life was supposed to be

Is it too late to go back? This isn't how my life was supposed to be.

Attached: 1530689619339.png (1069x2388, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBeivizzsPc
youtube.com/watch?v=zqVZZ3nH8xM
youtube.com/watch?v=GlZtuYKVuf0
youtube.com/watch?v=cE6wxDqdOV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel like we're due a silent mass suicide of late 80s/early 90s kids who failed at life.

I always think about how to go back in time. It is only one realistic option to make life better.

It's not fair. I wasn't ready. I didn't know life had started yet. I want a re-do.

Attached: 1478299511897.jpg (629x505, 33K)

How did everyone else manage to do it?

Attached: 288CAD94-1426-4ADF-A1EA-ADDC0844A4BE.jpg (337x372, 30K)

I wish it wasn't. So many things Id change. So many things I want to enjoy again.
>Never get to get off the bus from school, come home and enjoy a snack before playin some vidya and enjoyin a home cooked meal from your mom and watchin tv with dad and bros
Alas no more, just pain
If only we could all go home
youtube.com/watch?v=HBeivizzsPc
What do you think the high suicide rates among white men is? Its not jut literal boomers, it xers and millenials too. No future, cant go back to the past, and the present is pure shit for so many of us

Attached: 1536291061665.png (474x473, 20K)

Bruh just kys.
It resets the game!

Attached: 1537938999867.jpg (700x881, 119K)

You can't help but ruin a thread can you?

Fuck you, there is no resetting this shit world, and even if you did, youd make the same mistakes and youd wind up in the same shit sandwich you are now

Attached: 1534902533063.jpg (600x600, 63K)

How did I ruin the thread?
If youre referring to the white male comment, I was stating a fact. Our suicide rates are high. Higher than others.

why would you want to go back? soon human level ai will be born and gain consciousness and sentience, and we will enter a whole new world of robot dystopia

>Higher than others
Not indigenous Americans.

why is life so fucking depressing. where did it all go so wrong?

Attached: 27e.png (593x635, 210K)

>Indigenous
user first off, "native" americans crossed a land bridge to get here. Secondly theres been evidence that Europeans and Chinese were here before them
Secondly yeah its gonna be fuckin high for them too, things are shit for them too.

>Put secondly twice
Well shit

Attached: 1536289103962.jpg (968x928, 445K)

>Where did I go wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=zqVZZ3nH8xM

Anons, if you could go back, how much would you change? Or do you just want to do it all over again?

Attached: 1536168879231.jpg (900x900, 90K)

I know this sounds stupid, but at 26 I realized all my goals are fake and created from social pressure. I am a stupid ape and I enjoy stupid things like taking a shower and breathing fresh air and eating blueberries. Goals and relationships and family and friends and vidya and anime and fapping and everything else. Pointless.

I don't think this will help anyone but I broke down earlier this year. I got fired, I developed weekly migraines, I got kicked out of my parents, then let back in. I changed a lot. Most things I 'had' have died, have exited my body.

redpilled as fuck. its the simple things in life, the small enjoyments, that are most important

You see what you did you cunt?

You ruined the thread because you want to be chad's cockwarmer.

What? Are Europeans not indigenous to Europe just because their ancestors tens or hundreds of thousands of years before walked there from elsewhere? Kinda lame to make a quasi-political statement concerning semantics in reply to a post about people taking their lives.

Yes user, there is no such thing as an actual indigenous people for the most part if you don't go by an individual's place of birth

fuck, boys. everything feels so fake and pointless now. was the world always like this?

Attached: 1507428897054.jpg (490x287, 21K)

I would take more risks and opportunities instead of doing nothing.

It's best not to think about it too much then.

We fucked up somewhere user, things shouldnt be this shit

Attached: 1535476512680.png (439x500, 346K)

This I never did anything and always acted like I had all the time in the world and eventually things would just "click" on their own. So many opportunities and so much time lost before I even realized how valuable it was.

agree user
my favourite thing in the world is the feeling of sun on my skin followed by a cool breeze

It's hard to say what this feeling is, but cars are a good metaphor. In the 90s they were smaller and simpler and didn't have a bunch of gaudy chrome and computers. Now they all look bloated and busy like they need to prove something by adding more useless junk.

Attached: 1526239251196.jpg (841x898, 132K)

I will live with knowledge that I should not take my parents and school seriously, that women are for fug and not hug, that I can do not less but more than others.

Man this is like the universal mantra of regret. Should have done this, should have done that.....

>tfw this post explains why boomers prefer old shit, they miss life being simpler
Im gonna become a boomer

>TFW Bruce Springsteen have started to become relevant to me
I didnt ask for this feel

Attached: 1536278619717.png (551x519, 200K)

yes, it was always like this. When we were younger, we just didnt have the experience to see it this way.

Attached: 1538267370404.png (218x232, 7K)

yea it's sad how life has turned out to be atm i don't know i kinda self-isolated myself when i realised so called friends are not really ones friends but maybe that was the wrong thing to do maybe everything would be easier if i still forced myself to be with those "friends" but they did make me quite suicidal so yeah Life is just sadly shit.

>used to have the best buddies in the world in high school
>we went out almost every night driving around town and getting into amazing adventures
>people were practically lining up to hang out with us, was finally cool and accepted for once in my life
>get to college, lose contact with my friends over petty squabbles
>coast around, but can't really relate to anyone there; they all seemed so superficial and shallow compared to my high school friends
>graduate without any friends, go to soul-crushing job while still living with my parents

Oh well

I'd just kill myself and avoid all this lel

I've looked back way too much, and it was mostly alongside you guys during those years. Dunno what happened, but something clicked in me when I saw my mom stumbled down a few steps on the staircase. The way she looked very helpless, and almost on the verge of tears made me realize how much I've been taking my life for granted. After helping her get up, I hugged her in silence, and promised myself that I would want my mother to be proud of her son. So I got my ass off and just studied as hard as I could. I got into smoking and drugs, but I was able to graduate, and it was totally worth it imo seeing her happy smile when I received that diploma. These days I try to make her life as comfortable as I can help it to be by giving 20% of my pay to her.

As for your question, OP, it is too late to go back. But, maybe, it's never too late to go forward.

I'm 31. That means during the good time of 1998 to 2006 I was 11-19 the perfect age to experience it.

If you are not around my age you can fuck off

I wasn't ready for that image opee

no you old fuck, leave our website.

How did you fix yourself i don't want to my kind innocent mom to suffer from my own mental health issues, failures and inadequacies.

It's fucked up how much that picture resembles my life
>decade ago
>me and 4 friends all lived together
>we were all working terrible jobs and going to school and the house we lived in was a dump in a shithole neighborhood (two of our neighbors were on the sex offender registry and we had to scare off niggers and meth heads trying to steal shit multiple times)
>we lived together for 3 years, then one by one we started to go our separate ways as we graduated and got "real" jobs in different cities and gfs/wives then kids (that last part obviously doesn't apply to me)
>the years we lived together were the happiest, best years of my life
>I have a hard time meeting people and making friends so that was really the only time in my life I wasn't always lonely and had a social life and felt accepted by others
>one on one or in a group I always enjoyed being around them, never felt excluded or like they didn't want me around or that we had nothing in common
>they forced me out of my comfort zone and didn't let me be a recluse sitting in front of a screen all day, though that didn't stick once we stopped living together
>tried having roommates since then but they have all sucked dick so I just live alone now since I can afford my own place, would happily live with any of them again if they needed a roommate but I doubt that happens
>when I'm fortunate enough to see them it feels like old times and they treat me just as good as back then, but I'm lucky to see them once or twice a year nowadays (we all live at least a couple hours apart)
>worried that eventually I will lose contact with them entirely as they make new friends and are too busy with their families to see that guy they used to live with

Attached: sad_boomer.png (380x349, 81K)

How old are you then? If you are seriously alot younger I have no idea why you are talking about this topic if you were born into an iPhone social media era

Can not believe the time have pass so far on 4 Chan sometime i wish i here when the good old days it suck to be a newfag and only know about 4 chan at the of my middle school year

Attached: 00.jpg (282x179, 16K)

I'd start back at 2011

I've adopted a new "No Whining" rule. While I was trying to quit drinking energy drinks I noticed I would wallow in self-pity and start telling myself a sob story each time before I gave in, then I realized it applies to every aspect of life.

If bad stuff happens to let it get to you. Just grin and bear it and it won't be so bad. In the words of Hamlet "Nothing is either good or bad thinking makes it so."

So if you keep thinking about how much better things used to be you'll never be happy. When the truth is years from now you'll wish you were where you are now.

Attached: No Whining 2x.gif (1200x1200, 30K)

Like I said, I don't really know how I got to where I am right now, it's certainly not intelligence or talent, which I'm pretty sure I lack. The hard part was getting to university. You see, I was a highschool dropout due to an accident on my senior year. Some nigger ran me over when I was biking. 4 years later of doing nothing but shitposting with you guys, I decided to get my ass off after:

That took a year of adult highschooling. When I got my GED, I went to community college for at least 3 ~ 4 years. My grades were okay, not really stellar, but that was enough to qualify me an entry to some shitty state university, including financial aid. Another 4 years of university, taking up smoking and drugs, abusing the fuck out of adderall, and constantly reminding myself that my mom is getting OLD, AND THAT SHE WILL DIE WITH A FAILURE FOR A SON, was got me motivated, I guess.

It was a long journey, and I got my bachelor's of Comp Eng. at fucking 30. Oh, I had to force myself to make friends with reddit-niggers. Enduring their faggotry while maintaining a position in their faggot-filled social circle guaranteed me a job straight out of college. I guess, to answer your question, the 'fix' came in three parts, high tolerance for bullshit happening to your life, fucking PATIENCE, and the iron will necessary to pretend that I was a normalfaggot.

nothing I will rebuild myself somehow, I if i didn't think I could I should have killed myself by now

Nice comeback story man i'm in a similar situation i'm way behind in educational success for my age but i will make it in some way i guess.

longing for a gf was a mistake.

It finacially destroyed me and took my alcoholism and drug abuse further than anything. If something would have changed it would be the way i was raised. Not to be a fucking pussy and dont start drinking.

In general i feel like i should kms, but too much of a pussy, im a fucking failure.

Holy shit your pic is me...I'm sad

Thanks. I wish the best of luck for all of you guys.

I'd say we could all form a group and be friends with each other...
But you know for some reason we don't even want to be each other's friends. Wtf is wrong with us?

>tfw I earn money now and if I could, I'd gladly move back to live with my mom so she could cook and clean for me (ofcourse I'd pay for rent and food) and I wouldn't have to worry about anything just do my job, come home and play vidya.

I'm close to 30 now.

Its been so long sine I had real friends that this only makes me miss my internet friends, who I also lost when I spent a few years detoxing from mmorpgs.

How to make real internet gaming friends again in your 30s?

Fuck dude, if you went back to 18 year old me and told me how my life was right now I'd never in a million years be able to believe you. So much changed so fast, I've nearly died like 3 times and nearly been to prison twice, what the fuck happened to me I don't know if I would have been happier if I took a different approach to life but everyone seems to be leading such stable successful lives and I'm still trying to get my shit together and control this trainwreck.

I don't know where to go from here, I think this is all gonna come to a crashing end.

>tfw I still listen and watch old Wow PVP movies and songs back from 2005, back when I was 14

Sometimes I think about asking people here if they just want to exchange numbers so we have people to add to our contact lists and text message in public and make it seem like we have friends. But realistically anybody I'd meet here would be just as awkward as I am and it would be really uncomfortable for us both and we'd just stop talking after a week.

>tfw spending every night eating snacks and watching no commentary playthroughs of old games I used to play when I was a carefree kid

Attached: 1445098567518.png (459x498, 269K)

where did it all go so horribly wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=GlZtuYKVuf0

>where did it all go so horribly wrong
Conception.

How would you know if you haven't attempted this many, many times before?

Question and please be honest.
Has anyone here tried to improve a bit? Did you put some effort in making your life a bit better or you just self loathe and try to keep other people down at the same time?

I tried to improve. I did improve, actually.
Thought getting Jow Forums would help my confidence, it doesn't.
Started going to more social activities.
In the end, all this shit just came crashing down. It's all so tiresome, keep getting kicked into the fucking ground with every little climb I try to make.
So at this point I've given up on trying.
Life is not a movie, improving yourself does not magically change your life. Some people were destined to be miserable

>kicked into the fucking ground with every little climb I try
give me concrete examples. I got kicked into the ground plenty of times but I never gave up anyway.

Just wait until you're a little older, you'll give up after enough years, trust me.

Felt really fucking dated when someone told me halo3 came out in 07 and is over ten years old now. I'm thankful for the good times I had I wish I could go back sometimes. Back to our cabin in the woods we spent many summers fixing up and playing in. Back to when I was 17 camping on white rock mountain watching the sun rise. Back to when I didn't have to erry about bills or working all summer.

didnt the dalai lama say something about this too

no user we cant go back, we have to make better with what we have left. please i beg of you to leave the past and focus on the future

I wouldn't change much maybe just tell myself not to work my life away at a dead end job for literally no reason. Tell myself that Bri liked me back and to start my career sooner rather than working and getting nowhere for 4 years

I don't want to do it at a

Starting from the first day of college (dropped out a few years ago, lost momentum, and its too hard to do it now with a full time job) would be good enough.
Starting when I turned 10 would be ideal.

If you think it would be better going back, sorry. All this means is fucking up again
I'm more optmistic now. Before I'd wake up and think
>aww shit, another day
Now I'm optimistic. When I wake up I think
>It's getting closer. Won't be long now.

You had a cabin ? TF?

If your not a normie by your mid twenties, it's over.

You're*

Oregano

Thread theme for me:
youtube.com/watch?v=cE6wxDqdOV0

Somehow it's kinda nostalgic, even if the video is kinda cheesy / normie, but still, what could've been.

I'm better than I've been in months right now, quit drinking, started exercising, eat more fruits and veggies
but it didn't magically make me enjoy life

Started running seriously for months, all time best shape of my life + precise calorie counting each day. Started going to running clubs too. Nothing changed. Haven't made a single friend just a few people who I say hi to, when I attend to these clubs. When I stopped going and stopped running because of depression, nobody asked where I've been.

Sure, theoretically you can improve yourself endlessly, but if noone gives a shit, what's the point?

Found an old cabin on the edge of my friends property was about the size of a large shed. Two bunk beds a bench that doubled as a bed a little wood stove two windows and a door. Was nestled in a patch of pine forest next to a river. The river had a bit of rapids that was almost a water fall. The sound of running water and crickets would lull you to sleep. It was peaceful it was our spot we damed up the river in front of our cabin we had dubbed the red barn because it was painted red. Ended up making a nice little swimming hole to hang out in when it was hot. Best time camping there was late fall went to bed wood stove keeping us nice and warm. Woke up to take a piss and was greeted with a blanket of untouched snow dappled sunlight shining through the trees it was beautiful.

similar experience over here, but I'm in my last year of college and I still see my friends frequently, we are just very different people now.

I tried before but I have very shit willpower so my effort always broke down after a couple weeks. I think it's honestly too late now.

All that willpower is spent keeping yourself dabs and alive

Guess so. I honestly hadn't had conscious suicidal thoughts until this year. I feel like I'm being held together by very ragged threads and it's all going to come crashing down very soon.

>tfw you fuck are born with endless opportunity and fuck it all up and kill yourself
>you're reborn with no memory of the first time and have to suffer it all again forever
Are we
Are we in Hell already?