Were memes a mistake bant?

Attached: m00t.png (537x416, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Were

We're

Not anymore

Attached: D377AC8F-B57C-4EE7-8493-8BF936AD6721.jpg (1136x513, 326K)

Like anything, eventually a good thing will get too much exposure, leading to it being rehashed over and over until it sucks. It happened with rage comics and other 00’s/early 10’s memes. They were literally hot topic shit and then Filthy Frank arrived and ushered in the new era of
>lol depression
>overly offensive
>existential shit
By this point, Frank is done, a fitting analogy to the style he innovated. We’re in the exact same place as where we were in 2013/2014. We need a new innovator

W’ere

Jow Forums.org/faq#meme
>Their continued [mis]use will bring about the destruction of the universe.
moot was wise beyond his years.
u r an faggot.

yes, they are tailor made for bleating children with no personality

the reason any of it's funny is because you've been conditioned to think it is. there's no reason to see a picture of a mudkip and laugh, it's a learned response 90% of the time and is completely empty of any real merit. memes are funny because memes are meant to be funny.

moot predicted this

Attached: 1504560283443.jpg (335x250, 35K)

I’m just stating the facts. Rage comics and other old shit WAS classic, but by 2012 the last of the emofags and middleschoolers were wearing troll face and challenge accepted shirts. It was around then that FF called for a meme genocide, which lead to his style of memes becoming the norm. It reaches it’s apex in 2016, now it’s trash since there’s almost nothing people can actually complain about like 2 years ago. Even Frank’s own content started to suffer, which is probably why he quit. We need a new innovator or else we’ll be stuck with middleschoolers yelling “DO U NO DE WEY LOL XD” forever

>Rage comics and other old shit WAS classic
until reddit got to it

Nigger, do you browse any website besides this shitpile? Jow Forums has the creativity of a chinese factory worker.
FYAD at least had some variety and humour, Jow Forums memes just followed the formula.

That’s basically what I’m saying. Eventually reddit gets it’s grubby mits on memes, kills it, and parades it’s corpse around for months all in the name of internet points. We need a new style to break away from the style reddit has made mainstream and lifeless.

Attached: 1523087559504.jpg (610x607, 160K)

there's other big factors to consider in why everything went wrong. facebook and the popularity of social media caused an entire demographic shift by making the internet accessible to people who would never have otherwise used it much

also that monetary element wasn't there, flash games were free but indy games weren't. advertising used to be pointless because neckbeards wouldn't buy anything. the internet's target audience is different now. i'm unashamedly butthurt about it.

>weren't
aren't

I honestly try not to. I have the strongest distaste for
>le reddit boogeyman xd
So I bum around here because you don’t see too much of it. I can’t stand people who do nothing but go “lol MEMES GUYS AMIRITE SMASH MOUTH IM SO DEPRESSED,” as they epitomize reddit, the tumblr for fat faggots who think they’re a comedic genius for stealing jokes from funny intertube pictures. I’d rather bum around a cesspool of misery than deal with insufferable screechers who, despite their “lol wacky depression” front, are uninteresting and bland. At least the misery pit is real, this fucking Reddit disease has to take everything good and obsess over it and say “I’M SO COOL AND DIFFERENT” until they fuck it up.
>inb4 lol seething much?

>I try not to
>I TRY NOT TO
I'm not even going to try to discuss this, any attempts at logical debate is futile when you open up with such a line.

Attached: El Homo_Disgust.jpg (185x273, 12K)

Why

I post my favorite Mark Zuckerberg quotes on my Jow Forums wall too ;)

Attached: 1508098228845.jpg (400x315, 47K)

Attached: 1493879286870.jpg (640x640, 36K)

We're memes, A mistake.

yes

The cringe is strong in this post

Coalescing all memes into a single canon of "meme culture" was a mistake, yes. Memes come and go, they aren't all a cultural commodity that belongs to the internet at large.

This kind of thinking, where it completely removes any kind of sub-culture where a meme may come from from the mix, is why reddit-lead "meme culture" is stuck in a loop where it can only be based on a few pre-existing formats, usually being some form of "things I like/don't like," relatable memes, memes that simply reference something else, or incomprehensible ironic memes.

Attached: .jpg (442x640, 131K)

This is fake

to an extent