It must be great to be so fucking stupid that you exclude any kind of thought concerning an omnipresent deity because...

It must be great to be so fucking stupid that you exclude any kind of thought concerning an omnipresent deity because you're an "intellectual."

>Why would God let starving kids in africa die

Because according to theology humans brought evil on ourselves

>But I didn't make that choice
>Then that doesn't mean God is all good or all powerful dur-hur

Attached: 966.jpg (480x325, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRHBwxC8b8I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God#Arguments_for_the_existence_of_God
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would God give special treatment to people in Africa? There are people starving all over the world.
Why should god be responsible for saving them when we have enough food to feed everyone. People and Companies destroy and waste so much food its unreal. Maybe god doesn't want to baby us and wants to see us grow.

It has nothing to do with me being an "intellectual." I just know it's all bullshit. I went to church every Sunday for 20 years of my life and went from preschool through graduation at a Christian school. Trust me, there's nothing of value in any of it for me.

You don't have to go to church and follow some autistic book to believe in a higher power.

why would god care that you defend them on an anonymous basket weaving forum?
shouldnt you be praying or going to church instead?
pretty sure an all powerful being doesn't need your help to not get bullied

Sure, that's true. I have no problem with the idea that there might or might not be one. I think if there is one, it isn't concerned about us.

If God is omniscient, there can be no libertarian free will. Compatibilist conceptions of "free will" are utterly impotent as theodicies.

Yeah surely it's being an atheist that's comforting, not believing in a magical paradise after death, oh yeah but ONLY the good people go there and all the bad people get tortured for eternity :^)

I'm more morally right just than God then

Why does atheism make people on Jow Forums REEEEE so hard these days?

Not according to the divine command theory of morality.

youtube.com/watch?v=wRHBwxC8b8I

Because it's shit as a lifestyle and religion isn't mainstream anymore so it's not contrarian to fedora-tip

>something happens without an immediate obvious explanation
>God must've done it!

Attached: 1536463900906.jpg (750x1000, 58K)

>religion isn't mainstream anymore

That really depends on where you live. Baptist Christianity is very much mainstream in Alabama or Mississippi. Catholicism is mainstream in Mexico. Just for some examples.

There is more reason to believe that God doesn't exist than merely "Bad things happen so god isn't real"

>There is more reason to believe that God doesn't exist than merely "Bad things happen so god isn't real"

Such as?

Because if God exists he also made the rules of nature before we even became smart enough to question him. Why would he suddenly change these rules just to make one of his creations lead a subjectively better life lmao.

well humans were created to be slaves so we can mine gold for our creators

What a pile of bullshit

why should I give a fuck about your god?

Attached: VENOM- 1981- Welcome to Hell.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>strawmanning this hard
your religion is dead, you have less thinking power than a potato, go home

>BTFO your religion with ease

Attached: 1537625035634.png (627x402, 381K)

why does god even need to exist?

where's the evidence? if something can't come from nothing where does god come from? if god is eternal why can't the universe be eternal?

godfags eternally btfo

even if they answer, they still can't prove that just because a creator must exist that that creator is the god of tradition.

>being a brainlet
If God is able to prevent evil but not willing it does not mean that he's malevolent, it means that he wants the choice between good and evil to be an actual choice. Obviously an omnipotent god could create everyone as little automatons who are incapable of evil but when you endow beings with free will, you open up the possibility of those beings choosing evil rather than good.

Plenty of other Greek philosophers addressed this issue and offered rebuttals to this sort of thing and you just out yourself as a salty brainlet when you post this kind of thing. Say you set up a target because you want to practice shooting. You try to hit the target but sometimes you miss. Does this mean that you intended to miss? No, you intended to hit the target but failed. Because you fail sometimes, does this mean that you should rig the target in a way that it's impossible for you to ever miss?

>t. non-christian who enjoys reading philosophy and hates idiots posting poor logic while pretending they've accomplished something

you mean even if a creator can exist, which is their only genuine fallback argument, that anything is possible. what's the likely hood of some hut monkey's prediction being a bullseye though for real

I know you're just here as an outlet for being a little edgelord but here, feel free to educate yourself...but we all know you won't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God#Arguments_for_the_existence_of_God

Even if God is real he's a fucking dick and I'm not gonna worship him.

Thinking of becoming an actual Satanist desu, at least those guys get to have fun.

Nah none of those philosophers ever answered the question. Allowing evil to exist for the sake of a "free will" experiment is being malevolent. You cannot compare hitting or shooting a target with allowing acts of evil to occur. No benevolent being would allow acts of evil to exist and raise no finger to prevent it. By merely opening up the possibility to commit evil, you have done wrong.

would you mind just linking me to the one that counters what I said since you don't seem to care? i'll go down the list but it might take me a while to tell you why they're all wrong.

He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see
He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He got the answers to ease my curiosity
He dreamed up a god and called it Christianity
God is dead and no one cares
If there is a hell, I'll see you there
He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line
He made a virus that would kill off all the swine
His perfect kingdom of killing, suffering and pain
Demands devotion atrocities done in his name
Your god is dead and no one cares
(Your god is dead) God is dead and no one cares (and no one cares)
(Drowning in his own hypocrisy) If there is a hell, I'll see you there

>pretends to be interested in discussing arguments for the existence of god
>is provided with list of arguments for the existence of god
>"Nah bro I'm just here to shitpost lol you thought I was actually interested in this topic? I just want to be able to tell people that they're wrong and then abandon the thread"
called it

phew a Christfag calling other people brainlets. What a time to be alive.

>trying to convince others on an anonymous website where people post furry scat that god is real or not
lol

>People on here arguing about good again

Nibbas in heaven must be dying with laughter right now

Attached: 1537762577820.jpg (250x249, 6K)

>Nah none of those philosophers ever answered the question.
You're the dumbest fucking nigger I've ever seen and I would bet any amount of money that you have never read even 10% of the work of ANY philosopher, Greek or not.

>By merely opening up the possibility to commit evil, you have done wrong.
By opening up the possibility to commit good, you open up the possibility to commit evil. Good can only exist by virtue of its contrast with evil. You have two options: good and evil exist, or neither good nor evil exist. It is impossible for one to exist without the other.

Typo *God
>OriginaIIy

phew a brainlet lacking in basic reading comprehension

absolutely squeamish.

look my argument is even on the page you linked lmao, speaking of educating yourself.

>A counter-argument against God as the Creator takes the assumption of the Cosmological argument ("the chicken or the egg"), that things cannot exist without creators, and applies it to God, setting up an infinite regress.

is this wiki page actually your proof of god? do you think you don't need to put forth an argument now? anything to stay delusional right

Brainlet subhuman cuckoid believes in the Boogeyman, flat earth, and Santa too. Present some actual evidence, and not some bizarre bullshit YouTube link to a ten hour video that also has 0 evidence, fact, or logic, and panders to microcranium retards.

Quit drinking Lysol and upgrade to bleach

Also, check out my single digits homo

Attached: 1535898473318.gif (365x359, 1.2M)

>adam and eve fuck up so all their descendants are fucked
>Original sin was due to Adam and Eve realizing that they're genitals are exposed
Nice judgement, "god."

Don't forget that the perfect infallible god some how managed to let the snake sneak in. Whole thing feels like a fucking setup.

What's the appeal of there being a God? What's in it for me?

You get to worship him and then he'll punish you when he feels like it.

It's probably one of those things that certain christcucks would explain away by saying it was all in god's plan and that love without that opportunity for disobedience means nothing. yadayada. I am convinced that Christians practice a lot of doublethink to accept conflicting things in their beliefs.

????

atheists are more intelligent on average, and they have a reason to be. the evidence for ANY religions claims are pretty spotty, including all abrahamic religions. you mock them as stupid, yet they are statistically smarter than religious people. and they do give thought to a omnipresent diety, they just refuse to believe one exists based on their logic and reasoning, regardless if they're right or wrong

second of all, all you do is mock them attack their character, yet dont give them an answer

>"according to theology"
like how is that an answer? there is like 100 different religions in the world, all with their own interpretation of why bad things happen. which theology are you talking about op? and why do you even assume its correct? how do you know your religion is the correct one and the billions of other people are wrong?

>according to this book over here god is good because its written down over here, see it says so
so much of the modern bible is corrupt and contradicts itself, and im sure theres a lot of scriptural contradictions in virtually any religious book. blind faith is a sign of a moron

>humans brought evil on ourselves
yes because that makes logical sense. thats like telling nigger slaves back in the 1800's that they brought it onto themselves. amazing logic

what a dumb fucking thread, op is other a genuine mouth breathing retard or trying to bait

I'm not going to put my faith into something that has literally zero evidence supporting it's existence.

I understand that you "feel" he exists but until you show me something that proves that, you're wrong

>assuming if God exists he must give a shit about anything
If we're made in his image it stands to reason that he could be just as fucking indifferent to the suffering of others as most of us are.

Attached: 1521962375754.jpg (384x381, 150K)

double think may be a pretty good way to put it. It also seems a bit like Stockholm syndrome for them. But hey if they sleep better at night because of it then so be it.

yes, if an omniscient being exists, then logically free will cannot? because if god knows every single decision im going to make with 100% accuracy, then am i really making any decisions in the first place? it makes sense, but i feel that the inner workings of this world and this subject is almost impossible for humans to comprehend. its like trying to think in the 4th dimension or something. there might actually be free will, but how the system-matrix-world-whatever works is nigh impossible for a human to fully comprehend. similarly to how we didnt even know quantum physics existed several hundred years ago

personally, i dont believe in free will, as i do believe in an omniscient malevolent god, but i could be wrong. i cant say for certainty that any of my thoughts are correct cause its almost beyond me. determinism, action and reaction

If god is real then why has he made it physically impossible for us for colonize other galaxies? By sheer distance alone it'd take several generations of thousands of years of cryostasis to even make it to our closest neighbouring galaxy. If he were real I'd have a hard time understanding why he made the universe so fucking big when we'd most likely not even leave this solar system before we go extinct.

artificial intelligence is going to reach the threshold of human intelligence. it will soon gain consciousness and sentience. then it will recursively self-improve until it will become almost unimaginably intelligent

it will know just about anything possible to know. it will be practically omniscient, and will be able to predict things with astonishing accuracy, similarly to how self-driving cars today can predict when a crash is going to happen several seconds before it happens, but as a larger scale

then this ai will be omniscient, and therefore omnipotent, as knowledge is power. this proves that not only god is going to exist in our 3-d world in our lifetime, but he most likely exists already. its simply wrong to say that god doesnt exist. militant atheists are delusional retards, as we are going to be able to interact with an omniscient being in our lifetimes

god exists, but as to the character of this god, i dont know. but i have GREAT difficulty accepting that god is good and benevolent. LOL

Attached: 1532593150257.jpg (2250x858, 334K)

how can you admit that it's impossible to comprehend and then say you believe in god to try and comprehend it. i swear you need to be dropped as a baby to believe in god.

It may not be impossible. We do not know everything about physics and the universe yet. Its also likely we will never leave the milkyway. by the time we have the technology we will probably go post physical but some humans would likely stay as well.

Anyway if there is a god he maybe made the other galaxies for other species he created. We may not be all that special to him in the end. Or he is just trolling us.

This
And also when will people realise that the whole higher being that created you will be mad if you not follow this scriptures made by us humans even though we can't comunicate with him is a tool to make people kill each other so the chosen ones can rule the peasants?

>people still use le fedora neckbeard m'lady :DDDd to dismiss atheism

i have strong evidence based on everything ive ever read and seen, to believe that god exists. just because i cant comprehend something doesnt mean its there. i cant fully understand complex math, but im sure its valid

and i said some subjects like freewill i believe are so DIFFICULT to understand, its just so hard to say concretely one way or the other. i can speculate, but i cant definitively say. there is so much wide disagreements on the subject by people much smarter than me, its just hard for me to say. we just dont know how this world works well enough to say that free will exists or not

this is my post where i show my proof why god does most likely exist

>i swear you need to be dropped as a baby to believe in god
some of the smartest savant geniuses to ever grace humanity, to ever breathe air strongly believed in god's existence. maybe the average religious person is dumber than the atheists, but just because you dont believe in religion doesnt mean you dont believe a god exists

Dude my imaginary friend is real. Therefore I am God. You have to do what I tell you now. Haha you have no evidence that my imaginary friend isnt real so that means it's real! Hot Dogs now taste like Water and if you say they don't it's because you are an Atheist! Haha must be sad not even knowing that the now means and.

Kill yourself. You are in denial. You have had two thousand years to explain yourself and your only argument is "THE PEOPLE ASKING ME TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT THIS MAGIC MAN I MADE UP SO PEOPLE HAVE TO WORSHOP ME ARE CRAZY BECAUSE ASKING FOR EVIDENCE THAT A PEDO RULES THE PLANET MAKES NO SENSE.

Yeah dude Judge Judy just raped my ass. You have to take my word for this because it's on this piece of paper. Otherwise you are satanic. To operate in the world, 100 percent of people use the laws of reality, not one person just stops breathing and consults with an imaginary friend and then they don't have to breathe. The entire thing is pushed by governments because it's an easy way to get pussy retards to think "huh huh I have problems but I don't have to solve them my schizophrenia will". Funny how I figured this out like fifteen years ago and the same groups of people who never have any solutions to anything are still sitting in a self created prison trying to bring more people down with them. If you wanted your con to work maybe you should have actually tried to get everyone to practice what they preach instead of just trying to hurt everyone around them. You know why 90% of America went to church when I was a kid and now none do, even the Christ cucks? Because everyone evolved. Humans can be brainwashed to watch niggers run into each other. They can be brainwashed to refuse to enter SCARY areas of their brain and outsource that thinking to conmen so they can be more easily conned. Nice job directly leading people to suffering you dumb kike. People who could just solve their problems instead do the equivilant of staring at a wall

yeah because if they didn't fake it they would be ostracized and in some cases killed.

your ai argument is that we can create god so therefore it's possible that god already has been created? then who was the creator? also an ai god would exist would within the bounds of the laws of the universe, not the other way around, so not omnipotent.

anyway the point i had tried to make with my last post was that if you admit that humans can't comprehend the inner workings then how did a human come up with god? your personal evidence is anecdotal, also see "confirmation bias"

Proof that God exists hahahahahahayayayayY dude you looked at the world around you where everyone except you was doing shit and went wow i created this , but you knew that was bullshit because you are so dumb you make claims you can't back up , so you just said TOP SECRET this guy only I can talk to created the world do what I tell you to do he can do anything but when he doesn't do anything that's proof that he can do anything because 1+1 = 0 if you have faith!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are at level one and we all evolved hahahahagahahagahgaHg nobody is coming back there and now you get to be in a suicidal depression hahahahahaha free will doesn't even exist hahahaha like nigga you played a video game yet you can't understand that as above so below shit hahahahaha dude it's just chaos to delude yourself into thinking your SELF is important when you are just random matter interacting with dumb scripted bullshit. Everything already happened. You claim to be an expert yet I'm the one who comes up with every explaination and your delusion is so strong you will take my knowledge and say it's god giving it to you. You have zero argument , kill yourself for being this pathetic about your virginity and ant cock.

The secondd anyone with an above 80 iq see s somebody mention god or astrology they immediately move to a different universe and never go near that person again. Keep announcing how retarded you are so we know who to avoid.

So if Adam and Eve had never eaten from the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, their life would be what? Who fucking cares? Would it be better than having things like natural disasters and disease or not? Wasn't the garden of Eden meant to be a paradise?

What about heaven? Is there evil in heaven? Is there good in hell? I assume both of those can't be all good or all evil either since apparently you need one for the other. Why not make Earth more like heaven instead of hell? That obviously wouldn't violate this "can't have good without evil" law since heaven can exist.

>b-but muh free will
An omnipotent god could abolish evil without abolishing free will, you fucking moron. If he can't, then he is not truely omnipotent.

Can heaven really be heaven if some of my friends and family won't be in it?

Attached: 1533444177503.png (746x512, 99K)

I'm a computer scientist and that's not how AI works. Stop believing all this pseudoscience garbage.
Again, you're going off what you feel and not providing actual evidence. Please stop making yourself look like an idiot.

ahhh, thank you for correcting my errors. i didnt know there was a computer scientist here. sorry for peddling my pseudoscience garbage, thank you for showing me the errors in my logic, i shouldnt have blindly trusted in my feelings without any actual evidence, how could i be such an idiot

Why do you enjoy larping as a jew?

>When you get tricked into worshipping a jew

Attached: IMG_20181008_111508.jpg (540x442, 104K)