What are the cons of true solitude, or just not having a relationship?

What are the cons of true solitude, or just not having a relationship?

Attached: 1530826285133.jpg (415x415, 16K)

>true solitude

An eternal nightmare of never-ending loneliness. No one to call, no one to relate to. Eventually your mind looses sharpness, your social skills plummet. People become foreign to you and you can no longer relate to them.

>just not having a relationship

Major loneliness, but it's also less stressful than being in a relationship.

fucking nothing b

Remember that you should make your own happiness. A partner should add to that, not be that - otherwise when you lose them you have nothing.

What's it like feeling lonely?

not that user but a mix of wanting somebody, trying to convince yourself you dont need it and regretting never trying earlier.

I know I'll have a few friends and family to talk to. I just never had a gf, nor have had any type of romantic contact with a girl in my life. My parents have constantly told me that's it sad and pathetic to wanting to be lonely, but this place has somewhat convinced me that's all just a meme to go for it.

I just don't know man.

Attached: tumblr_lru08qZvRD1qazivv.gif (460x345, 498K)

>implying there are cons to solitude

It aches and it doesn't end. Humans are social creatures that aren't meant for isolation. But when there's nobody left to live for days turn into weeks, then months, and years until they all blend together. Drugs can take your mind away from it until you build up a tolerance but it's miserable way for anyone to live.
Go meet someone. Put yourself out there. A relationship with the right person can be wonderful and life changing for you. You might figure out more about yourself through how you treat others.

Attached: NHK.jpg (704x400, 20K)

>Eventually your mind looses sharpness, your social skills plummet. People become foreign to you and you can no longer relate to them.

Maybe if you're a fucking mongoloid and meant to be fodder. The solitude can bring you any and all knowledge thus rendering the day to day life of a human to absolute shit. There's no excitement at all when you understand and see the world for how it truly is. If you're not a fucking dingus you can reach Dr Manhattan level omnipotence thru solitude.

Attached: 1538536678520.png (604x608, 10K)

When hard times roll around you dont have any support to help you out, other than that its smooth sailing

There are things you cannot rely on from self-study alone. It's also not a fulfilling existence. If you were sharp you would realize that truth sooner.

if you're strong, none. in fact it is preferable.

Kind of this. Only normalniggers think that solitude has cons.

>the cons of true solitude
Aching apathy which tears you up from inside. Nothing matters, and not in the fun le edgy nihilist way, but in the way where you sit on the living room floor for a full two hours and your entire body feels like stone, just staring limply, blankly forward, at nothing in particular. There's no one to call if you were to be in the hospital or jail - no one to feed your pets, or get rid of the perishable food from your fridge. No one to call when you absolutely need to talk to someone: no one to listen to your good news, or bad news, to talk about your depression, no chat about current events. It's overwhelming, the penetrating realization that if you died right here, sitting on this carpet, the only person who would come looking would be the landlord looking for their rent check. You can lose yourself this way and truly descend into madness.

>I'm smarter/stronger than biology
Fact: Humans are social animals. Even someone totally introverted would become delirious from an extended period without any meaningful communication or human contact.

>you sit on the living room floor for a full two hours and your entire body feels like stone, just staring limply, blankly forward, at nothing in particular
That's what I miss most about being a NEET. Having so much free time that I can do nothing and not feel like I'm wasting my time.

>There are things you cannot rely on from self-study alone.
Maybe for you
>It's also not a fulfilling existence.
Depends on what you view as fulfilling. If money, gf's and happiness are defined as fulfilling I feel pity for you user.

Attached: 1538591445463.jpg (636x651, 39K)

>Humans are social animals
Without others, we would not be in the state we are in now yes, that does not defy the genetic lottery that comes from each birth.
> Even someone totally introverted would become delirious from an extended period without any meaningful communication or human contact.
As read above, you would be surprised.
>meaningful
Subjective

I'll share the secret knowledge solitude brings this one time from a soon-to-be wizard: It fucking sucks. Stop idolizing it.

That's why the wizard meme exists in the first place. It's an ironic title. It's a meme. There is no meaningful knowledge to be gained.

Hardly worth dignifying your substanceless post with a reply, but multiple (ethically questionable) experiments have been carried out on humans, especially prisoners of war, which prove that absolute solitude takes a toll on a person's mind. It is an inescapable piece of biology. You can dislike people all you want; you still require social interaction to maintain sanity.

OP here.

So what I'm getting is that true solitude is an absolute state of misery. Not having a relationship can be pretty soul crushing too. However there might be certain people out there who are busted in the head enough already for it to not really matter.

I feel pretty busted in the head, maybe I'll give it a go.

>it's not possible for any humans to exist that are fine being in solitude because I said so and I won't listen to any opposition
Classic newfag.

Get your self pitying outta here and stop trying to drag others down to your level of self butthurt. If you cannot overcome your emotions during every scenario, you still have much to learn.

Attached: 1538617005775.jpg (680x793, 41K)

This question is purely opinionated and will derive from many different answers from different point of views.

Like all threads here

Attached: 81071B7D-5163-4795-BDBF-072C558C4F8C.jpg (620x457, 60K)

I hope you stay euphoric through your intelligence to your lonely death bed.

I unironically appreciate that user, I plan to. I hope you overcome your struggles one day, fren. There is more to life than the self. Please take this rare OC frog as a token of kinship

Attached: 20180919_170248-picsay.png (1152x2048, 1.25M)

Its... heavy. All the weight of life crushing you down and not a soul to be found to share the load. After awhile parts of you that don't even exist will seem to ache and all forward progress in life will grind to a halt.
Every so often you'll see someone and think maybe they can help lift this weight off your back but whether its pride, fear, or simply not knowing how to ask you always end up watching them leave wondering what could have been before lying to yourself that nothing good would have come of it only giving yourself further reason to avoid the next one to come along until people just stop appearing in your life altogether.
Before long you begin wondering what would happen if you just put the weight down. Sure you'd never be able to lift it ever again but atleast the pain would go away shortly after. But still you trudge on day after day against these thoughts because to the rest of the world such an act is considered shameful, pathetic, and weak. Of course those that make these judgments share their burdens and help carry eachothers loads while we break ourselves overencumbered by life's troubles and helpless to lighten our load.
How does loneliness feel? Its backbreaking