Is joining the military a good idea?

Is joining the military a good idea?

Whenever I see threads about it, its always the same batch of weirdos that are general losers in life who want to join as a "last resort" since apparently they messed up all the other opportunities they had. Or they have really weird aspirations inspired by movies and games.

Im not sure if all the benefits of enlisting would be worth it if those are the kinds of cunts id have to live and work with on a daily basis on top of all the other bs i would have to put up with....

Thots?

Attached: Image-334118.jpg (1080x1080, 385K)

Don't enlist because I genuinely don't want to deal with more people like you.

If I was American I would probably enlist. Not marines tho

pussy

oreos

Most military jobs are just unskilled labor with danger money

Statistically you won't end up doing anything interesting or particularly well paid and that's even if you get accepted which is even more rare these days since most cuck armies are filling their ranks with (women)
And the comradery always seems fake to me because they break everyone down and expect them to all be the same plus the same degenerate culture applies in there as well.
Just baby sitting for people who like to wear camo and sleep in a camp while playing with big toys
If you do get deployed you either won't see any action or could instantly died
If any of this sounds like your sort of thing and you pass pre selection do it
T. Aussie who was interested in joining the infantry but probably won't get in because I'm a white male and they'll pick some chad or Stacey that's dumber and easily manipulatable

There has not been a justifiable war in half a century

You'll need to develop a taste for purple dragon flavored crayons first.

I wish I could join but I have a hearing loss

Join if you want to waste a few years of your life doing somewhat cool stuff.

The way I see it is this; either serve your 4-6 years and get out so you can reap the benefits, or serve 20 years and retire. There isn't much point in serving any additional time unless you really love serving your country.

t. 5 years in the Air Force.

Attached: 1481613422254.jpg (570x883, 341K)

You will have to work with idiots or people you don't like regardless of your career choice.

In the military most last resorters don't get though basic. In my basic course the of the 30% who failed half of those were probably not intelligent enough to do anything of any worth (the other half being injured).

The people looking for adventure who join as combat arms rarely stop on after their VIE. They probably get tired of digging holes and grunt work.

The main thing is to pick a trade which is more career oriented. Some trades are more technical and pay more (at least in my country). Those ones have training that is too difficult for unintelligent people to pass, and won't attract the young guys seeking "adventure".

I work on heavy radar and weather/airfeild instruments, I make 70k at the moment with full benifits, and will retire on 50% pension when my 25years are up.

The military is for the low IQ.

>working on radars
Enjoy your cancer bro

I work on radar for a large defense contractor, but on the software side.

>He doesn't know the difference between ionizing radiation and RF radiation.

RF radiation will cook you, bit you don't work on it while it's turned on.

Attached: 1533133380140.jpg (790x767, 76K)

In Canada it's a pretty good job.

I'm in the process of joining as an officer in the Royal Army. The pay is excellent desu and there are a lot of benefits. The only issue is The British army are cucking pretty hard right now and pandering to social justice.

Attached: 3b8.jpg (595x619, 90K)

Do you know anything about ROTP? Free uni for potential officer candidates/Service Members?

>Whenever I see threads about it, its always the same batch of weirdos that are general losers in life who want to join as a "last resort" since apparently they messed up all the other opportunities they had.
pretty much sums up every single person I personally know who joined the military

Yeah. It's a decent deal. The 4 year degree is pensionable time, so you would only have to work 21 years after the degree if you want to retire on 50% wage. I hear it's best to choose a degree that isn't offered at RMC so you can attend a civilian university. The RMC dumps a a thick layer of military shit on-top of you during the semester. The only other issue is officer cadet wage is pretty low so you won't be living a super lavish life while in school.

Sra or Ssgt? Also what's your Afsc?

Attached: 1539546677681.jpg (493x596, 38K)

the army is full of gimps
enjoy getting vegitibles shoved up your arse in basic training and hanging out with a bunch of people who couldn't even get a fail at GCSE maths and english

As long as you do it for yourself and dont become one of those brainwashed retards.

it's nice when they cuck it means they lower standards.

What is their selection process? Do you have to enlist first?