I went to a psychiatrist because I suffer some lack of energy and unstable mood and she prescribed me 2mg of...

I went to a psychiatrist because I suffer some lack of energy and unstable mood and she prescribed me 2mg of risperidone ever night before going to sleep. Should I take it? Experiences?

Attached: 3b7173c0359f4876630b6aaf65ebb73354bbe6fd.jpg (510x416, 25K)

Risperidone is an antipsychotic medication that helps with mood stabilization; e.g. makes your manic and depressed episodes less severe. Antipsychotics are notorious for causing weight gain, so look out for changes in your diet. Some of these medications also cause severe lethargy; look up "thorazine shuffle". They can change your sleep patterns. If you feel like the medication is doing more harm than good, talk to your psychiatrist about it, and they should adjust your medications accordingly. Be aware, though, your psychiatrist might not listen to you and will try to keep you on the medication, so be confident when you bring it up with them.

Thanks that was actually helpful

Congratulations. Now you're gonna have even less energy. And you're gonna have manboobs.

Before I forget, antidepressants and antipsychotics both cause suicidal thoughts. If you experience these symptoms, bring them up with your psychiatrist. If you need absolutely need to, go to the ER. In the United States, they generally will put you in a hospital room that has a camera to monitor you and make sure you don't hurt yourself.

yeah no thanks

muted

user, I've been on antipsychotics for 8 years. It will destroy your brain. It doesn't help your symptoms, it shuts down the part of the brain that allows you to feel those symptoms. I regret taking them in the first place. It's just not worth it.

It makes you sleepy and fat. Don't take it. She only prescribed it because she gets paid for every prescription by the drug company. NOT BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD MEDICAL PRACTICE

Thanks for sharing
She actually isn't the kind of psychiatrist that solves everything with drugs, but still I don't trust her. Any of them.

They say it would permanently damage your brain, you'll lose feels and emotions for good plus other shit.

Just be sure you want to do this. I was on 30mg of Zyprexa for 7 years. Even a taper was a literal nightmare. I didn't have the slightest clue I could experience such torment of the mind and body.

I guess I'm supposed to take it for some months only to "help sleep and stabilize mood"
Sorry to hear that. I've suffered some shit with benzos myself. How was it?

>taking an anti-psychotic for sleep
Kek

Attached: downloadfile-2.jpg (1100x617, 76K)

To better the sleep quality, not to fall asleep.

>taking an anti-psychotic thinking it will improve sleep quality
Kek

Attached: soren-kierkegaard_1966-04-28.gif (300x635, 40K)

>Risperidone

That shit is fucking awful and there is no mental illness that is worse than that.

I've been on risperidone and olanzapine and I'm never going back to that.

wew lad, lack of energy and you get an antipsychotic prescribed? Your psychiatrist is the one who should go on them, she's clearly mad.

The idea is it will stabilize my mood/emotions and that will improve my sleep and energy levels in general.
Why? Is it that bad? Tell me your experience.

A few months is enough to fuck you up if something goes wrong. Google about damage it causes and related stories of people who suffer right fucking now.

Never tried risperidone, but quetiapine just makes me even more tired than I was usually, so not sure how it's gonna help energy levels.

If you think about how you can close your eyes and picture things in your head, anything, family members, anything at all

You can't anymore, it will flash blank.

You'll be slow, sluggish, your reflexes will quadruple, you will sleep 15 hours per day at first.

Your short term memory will be removed.

It never gets better, there is no improvement. Only nothing.

Yeah I recall seeing many times here on Jow Forums people saying anti-psychotics cause brain damage.
Thanks for your input.
How long did you take them and which doses?

Risperidone, no more than 2 months, olanzapine about 2 years, 20mg.

Just don't do it, it's the only thing I would actively discourage someone from doing.

Listen to . He's right. Get yourself intensive psychological therapy RIGHT NOW and focus on self-improvement. Reading philosophy, psychology, self-help books, meditation, eating right, prayer, take melanin or theanine for sleep and DO NOT TAKE ANTI-PSYCHOTICS.

Read Peter Breggin too.

Attached: Rianne-van-Rompaey+by+Alasdair+McLellan+in+London+Calling+(12).jpg (1000x1250, 270K)

Dependence can hit you even after using it once
I don't have Schizophrenia in family and heres my story:

I once took 4 mg of risperidone, i felt bad so next day I didn't

Next day, felt restless, couldn't fall asleep at all, didn't sleep more than 1 - 2 hour for like 3 - 6 days, started having visual, auditory and tacticle hallucinations, eventually hallucinations covered my whole vision when i closed eyes.

People told me i behave weird, like hyperaroused kind of weird

Took 2 weeks of gradual tapering before i could be off risperidone without any big side effects. Even then for few days it was hard to sleep because i felt my bed spinning, swimming, shaking, floating, same for body

dont take it user
you could try wellbutrin though

You do not know what you're talking about. Quetiapine 25mg is an atypical antipsychotic widely prescribed to treat insomnia and it does not act as an antipsychotic in doses under 300mg, to state just one example.

Attached: 1538442178437.jpg (900x577, 102K)

I took risperidone for about a month and it didn't really do anything. My psych prescribed it for dissociation and minor psychosis but i'm pretty sure stopping my zoloft was what fixed those, not the risperidone. From what I understand, it won't really do anything for you unless you actually need it.

Attached: 1528578922804.jpg (540x720, 54K)

It has a shitton of fucking side effects. First time I took Quetiapine I had very strong tachycardia and almost fainted. Using it for too long also gives you cognitive impairment.

Attached: 8c236148e4549458001e7ab827c950af.jpg (1000x1250, 153K)

>be depressed
>want to suicide
>takes antidepressant
>want to suicide even more
what

Thank you all for your replies. I will stay away from that shit, I don't know what I was thinking even considering taking it. I just threw the prescription into the trash. And fuck that psychiatrist bitch.

Yeah, you do that.
On another note, are you new to r9k? Why are you being so respectful?

Attached: Ryokan-Sculpture.jpg (809x977, 355K)

I actually came to this board for the first time years ago and have come again occasionally.
I'm being respectful because I really value your help.

Okay so there are absolutely no positive reviews of antidepressants and antipsychotics. Everyone says they're bad. Everyone says they make you worse. Everyone who takes them says the regret it.
So why do they even exist?

Fucking hell, I'm sorry man, I think I can sort of understand how you feel, my short term memory and imagination is dead and I haven't even used anything. Do you have hope your situation will improve? What's your story?

I think they are to treat severe cases (like dementia or schizophrenia) where the positive effects are worth the side effects.

This was close to 10 years ago now and I still feel as though it has permanently affected me, but it's not like it was.

>Everyone says they're bad. Everyone says they make you worse. Everyone who takes them says the regret it.
>So why do they even exist?
Because it might stop people from commiting suicide. So it's useful for society as a whole but the individual doesn't consider the possibility of suicide. Besides, fucking drug companies wabt to make money and drug people. Read Peter Breggin and Thomas Szas. Antidepressants aren't that bad but antipsychotics are really harmful for people who ARE NOT psychotic. Also, it is a form of social control. Antipsychotics never help psychotics, they just help keeping their mind dull and empty so it's easier to keep the patients in line in the maniconium. This has been procedure since the beginning of the history of psychiatric care. Up until 1900s frontotemporal lobotomy LITERALLY was a procedure done to psychotics. Obviously noone likes having a literal lobotomy and noone benefits from it. Nowadays it also happens but it's chemical lobotomy with Olanzapine.
Lithium is used to "treat" these people but lithium is a literal heavy metal that is toxic.

Attached: Vogue-Germany-June-2016-Rianne-van-Rompaey-by-Daniel-Jackson-9.jpg (700x919, 112K)