Is there any reason not to believe in an amazing afterlife? If you are wrong, you will never know it. If you are right...

Is there any reason not to believe in an amazing afterlife? If you are wrong, you will never know it. If you are right, you will have an amazing, carefree attitude to life with a lot to look forward to.

Attached: 1269986719405.jpg (350x359, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

astralinfo.org/astral-projection-methods/
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can you choose to believe in something? It's not like I can just decide at any time to believe in a religion.

It'll cause a lot people to kill themselves to get to that afterlife

Afterlife is a dumb meme made by people who want to stay alive but don't want to have to live in this shit world.

the notion of an afterlife is too good to be true, it's essentially just millennia of wish fulfillment from a species trying to wrap their heads around being self-aware and aspiring to a greater purpose than organic compost

Imagine being so dumb you think that you can "choose" what to believe in. Imagine being so dumb that you think eternal existance is somehow a good thing in any form

>he hasn't looked into NDE research
Wew

There is no reason not to I suppose. It is just very difficult to genuinely believe in one if you have an IQ above 85

I take it you haven't looked into NDEs, right?

It wasn't in their life plan to know the truth ;)
Not just NDEs though -- I feel like astral travel is a glimpse into that type of shit too and it's a lot easier than dying momentarily.

Brain conjuring up hallucinations as it shuts down, what different people see is different and often tied to their beliefs as well, just more dumb shit.

Yep. They'll get a kick out of this on the other side.

ExposingChristianity.com .please read and spread

There are a lot of layers to this, but I promise you it is not nearly that simple.

>he doesn't know about the chemically proven DMT trip before brain death
whew

imagine being so dumb that you don't believe in anything remotely interesting

You're wrong, and you'll never know it, but you're still wrong.
/thread

>he thinks a chemical can affect the brain in such a way that it is able to create hallucinations that are more real than real
whooptywhuuwhuu

I believe in some kinda metaphysical abstract meta-layer to reality, but you're right trying to force yourself to believe in something like Christianity is hard. Though I still like to think there are special beings that come along every so often like Jesus and the buddha

The only way to realistically have an amazing afterlife is through transhumanism.

Attached: cryonics.jpg (275x183, 7K)

imagine being so dumb that you believe in things merely because they are interesting rather than by evidence or at least scientific theory

actually yeah they can, you should try it some time. it's pretty fucked up

you can't be disappointed if you have no expectations. If you want me to believe there is only the best afterlife I can possibly imagine and no horrible alternative then it doesn't fucking matter if I believe it or not. I either won't be around to know, or I'll be in it without my consent and pre-knowledge. The only reason to believe is if you get sent to a bad afterlife if you don't. however there are plenty of reasons to mot believe that anyways. Pascal's wager is dumb.

>schizophrenia patients can distinguish hallucinations from reality before someone tells them otherwise
kek
look dude if it were up to what I want to believe I'd stake my luck in reincarnation but life doesn't guarantee anything after this

Attached: 1541022122837.jpg (225x225, 15K)

imagine being so dumb that you don't understand the first thing about scientific theory

astralinfo.org/astral-projection-methods/

the best way to think of it is that we're not really here at all. We envision some sort of self that came into being, when it's just a bunch of cells lumped together, that will eventually disperse upon death. The self is an illusion the same the way we interpret colors or sounds is an illusion

>he can make himself believe in anything because it feels good regardless of the evidence

Attached: religion.png (632x796, 218K)

>his bible is wikipedia

I'm on board with this theory

>regardless of the evidence

Which is actually on the side of survival research:

digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf

Attached: 1279622665466.jpg (480x475, 62K)

On a scale from 1-10, how shitty is this world? And is it the world itself that is shitty, or just our society?

Attached: 1266711384423.jpg (1680x1050, 674K)

The pursuit of truth I suppose

Schizophrenics can actually be aware they're going crazy

because to me the only thing worse than those close to you lying is lying to myself. Simply put no matter what sort of mental gymnastics I try and perform I will never truly believe it.

sounds like exceptions to the rule though

The real mind fuck is when you realize that the physical matter is ENTIRELY illusionary and all we are is pure eternal consciousness.

The human shell we take is inherently awful. Our brains are not designed for sustainable contentment. I would give it like a 2/10.