Why is this shit shilled all over the place...

Why is this shit shilled all over the place? Who is benefitting from and it and how are they getting everyone to push it? Why do they demand that I stop using my warm and pleasant incandescent lights?

Attached: GUEST_1768d07e-ff7d-4906-a6f2-c853082e1050.jpg (488x488, 59K)

those fancy numbers on the box explain why

i can get LED bulbs that are like the cancer causing florescent lights but only in 60 watt bulb form.

LEDs emit the least UV radiation so your daki will fade slower

i dunno
they use less power so you might save money in the long run
also just companies advertising their stuff

you should order a xiaomi yee (color version) light though
these things are next level light bulbs
you can have your warm light in any color you want
its seriously amazing and i dont want to miss it

Why the fuck are you still using electric lights?

so you use less power, the less power used by everyone means the power companies do not have to build new power plants.

You benefit from it. The electricity requirements substantially lower and they basically never burn out and need to be replaced. Over years that adds up, especially if you tend to accidentally leave lights on.

As opposed to what? Candles? Glowsticks? Are you fucking bioluminecent?

>spent several decades power gaming on a PC and CRT monitor in my youth, where I'd always stress over FPS and refresh rates
>fast forward to 2018
>install new LED lights in my home
>I can see the strobe effect as it refreshes

Never again. Ever. Sensing the strobe makes me want to vomit. It's not a solid light. Many lights are like that, such as the red lights on the back of cars that light up when they brake.

I thought we had killed this strange Boomer meme like 5 years ago with compact florescent bulbs.

These are VASTLY more power efficient. I am literally saving like 7 bucks a month just using these in my lamp. They are very bright and make great lights. They last for fucking ever so your shit bulbs don't "burn out" they just last for a goddamn decade at worst.

These are vastly better bulbs. Even incandescent are some scam from the gilded age where the filament was made too thin to line pockets.

LED are cheaper, last forever, make brighter light and are better in every single conceivable way. Anyone who says otherwise is a retard, a retarded boomer, or someone so vastly retarded they were ACTUALLY fooled by the media to fear a superior alternative to a shit product.

I've had a few fail on me; can't say I have a high opinion of them, especially for the price. Hopefully they'll get more reliable with time and development, but right now, I'd rather pay a small fraction of the price of the LED for an incandescent that's demonstrated itself to last longer.

>mfw have hypersensitive autism eyes
>these fucking things make me feel nauseous and dizzy
>they're starting to pop up more and more
>neurotypicals don't even notice them

it's seriously starting to fuck with me.

Attached: aut.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

You like those dim orange emanating bulbs? Can't see shit in that orange haze.

>paying for the electric jew
Oil lamp master race reporting in.

Attached: il_fullxfull.391957782_jliy.jpg (975x1500, 320K)

It's because you're sensitive to the 60 Hz strobe. See this post: You have the same issue. Some people do.

I genuinely can't think of a more terrifying future than all light bulbs being that harsh sterile led light

They've been changing the street lights in my neighborhood over to LEDs. There are still blocks with the old ones and looking at the two next to each other, it's unbelievable how orange the incandescent ones were.

yeah same here. night walks are no where near as comfy anymore

>harsh sterile led light
They don't have to be.

Attached: 91JyYqk02IL._SX425_.jpg (425x470, 32K)

Only shitty/broken ones hurt your eyes and make you feel dizzy. It's because they begin flickering extremely quickly, most normalfags can't notice it but people with sensitive eyes do. It may initially flicker so fast that even you can't consciously notice it, but you still get a headache. The more it wears down, the slower it flickers and it can get to the point where normal people notice it as well and that's usually when they replace them. But for sensitive people, it fucks with your eyes well before that point.

I know this is crazy but if you spend an extra dollar or two on your led light bulbs they won't flicker or look strange and will probably outlast you.

Barely any heat emitted, less power usage, less radiation, its a win/win. LED is legit.

The color and brightness has nothing to do with it being LED, you can get anything you desire.

They're being funded by big opticians to ruin your eyes to boost glasses sales and laser surgeries

LEDs can have negligible flicker with a rectifier. Better power electronics will eliminate that.

And yeah if you want to talk about corporate scams incandescent bulbs are like the original case study for planned obsolescence and cartel shit

No they're not. That's what smartphones are for.

When I was 13 or 14, I used to unscrew the top cover of my lamp, put it on the floor and rest my ballsack on the warm incandescent light bulb. Felt good man. I pity kids nowadays with LED who will never know this pleasure.

Attached: incandescent-lightbulb-glow.jpg (667x1000, 50K)

>save money

There's free limitless energy everyday in the sky just waiting to be harnessed. Technology keeps advancing yet here we are still using something as archaic as fossil fuels. Its's all going to fall apart eventually unless our current infrastructure changes.

>not lighting your home with a bonfire in 2018

>Implying it's not a multi-faceted operation

Incandescent bulbs heat up to over 200C when in use. You would melt your ball bag.

That's an inefficient use of resources. This is why you could never spearhead a subversive campaign of mass-manipulation.

Yeah it would get too hot after a few minutes and I'd turn it off to cool down, then do it again. Easily manageable.

Lasts 13 years lol. I've used these pices of shit in 2 houses I've owned and they were all toast in a year to year and a half. Which sucks cause they are fucking expensive. Hell half the lights in my motor home have burnt out and they are all led. I have only had the damn RV 5 years and only use it a few times a year. If they are going to push this shit they need to build a better product

Their estimated lifespan is based on using them for only a couple hours a day. I use the one in my room for 8-10 hours every day, and it lasted a couple years before burning out.

GE LED bulbs are the best

Conservatives will argue against this unironically.

Attached: 1539672800031.jpg (860x754, 40K)

Incandescent bulbs are increasingly rare these days due to a global shortage of tungsten which has made them uneconomical. LED bulbs have overtaken CFLs as the replacement of choice due to several technological advantages.

This desu, if the bulb is not a cheap piece of shit it will have a power supply that eliminates flicker; even a cheap full wave rectifier would be enough to escape most people's notice.

The only thing that LEDs can't easily replace are comfy low pressure sodium street lamps. PCA LED looks similar but the emissions specrum is not as clean; astronomers will be weeping over this for decades to come.

Attached: lpsstreet.jpg (1000x575, 453K)

I miss when it used to look like this during the winter.. fucking ugly ass bright white LEDs man

Attached: 328635-svetik.jpg (1365x1024, 608K)

I have LED bulbs that are a comfy warm colour.

In higher quality lights it should be smoothed out, it's the cheap chinkshit that doesn't have any filters that has the worst flicker.

Those are high pressure sodium lamps. Amber LEDs look very similar to HPS; some cities are looking at using them because white LEDs have been shown to disrupt circadian rhythms, in addition to being sterile eye rape.