Who else here /conversationlet/?

Who else here /conversationlet/?
I can't make conversation with anyone and just start mumbling and saying empty filler words
>oh
>damn
>ha ha yeah
>wow
>woah
That's like 90% of my vocabularly when talking to normans.
Anyone else relate?

Attached: 1539977337260.jpg (640x421, 88K)

fuck yes I relate so much to this.
this is one of the reasons why I rarely ever open my mouth

Attached: 64B560E9-3DCF-4C50-BB2F-4CE1BB882185.png (427x492, 13K)

Yeah I do that too. It got so bad I actually made some roastie counselor mad. She went "are you being sarcastic right now? I'm trying to help you."

Who is this wikipedia page about, though?

>vocal brick walls
>one word answers
>slurring and stuttering
>not pronouncing whole words
>going to say two things at the same time and sounding like a retard or a schizophrenic
my mouth and my mind just can't cooperate for the fucking life of them, it feels like it should be so easy

Attached: 1538129219811.jpg (150x251, 6K)

That's how I talk with my step dad. Wish he wouldn't talk to me.

>Who is this wikipedia page about, though?
Michael Jackson

i'm a professional atheist, convert me

Attached: 4ab26.gif (300x168, 1.93M)

This is how I feel about everybody

Where can I find this Wikipedia page?

Yeah its a hard taught lesson. Im an autistic social retard. Even if I feel confident in what Im saying, usually people dont understand me or seem offended when I talk. In group settings, when I say something it usually gets dead quiet. People who have just met me usually just stare at me with shocked expressions of almost disbelief and confusion. Its strange, I can read these reactions just fine and yet Im apparently entirely incapable of figuring out what actually is and is not acceptable social behavior.

So yeah one word replies are pretty much all I should use. If I stick to that rule people at least tolerate me. The trouble is making sure I dont get too comfortable and start running my mouth.

Attached: F93C360D-CA3D-45BA-8869-41F3AAA116B8.jpg (600x500, 60K)

>oh
>damn
>ha ha yeah
>wow
>woah

Fuck, hits just a little too close to home, senpai.

What happened in life to turn him from this into what he became?

Does anyone know how to get better in social situations? I feel like this is the root cause for 99% of peoples issues here, but almost nobody talks about how to fix it.

Or is "just get out more" really the best solution

when i was in high school a cute jap/latina mix girl who was super extroverted and loved fucking talking always talked to me on the bus. I'm not total aspie (thought i wasnt interested in her) but i replied with nothing but "nice" so much to her she started mocking me for it, lmao.

Yep. That about sums me up. The only person I can talk to even a little bit is my father, which isn't saying much. And after my mother died/I moved back home to be with him he's gone pretty much off the deep end. He retired, now all he does is smoke weed and watch trailer park boys. So I pretty much keep to myself in the basement and browse Jow Forums, like I've always done.

This is why I relate so hard with goblin slayer. No smalltalk no bullshit just pragmatic and objective information transfer.

>Goblin slayer
What the fuck is this weeb shit

>now all he does is smoke weed and watch trailer park boys
That's pretty comfy though

>what he became?
An innocent singer who was framed because the white man didn't like a blackie going around looking like them?

I can't blame him. His wife of 30 years died from a freak viral infection of the heart, purely out of the blue, 2 months into her retirement. He's pretty torn up about it. My dad was a high school drop out. Worked 40 years as an operating engineer, and raised 7 kids. I figure it's about time he lives for himself, for once. I know he's hurting, though.

Attached: Feels.jpg (1016x1022, 114K)

Just let him enjoy the shows he likes, there's no need to be mean about something like that.

>saying more than one word responses in a conversation
How do they do it, bros?

Attached: 1532586969068.png (250x242, 73K)

Kind of a genuine question. Sorry for being an asshole it's the only way I know how to communicate without being an awkward mess of autism.

This whole thread is dumb. Just talk about something you want to talk about. Practice talking out loud so you don't have pacing issues. Take social cues from tv and use them to spice up your conversations. It's amazing how little effort it takes to make a sentence feel special, and by extension, the one who makes it.

Damn man, I feel for both of you.
Godspeed

Attached: 1540152142919.jpg (634x633, 33K)

You probably can't think of anything to say because your mind is warped by this anonymous imageboard which is filled with nothing but the things people don't want to say when they aren't anonymous.

Most people want to talk at someone and feel like they're being listened to. Those canned responses are all they really want to hear. Sucks to realize but when it comes to most conversation, you've already got it down.

actually it was because he was Anti-Semitic

Thanks, fren. Have a good night.

Attached: apu potatoes.jpg (846x1024, 59K)

Nah, I took like a month off and nothing changed except that I felt more alone.

>Just talk about something you want to talk about
Thanks for that non-advice man, if I knew what I wanted to talk about there wouldn't be a problem.

holy shit yes OP. All normans want to do is rant blindly about their lives and their problems. If I try to relate or bring up anything about myself I just get a blank stare for a couple of seconds before they continue rambling. It's gotten to the point where I literally just use filler phrases until they leave me alone. Unfortunately, a lot of them just think I'm interested in what they have to say and never stop.

Attached: 1517809878803.gif (498x356, 778K)

Maybe you stupid fucks should read the thread and maybe his fuckin wikipedia page. Fucking stupid idiots can't do anything without being told what to do.

MJ had a fucked dad, and fame really changes your life. Tragic story.

Care about what you're talking about or care about what the other person has to say. If you don't want to talk then listen and ask questions.

Normalfag for "idk bro just talk or sum lmao"

The absolute autism in this post

>Practice talking out loud
Don't actually do this, you'll look like a complete retard. Just force ypurself to come up with stuff to say and improvise from there. Or just never talk to people, that always works.

Exactly this. Even when they ask about you, it's so they can feel good about having given you a chance since what they reall want is for you to ask about them so they can dominate the conversation.

>Care about what you're talking about
I tried to do that once. I was telling a story when the person I was talking to cut in to make a joke about something I brought up and when I tried to get back on track with what I was talking about they cut me off and continued with their joke version of what I was saying. No one else at the table cared enough to pay attention but laughed at their joke and I just excused myself to go to the bathroom without finishing the other half of the story since clearly no one wanted to hear what I had to say. When I came back, the topic had changed. I know not everyone is like this, but just caring about what you say is not a surefire method.

>want to say something smart of funny
>literally cant string the sentence together without sounding hesitant or retarded, completely ruining the line

Id be fucking so many bitches if all communication was text based.
I mean ive scored a date off msgs and couldnt bag the deal cause all my spaghetti spills out in person with my useless mouth hole

>Id be fucking so many bitches if all communication was text based.
Not that you're making a great case for yourself with anything in that post, but sure, keep telling yourself that.

This is my Jow Forums voice, i turn up the charm for the hoes online

Sure thing, bub-o.

Attached: 1541198560860.jpg (326x280, 16K)

>he doesnt believe it cause all he's tried is tinder

you're fishing in the wrong ponds kid
put those shitposting skills to use, at worst you'll get some nudes

I worked hard to change myself from incapable of holding conversation to 'funny, stories, relatable' and to my dismay discovered that normans talk vapid bullshit 24/7 with zero interest in real topics. now i just enjoy talking inane trash with anyone who will listen; making up conspiracy theories, lazy shitty jokes so yeah they broke me.
its just not worth it bros, normies are the biggest fucking npcs you will ever encounter and when they arent talking shit music, simple movies, triple a videogames or celebrities they are ranting about topics they havent spent anytime researching; e.g. politics, the environment, philosophy, spirituality etc etc etc. its all so tiresome.

Attached: doomer.jpg (1200x1200, 370K)

anyone else cringe hard watching pic related because it makes you remember how you actually talk

Attached: 1540926687859.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

Feel the exact opposite, but I can still understand.
>tfw lack communication
>really want to talk with people
>always was extremely verbose
>become even more verbose
>people think you're draining and weird because you tend to have periods where you just write extremely long messages, try to have conversations or tell stories
>tfw can't be normal and only talk in 2 word responses every 30-60min as a conversation

Same in real life. But then I switch to just wanting to not talk at all, be silent with someone without it being awkward for them and just enjoy us being together. Sadly both of these extremes are too off putting for people. The sad part is that I feel like I just use filler words, go in circles, never say anything interesting and i'm too stupid.

Attached: 1539313304893.jpg (1200x809, 264K)

this guy gets it, in an original, bot-evading sort of way

I get very talkative when the subject matter is something I'm passionate about. Small talk is like pulling teeth for me though.

currently airing anime with literally autistic protagonist. normalfags whine about it because it has rape but the true ptsd there is being reminded of real life blunders by how he talks

Attached: owo.jpg (326x326, 21K)

talking is for normies anyways.