I just installed a bitcoin miner virus on my sis's pc and i feel like a fucking idiot for not noticing...

I just installed a bitcoin miner virus on my sis's pc and i feel like a fucking idiot for not noticing. Now my dad has to reinstall windows in the hope that they'll get rid of it. The thing is it's so fucking hard to tell whether it's a real threat or not with microsoft defender I always assume games are safe no matter what. I scanned the file with malware bytes and it turned out to be a bitcoin miner. Fuck.

Attached: 131305048820.jpg (3072x2304, 993K)

below average intelligence frogposter

below average intelligence frogposter

U mad an*me nerds?

Attached: 1523912814964.png (700x700, 16K)

which game did you catch it from?
some crap like Zula?
or did you torrent something else?

Attached: 3EEC5542058647D9B3F89913034419C3.jpg (1512x922, 147K)

Pirate Bay. It was a torrent for Ni No Kuni 2 w DLCs they wanted so bad. The repacks don't work well and take ages to install so I had to resort to that shady torrent. At first I thought it was a false alarm but I never restarted the PC again to see if anything happened.

>u mad?
>frogposter
>A FUCKING LEAF
not surprised

At least you made some money and became rich.

Haha I wish. The virus wasn't mine.

you cant trust even the ones with green/pink skulls
you also cant trust your AV always cuz of false positives

Attached: chill_cat_t.jpg (600x500, 46K)

don't call me a nerd ever game you neetfrogposter

ever again*

Proof that Russians are hackers.

Why? I am innocent.

Yeah, it never happened to me, and there were no comments whatsoever. The torrent file got removed from the website and is available only from the cache.
Actually they haven't found the proof yet, my dad is a self conceited idiot so he goes on making up random theories. I had the file on an external HDD so I scanned it with malwarebytes and I turned out to be a miner. I hope they'll get rid of it with a system wiping. I'm a piece of shit for lying but I don't want to be blamed all the time because I know that's what's gonna happen.

>The torrent file got removed from the website
that means it was fake/infected
always watch out for stuff that should have a much larger filesize than the uploaded torrent has, never look at how many seeds they have bcuz it can and is being faked all the time

Also no skulls. The fucking windows defender blocks anything that is remotely close to a script or a crack so I assumed it was a false alarm.

I think I'll disable WD and keep Malwarebytes active at all times. At least it can tell me which virus is which, while Defender told me it was just another trojan leading me to think it wasn't real MB told me exactly that it was a miner. Will reinstalling windows or restoring factory data help?

yeah, the only 'legit' no-skull torrents have to be uploaded at least a year ago, enough time to get reported and/or removed

reinstalling windows/doing the 'reset my PC'(like windows 10 has) will clear the problem

Yeah, I saw a thread about some guy not being able to rid of it even with factory reset but it's just a case. I hope it won't happen with mine.

you can, of course, try to blast it with whatever AV you want
years ago I got my old PC infected with spyware and the third AV I tried killed it

just run it in a sandbox so that even if it is a virus, it can't do anything to your real system retard

Never thought of that as it wasn't even my PC.

I think a reset is the best choice, there's not much time to try out all those anti viruses.

>in the hope that they'll get rid of it

Why hope? No software can remain through a clean Windows install.

I saw a thread about some guy claiming it still persisted but it was just one single case.

When you clean install you format the drive first from cmd in the Windows install USB, nothing can persist through that. Whoever told you that is an actual retard.