Fooly Cooly is the best peice of media ever created change my mind

Fooly Cooly is the best peice of media ever created change my mind.

Attached: 67C129B5-7A6D-4749-BE6F-62013CD71CB3.gif (500x500, 168K)

I use to be 15 too. It all comes to circumstances, flcl is a coming of age story so someone underage would have a deeper connection with it. That or youre a robot that is mentally behind like 8 years so youre now starting to grow up. Im not calling flcl shit but it isnt the best anime, at least in my book

Arakawa under the bridge is the best

Fooly cooly is amazing though

Normalfag anime for normalfags.

yeah, we can pretend Satoshi Kon doesn't exist but that's just patently false

>watches normalfag anime
>thinks he's a robot
I'm afraid you're just a failed normie.

Attached: 1439322000912.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Im almost 20, but I watched it for the first time around 15 or 16. Its really stuck with me like nothing else has. The use of music, imagery, characters, and art are all just god tier imo, Ive watched it through probably 6 times and still cant find a single fault in it.

you're clearly not very skilled at analysis and blinded by nostalgia since every anime is riddled with flaws

>le random comedy anime is best piece of media
fuck off

i guess we're all mk-ultred

>not knowing the difference between normie shit and something thats not hyperweebish

lmao

You implying there is something that is not riddled with flaws?

>le random comedy anime

clearly youve never actually seen it then

Well desu the third episode of FLCL is kinda weak, but I think the rest of them are as close to perfect as you can get.

>I watch only the least Japanese of Japanese ukiyo-e crafts
kekus maximus.

Attached: [Farfie] Joshiraku - 08 (BD Hi10-720p AAC).mkv_snapshot_10.43_[2013.10.29_23.50.27].jpg (1280x720, 143K)

I really like anime. Most anime is fun to watch and makes me happy, I wish everyone could find stuff they like and enjoy

Attached: Dljso2GW4AYGyuV.jpg (736x1200, 105K)

>most anime is fun to watch
speaking as somebody who's seen close to 500 shows, you're really overestimating the long term appeal

lol, you are so full of shit.

Attached: 1454459315630.png (730x880, 737K)

Eva is better.

Attached: shin.jpg (1280x542, 86K)

I spent my entire life just watching people, you just pick up a few things

or we have fundamentally different opinions, but okay

Nah, you're a shit liar.

The original FLCL was better for me when I watched it as an adult since I understood it better.

While the two sequels get a lot of shit thrown at them, they were still quite enjoyable for me especially Alternative.

This. I honestly really enjoy Monster and Shinsekai Yori

Posting the actual best screen-based non-interactive media of all time.
fuck your magazines
fuck your hollywood

Attached: TOKO.png (833x649, 744K)

Relatable/10.

you think 500 shows is ridiculous? that's not even difficult to achieve

I have a friend who has over 1k anime watched and won't watch really good shows because he said "Then I'd have nothing good to watch if I watch them"

Imagine how many times you could rewatch things you've already seen and enjoyed with that time, though.

I agree with your friend desu

Nah, I have been watching anime since elementary school and I still enjoy it

Attached: 92TU-Asw.png (512x512, 385K)

I agree with him as well but I wouldn't be able to bring myself to watching really bad shows just because I didn't want to watch the good shows.

What is flcl about? I remember watching it two times years ago and not really getting it

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the medium, but the number of quality and groundbreaking anime out there is a lot smaller than most people think
I'm happy you can enjoy whatever you watch user

Name a anime that you like that I wouldn't know about.

>claim to be a anime pro, has totally watched over 500 anime
>has never talked about a single one in the entire thread
>'beLIEve me'

Attached: 1447655260633.png (1390x1380, 180K)

I don't know what your preferences are and I'm not an obscurist hipster so I don't see the point in liking for contrarian's sake
but in terms of anime you might not know, (not ones I necessarily like)
Moryou no Hako
Kuuchuu Buranko
Kemonozume
Red Garden
Narutaru
Ristorante Paradiso
Law of Ueki
Night Wizard

again, proving you've seen those doesn't really lend credence to your argument if we're just going on opinions

>the number of quality and groubreaking anime is a lot smaller
It's still more than hollywood could ever hope for. Personally, I've gotten way more enjoyment out of the pond of 8+/10 anime and manga than i ever did out of hollywood and other (non-book) westaboo shit. /a/-shit is much more relative, relatable, relevant, and meaningful imo.

Attached: __imaizumi_kagerou_inubashiri_momiji_kasodani_kyouko_and_yakumo_ran_touhou_drawn_by_peconica__sample (850x662, 122K)

this is very true oreg

>i believed you. i beLIEved you.

>a anime pro

Ah i've been meaning to watch Monster, it's sounds really cool

I'm the opposite, probably watched 50 animu's but feel like I hit all the best stuff right away

it's here, Monster is one of my all time favorites because it's so faithful to the source content, but a lot of younger people say it drags or that the pacing suffers
I think the strongest aspect of the anime is its incredibly diverse cast of characters, all relatable to some extent
hell, who isn't likable besides maybe Eva?

My argument is that you haven't watched as many as you claim.
If you did, earnestly and not simply binging, you should have had an revelation. Because that's what happened to me.

Well, that's under the assumption you're as analytical as you claim, maybe you aren't as I am.
I which case I can't blame you for being an intellectual inferior.

it really comes down to what you watch, shonen and harem are deathtrap genres and quickly lower your opinion of the medium because of how much garbage is brainlessly cloned for the sake of fanservice or cashwhoring

Agreed, I dont like Progressive but I loved Alternative

>in which case I can't blame you for being an intellectual inferior
I needed a laugh today, thanks user

I love the original NGE series, but those rebuild movies are absolute dogshit.

You do know that the animators themselves like harem anime?
You do realise Japanese culture has different appeals to Western culture?

You might as well stick to Western crap since you dislike the overtly Japanese aspects of the Japanese medium.

Attached: 1442673813602.jpg (1006x1417, 416K)

Rebuild is fucking awesome.
Dude, the timeline has a dramatic shift which coincides with his cassette player malfunctioning.

Dude, you just don't get it. It's a level beyond the TV series. It's suffering on a next level. There is no happy ending.

exceptions to the norm exist but don't disprove the norm, I don't see how the fact that harem anime clogs the media is controversial whatsoever
and yeah I'm blatantly pro-Western crap, which is clearly why I prefer visual novels over anime
'murica

Ive never been more disappointed than I was when I saw Eva 3.0. It was awful, completely butchered the Kawrou arc. Also Mari is a shit character who shouldnt even be in the series.

Agreed.
Baka Hideaki Anno.

Are you retarded? origano
Agreed

Attached: kenshiro cry.png (224x351, 74K)

You just replied to me with both are you retarded and agreed lmao which is it

Uncultured swine.
Japanese like harem anime, it's not frowned upon in Japan, yet somehow Americans think what they think of it is what the Japanese think of it.

Your Western values do not apply, go watch American crap, you will never see a harem ever, you will be in peace forever.

Attached: 1452869978679.jpg (600x405, 62K)

How dare you reply to me
freak

Attached: stop varg.jpg (762x464, 114K)

Fpbp
Originally commento

I... what?
How are you even remotely getting those conclusions from what I'm saying?
Overabundance of harem and shonen=bad
harem and shonen =/= bad

The time-shift and cassette malfunction happens exactly when Mari is about to crash into Shinji.
Mari is a foreign particle in the system!

Watch 2.0 more, analyse it more, then Q (3.0) will make much more sense.
It's about everybody expecting you to do something, so you do something, you follow your dreams, only to destroy the world.
Maybe you haven't been through that in your life.

It's a common opine held by Western 'fans'.
I guess you're an outlier.
Never mind it, then.

>stick to western crap
[pukes in throat]
>since you dislike the overtly Japanese aspects
Not him, but aside from niche american and slavic shit, the japs are the only ones who cater to my interests, and there's no other cultures that really do, but as a character-fag (character

Attached: yurihoukoikoro.jpg (777x1087, 424K)

exactly what this user said, I just didn't feel like elaborating as much

I used to dislike harem as well, and it's really hard to say why I don't anymore.
It's something of an enlightenment.

I realised something, then it all just clicked, it all made sense.
Can't explain it so won't try.

Attached: [GS] Walkure Romanze - 11 (BD 720p 10bit AAC) [A0F06FFB].mkv_snapshot_11.10_[2016.12.07_06.02.53].jp (1280x720, 145K)

Q (3.0) is about living in a world with: one group of people that hate you and the other group of people that just want to use you.
The only person that really tried to help Shinji was Rei, and despite his efforts, she didn't make it.
Rei Q appears to have lingering emotions about that event (since they have shared memory, as I recall) but Shinji doesn't notice.

It basically destroys the happy ending of the TV series.

A fair amount of people dislike Q, but I would say it's like MGS2, in that, the people who enjoy it understand the change it was going for and the people who don't simply wanted more of the same thing.

Attached: 43650483_p0.jpg (680x811, 464K)

Only the Tatami Galaxy is at the same level

I didnt want more of the same, I just wanted Eva to be left as it is. It doesnt need sequels or remakes or spinoffs, it had a fantastic ending with EoE and the franchise should have ended there.

Havent seen it yet, I should tho

You could just not watch it.
I enjoy rebuild so I want it to exist.

With it existing, I can watch it and you can not watch it.
Nobody loses.

Attached: 1446105452573.jpg (500x283, 48K)

Thats my plan, I have no interest in 4.0 and Im just not going to watch it

AOI KARASHI NO HANABIRA GA
KAZE MO NAKU YURETE 'TARA
BOKU NO TAMEIKI NO SEI DE
OBOETE 'NAI KEDO KITTO SOU SA

Attached: 1529432219990.jpg (746x541, 43K)

>walkure
Isn't that a Macross Delta thing?

That's cool.
Honestly though, a very NPC response, so many others have said exactly what you have said.

The Japanese philosophy of 'mono no aware' and 'wabi-sabi' would help you understand so much but it seems you're content with being part of the in-group.

It's German for Valkyrie.

Next time you reply to one of my posts,
I'll personally send firing squad, to where you live.
"" rude insults "" "" Emoji "" "" faggotism laugher ""
I warned you.

The only good part about FLCL was Mamimi because she taught me its okay to be a depressed loser that everyone hates with no hope for the future

Attached: 15827303476.gif (300x300, 1.83M)

Gundam universal century series/ovas exist

If you're an attractive girl