Fifth driving lesson (ten hours)

>fifth driving lesson (ten hours)
>still stalling
>still totally unable to pull up by the kerb
>still braking either too harshly or too softy
>still haven't tackled mini-roundabouts, let alone normal roundabouts or dual carriageways

Anyone else know this feel? Who else /hopelessdriver/?

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 54K)

Failed my drivers licence 6 times, so ye ik that feel mang

>kerb
wow op

Attached: IMG-0284.png (744x1311, 357K)

wait very sorry i never knew curb was spelled differently in other places but yeah youre pretty fucked if you cant handle that elementary shit

Attached: IMG-0286.png (1422x915, 447K)

>Kerb
You know it's spelled "curb" right? No wonder you can't drive, you don't even know what basic parts of the street are called

>22
>told my parents I signed up for driving lessons
>I actually didn't and keep putting it off
should've gotten it over with when I turned 18, there's always an excuse to procrastinate on it when you get older

Attached: 1537711745385.jpg (699x480, 36K)

Your parents are supposed to be the ones that teach you

I passed at the 4th time user, i was also very bad, did like 45-50h of lessons.
comparing myself was the worst thing i could have done, it makes you feel useless and do even worse, best thing is to ignore others and just keep trying because you WILL end up driving like a normal person, it just takes a lot of time, money and energy

Same situation you are in but I'm only 4 hours in. I'm not even allowed to handle stick yet.
My instructor is a total tool yelling at me like I'm some dog but then at the end of the lesson he acts all buddy buddy telling me I've improved despite bitching at me constantly for 4 lessons.
I'm not even into cars or anything, I'm just trying to get this so my mom doesn't have to walk a shitton.
I dread going into every lesson and I feel whatever confidence that is left within me just utterly shatter as soon as he speaks up. For the first time in my life I've felt my whole body vibrating like crazy from the tension this guy and th traffic puts me in.
I don't really feel like I'm improving at all after 4 lessons and I feel like shit and this costs an assload of money.
Worst part is that this guy is recommended by everyone I know including my siblings for being able to teach really well but I'm slowly doubting his teaching skills if it means shitting on me for a whole hour 2 times per week. I hope it gets slightly less nauseating from here on out.

Attached: 1530200961131.jpg (362x361, 51K)

Yeah I hate that I'm constantly comparing my progress to others'.

I know I shouldn't but I'm going to do just that right now - how many hours did it take you to master the basics? When did driving 'click' for you?

Also you a burger or britbong?

It's okay, bro. I failed my test twice. After about 6 months of practice. Mostly because of fears and nerves that my shit instructor felt was "effective teaching". Once I calmed down and decided to enjoy the experience instead of criticizing myself, things got a whole lot better.

I think you're a lot like I was and are beating yourself up and psyching yourself out too much. Think more simply. Don't try to be perfect. And give yourself room to correct mistakes. Praise yourself for little things because everybody starts somewhere.

>DMV closes at 5pm
>get called for driving test at 4:55pm
>driving test examiner is visibly annoyed and wants to go home
>instructs me to drive around the parking lot once and nowhere else
>pass the test and get my license
>i didn't even know how to turn on the wipers

Attached: 436362513513.jpg (379x364, 20K)

here. I had a douchebag instructor who yelled at me for the majority of our lessons. I could not drive right if he was in the car and I didn't pass until I got a new instructor who was just the nicest guy ever who happily gave out tips (which the other dick did not do because he thought screaming was more effective for me). Don't be afraid to see if you can get a new instructor because it might not always be you.

>failed test 4 times
>parents told me to quit driving school

Can't afford to pay for that shit myself without a real job. And I won't be getting a real job before I'm 25.

Attached: 1538031200240.png (1280x720, 688K)

I still stalled on my last lesson, the one you have with a policeman in your car. It's no problem, even my dad who drives every day for I don't even know how many years still stalled a few times. You'll get the hang of it.

Do you have a parent or a older relative or sibling that has a car and can drive you to a empty parking lot or something where you can practice taking off and braking? In my case it was my brother that taught me

>Doing motorcycle license
>Litterally 3 lessons before instructor even takes me on the road
>Stalling all the time
>Shitty bike only has a kickstarter so it's fucking exhausting to stall 3 times in a row
>Still manage to finish my license and didn't even fail the test once
There's hope user. You might need a few more lessons than everyone else but you'll eventually do it.

>22
>can drive perfectly well
>refuse to cause of my crippling anxiety and disassociative issues

Anyone else know this feel?

Watch some tutorials on youtube, those videos can give some neat tricks sometimes and goodluck I believe in you guys :)

You'll get there, OP. LUL

man I had almost 20 driving lessons and I'm starting to give up...

>unqualified people should teach you how to operate a 2-ton vehicle on public roads

Attached: 1538857363389.jpg (641x530, 41K)

Dont actually try to even out the clutch with the gas pedal when releasing, find the sweet spot where the clutch starts grabbing the flywheel (you will feel the engine working differently, not that even) when you feel it stop releasing the clutch for a brief moment and add a little bit of gas and then proceed to fully release the clutch but still carefully. As for braking just start braking sooner and gradually increase the pressure on the pedal, judge the space beetween your car and the obstacle in front of you and slowly push the pedal in or release it slightly if you think your velocity is not okay. The most important thing is to stay calm, i know its difficult but think and try again without stress.

this is honestly the right way, I found this out on my own during my lessons, as what the instructor told me (evening out) didn't work.

Also when braking because there's a obstacle in front such as a car sitting on a red light, you can gradually down shift while slowly braking, that way you'll also brake with the engine, but that could be classified as an advanced tactic if you can't operate the clutch properly yet

I'm nineteen and I plan to never drive. One little slip could cause death and or serious injury to people along with a huge debt and prison time on me.