Both my parents are dentists and are forcing me to become a dental nurse

Both my parents are dentists and are forcing me to become a dental nurse

Do you think it's gay for a male to be a nurse?

Attached: 1541446916709.png (640x640, 543K)

You mean a dental hygienist, moron?

I'm in CS and it's like 90% guys. In the nursing school next to us I see like 1 guy per 20 girls and probably most of them are gay.
But ey user you do you

No I mean a literal nurse. The person who decontaminates the equipment and assists the dentist

Yeah, fag lmao

Attached: y o u f u c k i n g b i t c h.jpg (1366x768, 41K)

Thanks, that's pretty much what I feared

It sounds like your only shot at being a normalfag. I would take it. These days, it's usually your family who gets you a job.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (479x550, 47K)

Nursing student here and can confirm (except fags in nursing aren't as common as you might think), but dental nursing seems fucking stupid

If you don't wanna, you shouldn't.

I don't really have much choice. My parents support me financially and I live at home. They're threatening to stop supporting me if I don't do it
>dental nursing seems fucking stupid
It is fucking stupid and gay. But it's the only decent job I can get and that's because my parents are pulling a few strings

My suggestion would be to get into OMS nursing. They do a lot of surgeries that are really interesting and aren't just getting people's teeth cleaned.
You should look it up and shadow sometime because I bet anyone would like OMS far more than general dental nursing

Thanks for the advice, user. I'll look it up

No. It'd only be gay if you find yourself attracted to your patient(male).

Not at all. I work in a hospital and almost half of the nurses there are men.

This is a golden opportunity. Your parents could easily help you find a cushy starting job if you study in their field. You gotta work those connections user

Fair point. I should stop being so ungrateful

So a dental assistant.
It is a female dominated field, but nothing wrong with that.

>not wanting to be a cute nurse on high heels so male patients would look at you and want you
what are you, cishet?

Yep sorry, it's scientifically gay.

You can accept it and bow down to all the indian and chink dentists or be a chad and fucking get those grades up so you can be a dentist

See this is the sort of thing I was worried about
I've no idea what the uniform would be like, probably gay as fuck

Do they think you're too rarted to be a real dentist like them or something?

Attached: MANGOG.jpg (875x916, 351K)

Go for it, there is nothing gay in working in a woman-dominated field.
The socialization you will get with them in school will eventually help you further in life, plus you will have a correctly paid job (which is rare nowadays).

If anything, he'll stand out as a male applying. Anything that makes you different from or more memorable than other candidates is a good thing when finding a job.

Dental Assistants are horribly gender segregated. Think back to every time you went to a dentist and count the number of men you saw that weren't MDs. There are some jobs men just can't get into.

It sounds like he lives at home like a neet. To be a dentist you do 4 years of udpnder grand then 4 years in dental school getting a doctorate. Plus then internships and building your practice. It is not something you can start later in life, and if you dont have the drive (ie neet) you would never finsh.

Well yeah pretty much
This is accurate

Thanks Anons. I thought you'd all just call me a faggot but you've actually been quite encouraging

Why tf not become the actual dentist?

Because of exactly what this person said

You would just wear scrubs friend

The only problem is being a robot in a female field
It usually doesn't cause me problems but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more uncomfortable here

Long story short a job I had I knew about 2 to 300 nurses. Theyre very slutty and dtf if youre decent looking. Just remember theyre not faithful, majority were in serious relationships

it's not a female field though. most of your work is done alone and sometimes with 1 dentist. i would bet you're too retarded though, robots shouldn't be anywhere near real humans.

Dentist here. Its not gay to be a male nurse. In fact I can really push and motivate my male nurses without them bitching causing me to be much more productive. If I push my female nurses they cry or get moody. Then bitch.
The world needs more male nurses, and employers / dentists will love you.

If you don't mind looking at peoples mouths and their rotten teeth, using that vacuum thing to remove saliva from their mouth and other assistant work, why not. Maybe you'll get lucky and the dentist you'll work with will be a qt. So many qt dentists out there.

I'm talking about general nursing you fuckwit

Don't worry about it. My job is way girlier.

Attached: billergenderratio.png (1314x275, 25K)

user
]>male in allied health here
>work with literally 100% female
>all of them are nice and friendly as hell
>get paid well
>inside in the a/c and have comfy office chairs
>can be on phone all the time
>all of them know I'm not gay and even if they did think that who cares they don't exist in my life outside of work

who cares user the only reason you don't see men in healthcare/dental care is because they think exactly how other user's think. It pays well and at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. also..

>female cops
>female doctors
etc etc the world is different these days if you want a macho job get a construction job with a bunch of degenerates who dip/smoke and smell like shit and break your back before your 30.

Teaching's a female dominated field too, but you don't consider all of your old teachers from high school to be fags, do you? Take the opportunity to make money and benefit from your parent's success and establish yourself in the working world.

No not really any dental career is pretty good imo