11 year old niece is half white, a quarter black, and a quarter Mexican, and has a skin tone similar to this image

>11 year old niece is half white, a quarter black, and a quarter Mexican, and has a skin tone similar to this image
>Currently being raised by all white people
>After talking to her a bit about people in her class and about their races she completely thinks of herself as white
I'm not even sure what to say to her. How the hell do I explain to a small brown girl that she's not white when she identifies as white? I would have thought she would be old enough to understand she's not white. I'm not sure I should even say anything since I feel like I might make her feel ostracized from her family since she's not white.

Attached: 1541122528831.jpg (960x960, 108K)

just let her figurere it out by herself, i mean fuck, i have blonde hair and blue eyes but my dad is hungarian and i considered myself mongrel asian in my high school Jow Forums days kek

I don't fucking know, but I guess the best thing you could do is tell her that race doesn't matter that much so when fucking shit hits the fan and she realizes she has grown up in a group she doesn't really belong to racially, she won't mind. Just tell her that culture is how one is brought up is times more important than the race one is born with and that it doesn't fucking define her. although race collectively is an important factor and certain races have certain peculiarities that define them as groups from others lol

Attached: 1540959678973.jpg (720x540, 45K)

who on earth would mix that non-sense game overwatch with the masterpiece that is Nier automata?
Anyways I know this is bait but if you idealize whiteness so much shouldn't you appreciate someone wanting to be white no matter what they are? Shouldn't you appreciate the whitening of other races even if you belive in the one drop rule?

I don't idealize whiteness. Where did you even get that idea? I just think it's crazy that she's like transracial or some shit because she was raised by white people and I'm not sure how to approach the issue of her not being white.

I fail to see the problem. Why are you trying to gate-keep your niece out of "whiteness"?

if you are racist enough to claim that being mostly white is not white enough then how are you not racist enough to idealize whiteness.

A girl I went to HS with was the only asian girl in our small town in texas and I guess she thought she was a cholo because thats who she hung out with lol

Attached: cholos-girls.jpg (480x360, 15K)

She's pretty dark dude. I'm half Mexican and have lighter skin than her and I don't even consider myself white.

My sister is fully white and people ask her if she's black all the time. I don't even think her skin is dark, she's just tan. there are such wide ranges of skin color within any individual race that it really doesn't matter.

it does matter with blood transfusions and with the predictive validity of polygenic tests

skin color has nothing to do with blood transfusions, doctors just have to know the blood type of the donor and receiver.

Lol white people are truly clueless to nonwhite life

Nobody realizes they are not white until the world tells them. That's better said as no one recognizes they are "other" because race isn't thought of, you know people (family) look like you but you also know everyone on tv is white so you identify with it all you don't know there's a real distinction. I didn't know until i was 5 or 6 and me and my little brother got followed around a store. My parents saw in the parking lot and confronted the guy and listening to the conversation I had the mind blowing "oh shit I'm not white" moment, it's one of those moments you realize your world changed, like when you first find out everyone dies.

I said all that to say if she's already 11 and hasn't had her ____ wake up call then there's a good chance she's going to end up self hating, that's why it's important for nonwhites raised by whites to have nonwhite people in their lives

Race does matter, people are more likely to accept blood donated from people of the same race. Look up campaigns they do that try to get more black people to donate, for example, because they don't have enough black donors to treat all the black people who need donated blood.

Maybe I just haven't lost enough blood to notice this but since when do doctors tell people the information about who donated the blood they are receiving? I thought it was literally just stored in bags as A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+, AB-,O+, and O- and nobody cared where it came from?

i'm not sure as I never have donated blood, and i never received blood. I do remember seeing advertisements from like the NHS in Britain encouraging blacks to give more blood because their was a shortage. Maybe it's because some races have greater relative proportions of some blood types. I know, for example, that Amerindians almost exclusively have O blood type

Black blood can more easily be used for anyone that's why they want more of it

This is a large part of my concerns. The other people in the thread like to go on about how she's white because genetically she's half white but people aren't going to judge her after testing her DNA, they're going to judge her instantly by her skin color.

Normies don't judge girls on race, they just mention race as a conversation topic so that they can get into their pants.

>a quater black
>a quarterback
>lol dog.

Attached: 2017-09-10 05.03.27.jpg (150x200, 15K)

Show her pictures of White girls. DNA tests etc.

IM SOO BLACK QUARTERBLACK

>they're going to judge her instantly by her skin color
Like you're doing? I don't get why you're so determined to be part of the problem.

i used to think i was white when i was 11 because i was 100% culturally western and thought if you were born in the country you were basically 'white' (also the fact that i was pale-ish as a child and became darker in puberty)

you eventually just realize that you're not white

Cholo girls are so fucking hot. I wish I wasn't such a dork.

Why do you feel the need to tell her? She'll figure it out eventually and you're not doing her any favors by breaking it to her as the weird uncle.
My siblings and I are 3/4 white and 1/4 black and we all basically think of ourselves as white, even my brother who is fairly dark skinned. We understand that we "technically aren't" but it's really no big deal at all that we think of ourselves in that way.
Like other anons have said, race is largely a social construct. All your insisting that she isn't white will do is give her some intense imposter syndrome.

>nigs think they're white
>complains about imposters syndrome

And he's surprised he ended up on r9k

I've never been called a nigger before. Thanks for validating 1/4 of my identity, user.

You have just not to your face because you are the nigger mascot in the group

More specifically, most medical institutions need people to donate bone marrow for people with leukemia. This is especially difficult for people of mixed race heritage with the cancer, as they need a donor with a similarly mixed heritage as well.

race is not a social construct, society is a racial construct. Race is a genetic population cluster of individuals with similar common ancestors

Describe her body
Does she have a bubble butt
What else
Pics would help
This is a very serious matter

Actually, two of my roommates are nonwhite and were talking in front of me about how weird it is attending a majority white university in the south. They then apologized to me as if to say 'not you, though. You're one of the good ones".
Anyways I don't have any friends to yell racial slurs at me so why does it matter.

Attached: 1523214943413.png (509x411, 17K)

If you are 1/4th African American, then that means that you are in all likelihood only 1/5 black and 4/5 white, because African-Americans are around 20% white on average.

My mom's white and my dad's Dominican. He did an ancestry test a while back and is half sub saharan African half European, thus I am 1/4 white.
Is it really so hard to believe that I look White and everyone I've ever met has just assumed that I am?

>Describe her body
Standard child body with no sexual characteristics. Thin, a bit tall for her age.
Really, I don't think there's much to describe when it comes to a child's body. They're pretty much all the same, right? Since they haven't had a chance to develop yet.

Shut up nigger coping jfc

I'm 1/4 Indian (south asian) and many people have called me white, or get surprised when I bring it up (which is rare, as I feel I usually have no reason to). It's because people just subconsciously group you with the race you most closely resemble phenotypically, especially if your name origin is consistent with that categorization

shes 11 years old you fucking polnigger leave her alone and stop shoving your dated pseudoscience down her throat ffs let her be a child

This. Just let her be a child and she'll figure herself out when she grows up. No need to force your autism onto young, impressionable minds.

>Nier Automata and 2B's influence is so widespread that other characters from other franchises wearing her outfit is actually pretty common in fanart

Best timeline

It's too bad automata's story was shit compared to the first game. At least we got 2B ass and decent gameplay to make up for it.

yeah, dont tell her. im nonwhite and its not that I eventually 'realized that i wasn't white', thats a shit way to put it. what i realized, is 'the implications of being nonwhite', specifically black, and all the societal 'trappings' that come along with that.

i feel like 'realizing that you're not white' and 'recognizing the societial implications of being perceived as black' are different things

I try to be real with her though. I've told her straight up that shit like Santa and God don't exist.

the story was fine. It went out of it's way to avoid retreading the same ground as every other "robots develop sapience" story, and focused widely on philosophy. A decent plot about Nihilism and the meaning to life. told as confusingly as every other Yoko Taro game.

Shut up faggot pretentious little bitch I phrased it the best way for a bunch of retards on r9k to understand, they have no clue or even believe what you said it's too advanced

Don't listen to people with zero life experience or even less with this particular subject matter. Don't tell her what she isn't just show her culturally enriching things about what she is as well (Mexican/black). You're on Jow Forums so I'm not confident in your ability to do this but that's how Ive dealt with people like this

Who cares you god damn faggot, let her be.

lolwut. I wasn't criticizing you, goddam sperg.

post pictures pIz
:3

Yea agreed, stop spergin OP.

I am honestly suprised at how much replies this thread has to an issue that really doesn't fucken matter. She's 11 years old, and will learn soon enough what race she is. And when she does, she will more than likely not give a shit because her friends at school won't ostracize her for having tan skin.

user, ain't no one in the world is going to go, "Nah, man. Don't give me that blood." They don't even label blood here in the U.S. with the race it came from. Do they label blood by race where you live?
Then you're speaking out your ass. No, they don't label blood by race. The doctors don't know who the hell it came from when they use it. Fuck.

For a more serious answer, you completely misunderstood that advertisement. Blood isn't labeled with a race. Those advertisements were just targeting a group who are less likely to give blood. The shortage of blood is regarding everyone, and they're saying, "Hey, we notice your ethnic group/race doesn't donate blood. You should help out, and donate blood since you use the blood from the same blood banks as any other race." I can't believe you're stupid enough to actually think they needed 'black blood' or some shit.

literally a retarded person is posting this

>"hey there kid just letting u know ur not white n u never will be, hehe just tryin to be real with u :^)"

thought this was going to be a /tv/ thread at first
a little disappointed

Honestly, if they're genuinely autistic, I take back calling them stupid because then I might could see how they came to that conclusion based off such an advertisement. That's the only exception though. If they aren't autistic then, yes, they're dumb as fuck.

Looks white to me.
>transracial or some shit
Why are you so obsessed with putting people into boxes anyway? What does being black or white even mean to you?

OP, it doesn't really matter if she thinks she's white, society is more cultural than racial, she'll realize she isn't if she even cares.

You Burgers really do care about race huh.

Weird fucking people.

>race is a social construct
t. literal 56% amerimutt

I dunno man, she's more white than either of the other two races, so what does it matter? Most of us had our innocence taken from us at an early age, much earlier than that, there's no reason for her to lose hers before she begins to menstruate.

Attached: listen as hard as you fucking can.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

>her friends at school won't ostracize her for having tan skin.

t. Clueless white, likely a foreigner

I'm more curious to see what she identifies with when she does realize she's not white. Also if she'll have any racial sexual preferences later on. Yes I know she's 11, but 11 year olds eventually become 18 year olds.

>mostly white
>growing up in white culture
>she's not white tho
also race is dumb, who gives a shit what you are

you're not her goddamn parent you autist.

>more white than any other race
>raised by whites
>retarded anons one drop rule is enough to convince him to post this retarded thread

tell her all americans will be mutts like her soon enough

I've been here since 2006 and this thread just highlights how fucked and skewed Jow Forums can make you.

Race is not a culture you mong. If she says she's brown she's automatically what culture now? You are dumb as fuck.

>be clearly brown
>call yourself white
>think anybody will consider you white

Sorry niggers but this is America

It looks like a lot of black anons and left-leaning posters being triggered by the notion that people are pegged as black if they look like they have black ancestry.
It's a pretty innocuous thread that would warrant at most a "yea she's a quarter black 3/4 white" if so many minorities weren't so touchy about being identified as XYZ non-white. Bunch of people downplaying race in general but the tones of the posts says it all really.

La creatura de ustados....

>ustados

Ostracise her from her family and then fuck that sweet mongral lol pussy OP

>complete gobblygook gibberish that means absolutely nothing
Good contribution now kys

Pic related is white enough to pass and besides as other anons have noted you are retarded if you think a girl who is raised by whites can't essentially be white culturally. Benjamin franklin thought Germans weren't white. You better be ready for another radical redifinition of whiteness once your country becomes spicified.
It is, at the end of the day, a social construct. Fight me Jow Forums

kys tumblrfaggot

the pic on OP would be seen as an exotic girl. a Hispanic girl at 'worst'

yes you can be 'white' in behavior. for fucks sake im a nonwhite that's 'white' culturally. but I will never truly be a part of white culture, or be seen as white, because I am not white. I don't really have much issue with that to be honest, I'm not desperate to be a part of white culture or to be seen as white, but I just dont like to live in fairy tale land.

Why do you need to explain it to her at all

>half white + quarter mexican which is half white itself + quarter black which means 1/4 white in America
Sounds to me like she's over 3/4 white

>user, ain't no one in the world is going to go, "Nah, man. Don't give me that blood."
You know about all the cases of getting HIV or hepatitis from blood transfusions, right?

I guess I'm undercover. I'm mixed, but everyone thinks I'm white. I guess race is purely skin color.

post your arm
krigini

If I'm going to bleed to death from trauma, I'll take the risk. In fact, I undoubtedly wouldn't be conscious in the first place. What are you trying to say?

Transfusions hardly only happen just when you're unconscious and about to bleed to death of trauma. In fact in most cases they don't.

This isn't /soc/, but I'm pale as fuck. Pale enough I've been called cracker. In fact, some saltines are darker then me. My grandmother was Scandinavian, and passed on paleness to my mother. The only hint I have is that green eye color seen in mixed people, and that's something easily mistaken as Irish. I got blond hair too. I'm 3/4 white. My mother is 1/2 white.

So, you would refuse a blood transfusion if you needed one?

If it wasn't from a known source, yes.

Plus, outside a few rare cases, the only people I've known to get blood transfusions needed on because they were bleeding to death. You don't need to bleed like a stuck pig to die, you know. It doesn't take that much to experience hypovolemia. That can be fatal. Your body will freak the fuck out.

Does your country still do direct blood transfusions? My country stopped a long time ago.

how can you not know you aren't white lmao tyrone 9 iq

No his post made an argument, yours did not.

>tyrone9iq

kek
its even funnier when you realize that guy has legitimately 9 iq brain dead posts like white people invented slavery

You're thinking of bone marrow, you fucking tard

It doesn't, but it's also 99% white.

Oh. My old city was 99.4% white. It also had the 2nd highest HIV infection rate in the entire country. White people can be nasty, you know.

As a Hispanic I sometimes feel conflicted if I'm more white than "other"
Like, Spaniards are white right? So aren't I just white?
Should I post my skin tone for closure?

Amerimutts thinking you can be half white. Classic.

damn nigger I'm really interested in seeing how you look , now. sure u don't wanna post to soc and link here?