Finally got the 'talk.' Real neet hours

Finally got the 'talk.' Real neet hours.

>dad hobbles into my room on his bad knee
>asks me to do some of the more regular computer work
>reads me notes for shit he needs typed up, invoices and shit like that
>then says out of the blue
>'i think my body has about 5 years of this work left.'
>i just look at him
>'in that 5 years, you're probably gonna have to catch up from where you are to where i am.'
>wat.bak
>he has 40 years of experience in his work
>'you think you can do that?'
>shake my head
>'nope.'
>why not
>cant even start on how i see a world of difference between me and him in terms of work ethic and motivation
>'just dont think i can, dad. doesnt seem possible.'
>he laughs
>'well why not? its possible. you're young. young guys like you have motivation, even if you dont think so.'
>oh lord hes starting
>talks about how when he was young he didnt need tools or machines, all he cared about was getting the job done
>'id claw the ground with my fingers if i had to. thats being young.'
>he sighs
>'now even if people tell me about large huge scale jobs, i dont really care.'
>'im old. my body doesnt move anymore.'
>he gets up and starts hobbling away
>'you're gonna have to start chasing something.'
>'5 years,' he repeats. 'Then I'm done.'
>[exit Father]

Attached: 1494257828282.png (635x661, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B6iTKTp0cTk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A (((job))) is something that supports them.

youtube.com/watch?v=B6iTKTp0cTk

If you have to leave look into permaculture growing your own food. Varg has some good videos in this.
Living in an unabomber shack sounds kinda comfy.

Attached: Sunning.jpg (2878x3049, 610K)

another bit that happened.

>dad asks whatever happened to plans of grad school
>rub my head
>'dad that shits upwards of 100k...'
>hes unfazed
>cant tell if hes just pretending or what
>'100k in means im getting 100k or more out'
>'listen son, if I go to the bank and ask for a loan, I'm going to absolutely convince them that they're going to get that loan back'
>'If I did what you're doing I'd get thrown out'
>see his point
>rub my head some more
>think its totally inappropriate to equate him to a bank but not going to point out that he doesnt have 100k
>'sure dad, but i dont think you'll get that 100k back in any way. school isn't worth it these days.'
>again unfazed
>starts off on some random tale
>reiterates that hes old and that he doesnt have much time to help me
>im starting to panic at this point
>grad school in my career field is pretty much mandatory so hes not wrong
>just cant imagine putting 100k of debt on my head and letting dad promise he will take care of it despite saying hes got 5 years left
>mind blanks out

I understand that my dad can probably get the cash if hen eeds to.
And that I can take loans and just 'say' that my dad will take care of it but i just take the loans on my own head too. thats possible.
but i get so much pressure in my chest and head when my father promises me good things.
i just sort of wish he would see how worthless i am and work with that. If he said '100k? for YOU?' and laughed his ass off, thatd make more sense to me.

thats cause he lvoes you user and sees what you can be and not what you are.

fuk u user. youre lucky to have a dad like that. get off your pathetic ass and do something productive with your life. if not for yourself, atleast for your dad.

im with this user. your dad believes in you.

is that a thing that is okay to do?

okay so after some thinking in new perspectives, i admit that i kind of mentally shelfed myself to rot.

I also realize that me rejecting my fathers help is not being realistic or noble. Its just me unable to accept help or ask for it.

It kind of makes sense that I cant ask for help. Because the only people that ask for help are the ones that know their own potential but see that they cant get there.

Ive got a lot to reconsider.

your dad sounds like a decent guy

5 years is enough time to complete a university degree AND go through a graduate program in a company

>grad school is 100k of debt
What cracker-jack field do you work in? Most worthwhile PhD programs pay _you_ to do them.

thanks guys. i do appreciate you guys complimenting my dad. i know hes great.

I guess a part of me doesn't really trust him. I saw him get nasty with my mom when they were at their worst. And nasty is a severe understatement I just dont want to get into it.

I already graduated from uni with a bachelors though. The masters degree is just a recent thing where nobody in our field ever hires bachelors diapershitters anymore. But they like masters students and CURRENT masters students even more. So yeah itd be a pretty smart choice to get that job.

I just sort of have a self destructive side or total lack of faith in myself? Because I know you're reading this and going 'well seems pretty fuckin' cut and dry user, go for it'

God that is fucking depressing, I had a similar talk last night. I remember specifically my father asked, "user, what exactly do you want out of life?" and I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I just wanted to reach 30 and die so I just said "I don't know"

I don't want to disappoint my parents anymore, I love them both. I'm going to try to put some effort in now.

i know that feel all too well.

>get asked same question
>instantly visualize myself blowing my head off with my gun out in the desert, my body propped up against a joshua tree, resting peacefully
>snap back to reality
>ehh prob find a job or something right? haha
>dad gives me thousand yard stare

Well at least your dad seems like a good guy. My mom gave me the talk the moment I turned 18 and said you are too old to still be at home

Have you not explained the NEET life to your pathetic wageslave, and disabled, father? That the NEET is the embodiment of Evola's Spiritual Aristocrat, the envy and ire of Aristotle's natural slave. Lesser men wish to aspire to NEETdom, to sit atop the golden pirch amongst the pinnacle of human society. NEETs are the ones who tell the CEOs, Judges, Kings, and Presidents what to do. These inferiors know that their high stress lives leave no time for the honing of the mental skills necessary to truely lead, so they leave it to better men - the NEETs

Attached: neet king.png (409x480, 206K)

>That the NEET is the embodiment of Evola's Spiritual Aristocrat

Attached: 1540078952992.png (517x493, 48K)

Sure sure.

But the life you were born in comes with gifts, like it or not. Some are blessed with great patient fathers, others riches, others talents, others a great community of loving people, etc.

You must make work of the gifts given to you, is what I believe. Because ignoring them, shirking them, shitting on them, or just devaluing yourself outright, is a sin.

That's your bag!

I'm a jobless neet too. I quit my production job because it was making me depressed. I tried applying for other production jobs and factory jobs but none have called me. Should I cave and go work at fast food like wendys? My dad also doesn't have that much longer to live.

Attached: 1470074482266.png (1200x1097, 472K)

Factory work fucked my body up, go to school before its too late

It's just I think I'm to stupid for how the machine works and learning all the buttons and everything. I would rather be cook but I heard they teach you every position...

>go to school
I already tried that but my memory is shit. I failed the same math class three times, and doesn't help some parts the teacher doesn't even teach you so you basically have to teach yourself. At that point I just said fuck it why am I paying for school if I have to do everything myself. Not worth the 100k debt

uhh think i got jannied for some reason.

You can't make that 2nd line you posted anymore. I also got something similiar the other day. Anyways you still didn't answer my question.

Yeah I understand, I am trying now a decade late and its fucking hard. I've developed near constant anxiety and have like 3 panic attacks a day trying to juggle all of this stress with my health all fucked up. I don't know what else I can do at this point though, besides try and get on disability but I have people depending on me to provide so I keep going.

Attached: 1540143220012.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

Is your dad offering you a position at the place he works?

You might find something worth living for by then. If not, you'll have to decide if you're up for looking some more or throwing in the towel.

If factory work depressed you fast food would push you over the edge. Better to hold out for a decent job, and find a place that lets you listen to music while you work.

I wouldn't say depressed me. I just hated how management treated their workers. Pretty much slave tier. Why do you save fast food would be worse? Sure you get shitty customers but the job might be easier no?

Good luck user but I'm to stupid for school. Rather die debtless then die with debt and force one of my relatives to pay it.

Fast food is shitty boss, shitty work, and shitty customers with no marketable skills being learned and no real room to move up. If it keeps you off the street it's worth it, but otherwise it's not.

Well I have a couple more years before my parents kick the bucket, but I've been applying for jobs since June but haven't been able to land any good ones. I'm started to think I should just apply for this fast food job work their for a month and then start looking for other jobs.

keep applying, hit F5 on all your listing pages every morning, send them out like mad. other than that not much to do but wait.
And when you get an interview, dont shit the bed, dont ghost like i did. I have ghosted two interviews so far. Feels fucking terrible.

Thanks. One thing I wish I had looked into when I could have done it is seasonal park work for the big parks clearing trails and shit. A lot of the time you can live in a camp in tents with the other workers and just work outside all summer saving money.

I've been trying to do this. I've gone for two interviews and they said they'll call me in a week if they need me but never do.

I live in a desert user no parks here.

what part pardner. inland socal here.

South Nevada here

>Tfw your parents think you're some sort of computer genius because you grew up around technology like that and they didn't and they don't seem to grasp that all people around my age have the same level of knowledge as me and really the only thing I outclass them in is that I can type slightly faster.

>The masters degree is just a recent thing where nobody in our field ever hires bachelors diapershitters anymore.
What's your field OP?

Hes purposefully leaving it out because its either a meme or its a lie that you need a masters.

Your dad sounds like he genuinely cares about you and your just hellbent on being a shitty son who doesn't want to do anything with life.

From your first greentext what kind of 'work' was he referring to that you'll need to catch up with before 5 years?

>'in that 5 years, you're probably gonna have to catch up from where you are to where i am.'
>wat.bak
>he has 40 years of experience in his work
5 years is plenty of time if you actually worked at learning it.