Hello Jow Forums. How many of you here have anxiety? Do you have any ways of dealing with it?

Hello Jow Forums. How many of you here have anxiety? Do you have any ways of dealing with it?

Attached: 1532119686457.png (251x231, 40K)

Remember to breath

Attached: 160c0f9286000c56f03803856588cf2d1f6707006224561da11321ef9a580e9c_1.jpg (1080x1099, 85K)

I've been diagnosed with anxiety. It caused me to drop out of college and of every activity until I was isolated in my room. I've tried seven different meds, none of which worked.

I never go outside so people won't make fun of me for processing my anxiety autistically. The only way I know is freak the fuck out until it goes away.

Attached: 1541199579800.png (799x330, 188K)

I have anxiety, but i usually cope by start talking to people and make friends and become alpha. say hi to random people. take risks. its worth it

>i have anxiety
>except I don't actually have any behaviors that demonstrate extreme risk aversion that causes it
Haha me too I also have depression but just become happy instead.

My anxiety comes from a strong fear of dying, I'm always stressed about health and if i'm having an attack of some sort. I started doing cardio, lifting and eating my veggies because of it. I don't really feel like it helped but I'm not stopping now.
Also, don't go on pills guys, that's one big faustian deal.

I had it, alcohol was making it a lot worse.
Like when I was sober I'd start getting these irrational fears and my mind just wouldn't let go of them. I was doing mindfulness meditations all the time to try and calm myself down. Since I decided to quit alcohol entirely they don't happen nearly as often.

>any ways of dealing with it?
Just dont talk to people. Desiring friendship is primitive and subhuman.

>someone answered my thread
All smiles
Jesus, having genuine social anxiety must be a hellish life. Asking from outside, d you think something can be done to help?

Attached: 1517345415544.png (559x353, 460K)

I'm in the same predicament but I didn't get diagnosed. Nobody takes mental health seriously where I live anyway, if you're not obviously impaired they just assume you're lazy or something.

I know, I'm going back to college in February because my parents won't sustain me much longer. Fingers crossed it doesn't make me want to kill myself again, but I doubt it. I also know I won't make a single friend.

>Asking from outside, d you think something can be done to help?
I was told by a psychiatrist I was basically just on a time gate until ECT. I honestly don't know, but obvious wash your penis tier self help advice isn't gonna reverse anything. People who don't understand the limbic system fail to realize that the problems come before we can even start processing them. Telling people to be less anxious by thinking differently is like telling someone at the top of a skyscraper to fix the foundations.

Kill yourself awful poster

> Telling people to be less anxious by thinking differently is like telling someone at the top of a skyscraper to fix the foundations.
Spot on. This is why CBT is a scam.

I have it. I'm dealing with it with meds and therapy.

No thanks, fren
Yeah, scouring the web for anxiety help online is all penis washing techniques and massive ciclejerks of backpatting.
>ect
does that even work or is it some last resort thing?

Only when it come to things like intimacy, approaching women or school.
I deal with it by ignoring it.

anxiety and depression are 2 different things

I had it pretty bad up until April.
I went on medss until June and then it went away after a while.
I still get feelings of a panic attack coming on, seemingly at random, but don't really experience them anymore.

this is relevant why?

Does risk aversion causes your anxiety ?

That's true. I remember reading in one of alan watt's, THE cool zen uncle, books that anxiety was rooted in the future and depression was rooted in the past (or something along the lines). Dunno how generally true that is, but it a nice thumb rule.
Isn't anxiety basically extreme risk aversion of a certain kind?

Attached: 1535464542325.jpg (720x720, 54K)

Get a lobotomy then
CBT has been proven to help

Attached: LCCR-Face-Transplant-Suicide-Article.png (1600x800, 588K)

>anxiety and depression are 2 different things
No shit, anxiety is even more of a laughable, make believe, meme reddit disorder
you just need to go out and get over it
Usually used as an excuse to do nothing by work dodgers and special snowflakes in general

Yes. Anxiety is this cycle:
>receive overly negative response from stimulus
>associate stimulus to the negative experience
>avoid stimulus like a normal person avoids things that cause physical pain
>become more afraid of stimulus as avoidance has stigmatized the experience

>you just need to go out and get over it
Yeah, like that wheelchaired guy, why doesn't he just gets up and walk?

You're not wrong, but phrasing it this way just makes normalfags more sure there's nothing really the matter, because they can't see anything like a wheelchair.

I never really got any panic attacks, just my heart pounding in my chest/cold sweats/feeling sick/dread/wanting to get out or thinking I want to die and feeling overwhelmed and having trouble speaking, not being able to hide the nervousness in my voice my chest visibly exploding every second. It would come and go so often it never really felt like a panic attack I could always breathe properly I was never short of breath, it even began as soon as I woke up. Why am I so weak? Am I just deluding myself into thinking my brain chemistry is stopping me from contributing to society?

I don't understand how people can function so well compared to me, I've never taken benzos because I dropped out of higher education 3 years ago but maybe when I'm on xanax I'll see how most peoples mental state is. I'm not even sure a psychiatrist will believe me because it isn't readily apparent and so many people go on about it nowadays.

I used to think that too about anything mental, user. But after suffering from it I came to understand the need for more tact with these more etheral problems.

Attached: 1498717739036.png (401x469, 185K)

When did you start feeling anxiety?

>does that even work or is it some last resort thing?
It works if you consider killing someone and putting a new person in their place working. It destroys the connections in the brain.

I am this guy: I guess a year and some months may not be that much but it's been bad enough.

>dropped out of higher education
shit man, my SSRIs kind of got me through my final year of secondary school, but I'm trying my best to be off them now for college, hopefully I'll never need them again.
What I experience now is similar, except the intensity is extremely low, I've kind of grown to withstand it, kind of like a callus when you play guitar long enough.
Wishing you the best of luck anyway.

>Get a lobotomy then
How about instead I don't devote myself to being an easy to digest normalfag and live with my natural quirks, faggot?

Fuuck. It really is a last thing. I dont think I'd be able to go through with it, the brain is some really delicate mush.

>my SSRIs kind of got me through my final year of secondary school, but I'm trying my best to be off them now for college
Thing is my mum always told me there was no need to see a therapist or gp, she told me everyone gets anxious and she told me to breathe in and out slowly whenever "I felt it coming on". I ended up not feeling able to eat at dinner or breakfast and she kept on asking me if I was fine, I said I was because there seemed to be no way out of the cycle and the 1 year and a few months left until I finished felt like a decade and the head of sixth form told me it would be illegal to allow me to drop out if I couldn't find a place elsewhere and show him proof (mandatory education age was 18 I was only 17), he asked me if I knew what a NEET was. I didn't want to go to college or another sixth form because it involved being around people, even apprenticeships you have to be in college half the time. He asked me if there was anything they could do to help like drop some of my subjects and I said no, he looked at me like I was some entitled weak cunt.

Eventually I just started crying one morning and told her I didn't ever want to go back in, she told me my life was ruined and I said I didn't care, she said I'll end up regretting it and I never did. Last 3 years have been the best years of my life, she told me to volunteer for as little as 6 hours a week, I go on walks instead to kill time in a rural area (the only time I've been outside) so I avoid talking to the people at the shop and talk to myself (started to enjoy doing this a year into it).
I don't understand why I'm so emotionally weak, my grades were fine I had no problems finishing the work. I even get regular nightmares despite it being so long ago, usually with the people I was around and I wake up scared, if I'm reading I start to unintentionally reflect on my past memories and my mood completely changes remembering it like it happened yesterday and I feel tired and suicidal.

II like being in hot water. Like hot baths. We were amphibians once and it has an objective effect.

Even working in a stressful kitchen as a dishwasher I've been ableto handle it because of the hot taps all the time.