Is anyone else fascinated by the fact that society runs on autopilot? You can always count on the stores being open...

Is anyone else fascinated by the fact that society runs on autopilot? You can always count on the stores being open, that food can get delivered to your house, that internet and electricity will be there, that the businesses and schools will do their thing, that the entire structure of the world is insanely predictable each day?

If someone quits their job or suicides away, the role they played is virtually immediately replaced by someone else.

No single individual matter at all, just none. They will be replaced, and people will deal with their death or change of mind or career path.

How does this make you feel?

Attached: dVRv8O3.jpg (990x1004, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F3kz4AUHe1M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we live in a society

oggggsad

makes me feel vulnerable

I have similar thoughts sometimes.
Like tomorrow is November 7th, 2018. This date has never happened before in the history of the universe. How the hell does anyone know what they're supposed to do?

There's nothing I can do to stop it. Makes me feel powerless.

Because the vast majority of people just do whatever everyone else is doing, or what they've always done. Minor changes here and there, typically in less than extraordinary circumstances by less than extraordinary means, snowball on a grand scale and, over time, propel civilizations forward.

And then every now and then there's a big ass war or Black Death or Hun invasion.

We like predictability and routine. It's what keeps civilization going.

>This date has never happened before in the history of the universe
Imagine being this retarded.
>not knowing there are infinite days identical to this one in every way

If you could stop it, would you?

Attached: 1391294223304.jpg (640x480, 68K)

i often think about how easy it would be for somebody to you kill or for you to kill somebody else, but it's people's will to live that keeps us all going along. similar feels to this lad

youtu.be/F3kz4AUHe1M

it is kinda crazy to think about sometimes
everybody with their bunch of tasks they gotta complete, places they gotta be, roles to fill
I love eating somewhere with a bunch of foot traffic and thinking about people and whatever shit they might have going on

When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and you're life is just to live your life inside the world.

Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family, have fun, save a little money.

That's a very limited life.

Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use.

Once you learn that, you'll never be the same again.

Attached: IMG_036.jpg (4032x3024, 1.06M)

I'm gonna add to this
You ever notice how when you talk to people who live really cool lives, or are at least always doing shit and telling cool stories, are generally at least a little out of touch with stuff?
I mean most of the time they're pretty affable and can hold a conversation about pop culture and stuff, but at the same time they really only know enough to grease their way through conversation.
But when any 'real fans' from whatever they're talking about come out, they get lashed with trivia knowledge or other gatekeeping schemes as the uncool-but-suddenly-'better'-than-the-cool-guy gets more and more high on the feeling of being cooler than the cool guy, at least in the eyes of his peer group

I'm not quite sure if I'm coming across the way I want to, I'm starting back up after a 2 week tolerance break so I'm good and buzzed right now, but I'll try to see this through.

What I'm getting at is that the more fully you experience life, the less time you have to read about other peoples experiences, at least in the sense of comparing yourself to your direct peers.
I feel there is some distinction to be made though because you can be the guy traveling constantly and staying on vacation your whole life, but also read constantly while on planes and have loads of trivia knowledge or be a history buff.
Oh shit, I think what I'm getting at is that the more you get to that living the dream lifestyle the less you spend time on social media drivel designed to make you feel insecure about stuff you don't have.

This user is wise.
Complimentary: why people choose to live incities? It's crowded more expensive, noisier. But that's why other people are, because that's where the jobs are. And yet it's not that great quality of life. But humans do like cooperating with others and at least seeing others. Such simple apes lol

Its not a better quality of life, to you.
That's the difference, where you see tranquility and peace in the solitude, other people are just fucking bored.
There is also generally a much healthier population of out and about young people that are also generally the types that flock to cities, so of course they're going to get together in bigger and bigger groups until you've got shit like LA and NYC.
I'm not saying I agree with it, I've lived in a city of ~3 million and a town of ~15k, now ~20k and its easy to see the ups and downs of both.
I never used to have to drive 15 minutes to get anywhere I wanted to be, but I also never used to be able to get any peace and fucking quiet outside of my own house.

>Hun invasion
/tttt/ is in the middle of a hon invasion right now

>How does this make you feel?
No more insignificant than usual

Based af
One of the better posts of this shit board.
Dont leave us user, and keep smoking whatever youre smoking

kek, certainly true

There are certain skill sets in this world that are't replaced as you say.

Attached: 7878765657565.jpg (400x400, 36K)

It makes me feel relieved I have no personal responsibility. I can NEET for life

Pfff, imagine not knowing about eternal return.

Attached: philosophypill.png (831x291, 86K)

This really gives me new insight on Josef Stalins quote "One death is a tragedy a million is a statistic"

I'll always be lurking, posting walls of text once or twice a week

The times you wish this site had some equivalent to Reddit gold.

Attached: free-your-mind-and-think-if-wealth-was-the-inevitable-result-of-hard-work-and-enterprise-every-woman (720x659, 130K)

Why don't you fuck back off then

It's not necessarily autopilot, it's a grand symphony of multiple people doing multiple things at once. There will always be some average Joe that has no credentials and needs to resort to a shitty food service or custodial job and in the same way there will always be the top 1% of people who own all the companies and wealth and live off the labor of everyone else. That's capitalism for you. The moment something happens to the value of our currency is the moment it all falls apart. Money makes the world go round because people think it has value even though it's just worthless paper that represents nothing. Also you're looking at this from a survivorship bias. There are plenty of examples in this world of socities that don't work all that well, even areas in first world countries that are in complete disarray. Things could be much worse but they could also be much better.

Attached: kassogtha.jpg (671x987, 517K)

Are you saying we have no free will?
We are all cogs in the machine.

I mean, the everyday mundane things you see kind of need to be on autopilot otherwise society wouldn't function properly. It's in private where everyone is different and does their own thing.

It's pretty insane how you could die tomorrow and that's the end of existence for you yet everything else will keep going and virtually nobody will care you died or even know.

You can think of it other ways also. Generally everyone is on autopilot but every once in a while something totally insignificant can happen that changes your entire life forever. Look up the story of Richard Jewell he was a dumb fat security guard working at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996 when by chance he had diarrhea one evening on his shift went to the washroom came back and a bomb had exploded near his guard post. By the next day he was on the FBI most wanted list and his entire life was destroyed FOR YEARS. He didnt clear his name till years later and never recovered from the media circus. All because he had to take a shit.

Yes, I would. If I could get the world to admit, for just one day, to admit that it feels, then yes I would.

>Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you
Actually, plenty of them were far smarter than me.

I really hate it when people try to convince the disgruntled not to change the world, pic very related.

Attached: 1541544277179.png (608x448, 204K)