Used to think british accents were cool/sexy

>used to think british accents were cool/sexy
>start watching british youtubers
>they start sounding like shit
>even the women sound awful
>can't stand british accents anymore

The fuck is this?

Attached: 1541021570540.png (1250x730, 941K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HpVhSx0fZwM
youtube.com/watch?v=oQmPALs_ii0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZvevSjrJ9ys
youtube.com/watch?v=KVmOGvQhWYE
youtu.be/WOtsxcjkuyk?t=180
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

u focking wot m8? Im focking danny g smethwick Birmingham. i will focking shag yer nan and do you in son!!

The British accent is sickening desu

They don't sound like that though, they just sound like a normal british accent but somehow more vapid and unintelligent. I honestly dont get why people give American accents shit, it's the most aesthetic choice especially the western regions

kiwi is the most based anglo accent

"""""british""""" accent. you probably just mean london.

where are you from user?
in an original commentary sense

USA arizona.

How can I tell? Is london the nasally one? That's the one that pisses me off.

>watch summer Doctor Who marathon on scifi(now known as syfy)
>can no longer enjoy british movies or shows
>watch on silent with subtitles now

Attached: 1537977160700.jpg (250x216, 4K)

youtu.be/HpVhSx0fZwM
well this is also a British accent so you really have to specify what you mean before blanket disavowing all British accents.

Friendly reminder that anyone that isn't white upper class and from Kent, Surrey, and Sussex has a shit accent.

Also
>Americans complaining about people's accent

Attached: 15392665895094916.jpg (834x554, 52K)

sometimes i can't believe that brits even exist at all. how are there millions of people speaking like retards and thinking it's normal, right this instant?

>tfw moved around he country a lot when I was young
>tfw don't belong anywhere
>tfw get bullied in england for having a scottish accent
>tfw also get bullied in scotland for having an english accent

Attached: imfine.jpg (601x508, 28K)

>Americans complaining about people's accent

Yes I absolutely am. Don't even get me started on Scottish people, they make me wish i didn't have ears

funniest thing I've read all week. Finally, you're getting British humour!

Its nice wandering throughout these boards seeing young americans overcoming their stupidity

>Don't even get me started on Scottish people
I don't blame you mate we don't even like ourselvs.

Attached: meanwhile-in-scotland.jpg (550x561, 27K)

>Don't even get me started on Scottish people, they make me wish i didn't have ears

To be fair I can agree with you there. Welsh and Irish can be alright, but Scottish just sounds like a drunk person stringing words together.

Came to the same conclusion as a British person who somehow ended up with an American accent(didn't have many friends and watched movies all the time).

For ages i was embarrased but then I realized it sounds much better, well the general american accent does, most regional accents sound retarded

The worst abomination in british english at the moment is "Haytch" for "H". I want to shoot anyone who says that, seems more popular than the correct pronunciation now especially in london. But Americans have that "on accident" shit which is almost as bad

Yeah boston and jersey accents are deplorable.

you were never exposed to brit accents and idealized it. you also started watching shitt youtubers with accents and that broke the pedestal you put the accent on. im american and met plenty of brits who i thought had great accents and were interesting cool people but you need that personal contact you moron

Brits either sound posh and like they're trying really hard to sound intelligent or like mentally handicapped chavs.
Americans sound obnoxious and fat, and all their women sound like angry moms.

Attached: grin.png (431x512, 276K)

i hate when i find a video about speculation on a game or something coming out i want and it's a fucking britbong that you can barely understand with their shitty accent, they cut their words off halfway its just awful

Which British accents are these? These are my favorites and I find them immensely pleasurable.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQmPALs_ii0

youtube.com/watch?v=ZvevSjrJ9ys

youtube.com/watch?v=KVmOGvQhWYE

>tfw from Sussex and get comments on my 'posh' accent from foreigners
My friends were chavs when I was a teenager, it doesn't make sense.

Is that one of the nelk boys photoshopped as a chad

1 is Received pronunciation (RP), which basically means upper middle class, in the south England general area. Considered the clearest and most widely accepted accent, the most commonly used in movies and tv shows.

2 is borderline Heightened RP, very upper class and used by almost nobody. One of the most common British accents used on american tv and movies to the confusion of brits.

3 is upper middle class london accent. Very close to RP

English also, heard 3 referred to as Estuary English

None of these three are "proper" RP, they all have audible provincial corruption.

For a proper elocution master's RP, listen to someone like Ian Richardson.

youtu.be/WOtsxcjkuyk?t=180

What's the best accent in the world and why is it
Australian/ New Zealander
English accents are alright aslong as they aren't from the south though.

At least you don't have a West Country accent. It's literally impossible for me to not sound like a retard

Attached: jesse-fast-show.jpg (580x386, 60K)

Start at 3 minutes, the timestamp gets lost in the embed

>i dun bleym ya meht wi don't ivan laik arrrrrselluvs
u guys are not sexy but at least you're funny
my accent is baby shit with heavy pidgin influences, i sound like a nigger, big man fucking tyrone sounds better than me (at least he's funny)

Attached: W3.jpg (280x390, 34K)