How to get better at bench press? I don't have a spotter and can't go that heavy

How to get better at bench press? I don't have a spotter and can't go that heavy

Attached: CGjwAHwy_400x400.jpg (240x240, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988970/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Smith Machine

Pushups and Dips with backpack

>I don't have a spotter

Do you work out at home?

Answer:
>number of sets
>reps per set
>current weight including the bar
>how long you've been training
>your age
>your bodyweight

same situation here bro, i have safety bars on my bench so i just lift it a few inches to those. don't use clips just in case

Neutral grip DB bench.
If its too heavy just let them drop on the floor.

No, but people at my gym mind their own business and do their routines

115lb
2ish years
130lb

at that weight, just do the roll of shame. its really not that bad. i had to do it with 345 once, it hurt, but i didnt kill myself

>walk up to a guy
>say "hey bro can you spot me?"
>if he says no, reply with "alright no problem"
>repeat until someone helps you
wow that's hard

>I go for 3-4 sets of 3-6 reps
>Im at 60kg (its shit, I know)
>Im at my second year of training, but for a long time only did a bro splits with a lot of machine use, switched to PHUL in October
>Im 23
>Last timed i checked i was 86 kg

drag the bench into the cage and use the spotter bar

Lel, fucking autist

I just don't like bothering people desu

>Fatty who does less than BW Bench
>Needing a spotter for LMAO1Plate

Just do the roll of shame you tard

Have a low rep day and a high rep day. E.g if you're doing 115lb for 3x5 then do 90lb for 3x12.
t.someone who went from 70kg to 82.5kg for 3x6 doing this method in 3 months after months of being stuck at 70kg.

>3 sets of 5 @ 115lbs
>89% of your bodyweight
>2 years experience

Why only 5 reps???

Here's what I want you to do, OP:
I want you to do 3 to 5 sets of 20 reps, 3 times a week, for the next 4 to 6 weeks.
Obviously you'll have to reduce the load. Pick a load at first that you can just squeeze out 23-25 reps, then use that for 20 reps the rest of the week.
Try to do 5 sets. Start with 3 if you have to but work towards being able to do 5 sets of 20.
Thereafter, every 4th training session, increase the load by 5%.

The reason I want you to do this, is because you clearly have no MUSCULAR ENDURANCE.
Muscular Endurance training will cause your muscles to grow more mitochondria, the organelles in your tissues that convert bodyfat into energy for your muscles. The more of them you have, the more your muscles can endure before reaching failure. High reps at lower load over time will cause this adaptation to occur.

After the 4-6 weeks of muscular endurance training you can transition back to higher loads for 3 to 5 sets of 3 to 6 reps. I'm confident you'll find you'll progress more easily.

you can roll of shame up to 100kg, maybe more. it's not like the bar'll slip out of your palms and kill you or anything

Attached: butt pizza thot.png (446x599, 581K)

Thanks

Thanks, will try it out

Thanks for the help bros, will keep this in mind

>Growing new mitochondria is an actual thing
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988970/
Thanks user, I actually learned something

It's not something Jow Forums knows or talks about because they're all so obsessed with size and """aesthetics""". It's something that runners and other endurance athletes know about but since that's all """cardio""" it's virtually a taboo subject on Jow Forums.

Appreciate it

Ask someone to spot you.

safety bars on squat rack until you get to know tour body well enough that you can push yourself without failing

just let the blood rush to your head

Are you memeing or is this legit

>and can't go that heavy
Do you guys seriously not know how to bail out of a failed bench?

resistance bands attached to each end of the barbell and wrapping under the bench.

>I don’t have a spotter

“Sorry mate could you give us a spot for a second? Cheers.”

EzPz

Do it in the power rack, and set the safety bars between the height of your chest (when you touch the bar to it) and your neck.
Fail a rep? Just exhale, let the bar rest on the catchers, scoot out from under it and deadlift the bar back up to the pins.

Is this not obvious?

>can't go that heavy
You didn't understand the philosophy and without it you can't make it.
GO PR OR GO ER

>3
>5
>70kg
>1 month properly
>25
>60kg

>banded bench without spotter
Bro