Could you take him?

Jow Forums Could you take out this 5'6 135 pound boxer in a fight to the death?

Attached: usa_today_10241842.0.jpg (3804x2928, 901K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WdsNAOp99A8
youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, manlet right hooks are the #1 giant slayer.

>Can you beat an actual boxer my dude?
Lmao no.

>tfw the heavyweight division is dead

Attached: muhammad-ali.jpg (1965x2048, 610K)

Anyone who says yes is a fucking retard. I know only one person irl that could take him without a doubt

Yes, if it's a fight to the death. If you're in a pussy ring with all the rules, would be tough.

Gervontae Davis is short for his weight class but he hits like a truck and he's too dumb to know fear, yes he would wreck me.

Heavyweight division is slowly starting to come back. Currently Fury, Wilder, Whyte, and Joshua are the top dogs and Miller, Ortiz, Parker, Joyce, Kownacki, and Parker are milling around on the outside.

No. Plus he isnt 135lbs retard, he’s 135lbs on weigh ins. Probably walks around 160-165lbs. He’d starch me before i even got my hands up

I'm 6'4 lmao there's no way a niglet could even touch my jaw. Also bodyshots don't count.

Nah it's coming back. Fury wilder had more hype behind it than anything since McGregor Mayweather

Nigga I’ve been doing Tae Kwon Do since I was 6, and I’d just Roundhouse kick spam the fuck out of that Manlet.

It’d go like this
>round house, round house, round house, round house
>attempts to step in to throw hook
>front kick
>round house, round house, round house.

He’d tire the fuck out and his belly and head would be bruised bigly. He wouldn’t last 10 minutes with me

Attached: D0EFDD60-87D8-4517-98C0-19D8784E3E99.gif (500x225, 1.98M)

>bodyshots dont count
You better make sure your kidneys know that.

To the death? Maybe..
A boxing match? Fuck no, that's Tank right there! Plus he got OVO ties, wouldn't wanna mess with the 6ix goons

yes

Attached: 600px-CBKoHDJerichofire.jpg (600x323, 44K)

What if he has a gun too?

He's just hit you in the kidneys retards, do you think boxing is like that toy game with robots and only shots to the chin hurt?

It'd be legal to kill it. I'm a better shot, and I do cowboy draw training

He’d hit you once in your underdeveloped core and you’d fold like a goddamn pool chair. Doofus.

>bodyshots dont count
They're gonna count when he hauls off and punches you straight in the dick and actually pops one of your boys. Gonna count like a motherfucker.

Good fight, shit result.

Boxing decisions are so rigged i just watch the fight then tune out if it goes all 12 rounds.

I'm 5'5'', 120 lbs and have never done any martial art... he'd kill me.

Lets see him deflect a pipebomb

>I have faster reaction times than a pro athlete

I imagine if I got the take down then I could win. I've been training BJJ for over 4 years and I'm much taller and heavier.

I could 100% get HEEM'd though

Attached: 1546148065701.png (365x318, 77K)

We're the same person, unless you're a girl

Attached: Alcoholic.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Nope. I'm a dude. Have you thought about gaining weight and learning to fight? I have... for months now. But I just can't get myself to do it.

6'4" guy here

no manlet stands a chance against me no matter how trained

Do it user, it's the most fun form of training.

Attached: 1544810512878.jpg (495x700, 31K)

5'4" 145lbs here and disabled

I used to weigh around 110lbs for like 15 years of my life. Getting Jow Forums was the best thing I've ever done for myself. The trick was to do literally anything whenever you have a chance or the drive to do it. Just knock out that one pushup or whatever. ANYTHING. Just keeping doing it whenever you feel an opportunity. Eventually it'll spin out into "proper" routines. I was also just incidentally already drinking whole milk every day for my condition. Just do it.

Yeah I used to do MMA years ago but stopped, I'm currently as heavy as I've ever been. Planning on tagging along with my cousin to Tae Kwon Do in the coming weeks just to get cardio back, then restart mma. If you do eventually take up a martial art, I'd recommend an art that isnt defensive in nature like bjj or judo. If you want to learn to fight try muay thai or kickboxing

Attached: DELET.png (775x651, 568K)

Fedor Emilianenko is 5'9 and beat 7'2 Ho Man Choi

Not him but why don't you recommend MMA instead? Best of both worlds

Oh I definitely would, but if all you want is to strike well you'll get much better than an mma guy with the same amount of time spent if you focus solely on say muay thai.

>boxer
that's a pitbull

here's your (you)
no one here could, these threads are all low effort bait by manlets to gather ammunituon against lanklets, sage.

>this thread again

Yes, providing I can get in on the legs/in a clinch

No if I can't get him on the ground.

t. 12 years wrestling 4 years bjj 6'3 220

Isn't fedor 6'1?

I can not recommend against TKD strongly enough. It's a scam plain and simple. If you want cardio go for a run, you will be way better off. I got a blue belt in bjj and wrestled in college. My brother who is nowhere near as athletic as me or in half as good of shape has a second degree black belt in TKD and is getting ready to test for his third degree. I constantly get shit from everyone about my brother the black belt and how he can whoop my ass but the only time he ever agreed to spar with me he swung his leg right up into my arms and spent the rest of the short fight trying to push me off mount while getting hit (softly) in the face. TKD is great for chubby kids with confidence issues, but for anything practical it's hot garbage.

Don't take my anecdote for it though, google "TKD vs ..." or "is TKD good for ..." and see for yourself. Don't just watch the videos of them getting their asses kicked though, go on the forums and laugh at the massive amounts of cope.

If you can't get him on the ground, you're a disgrace

>TKD is great for chubby kids with confidence issues, but for anything practical it's hot garbage.
I agree that it is not very good for fighting, but if you look at it as a regular sport instead of a martial art it is not too bad. Some TKD guys have crazy athleticism and body control. And some of their kicks are actually very powerful.

In my limited experience fucking around with amateur boxers I've learned that they are fast on their feet and a traditional wrestling stance gets you fucked up pretty quickly. You have to straighten out and keep your hands up unless you really like eating hits. I am fairly confident I could get him on the ground even if I just have to sloppily dive for his legs and scramble from there, but the man deserves credit as a professional athlete I'm not sure how long it would take me to catch him and drag him down, and for every second I am on my feet I am playing his game and taking far more damage than I can return.

>Heavyweight division is slowly starting to come back
>Fury, Wilder, Whyte, and Joshua
pic one

The heavy weight division is a joke. The fight between Fury and Wilder showed that clearly. The fight between Joshua and a over the hill Klitckho also showed that. Joshua barely pulled out the win against a dude who should have retired a decade ago. Even if that fight would have happened two years ago Joshua would have been defeated soundly.

>specific martial arts are defensive in nature
Retard, there’s no such thing as a defensive martial art. There’s people who fight defensively but that’s not the same thing.

i could take rhonda rousey and this fucker at the same time bud

No, no, you can't do martial arts just for fun. That's retarded.

Doing anything simply for fun is retarded. Anything worth doing is worth doing with the kind of intensity that saps the fun right out of it but is required to be the best at it you can be. Doing anything just for fun is already conceding defeat.

Bjj was literally made to counter big dudes on top of you. That was the purpose of its inception. If you base a style on the premise that your opponent is already beating you up its defensive in nature, sorry bud.

Oh I've no illusions about its practicality, its just to get me out of the house and meeting people again while I get fit enough to go back to mma. Seems fun too

D1 wrestler back in the day, I could take him. 5’11, 180lbs

You must be retarded so let me tell you:

Fury defeated long time heavyweight kingpin Wladimir Klitschko who was dominant for over a decade. He then lapsed into drugs for a few years but mounted a comeback winning two tune up fights before jumping into KO monster Deontay Wilder which Fury's his own admission, he needed another tune up fight before this one but whatever. Fury then dominated Wilder for 10 rounds, got knocked out in the 12th, woke up and beat the count, and fought his way out.

Wilder is uncouth but his major equalizer is his power. He has literally knocked out all his other opponents with his power alone. In the Fury fight Wilder never gave up on his power and knocked down Fury twice, a guy who was taller and 50~ pounds heavier than him. That's like asking Keith Thurman or Errol Spence to knock down Oleksandr Usyk or Murat Gassiev.

Joshua fought Klitshcko early in his pro career. Klitschko's last fight was against Fury and he fought the best fight of his career against Joshua which saw Joshua getting knocked down and to Joshua's credit he fought smart and overcame Klitschko. Even though Wlad got knocked out no fan was unimpressed with his performance that night.

Wilder's opponents have been improving every fight. Fury is still the lineal champion. Joshua has unified against Parker and has wins over strong contender Dillian Whyte and former gold medalist Alexander Povetkin. YDKSAB

Bro I love boxing too, but all our best would-be heavyweights are NFL linebackers now. No one wants to get punched in the face for shit pay.

The heavyweight division js better than ever. Joshua fury wilder

If you think that any of these fighters could hold a candle to the Klitchko brothers in their prime you are delusional.

Wlider and Fury are both low caliber heavyweights. They are the sharpest tools in a dull shed (current heavyweight division). It is nice to hear another opinion from someone who follows boxing, however I and the majority of boxing authorities do not agree with your statements, analysis is decent though. Sharpest in a dull shed.

TKD is a fucking scam
First you have to pay some randomn fuck for the expensive uniform, not to mention to pay him for teaching you.
You spend most of the days doing retarded ass punches with gook names;
>Throw punch
>HA KA SEE
>Throw kick
>TSE KU
>Spin around, scratch your balls into a kick
>SUKA KU
You literally just stand there, shouting gook words not looking any different than a preteen singing one of her favorite korean faggot band songs but instead throwing punches, kicks and spinning around like a fucking fidget spinner on a buttplug.
The fitness part of it is a fucking joke. Ever wonder why it's main demographic is upper middle class kids? Don't expect any sort of activity more demanding than a walk around the block. In fact, walking around the block is going to save you all of the big $$$ of having to pay this fucking scam, and having to pay the usual ''im a certified trainer i dont know what the fuck i am doing'', so don't expect any form of worthy training unless you are competing at the olympics or some shit
You have to buy the fucking dress $$$, and each time you 'get better' you get the privilege of having to pay for a new belt.
If you want to compete, you have to pay for the expensive ass training equipment just for a 'sport' that is literally twinks jumping around, throwing little kicks into each other until one gets a point. Basically fencing but without the swords, and for faggots.
So please pick up another sport

>tae kwon do
Lmao, traditional martials arts are ass, and you are delusional if you think you can easily time a roundhouse kick on pro athlete and boxer
BJJ beats other styles 9/10 of the time in a street fight, unless it's another grappling art. Literally just shoot a single leg takedown on a thai or boxer and they are essentially helpless.
I would absolutely wreck him. I'm 6'3, 260 and have been training MMA for a year and a half.

>a BJJ guy can't agressively go at someone with the intent of taking them down and break their limbs or choke them to death anyway they choose
I've got doubts you've actually trained ever MMA if this is what you are saying.

>I've practiced MMA for a year I know EVERYTHING

Loving every laugh

I'm at a gym with multiple fighters in the UFC and already have 2 amateur fights, one win by decision one by KO. What's your martial arts experience bud?

Most fights happen with plenty of others around though, what happens when his friend kicks you in the head and you're dazed because you've only practised without striking? Like I know bjj is good stuff but its far from perfect

I fucked your mom and beat her up lil

And if they were good teachers you wouldn't be so far up your own ass

Fair enough. Still tho, in a scenario with multiple attackers versus 1 guy, you're probably fucked anyway. Having good striking is only gonna help so much when you are getting jumped from all sides and they are probably gonna pull you to the ground and stomp you where some grappling instincts will kick in even if you are dazed. 50 yard dash is the best self defense against more multiple guys.
Up my ass in what way? In saying that grappling wins against pure striking more often than not? Royce Gracie already showed this. Or that it's way easier said than done to time roundhouse kicks on a pro athlete who is one of the best boxers in the world? You have no argument literally all you are saying is "yur dumb shut up"
Nice

Definitely agree that running is the best self defense

The part where you think you're just going to casually take a Muay Thai practicioner's leg in a fight to the death

So you are mad that I said that a BJJ would beat a Muay Thai guy most of the time. Muay Thai's guys have good clinch work but they don't train wrestling outside of trips. They don't know how to sprawl, they don't know the proper angles for when to turn their leg and escape once a single leg is locked in. They don't have the proper technique or experience to stop a grappler from taking them to the ground and once it hits the ground, the fight is over. Almost all BJJ schools train wrestling now. Just watch UFC 1, the strikers all lost since they couldn't grapple.

Is he going to hammer punch the back of my head like he always does?

>level change
>double leg
literally yes

A pure BJJ guy can't fight his way out of a wet sack.
You absolutely need useful striking martial arts to be any damned good.

Hell, BJJ is shit as a grappling martial art as well. It's only worth 1/100th of a fuck because of all of the wrestlers and catch wrestlers and judo guys who take it up because MMA has money in it.

It is a PIECE of a martial art, and the other grappling martial arts they claim they are superior too are NEEDED so that BJJ is even partially complete. That's the dirty secret of BJJ.
They steal from wrestling and complete grappling martial arts so they can apply it to it's inferior half complete martial art.
Catch wrestling, scholastic wrestling, and ACTUAL Judo are superior to it in every way.

just to be sure....

Attached: nuclkeasr launch.jpg (550x550, 36K)

>You absolutely need useful striking martial arts to be any damned good.
Define good, good from an MMA perspective? Sure, these days you need to be great everywhere if you want to be best. All I'm saying is that pure grappler still beats a pure striker almost everytime in a fight to the death.

>yeah I could totally take on this pro boxer I'm like 6'2 and I've been lifting for a couple months

Attached: image.gif (200x220, 1.09M)

Yes. I'm very large. It'd be the equivalent of a regular adult fighting a pre-schooler.

Put us in a ring and I'd feel bad but if force I'd just reach out and crush his head.

What would he do if a 6'0+ 200+ guy just tackles him?

Same is true for Mike Tyson. I have no doubt he's strong but I'm too large for him . I'd grab his arm as he swung and tear it off if I had to.

This

Fucking this. 1 swift leg kick from a seasoned Thai kickboxer and your over, someone only trained in trained bjj couldn't even get close to someone obly trained in mauy thai for a takedown.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WdsNAOp99A8

No fucking way you retard how is the grappler going to get anywhere near the striker?

>be 6'3 260 lbs
> be training at some retard MMA gym and think im the elite and top of the food chain
> Nigglet approaches
> Thisbeeasy.jpeg
> Bam left hook to the chin wobbles my ass never saw it coming
> realize why boxers wear 10 oz gloves to protect their hands
> realize there's a reason 5'6 gervonta nigglet is on T.V making mils while I'm not

>that low kick snapping two baseball bats

Attached: 1470002194863.gif (459x459, 2.6M)

The funny part about that is that since everyone left for football (which allows 53 guys on a roster), the sport itself pays dogshit compared to other sports, especially for defensive players that will never be able to negotiate money like QBs can. Even the biggest paydays are chump change like $120M broken up over five or six years, which is literally in the range of what NBA sixth men were seeing a while back.
To bring it back to boxing, fighters actually dont take hits to the head as often as football players do (unless they are incredibly terrible with head movement or are purposefully eating shots). With football, there are literally 60-80 instances of full bodyweight backed head to head contact on the line of scrimmage per game. Then theres extra contact when making open field tackles. If you compound what the top in their sports get paid against how much actual head contact and CTE risk they have to endure, its pretty clear that boxing is a smarter choice in this day and age for someone thats athletic enough to do it. Most of our best athletes are wasting their bodies on 2 or 3 year long careers in a sport with a near 100% injury risk. Its like something out of a dark comedy.

Attached: 1363510810331.jpg (1131x1600, 317K)

i weigh 250 and am average strength bench 275, squat/dl about 320. could i do it?

It's pretty easy to shoot a takedown from outside of kicking range. Also easier to takedown someone down if they are kicking. Just go watch UFC 1 plebs, Royce Gracie fucked all the strikers up since they can't grapple plain and simple.
lel

because people #onthestreet probably arent out to permanently maim you

Good luck trying to choke someone when he has his fingers in your eyesockets
Using grappling in a streetfight is asking to get your face stomped on by any of the faggots friends, its a dumbass decision.

Also: the reason bjj is as succesful as it is within mma is due to the ruleset favouring grappling. No downward elbows, no kicks when someone is on the floor, no throatstrikes. These are all things that would making going for a takedown significantly more dangerous.

What has become clear though partly due to mma is that you cant just go into a mixed martial anything fight without any grappling knowledge. You're setting yourself up for failure if you do.

>muh mma year and a half
This nigga would knock your ass out with 1 hand tied on his back lmao
metal poles are just dumb as fuck, regardless how well youve trained your shins its asking for problems

Is it fair?
>No
Yes
>Yes
Maybe

>someone who has you in dominant position cant eyegouge you even more easily than you can to them
Lel. Also those rules only really matter if the striker could stop the takedown in the first place.
>his friend just kicks the in the face
Already addressed this. You are probably fucked if you are outnumbered by a large margin and surrounded getting stomped.
Also i would just tackle Gervonta and the little guy is helpless aha

clearly you're talking out of your ass. If someone has his fucking finger in your eyesocket you know what you're going to do? get his fucking finger out before anything else, which means letting go of whatever gay-ass-hold you've been up to so far.
>muh probably fucked outnumbered large margin
Are you this daft or is this some role play shit where we pretend you cant knock a bitch out and then go for the next one faster and swifter than choking someone.

Any professional fighter would have your dumbass knocked the fuck out within seconds lmao. Fucking larping faggot

>boxers are only trained with ring rules

Attached: 575E6AB4-8C79-4F5E-8EB1-D27B6BFFBE79.jpg (1875x1889, 196K)

>all our best would-be heavyweights are NFL linebackers now
Most of which don't have the mentality to get punched in the face for a living. You have to be a special kind of person with a sadistic personality to become successful in a sport like boxing

>muh eye pokes
lel you sound like a street karate ninja youtube.com/watch?v=uKVErVDA0JA
>we pretend you cant knock a bitch out and then go for the next one faster and swifter than choking someone.
No I'm saying that if you are surrounded by multiple people who want to fuck you up, you are probably gonna get fucked up regardless of your experience. I do agree that striking is obviously better for multiple people but it won't turn you into superman who can beat up 10 people at once.
>Any professional fighter would have your dumbass knocked the fuck out within seconds lmao.
Listen man, I'm literally going to be a pro MMA fighter HW in a year or two, I've already won my first two amateur fights in dominant fashion despite not even training two years. Whether I actually make it to the UFC level is a different story, but I'm twice Gervonta's size and have much more grappling experience. He's got better striking than me( fucking obviously) but there is literally no way he can stop me from getting a hold of him and ragdolling him.

Kek we have a fucking delusional one here
>won two amateur fights
>pro mma hw fighter in a year or two

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
The setup Bas started with was a fucking choke, perfectly setup from behind. Obviously from that position it would be best to choke him out/break his fucking neck asap. However, you'll never get into that position if he plants his fucking finger in your socket mid wristle and you leave it there for your "dominant position".
Also nobody is talking about some gayass eyepokes. I'm talking about someone curving his finger into your eyesocket with the intent of taking the fucking eye out when you're busy setting up a gogoplata for whatever reason. Not the jon jones mild poking kind.

lets say you're close to setting up an armbar: you break his arm, he takes your eye.
Leaving him with a broken arm, which is fucked up, but he'll probably make a decent recovery. You on the other hand are now missing an eye.

Regardless, this "discussion" goes nowhere, fucking larping muh hw pro faggot

Ok buddy have a goodnight

Id still fuck up Gervonta tho

No lmfao... you try coming in with a low tackle youre gonna cop a knee to the head and be over, try come rushing in with a takedown up high and i could just front teep you back out of range, and even once you get me down it's a fucking fight to the death not a roll on the mats, I'll twist your balls off or bite you or something, only grappler vs only striker loses any day

if you knew anything about fighting you'd have gone for the lowkick the nigga untill his flimsly legs break. Especially because he's a boxer his stance will most likely put a lot of weight on the front leg, setting himself up for perfect disabling lowkicks, but ofcourse you're a larping faggot, wouldnt have expected otherwise on this board.

Lel why even risk the punchers chance tho? Just take him down.

>catching an uppercut from a professional boxer

>getting hit while standing on one leg by a pro boxer
I can do the same thing as u

>teleportsintoyou
heh nothing personel kid

Lel
Alright im done this arguing online shit had me more tilted than i should have been