Could it be possible that there are fat people who are fat due to thyroid problems and other genetic reasons and not...

Could it be possible that there are fat people who are fat due to thyroid problems and other genetic reasons and not because they're lazy fucks who stuff their face all day? It doesn't seem too far fetched to me

Attached: ikjusgbo.png (500x469, 475K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19202508
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29278509
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5045147/
iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/woman-becomes-obese-after-fecal-transplant-overweight-donor/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If they have a genetic problem then they should try and account for that with diet and exercise rather than use it as an excuse

Yes its possible but thyroid problems can be treated

>Mother in law has thyroid problems
>not fat
>takes medication prescribed by doctor

Most fat fucks who claim thyroid issues have just self diagnosed and won't see a professional because they know they will lose that excuse. It's an entirely manageable issue

YOU CAN FAST, SO NO.

Being fat today is more than a thyroid issue, maybe if you are 15lbs overweight but not 200lbs things walking around today.

most of these thyroid problems are caused by bad diets and being overweight for a long time

people think it's the other way around when it's not

t. they wanted to cut my thyroid out when i was 17 cause it wasnt working, i lost 120 lbs and now i have a perfect thyroid panel

I had my genes tested and I’m supposed to be 5% larger than the average person with my age and height. If I eat like the average person with my age and height, it’s not being overweight because it’s individualized based on the specific genes you have. Most of the time it’s a meme and there are lazy fucks that try and say 5% allows them to be 400 lbs which is false and that most lazy fucks just need to eat like the average person

/thread
genetics are an excuse if you are a bit chubby/overweight/fat. there is no excuse for being obese.

a better case to make is that shitty food is addicting but at the same time draining. at the same time food isnt just something you can drop and never touch again like alcohol.

it's not particularly their fault they are addicted because that is what those foods are DESIGNED to do.

a lot of people choose the addiction rather than the alternative though and thats the problem

Well, there is hypothalamic obesity, which makes you permanently ravenous. But it's rare.

Nope. To gain fat, your body needs raw material to work with, and literally the only possible source for this is food you didn't otherwise burn for energy. It would literally violate the laws of physics otherwise.

>makes you permanently ravenous
Then you should be using appetitte suppressors or even fast. If you're gaining weight with how much you're eating, then you're overeating, end of story

Only up to a point. I mean, there's
>can't drop that last 15lbs or whatever due to hormonal/digestive issue
vs
>can't drop the goddamn chocolate

Is this a before/after of the same girl?

>my thyroid bends the laws of physics i can't stop getting fat despite eating nothing I can feel a primordial being stuffing me with trans-dimensional twinkies from the depths of the void as we speak help!

Actually, yes.
Then she got worse again fuck this gay world.

Holy fuck she's pretty though

>Then she got worse again

Attached: Pierce-Brosnan.jpg (615x409, 41K)

Boomer stars are such sad, pathetic frauds

Some people do have conditions which make them more likely to put on weight than the rest of us but not to the extent of being full blown hambeasts like the ones you see in the fat acceptance cringe comps they just use what conditions they have as an excuse to be lazy

If I remember correctly, thyroid issues could alter your TDEE by perhaps 10% or so. Even accounting for a laundry list of other conditions (not counting profoundly disabling ones like Prader-Willi) you might, at most, be predisposed to being slightly overweight. Travelling to hamplanet and beyond requires some mixture of sloth, apathy, ignorance, and poor food choices - practically no-one is so doomed by their genes alone.

>Thyroid problems can defy the rules of thermodynamics

They should change their lifestyle to deal with their medical conditions then

>she apparently posted on fetlife under clevertortoise and okc under snarkface and turtlehammer

Attached: sniffascope.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

Yes.

But it's the latter in the overwhelming majority of cases.

Thyroid problems account for, at most, a 10lb differential. It's a bullshit excuse.

Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if they were the other way around?

Attached: pierce.png (1000x1133, 1.47M)

It's been covered pretty well so far in this thread. Your genes can make it more difficult to lose weight, not impossible.

Gibs sauce

People who've never been fat have no right to call out fat people struggling to lose weight to be honest.

Imagine having to eat less and have no energy for years. That's what it would take.

Yews hypothyroidism it at epidemic levels, they even changed the definition of what hypothyroidism to make the population seem more "normal" like how acceptable testosterone levels keep getting lower

Fine as fuck on the right, but honestly was a smashable fatty on the left.

Prove it.

caolries in claorir9ns out

Attached: 1547446907416.jpg (749x750, 99K)

No. I hade massive hypothyroidism for 10 years and I'm at 58kg/170cm since I can remember. Now I take medication and I lost maybe 0,5kg if at all. Been on OMAD for the whole decade, high fat and protein and my mother is a lard ass, so it's not muh genetics.

Fat people are just garbage humans. Your thyroid won make such a difference.

Hashimoto hypothyrodism is specualated to come from contrast liquids you get in hospital which basically overdose you on Iodine, which fucks it up. If you can prevent to take it in any way, try to, because once it's fucked, there is no way back and physicians will downplay it. In most cases it's only given to make their job easier, making you soon come back with a laundry list of other problems.

Last time they even lied to me, that the one I was given doesn't have iodine because they fucked up and ruined my thyroid even more, later excusing themselves by saying "Yeah, but it doesn't really matter, you can just cut it out and take medication for the rest of your life".

Fucking white coat jews.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19202508

That would just make you less and less active until you go into a coma, to be clear this is an exceedingly rare disease that your average fatso on the street does not have.

MD here. Thyroid problems give you 10 pounds, tops, and can be easily offset by regular treatment and muh genetics excuse is just bullshit.
But there is research pointing to the fact that gut microbiota is very involved in macronutrient absorption and will probably lend some credency to the "Some people eat like shit and never get fat" excuse. Less than 40 years ago people didn't believe that peptic ulcers could be caused by microbes, and today we don't believe obesity can, but I'm suspecting we'll be proven wrong sooner rather than later.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29278509
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5045147/
iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/woman-becomes-obese-after-fecal-transplant-overweight-donor/

Well research keeps finding that mice with an engineered predisposition to obesity will be obese more than mice that don't.
It's a little silly to discount that as a variable at play, even if you take individual agency into consideration.

Also that picture is like 10 years old she's probably in her mid 30s by now.

The main reason for insufficient gut microbia is a bad diet in early childhood and antibiotica killing off what good flora you have in there. That's the reason why "shitsamples" given orally, breaking up in the intestines can heal many different gut problems. This is also the reason why "probiotics" and fermented food is really healthy and keeps those un such a diet skinny.

The western (modern) diet is just absolut shit made out of everything basedbean, starting with beef, chicken and pigs been feed it, to high FODMAP and ATI cheap bread which didn't had enough time to rse properly over hours and sugar coated everthing which remains. Plus the residue medicamentation in the sewer and therefore water system, similar to the hormons from contraceptive pills will have a long term effect on consumers.

Our overlords fucked us up for short term profit and fat people are only those which haven't bothered to read into what the causes might be, so pretty much low IQ individuals.

This. Thyroid problems can be medicated. PCOS is a bitch, but it gets better with treatment, and the reduction in metabolic rate is on the order of 300-500 calories a day (so you can still avoid turning into a hamplanet by eating less)

Fermented food yes, if it's still alive (if it's in a jar, in a can, or frozen, it's been sterilized and no longer contains bacteria that can colonize your intestines.) Probiotics no. They basically all contain a single species of bacteria (Lactobacillus acidophilus) which are healthy to have but don't need to be supplemented. If you take probiotics after having taken antibiotics, you actually end up with too many lactobacilli and you slow down the return of your natural microbiome.

yes

my dad is a letter carrier that walks 90% of his route for 8 or more hours a day, his legs are fucking enormous. he takes thyroid medication and still fat as fuck. he could eat better but his diet isn't that bad, he doesn't binge eat or chug 2 liters etc.

This. And I know two people with thyroid issues and they maintain a good weight, even when it's hard for them. And even then, thyroid problems don't change you in a landwhale.

No. If you are in calorie deficit, you’ll lose weight. See thermodynamic laws.
>b-b-but muh slow metabolism/thyroids!
Heavy bodies require and heavy caloric intake to sustain themselves. It’s mathematically and physically impossible for a 300lb human body can sustain itself without losing fats in a 2000 cal diet.
>m-my genetics force me to eat 4000 cal per day or I’ll die of malnutrition!
No human body requires 4000 cal to live. It’s evolutionarily speaking impossible. You’ll have been wiped out of existence many centuries ago when famine was the norm.
>b-b-but muh liquids!
If you are full of liquids like a balloon, then you are not fat. You have a severe metabolic issue. Go to the doctor now.

Being overweight is no different from anorexia. It’s all in your head. Fatties have no control of their appetite, and their gluttony reach insanity levels. That’s why a simple task like only eating 2000 cal per day it’s almost impossible for these fucks.

Tltr: Fatties are just fucked up the head

Jesus she has great skin. At my fattest I wasn't anywhere near her size and I'm covered in stretch marks.

There are thyroid conditions that make it difficult to lose weight, but it's not as common as landwhales would have you believe, and it's the kind of thing you HAVE to take medication for, and the medication fixes the weight gain problem.

If a fat person tells you they have a thyroid problem, but they aren't on medication for it, they're lying, and if they are on medication and they're still fat, they would be fat regardless.

Yup. No complicated procedures, just a cheap pill a day, that's free everywhere except the US.

No, OP, you are not fat because of a thyroid problem.

>It doesn't seem too far fetched to me
it's not farfetched to believe some people can overcome rules of physics and create mass out of nothing
It's harder to lose weight for sure, but it's not impossible and I believe a lot have to do with education and behaviour more than genetics, which is why "everyone in my family is fat so it mean it's genetic"