Is meditation a meme?

is meditation a meme?

Attached: meditation.png (640x427, 495K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQdpoIfc6bg
amazon.com/Way-Pilgrim-Continues-His/dp/0932727301
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=qQdpoIfc6bg

it's not but you are probably to weak to learn to do it properly which could take some time.

I personally had the best self development when I incorporated meditation. I had more dreams, also needed less sleep, went lucid more, had more dream recall when I was meditating regularly.

however it's not for weak people, the average person who doesn't meditate can't sit still without a thought for longer than 10 seconds.

though training yourself this way brings gains in all areas of life.

too bad wireless radiation is destroying your organism but hey atleast meditation combats it a bit i guess.

So whats a good way to control my stream of thoughts while staying present in meditation?

I can see pausing for a minute to collect your thoughts before going into work or doing something big, but the whole sit down and cross your legs thing is severely artistic stoner cringe meme

No. I always put 30 min-1hr aside like my hero Geralt of Rivia.

Attached: FJ7Qdk4.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

Depends
Do you have a soul (ie: not a subhuman) then yes meditation will help.
Otherwise: eh
You dont control it at all. Even more: that stream isnt even you, its your ego.
subhuman

I've been listening to binaural beats to meditate and focus while lifting.
I didn't belief it at first but when you focus energy into lifts its some what a healing feeling.

>can't sit still without a thought for longer than 10 seconds
you cant completely stop thoughts from entering your head. meditation isnt about stopping all your thoughts. Its more about observing your thoughts when they come and let them pass while you focus on your breathing.

Based and geraltpilled

meditation is helpful. helps build focus and relives stress. also helps you understand yourself if you do it long enough

Read this

amazon.com/Way-Pilgrim-Continues-His/dp/0932727301

Polen pls go

any tips on how to stop my foot from falling asleep every time i meditate for 20 minutes straight?

put a pan on the stove and let it get handwarm, put the pan on the floor in front a chair and then sit down on said chair, put feet in pan to heat the soles up

yall motherfuckers crazy

>be on important business trip
>kinda nervous
>night before in hotel room go over all teh stuff with colleges and head to my room
>dim the light and do some stretching
>sit down and close my eyes
>my mind is racing thoughts coming and going so fast I can barely get a hold of them it feels
>focus on the breath
>eventually allow my mind to just let all these thoughts pass through and just observe them from the outside and pay no attention otherwise
>mind slows down
>become relaxed and feel at home and this small hotel room feels comfy
>anxiety, doubt and thousands of thoughts about what could go wrong gone
>next day do a really great job at our presentation infront of really important people
>wasnt nervous at all and even had a technical 1on1 discussion with the most important person there without stuttering or anything
>boss tells me I knocked it out of the park

It is not a meme, whenever you feel lost or overwhelmed you just close your eyes focus on your breath and everything becomes much easier.

Attached: sunset-meditation-mudra.jpg (1200x675, 156K)

pray the rosary, much beter than all that strange asian stuf.

happy for you, user.

>is sitting around breathing and stretching while trying to clear your mind to achieve muh ~~ a meme?
Yes. That's stupid. You're stupid if you think this will happen.

>is sitting around breathing and stretching while trying to clear your mind because those things are relaxing and good for your mental health a meme?
No. That there is optimum post-workout comfiness, and I try to do it after any kind of athletic activity

>Strange Asian stuff
>Goes for middle eastern jewry instead
Smhd. And most meditative traditions like Buddhism are deeply rooted in Indo-European spirituality
Retard materialist.
Never gonna make it

meditation is good for you. only retards believe meditation will bring enlightenment. It does make you more self aware and confident in everyday life.

kinda similar idea but have you guys tried microdosing LSD ? I am also considering taking a full dose of DMT because my friends have told me it can change your life and reveal to you what you have to do to find happiness or what you were put on this earth to do.

Attached: 17190865_1778016655859138_8578505562892821727_n.jpg (695x900, 262K)

Meditation is, but prayer isn't.

Attached: 1546938890118.jpg (700x845, 146K)

Yes being able to sit calmly and think is an important skill worth developing. That being said many meditation gurus are batshit crazy and should be taken with a grain of salt

>r-retard
>unironically believes that sitting around breathing and not think about shit is anything special

I had a lot of experience with psychedelics and would say it was present while I sorted myself out. Wether I would have been able to sort myself out without them is unknown. What is known is that they helped me with a soft reset of my brain and allowed me to re-learn things from a blank perspective. Many things that seem concrete are much less so

introspection, especially for longer periods of time, would seem to be helpful

but not all the mumbo jumbo religious nonsense that gets associated with it

honestly, having the ability to sit alone in silence for an hour straight is a good skill in today's society. our brains are always entertained by all of this technology we have, its causing our attention spans to shrink. we never take the time to self reflect because all of this instant gratification is available to us at all times. saying meditation has no benefits or is pointless just makes you sound ignorant

Now we are talking.

How is it to microdose LSD? Do you increase your attention? Does the rest of the people notice you are on drugs?

>saying meditation has no benefits or is pointless makes you sound ignorant
Oh shit you're right, that'd be ignorant as fuck of me.

Good thing that, in my original post that you very clearly did not read, I explicitly said that meditation has benefits and is good for you. But yeah, I hear you on the technology thing. It's why I always try to leave my phone in my bag when I sit in the sauna. Wet saunas are kino meditation rooms.

Been wanting to start adding meditation to my routine. I'm a very stressful person and am inside my own head 24/7. My brain won't leave me alone and focuses on the worst parts of my life almost to the point where it's trying to sabotage me.

I want to experience mindfulness, and be able to relax. I need the voice in my head to be able to take a break once in a while, but I'm not 100% sure how.

Sam Harris is someone who I respect very much, and I know he has a whole book dedicated to spirituality without a need for the supernatural. I'm thinking about getting it to see if it will help in any way.

Has anyone read this book? Did it help? Is it even worth it or should I just practice basic mindfulness techniques until I get the hang of it? I mean, it seems pretty straightforward and I'm not sure if I'll really need a book to learn how to sit quietly unless there's some real insight to good meditation technique in there.

Attached: waking-up-big-cover.png (450x680, 481K)

My bad didnt see it. Ive always wanted to try out saunas as a regular routine but have no easy access to one.

Meditation helps me slow down and deal with my anxiety and other mental health issues. I've become a much calmer, more relaxed and happy person since I picked up meditation. My focus and memory has also gotten a lot better too and I have more energy now.

no need to buy books about it. if anything it will set you up for failure, because you will expect to see major changes in a months time, when you wont. Just practice mindfulness meditation for 20 minutes a day, everyday. Focus on your breath and dont worry about your thoughts. Towards the end of the 20 minute session, you will have a feeling have euphoria and peace. Its worth trying

University gyms almost always have them, but they can be expensive as fuck. If you have your own place, you honestly might just try building a little hut in your back yard with a hearth in the floor and have that be your "sauna."

So, any quick how-to guide for meditation?

just do mindfulness meditation. all you have to do is sit with your back erect (dont lean on anything), and focus on your breathing. Let thoughts come and go. do it for 20 minutes.

Oh yeah, I'd love to be as sad as this guy. You've really convinced me

I like the untethered soul, but all these books say the same thing. they help you divorce yourself from your ego/mind chatter. the realization that you are not the thoughts in your head is step one, and these books help with that. the rest of the practice is all you though.

Supposedly other people cant tell if you does it right. And in general the way it works is it reduces your minds chatter and makes it easier for you to get into the flow state where you are most productive and time flies by while you work away. It makes you notice the little things in life like a beautiful tree you drive by to work or the blue sky that day and that fills you with more joy than usual but nothing extatic. I cant quite tell my self but there are a bunch of people in Silicon Valley that swear by it. A lot of artists or writers also like to experiment with microdosing LSD to be more productive and creative.

So it works a bit like Addy but not with the hyperfocus but a lighter flow state where you can be creative.

Attached: tXlDSpN.jpg (1200x1203, 347K)

Honestly just download Headspace, it has a free meditation trial you should go through and you will pick up on some very basic techniques. After that just take what you liked most out of the guided sessions and start doing it on your own, at first maybe only 5-10min a day and then you can decide where to go from there. Find out what others are doing and build upon your arsenal of techniques you like to use.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but through headspace and some other guided meditations I was able to pick up a few things here and there to calm my mind and enter a state of just simple happiness where my worries go away and I can always go to sleep afterwards without being kept awake by thoughts as I used to. What I like to do is something along the lines of:

>get comfy on my favorite chair or on the comfy carpet I have in my room
>first I just listen to my body on how calm or tense I am
>close my eyes and feel the connection of my body to the chair and my feet to the floor
>slowly start breathing more conciously in and out and focus on the breath how it moves into my body and how it leaves
>after a while the minds chatter will ease up a bit or sometimes when I am really stressed it wont want to go away just yet
>after working out or when I feel like it I scan my body from the bottom to the top going through all my bodyparts aches and pains and just listening to them without judgement just acknowledge it and move further upwards
>then once I reach the top I focus on the area behind my eyes and nose and feel the breath going in there
>pure focus on the breath not forcing it or doing it intentionally just letting my natural rythm dictate the flow while I observe
>then once I am somewhat calm I like to give my head some space to think, not like worrying but I just let go for a moment hold my breath in and allow myself to think about ANYTHING I want to
>interestingly enough those are the moments where my mind often completely stops

Attached: c3a4556166508e6a2ee6e525329ba32b.jpg (459x650, 121K)

cont.
when I mean I allow myself to think about anything I dont mean focus on it or obsess over it just let the thought come into my mind and pay no attention and let it pass by. I like the image from Headspace of sitting by the side of a busy road and watching cars go by. The cars are your thoughts you just acknowledge they are there and let them pass, they come and go but in the big picture they are irrelevant. after a few seconds of holding my breath I take a breath again and am back to focusing on my breath for a while longer and calming my mind further.

Sometimes I reach a state where I can just sit there with a calm mind, there are still thoughts going but it feels like silence because I just let them come and go without even having to focus energy on not obsessing over them. Sometimes I still have thoughts going on in that case I like to repeat the process to breath a bit more conciously again and focus on the breath more and then maybe hold it again for a few seconds and allow room for thoughts to pass by.

Hope this explains my process a bit and maybe it is helpfull for a beginner. I am fairly new myself and would appreciate any things I should try out.

Attached: 3194253-QVNRZVVZ-7.jpg (770x973, 144K)