First time gym questions

Okay Jow Forums you convinced me and I got my 3 months membership today.

I'm starting tomorrow. I've never been into a gym. What should I expect? Will they help me? What should I focus on first?

>I'm 5'6 and 125 lbs

Attached: kakattack.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>What should i expect?
Implying that you are going to go at least 5 times a week, eat properly and workout till your muscles fail, you should expect newbie gains in a little amount of time.
>Will they help me?
Maybe, usually they will.
>What shoul i focus on first?
Nutrition, a good routine, rest time and proper technique

Attached: Fit Jesus.jpg (1125x1107, 991K)

3 Times a week is ok, when you are doing basic full body routine.

Thank you user. I don't think I'll do anything supplementary. I'm thinking about going full carbs and protein to gain weight. Is it ok to do so?
>Till your muscles fail
Wouldn't it be bad for me?

You definitely want fat in your diet, low fat is BS.

overtraining is hard to do, just keep going as long as you can maintain good form as a beginner, as that's mostly what you need to focus on. look up the starting strength exercises and then spend 30 minutes watching videos of mark rippletits teaching them, you don't have to do the program but you're probably going to end up doing all of those lifts regardless so it's good to know. once you get comfortable with the form of those you can think about what program you wanna do.

Okay user, I'll just eat everything I can then.
Thank you user. I'm absouletely going to work on my form. Actually I don't think people there won't even let me lift lol. I look like a skeleton. But we'll see what kind of program they'll give me.

so is four times. or two times. depends on how well you train

Are you retarded? Eat good calories and fat unless you want gross lovehandles and boobs.

>Okay user, I'll just eat everything I can then.
I mean that works as a dirty bulk but if you wanna put on clean weight just eat clean fats (like avocados, cheese, nuts, eggs )

Hey, you're so good and even if you think beauty will go away, I think your life is thirty years old. Do you like vampires? Since I started raping, the game is a perfect statement.
I am shy, but I met and swam. kisses

What time are you planning to go? Protip: early morning or midday is best. After work through the night is "rush hour" for the gym and it's going to be crowded and full of fuccbois. Especially as a newfag, it's a lot better when you don't have to worry about getting an empty squat rack or bench.

>I'm 5'6 and 125 lbs
pls be in london

expect a long chalenge, go for the jojo poses

Don’t worry about the small amount you will do.

Focus on proper form and technique and eventually the higher weights will come. Watch some videos or read some articles online before you plan to exercise that muscle group so you can do proper form.

Stay consistent to your weekly plan

I'm 5'6 and 130ish. I literally started at the begining of this month doing the strongman 5x5. It was extremely easy for me but now that I'm on day 8 it has been a bit harder. Start will just the barbell. No one cares or will say anything unless its some old boomer faggot.

Workout 3 days per week. A basic 5X5 program should do you right. Which translates to 5 sets of 5 reps across 5 major lifts (Benchpress, Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Rows). Don't do all 5 each time, instead pick 3 per workout and add on a couple of accessory lifts (like curls).

Warming up with cardio helps - start with 20ish minutes of something low impact, like an elliptical.

Start lifting light. Very light. Enough to break a sweat and maybe challenge yourself a little but not so much that you're really straining. Focus on form first, heavy lifts will come later.

Form > Ego

Also EAT. Eat more than you're used to. End every workout with a protein shake. Consider starting every workout with a protein shake as well. If you aren't eating you might as well not be lifting because you won't be building muscle without extra calories.

People are usually nice. Usually keep to themselves. Are more than happy to help if you have questions and don't act like a twat.

Don't overwork yourself and keep consistent. Don't get too involved in trying to perfect a program or anything, just establish a routine and get your body used to the motions.

Would you guys recommend hiring a trainer?

If you can afford it sure
But I'd recommend getting a hang of the basics first, then hiring one after your first 6 months of noob gains, to break thru the plateau

Different user here. How the FUCK do I do rows without rounding my back and my legs not shaking from doing squats. Do you bend your knees?

Don't make a bad first impression by not tipping the receptionist. A little kindness goes a long way.

Sounds like you have pretty tight hamstrings.

I bend my legs slightly but not a lot.

- Tip the receptionist
- stay natty. do not take creatine it will make you bald
-Build your workouts around the big 6 (Bench press, squat, deadlift, pullups, rows)
- Do a PPL, its more enjoyable than SL or SS
- make friends. do the barbell bench press and ask someone to spot you on bench for your last set
- watch out for the /big guys (for you)/ and /gym bullys/. find a good hiding spot to get away from them

Isn't eating many eggs/cheese bad?
Midday, receptionist has already notified about crowded hours and days. I'll try to go at morning but I can't wake up early
>London
Sadly not user, why did you ask?

JoJo poses are my endgame
>Program
So they are going to give me a program, I'm going to do it and go back home? Or do I repeat it as much as I can?
Tipping doesn't exist in my country, but I'm smol and kinda cute so people usually like me

Attached: 1493935834_2017-01-01-00002.gif (500x283, 732K)

you can ask the receptionists to set up a program for you to follow, but thats pointless and they usually give cookie-cutter wholebody workouts. Look into starting strength, and PPL (push, pull, legs)