/SIG/ Self Improvement General

/SIG/ How are you robots improving today?

I'm personally finding new hope in friends. It's insanely stressful and draining, but it's kind of worth it.

Attached: 1540772158867.png (1920x1080, 598K)

I keep trying to form habits, but I dunno if it's ADHD, autism, or both. Stress breaks me like even I wouldn't believe. I know the "it takes 21 days to make a habit" but I rarely make it past 7 days.

Attached: 1536111285398.jpg (251x231, 11K)

I'm doing alright in all ways of life except for anything relationship related. I'm struggling to keep up with friendships. much less engage in a proper relationship with someone from the opposite sex. Nothing's wrong, but I still feel like I can't relate or really connect with anyone and it keeps me lonely and rather sad.
I mean I look alright, girls even approach me sometimes. I just can't do anything with them. It all fizzles out moments after I begin talking to them.

Attached: dissapointment.png (264x246, 83K)

Trying to keep going strong with the final project that can save my life, one step every day.

Another day skipping class
My professor is going to be pissed and email me later
I'm fucked, I dont know what to do.

I have big sig plans and soon. About to graduate college. Gonna improve my appearance by a lot. And gonna try hard to find some friends and a bf
Hopefully things are on the up and up.

How do you plan to improve your appearance user?
I know that feeling well. What's bringing you to skip class?
Determination can bring out the best in us. Stay strong.
I know that feel well. For friendships at least, I found the best thing to do is find people like yourself that don't expect you to have your nose up their ass 24/7 figuring out what pasta restaurant they went to for lunch.
Keep trying user. It'll be tough getting the first one, but once you do everything will start being easier.

Hah, I like the pasta restaurant thing you said. Unfortunately I live in a tiny tax haven where societal pressure to conform is so insanely high, it's nigh impossible to find anyone "like me". I'm weird, different, quirky and won't just easily find someone or break through someone's shell like that.
My biggest hope is that I'll just find some girl on here who's got nothing to lose by moving away and in with me I guess. I'll just keep on dreaming.

Sickness is making me skip. But its not like a "oh i have the flu" its like vague symptoms, like feeling like im gonna pass out just by standing up or sitting down trying to pay attention. Throw that on top of already existing horrible social anxiety and I just do not want to go at all.
Dont even know what I'd say if I went to the doctor, not like they can scan my everything and pinpoint the issue

You in Luxembourg or something? But another thing to consider is possibly moving away? If you get closer to a bigger city, there's a good chance you'll find more people like yourself and possibly someone that sees more value in you that you see in yourself.

If it's a recurring issue, then perhaps getting a medical examination is for the best, if not for a doctor's note, then for your health in the future. But it could also be symptoms of strong anxiety, which sadly was the reason I flunked out of college. Can't pass your classes if you don't attend them. If I found any sort of solution, I'd share it in a heartbeat, but that sadly isn't the case, but perhaps you could talk with your professor and see if they're the understanding type.

Yeah, Luxembourg. I'm the lone user who posts sometimes. People on this board can be very nice and far more genuine than anywhere else.
I don't like big cities at all, I like nature and fresh, thick air.
I'm not doing anything to jeopardize my own happiness just to pursue some chance at getting someone.

I've been considering ditching the idea that I'll find someone and moving to Alaska to work as a bush pilot and be a free man, free of worries, yet still alone. I guess I'd get used to it eventually.
I'm moving to Seattle in the coming years as part of an apprenticeship with Boeing, something mandatory if you want to be an aeronautical maintenance technician. I can figure out if I like it in the US then.

By the way, thank you for replying to people, I do the same for Europeans every now and then during the mornings, it really makes people feel better I've noticed. You're doing good work.

Attached: Art_Joe-Erickson-IMG_0396_SM.jpg (1404x900, 176K)

I just remember you from a discussion somewhere else and had a gut feeling when you talked about where you live. I don't think I could ever live so isolated, but I can always respect the hell out of anyone who does. Here's to your hopes and dreams.

Someone mentioned that the /sig/ should be here to stay. I don't think it'd stick around very long if nobody handed out (You)s

Attached: 1492042677792.jpg (540x405, 54K)

I'm following a Yale Political philosophy lecture series on Youtube. So far I've read 5 books of The Republic by Plato and today I'm starting The Politics by Aristotle (Books 1 to 3). Didn't expect such a powerful impact, when I started reading Plato I just felt really happy and immersed in the ideas discussed and how I felt about these ideas myself. Truth be told I don't exactly get it fully but I think I'm at the start of a journey that will lead me to a happier existence. Also I don't think I'm any smarter/better than others for having an interest in philosophy, I just neglected reading and my interest in it is rekindled.

It's great that you've found something to broaden your horizons, and even better that you aren't being a complete faggot about it. Perhaps in reading about someone else's philosophy you'll develop your own that's worth sharing someday.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm taking the improving my mind and body shtick very seriously. Started eating a lot healthier and I plan to start working out in a few weeks. So the next obvious step was to start reading things that will challenge me, and as I never really read any philosophy it just made sense to start with the Greeks. The self improvement is not just to gloat and boast but rather to improve myself for the sake of myself. I can say that I'm already starting to feel my mentality shifting away from negativity and into a more peaceful and happy state.

Your next step is leaving r9k. Run while you can, you glorious freebird.

Im fasting and eating less meat more. Im gyming more and swim laps at the beach. Ive been trying to fix my posture by standing/sitting straight and stretching a LOT, also bought a special pillow to help with that. Actually buy clothes now and threw out everything my mom bought me basically through hs even. Im trying to educate my infantile anime mind by reading books and listening to podcasts. Im constantly going through the endless shit in my room and selling for 100s on ebay. I also work and school and its exhausting

Doing some light exercise and eating more to get out of skeleton mode and tone up, also starting to draw because I like it.

Eventually I want to start doing online dating or something to find a gf, but I'm still a complete sperg in real life; especially around girls. I recently got a job so I'm getting more practice talking to people.

Attached: 1529534236793.png (744x687, 44K)

Make yourself the best you you can be women like a confident man
Jesus, go big or go home I suppose.

Dude if your into your philosophy I recommend anything based on stoicism, specifically Marcus Aurelius. If you can wrap your head around the concepts and theories it can really improve your general outlook.

I do it for my waifu

Attached: 1539617511828.jpg (95x100, 5K)

Don't overkill. Start with doing whatever it is you want to do for just 1 hour a day and when you are used to that, increase

Cleaned up my apartment
Hung out with some friends I haven't seen in a while
Switched up my gym routine to something more realistic
Body clock is currently a tad bit fucked from nightshifts so off for a walk and bit of sun before I go to bed.

Been working out and running consistently and it feels fucking fantastic. I'm always in a better mood afterward, and I'm really starting to look like a daddy. I've been slacking with other things, though, mainly with coding. Between my job and the commute, I'm strapped for time and I'm pretty exhausted by the time I get home and finish working. I'm trying to build an API in Java and scrape the data for it with a script.

Awesome work people! love these threads it helps motivate me to keep improving and I'm sure all your hard work will inspire others. Keep it real bros we're all gonna make it.

I don't think it's apt to say "we're all going to make it". I believe all of us CAN make it if we really keep at it though.

whenever i try to lift weights i hurt myself so i should probably give up. besides that i'm becoming more of a perverted shut-in. maybe if i get a job i'll at least look sane

Yesterday I said I would try to improve, today I have done nothing of the sort.

Give body weight workouts a go. I was lifting weights for a while but had a bad habit of going too hard and burning out. Body weight exercises gave me a solid base and helped turn it into a regular routine.

You should go for a job or just anything to give you some purpose and take you out of the house. Good luck bro

People at my work can tell im wierd, but if you stay detached just enough they might just think you're retarded like they do me. But make sure you do lighter weights at the start and watch videos to see the proper form, also do warmups (which you can lookup aswell)

Just keep the focus on improvement dont dwell on missed days. You might only do what you set out for one day then not pick it up for a week, but that one day is still progress. Keep your goals in mind and take it day by day.