So I'm suppose to debate on this topic of toxic masculinity. There's no other place than Jow Forums for this

So I'm suppose to debate on this topic of toxic masculinity. There's no other place than Jow Forums for this.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Attached: 2015-03_-_the_mask_you_live_in_8-5x11-page-001.jpg (576x616, 141K)

define toxic masculinity so we can dissect it

Give me some points to argue against the SJWs on my campus.

Any Male action that doesn't conform to liberal ideals of what a man SHOULD be in today's society. If he isn't sensitive and emotional and docile he is accused of toxic masculinity. Where as used to these people were known as "douche bags" or even "assholes" now they are blamed for being a product of the male driven society

It doesn't matter what you say they'll simply ignore your arguments and probably resort to name calling or made up anecdotal situations that probably never happened

Fuck you. Seriously, fucking die.

Actually it's the media and academia and rampant circumcisions and the divorce courts that's destroying men in america.

Men were doing just fine before those things started being heavily pushed and normalized in america.
What gives? It's men's fault and men can't be victims of outside forces?
It's odd that they seek to help men and talk about america's toxic masculinity but in the same breath say that it's men's responsibility and no one else is at fault "BE A MAN".

spotted the incel

leave university and join the army

www.goarmy.com

great post

I'm arguing against SJWs.

Attached: E795F494-49FF-4755-A7BC-AB371C1C3FF4.jpg (1440x863, 243K)

t.roastie

Don’t argue with retarded faggots. Mind yourself like an actual fucking man. Build your life up and then just laugh in those queers faces. Seriously don’t argue with a retard.

|
>
|
|

It's for a class. Sociology.

Argue against single motherhood, show rates of discipline failure in young boys from single mother houses. Other than that I can’t really think of anything, maybe some shit about roids, although that’s pretty niche

imagine being so upset at getting called an "incel" that you resort to drawing cartoons

Don't argue. Just tell them No if they give you shit about whatever bullshit some twitter blue check is whinging about.
No always means NO in any context.

>"diverse units"
>white privilege presentations
>women and trannies in combat
I would sooner fight for fucking Southern Ongo Bongo Nigger Africa than the United States. Blow it out your ass.

the fuck is sociology

>sociology
the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.

"The only toxic masculinity I'd accept is toxic HIV+ sperm injected right in my ass" should eb your opening statement.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 03 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_07.45_[2018.09.22_20.58.00].png (401x539, 304K)

It's for a class

Thanks for your input gay agenda.

>anime poster is right-wing homophobe

what a timeline it's been

Attached: 1545558084304.jpg (680x596, 131K)

op you fucked up by posting here, go to your campus and ask people not fucking Jow Forums

Take this to Jow Forums they will practically write a thesis for you. All you'll have to do is copy / paste the replies and rewrite some parts and boom assignment finished.

Ask them to define toxic masculinity. They will come up with some undesirable traits, you then say you don't agree that those are masculine traits. They won't have a real definition so you can end the debat befor it starts because you don't agree on the premise

this

Maybe it's just where I live, but you don't really see the behavior that is typically attributed to "toxic masculinity" very much at all. It's a small minority.

Generally, if you ever see something as douchey as a guy catcalling a pretty girl or pinching their asses or whatever, even their friends will call them out for being assholes and to stop. Fist fights almost never happened in my elementary or high schools, and anyone openly racist or homophobic would become a social pariah.

Boys and men call each other faggots and gay all the time, but it's usually between actual friends in a joking capacity. I'm a gay man and with my straight friends (which is almost all of my friends) we use "homophobic slurs" as jokes all the time.

So like, the behavior attributed to being toxic masculinity IS genuinely shitty behavior for the most part, but it's just not something you see very often and when you do see it the people responsible face the social consequences they should from their peers.

So it's kind of an imaginary enemy for people who spend too much of their time getting offended at stuff on the internet to 'rally against' and isn't that much of a thing in real life.

Like I said, that might be unique to where I live (Canada).

Attached: image (1).jpg (2500x2396, 1.22M)

Of course a woman made the movie.

So if I'm a gay boy who wears dresses am I still toxic masculinity?

Define the paramaters libcuck.

>openly racist or homophobic would become a social pariah
canada is cucked beyond redemption
fucking leafs

I understand your sentiments.
If I was in the US I would consider the reserves or air force.

I took sociology it marxist revisionist history and feminism labelled as "sociology".

Tell one of the professors the class has overtones of marx or the manifesto and watch the meltdown.

I hate Incels and just randomly here, but you absolute talentless faggot drawing something is like 5 mins, just kys m’whiteknight

Ask them to define toxic femininity.

Why?

You're there to get a degree and some skills which will hopefully be a useful tool in your future.

Getting involved in the stupid culture war they participate in will only end bad for you. You're become a social pariah at best and at worst they'll spy on you for anything to report to everyone in your life out of spite.

Rise above it. Finish your degree, move on with your life, and remember that these whimpering manchildren will only ever have a voice on campus and the second they hit the real world they are unlikely to do anything useful with their lives because a gender studies or whatever stupid arts degree they have gets you nothing but debt.

The term itself is illogical and prejudiced. Assigning all of the negative stereotypes, true or untrue, of any group to a blanket term and calling it something like “toxic masculinity “ is just incorrect and not useful. We would never do this with “toxic blackness” and or “toxic homosexuality” or any other group because

1) it is generally offensive to categorize a group of people by their negative stereotypes and
2) more importantly it becomes a useless term that doesn’t correctly criticize bad behavior and instead attempts to lay the blame at the feet of an entire group.

Traditional masculinity has had overwhelmingly positive effects for individuals and for society as a whole. There is a reason why most of the great accomplishments in history were achieved by men. Risk taking, competitive behavior, strength, toughness all have lead to great achievements for humanity.

The virtues of responsibility, sacrifice, providing for others, creation of families, challenging those who you are around, these all lead to successful family units and the raising of successful productive children. In order to see the positive effects of manhood, just look at the statistics on children raised without fathers. They are overwhelmingly more likely to be unsuccessful in life, end up in prison, be addicted to drugs, commit suicide etc.

The focus should be on addressing specific bad behaviors among certain men. Sexual aggressiveness, for one, is a problem in society, but in general our culture (men included) is largely intolerant to inappropriate behavior such as rape and sexual harassment.

Those who want to denigrate all men or the culture of manliness are either wildly uninformed about the contribution men make to our society, or they have other motives, mainly to teardown cultural norms that have existed for hundreds and maybe thousands of years and contributed to the prosperous societies we live in today.

I'm taking a sociology class.

>in any given social situation where adults interact with one another
>everyone just being decent to each other because we're not fucking children
>somebody needlessly calls people niggers / faggots and talks shit
>people don't want to associate with the immature asshole

Yeah it's really awful here please send help.

Attached: Okuyasu.jpg (480x716, 39K)

We should be very cautious not to “throw the baby out with the bath water” as we begin to criticize the bad behavior of a few men. Successful cultures need traditional masculinity, it should be celebrated rather than torn down.