/fat/ - Anime Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated rotundos who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy(Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/(complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html(simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com(better for packaged food)
cronometer.com(better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

Previous Thread:

Attached: DPoKhKGUQAANktn.jpg (1168x1028, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/706802/masterfoods-dry-rub-spicy-jerk-jamaican-style
youtube.com/watch?v=NGAeSscCKDk
youtube.com/watch?v=4WrtJpgofAc
youtube.com/watch?v=TTECkdKoO34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for those NYR still here

Fuck the quitters we gon' make it boyos

Still here. Every day it gets a little easier.

Found out i lost another pound this morning my dudes.
CW: 204 lbs
SW: 233 lbs

I've been thinking about stopping my namefagging in these threads. Was just hoping to be an inspiration to others, but it seems like its more annoying to most than anything.

Cheers guys

Attached: NEW WEIGHT CHART.png (1712x1892, 189K)

Is there a way to force yourself to have hunger as a fetish? Could it help with the constant feeling of emptiness?

Attached: 1547359326878.jpg (600x539, 178K)

Day 33 of zero carb

Alright it's ab day over here. Making some coffee, chicken is defrosting. Food cravings like a motherfucker though. I'm not going to cave in but I keep thinking about ritz bits cheese crackers. An 8oz box is over 1000 calories. I'll probably never eat those again.

Only masturbate when you are hungry, Pavlov yourself.

Good evening anons! I hope everyone is doing well! What is your weight this week? HVe you lost some since your last weigh in? Are you making progress? Remember, cals in cals out and that WE ARE ALL GONNA MAKE IT

Attached: thumb-350-973377.jpg (350x219, 81K)

I weighed in at 186 so down five pounds but those are five pounds that I gained back over two weeks from Christmas to new years.

How about you?

Remember /fast/ is always willing to accept refugees that want to net some serious real weight loss. Lose a 1lb a day if not more of real actual fat. After 3 days you can go weeks on end with ease.

Attached: 1516268682619.jpg (713x918, 127K)

Alright lads, here's the question of the century; if I lose 100lbs over the course of a year, 250 to 150, is the loose skin shit gonna happen to me? I can't afford cosmetic surgery bullshit so I wanna be prepared for the worst.

It is genetic lottery. You won't know until it is too late.

>Lose a 1lb a day if not more of real actual fat.
But my TDEE isnt 3500 calories?

Attached: GoogleSheets.png (343x681, 29K)

Most males are around 2500ish and /fat/ is filled with 300lbs+ units who can easily be 3500 TDEE or at least close enough to it.

Attached: 1499215335293.jpg (1279x720, 110K)

I hear different things. First I heard that the speed at which you lose weight decides how much loose skin you have but I have also heard that it is the same either way. I'm taking beef gelatin pills and lubing myself up with moisturizer every day to mitigate it. At the end of the day I have no idea what to expect so I'm just bracing for impact.

Well being a small dick manlet has shown me I've already lost, so I guess I'll brace myself.

Where’s the discord?

> years of meme diets keto paleo fasting
> start just counting calories and hitting protein goal
> start to look thinner and the scale agrees
Fuck it I’m here now thanks everyone

Attached: 5C13E090-0560-4F75-865D-87A271591200.jpg (497x729, 138K)

Jeesus Maria

I only had 900 cals today by accident and i'm tempted to steal another mans lunch what do

Can someone ballpark this for me, I can't find the goddamn package for this chicken so I guess it walked out of the trash can or something. Baked, salt and pepper.

Attached: IMG_20190116_233603494.jpg (3024x4032, 3.06M)

Calories, I mean. Christ.

Had a break from gym over the Christmas season, went back on Monday (doing M-W-F) and I forgot how fucking shite DOMS is. Godspeed, all ye merry gentlemen.

Kek, yeah that shit sucks. I did legs on Friday for the first time in ages and I had the same thing. I'm still a little sore.

Almost there /fat/... I'm so fucking sick of chicken and salad.

Attached: Capture.png (834x1049, 60K)

Fucking burger units

>not fucking loving chicken and salad
You might hit goal weight but you're never going to make it with that attitude.

Yep, did squats yesterday and now I'm fucked.

Would estimate with skin on ~500 calories

I've pretty much eaten nothing but this for the past year and a half with various binges thrown in at social events. I'll make it - just had a rough day.

Been fucking up, playing too much video games, drinking too much, sleeping like shit, and skipping the gym. Feel like I just undid a lot of progress I made over the past year, and feel pretty ashamed of myself.

Attached: 960.jpg (960x540, 34K)

Only one way to fix that.

Get back on the horse.

OOH yeah. Officially did 500 crunches and 200 leg raises. I'm half way to BTFOing Patrick Bateman.

How do you season your chicken? I have to mix it up.

I season my chicken with a shard of broken tempered glass, one for each pound of how overweight I am. It's motivating, and adds a nice crunch too.

Finally did it /fat/bros
158 pounds 5'7
Ill miss you guys and i hope i don't have to return here

Attached: Exhausted_smile.jpg (386x311, 128K)

I've got 4 in my rotation currently;
- Salt and pepper
- Low sodium jerk rub
- Curry powder and salt
- Italian herbs, salt and chilli flakes

just a bit of olive oil and then then whatever flavour I'm feeling.

show progress pics

Nice. I mostly use garlic powder, cayenne, and this kicking chicken stuff. Italian herbs is my other main. Tonight I tried cumin, garlic, and harissa. It's not that good but it was different which was nice.

Does the olive oil help the seasonings sink in? I should probably start doing that. What kind of jerk rub do you use?

turns out it's not low sodium...

woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/706802/masterfoods-dry-rub-spicy-jerk-jamaican-style

And yeah - the olive oil helps adhesion and browns things off better.

Very nice, thank you.

Confess.

Attached: lQGT6xM.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Think I'm starting to plateau again. I'll have to up lifting intensity or more walking, probably both. I've been eating at around 1200 calories for the past two months. Should I reduce more or should that be fine?
For reference, I started at 287, plateaued at 270, went further down, plateaued at 250, and now am plateauing at 240.

I had some mozzarella sticks and a soda today. Shame.

I ate two slices of thin pepperoni pizza today. It has been my first mistake in a month. Forgive me brothers.

Attached: 95fxguglyxbz.png (600x487, 353K)

Try fish or shellfish from time to time to mix it up.

I got a gorge foreman grill, a food scale, and 12 re-useable bento boxes for myself for christmas.

Ive stayed under 2K cal eating only pre-cooked meals out of my boxes since chtistmas. I feel great and im losing weight. Keto/bulletproof/paleo never worked for me, always made me feel very sick and tired.

allowing healthy carbs in my diet along with calorie and macro counting has me feeling energetic and sticking to a diet that I am finally confident I can stick to for a long time.

*googles bento box*
heh, that's neat

I dont have fancy ones from japan I have what are basically ones that mimic tupperware.

Attached: 81lfzGMOtnL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 266K)

You should get one of these.

Attached: three stage Japanese bento box.jpg (500x491, 72K)

I am PSMFing.

Day 4

- 1k cal of prot (chicken/lean red meat)
- 25 top gr of carbs
- 20 gr of fat (fish oil or food traces)

Lifting Heavy and intense 3/4 times a week.

I'm 2kg down already but this stuff really fluctuates so I should wait until I refeed to see what happens.

Today is chest day and carb refeed day. I might extend this till saturday night if I can take it. I'm not hungry but socially it is really difficult to eat almost nothing every day.

I recommend this podcast and this author
youtube.com/watch?v=NGAeSscCKDk

Attached: 550x412.jpg (550x412, 33K)

>
You should get one of these.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

¥ 2,378 is apparently $21.86

Not bad, and looks neat.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1165x894, 217K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4WrtJpgofAc

its not a plateau, you cant plateau at 240 eatimg 1200 cals. either your counting wrong or youre about to whoosh, just keep eating 1200 calories.

good diet food
OMAD and you spend all afternoon puking it up

one 1945 war ration a day is going to be ROUGH

>decide to celebrate hitting 140lb down with 12lb to go
>celebrate with 12 quest bars
>2 hours later my gut is constantly rumbling

What am I in for?

Thanks for the reassurance, friend. I'll keep at it.

Attached: 1547655666103.png (822x802, 680K)

should have drank 12 beers instead

Also did you lose 140pounds? That's fuckin insane good job what was your method do you have any pictures?

Long fasts. Don't wanna post my pics but my dexa showed 17% bf. Going for 12%.

What can I do to stop late night binging?

smoke, chew gum and drink diet soda, drugs for sleeping.

A few tricks. Firstly is to drink a huge glass of water, if you still feel hungry after that, then ask yourself "am I hungry enough I would eat anything right now? would I eat a carrot? would I eat squash or grilled chicken or tuna right now? If the answer to that is yes, then you are probably actually hungry for nutrients and you should just go ahead and eat. (unless you are purposefully trying to fast but that's a different thing).

Lastly, try eating foods that leave you full all day long, mostly healthy carbs. You can go to the grocery store and buy no-sugar added whole grain fiber bread that is like 60 calories a slice. If you're ever feeling hungry and you know you aren't supposed to be eating, shove one or two slices of that bread in your face. The bread does not taste good. But it fills you up because it's fuckin bread. And it's super low carlories so it won't fuck you over on your calories.

If you don't want the bread, then you aren't actually hungry, and you need to go to sleep or force yourself to not eat.

Did they help with the loose skin?

Nope, not at all. Bottom of my stomach is the worst in that the edge droops.

Okay guys, I need help trying to rationalize what just happened. I'm going to say a few things that I have picked up from these threads and then try to tie them together.

Something about losing weight and the cells turn to water or something, then whoosh.

Carbs store water, several grams per gram of carbs.

Keto.

If I am not necessarily on keto but still eat a relatively low carb diet, then eat a bunch of carbs. Then go on keto while eating at a heavy deficit. Is it possible that the water stored from the carbs and also the water released from from my cells going whoosh could cause me to shit about two gallons of 75/25 liquid/shit mix? I can already tell I'm going to have to go again in a few minutes. Is this what you guys mean when you say whoosh? Is whoosh the sound of steamy liquid escaping your anus or is it something else?

shit, sorry to hear that user.

>drugs for sleeping
My doc won't prescribe me anything stronger than antihistamines or melatonin.

Thanks for the reply. I even binge on oat cereals if I have nothing else at home.

I'd try stir frying, user. It's a quick meal and is easy to change up. Right now for me I've been putting in General Tao stir fry sauce, and seasoning with chili flakes. VH alone makes like over 10 stir fry sauces, and I add a clove of garlic and dried ginger in before I stir fry

Buy some over the counter melatonin 3mg and something with alprazolam (it will probably come with 0.25mg if it is over the counter).

Then take 1.5mg of melatonin, 1 pill of whatever you got with alprazolam and 1 Linden tea.

It will knock you off.

Had some hip pain for month but it got worse last week. Went to the doctor and he said I had arthrithis on my right glute and told me to not go to the gym, do cardio or anything for a week. Im getting more exams and some meloxicam for this week and we are hoping it gets better.

But Im fucking angry I cant go to the gym. I could do some work on my arms but I cant even row, whats the fucking point, he told me I should rest the full week instead of forcing my hip to do more work

How do I cope /fat/ what do you recommend

Attached: 1538208930184.jpg (750x750, 44K)

>It will knock you of
No it won't. I have insomnia and already take 3mg melatonin every damn night, also Atarax but it doesn't do a thing.

Just fnished my first 5k after getting fat again. Took me 45 minutes. Super slow I know but I feel really good. Currently 224lbs, 50 more pounds to go.

Attached: 1545167813488.jpg (4199x4189, 2.05M)

>been fluctuating within a single pound for four days
I need that woosh, lads.

I feel you man. I hit 271 on Monday, weighed myself this morning out of curiosity because I've been under my calorie goals last few days, and I'm still 271.

After losing about a pound a day for 2 weeks, I think I'm finally in for the standard pound a half loss per week. Noob losses are over, sadly.

Pretty sure he must've said tendonitis my bro.

Evidence based treatment is regular bedtime, a fixed routine at bedtime, lights off, no sound and regular exercise.

9th day of keto.

Why can't I shit normally? Before keto I had no issues with shitting but I tried to shit yesterday to no avail, and today I had to stimulate my ass with my finger to drop a huge, super solid, broccoli smelling, almost dodecahedric piece of shit. I still feel full and my finger smells like what do you think.

What am I doing wrong?

Harder than it sounds, I fall asleep 18 hours after I've woken up, not a minute before.

Do you drink enough water?

Lots of it and diet soda lately.

Down from 265 to 238 since October. Am I gonna make it?

Attached: 20190115_184742.jpg (1920x1520, 1.32M)

you tell us

I'M GONNA MAKE IT

Attached: 1546095141004.jpg (592x299, 59K)

Not with that gyno bitch boy better start saving for surgury once you hit 190lbs

gyno surgery is a meme unless you have the worst genetics of all time, just get to low body fat and get juicy pecs, you'll be fine

youtube.com/watch?v=TTECkdKoO34
What do you think about this guy? Seems pretty legit.

the title is already extremely ambiguous
I've been told lots of things, some true, some bullshit
is he gonna debunk all of it?
>comments disabled
always a good sign

If he's shilling something there's a good chance it's at least partially bullshit.

this endless debate over macros is fucking tedious, and it's putting the cart before the horse
all this stuff about hormones and grelin and whatever else doesn't mean shit if you're simply eating under TDEE
that is the bedrock, that is all there is to it, the universal truth in a sea of bullshit

Nothing new but what he's saying is basically correct. Counting macros is way more effective than counting calories. Watch Jason Fung's lectures on the topic.

Still here, although I started the week before NYR because my schedule opened up.

>Counting macros is way more effective than counting calories
Okay so as long as I eat a bunch of protein then I can eat 1000 cals above my TDEE! Thanks anonymous!

>something is hard to do
>better use drugs

I have lost 12lbs since I started, 30~60min workout every day. Today weighting myself, it seems I have regained 12lbs already. I have no clue what to think of, all this exercising feels pointless.

I didn't even do anything crazy, I just ate lightly as I normally would when I started. I don't know what to think of anymore, this shit gives me the feeling I should give up on losing weight and just continue do light eating and exercise every 2 days instead of one day because I'm getting tired of thinking of exercising when I see no results on the weight scale

What should I do?

"light eating" seems vague, especially if you're overweight (no offence)
are you counting calories?