R9k Friday night drinking thread /alcohol/

"How's it hanging" edition

What are you lads drinking tonight? pls sit down in my pub.

Attached: fren-ship bar2 space2.jpg (2560x1457, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAQbHPyQhvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am 24 and have never had a sip of alcohol in my life. I have smoked weed a couple times but that is it. Should I get wasted tonight (by myself of course)?

Attached: 138C815F-3F29-4A74-B078-AC6DF57A48CA.jpg (710x403, 51K)

You should take it slow and get to know your limits

I had an old English quart and a steel reserve 24 oz. Still feel worthless.

What alcohol can I buy that isn't too harsh tasting but I won't look faggy for buying?

Don't get baited into the whole "you need to drink nasty drinks to be a man" shit. If you want to drink flavored steel reserves, go for it.

Attached: 212.jpg (1418x644, 85K)

Who cares if you look faggy. Buy what you want and they'll assume its for a girl if its that gay. Or just buy a small pack of condoms too.

pic related
I'm about to go to the liquor store, can't wait to get tilted

Attached: k83ti7jrl8001.jpg (2500x1213, 481K)

Vodka goes down relatively easy with a chaser. I like the Titos brand.

Blue moon, Founders All day, Sierra Nevada Pilsner(any pilsner for that matter.)

Ultimately it comes down to what you can stomach. Like said, you don't need to drink nothing but whiskey and IPAs/stouts to feel better about yourself. Drink what you want to, but also be aware that a lot of these flavored brews have loads of sugar in them, and sugar plus alcohol equal one bad hangover.

Ultimately, what I'd recommend, is to try whatever it is that interests you. When it comes to brews, the number one thing to avoid for a first time buyer is IPAs and stouts, as stated above. They're normally quite high in IBUs, and IBUs, in laymens terms, mean bitterness. If you'd like to try hard alcohol, go with tequila, vodka, rum, gin, and then whiskey, in that order. Whiskey is, without a doubt, the hardest to get into.

Listening to britfeel radio thinking about offing myself

I always thought Tito's was really overrated. I just buy the cheapest handle of something that's been filtered a lot. Smirnoff, Sobieski, and Fris usually make the cut.

Attached: 1521503252742.gif (450x188, 1.95M)

Don't get shit faced your first time. Take it slow and just enjoy the happy, warm feeling it gives. One of the best things to do in this phase is play some vidya with friends. You'll notice socializing becomes much easier

Nah don't do that, also what's britfeel radio?

Finlandia is by far my fav vodka for shots. It's very smooth and has very little taste. If you chill it for a few hours it's like water

I wouldn't say it is overrated, but it is talked about a lot. I honestly don't get it. Loads of my normie friends recommended it to me, but I'd rather go for Ketel One instead. They also recommended Criroc, and while it was good, it certainly wasn't $30 good. Overpriced as all hell, is what it was.

Hmm.. it's a radio show the robots from britfeel do, it's weird hearing robots talk. Comfy cause I have no real friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=NAQbHPyQhvk

Finishing homework now
Then I can finally enjoy alcohol's loving, warm embrace
Countdown: Approximately 1.5 hours
Better depressed and drunk than just depressed

Rum and coke was my go to when I started drinking. No one will judge you for ordering one and it taste really good

Alright I'll check it out, might just be what I'm looking for.

Most vodka is overpriced. Like I half-mentioned, the number of times filtered is the main factor in how good/smooth it is. Never pay for high-end shit like Grey Goose or Belvedere.

Thanks for the advice user.
(This has been an original comment)

Respect the drink.
You probbably gonna sit down, and not notice it as much. Cheesy as it sounds, buy a 6-er of low alcohol shit,

I will keep that in mind. Thanks user. Headed to the store now

I want to drink tonight but I don't have any friends to buy for me. I'm a few months from 21 so it doesn't make sense to buy a fake id either. Feels bad

I feel your pain, but at the same time do not care. Once you turn 21 you can indulge in all the degenerate alcoholic activities you want, so there is something to look forward to here.

just starting out, only drink lager or pilsner beer, its the only thing my stomach can handle for whatever reason, any liqour or wine or heavier beers and its instant vomit time.

just starting out for the night that is, if that wasnt clear

back from the liquor store, ended up only buying cheap plastic bottle vodka again

Attached: edn71b8v39fx.jpg (768x768, 85K)

I mean, yeah, I guess.

What did you get, user?

How do bars even fucking work. I've been to a few but I still can't imagine getting drunk with other people. Am I that far gone

I bought sobieski. even though it's cheap, i'm starting to think it's not worth it

Bars are fucking trash, to a robot at least. If you want to know how they work, I'll tell you.

Basically you walk up to the bar, put your hands on said bar, and wait. That is it. Once the bartender is done dealing with the chad and stacies, he will come to you and ask what you want. Then you say what you want, and pay 2-5x as much more than if you'd had bought it yourself and prepped it at home. Then you drink it.

Bars truly are trash, and are only tolerable when you have a friend(or friends) there with you. There is LITERALLY no reason to go to a bar by yourself.

yeah going to the bar is litteral hell for someone like me who doesn't really want to socialize with other people. I don't even like drinking with my friends.

Attached: 1539992925843.png (1200x1235, 722K)

maybe soon there will be VR bars where people choose whatever avatar they want and get drunk IRL while socializing in VR

Sobieski is actually not that bad. Not top shelf obviously, but not anywhere near rot gut. It is the Evan Williams of bottom shelf vodka.

I don't have VR but I roamed around VRchat while drunk a few times listening to other people conversations and shit. It's /comfy/

yeah, heavier stuff gets me sick quick too

Attached: 1538803272026.png (940x528, 742K)

9% Voodoo Ranger beeer.

I'm starting to dislike IPAs, especially that double-IPA shit, but this one is really good. Light and crisp.

Attached: tumblr_o4pr5xsgtz1ut248go1_500.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Drinking pic related because I'm broke

Attached: mist.jpg (194x259, 12K)

I drank too much already this sucks

You should try coolers, they're a bit stronger like pic related 7% or mike is hard lemonade, stronger than beer but weaker than wine. I hate that they're characterized as a feminine drink just because sugar

Attached: full.jpg (960x1280, 117K)

>Too much already
>This sucks
Either you are a lightweight, or you are a pussy, possibly both. Ride it out through the rest of the night, and you will be fine.

>I am starting to dislike IPAs
You chose on of the worst Imperial IPAs in Voodoo Ranger, to start with. Such a disgustingly over-hopped aftertaste, much on par with Drake's Denogginizer. Imperial does not translate as well to IPAs as it does with stouts or porters.

just some domestic beer is all
feeling good with some music

Attached: 1522464878462.jpg (600x1200, 135K)

I like that you can clearly see the alcohol percentage of the drink on that can, I hate that lots of brands try to hide their alcohol percentage

Beefeater for me tonight.

Nowhere to go. Nothing to do. Oblivion is paradise.

Attached: beefeater.jpg (236x354, 12K)

I'll have a vodka and sprite. There's this awkward autistic girl I'm interested in, like actually high functioning autistic, the only female example I've ever met. I know she likes anime and I'd like to share that interest with her. Even though she has pretty basic tastes (she like My Hero Academia and Fairy Tale as far as I know) some of it overlaps, MHA is ok. How do I go about starting a conversation about that? I've talked to her a little about anime before but didn't really let on that I liked it too because there were other people around, now it seems weird to bring back up.

No. Don't get shitfaced.

what does gin taste like? I never had anything besides rum and beer

Imagine Vodka, but with notes of citrus, pine, and fruit. That is gin.

>You chose on of the worst Imperial IPAs in Voodoo Ranger
But muh 9%.

I had vodka before, sounds interesting

beer

not strong, but not faggy

Drinking warm whiskey with no chaser because fuck it

Im definitely gonna throw up later but I dont care anymore

>Throwing up

Yeah ahaha youre so badass i wish i was as cool as you ahaha kys

Had some of girlfriends friends over tonight to pregame for a wedding we all have to travel to tommorrow, just had a few beers. Getting into bed got messages from suicidal ex of six years finally realizing she messed up leaving me and wanting me back but knowing im happier now so she wants to die. Blocked, had a sandwich and am now in bed. Comfy night overall

Everyone who reads this now has to take a shot

no... I can't drink anymore... please...

original kanpai~

Ok but I'll probably pass out afterwards.

Sorry you're a weak, sensitive stomach lil' bitch. Maybe stick to some Strawberitas next time, bitchboi.

Yeah to compare how expensive bars are. I'll use Fireball as an example as I know the prices for those for sure.

I can get a bottle of Fireball at my supermarket for $20.00. I know for sure a shot of Fireball at my local place is $2.50. They also do a deal of 3 shots of Fireball for $5 so that's obviously the better deal to take.

I know that the bottle of Fireball that I get has around 20 shots in it. So that'd be at the bar around $35 worth of shots. $15 more than paying for a bottle.

Now, I wouldn't have 20 shots in a night. For me to get drunk on Fireball it'd be around 9 shots for me. That'd be $15 worth of shots. Almost as much as paying for a whole bottle.

Of course this is just counting all the shots for you, if you're at a bar you're probably with friends so really the 3 for $5 shots are being distributed for one each, meaning that it takes even MORE to get you drunk.

on to my eighth beer, here to never waking up again!!

Attached: 1539044297433.png (881x494, 418K)

Not to mention the fact that bars can give you shallow shots and water down drinks
If I do go to bar (which is extremely rare), I bring a flask
Also I think Fireball sucks, but still agree with you

Yeah there's a place here where the shots are super tiny.

Christ was it nice a year or two ago when all the "Ice" beers upped from 5.9% to 6.9%, cases of that shit is super cheap.

Attached: 1540505763743.jpg (329x286, 42K)

Howdy niggas

Imma have a busted knuckle beer and a long island ice tea

OH FUCK YOU
ill do it know
six am alone in my room, Jow Forums mandated shots of gin
ill throw up, guaranteed

sounds nice, have fun drinking

Its saturday night here in NZ, gonna drink with a German friend of mine and see where the night takes us. Probably end up making a fool of myself but that's part of the fun I suppose.

Attached: 1534101364844.jpg (1200x1600, 1.53M)

dint quite how up I'm wrecked though
it's twenty past 6 am\
hate English people

yes laddd have fun. what time is it where you are????????/.,j h

Extremely original deal
You too
Cheers

One place I went to had girls walking around trying to push Red Bull and vodka "shots" for like $3, but they weren't even shots.. They were those little test tube things like pic related, meaning it was like 1/16 shot of liquor tops, but people were still buying them left and right
I grabbed one from her tray while she wasn't looking and after drinking it woudln't have been surpused it there wasn't even any liquor in there at all
Bars are tarded

Attached: 8A664FF4-78E7-4BBB-BD7E-D58AB86BBBEF.jpg (1106x736, 37K)

Coffee's all i can afford atm. Its 2pm and im just killing time phoneposting in my dorm room. Next semester starts this monday. Im unironically looking forward to it. Beats doing nothing all day

Liquor store had some cheap ass rum on clearance. Got two fifths for about 12 bucks.

already made my own thread about this but

>drinking on tuesday with a friend and two other people
>fast forward- im outside my house
>friend calls me and tells me not to go in yet
>i hang up not knowing what hes talking about
>thought i had a really good night, made some friends, didnt come home too drunk
>wake up next morning feeling really strange, like a hangover without the nausea or headache
>go to work
>next day goes by just fine too
>call up friend to see if he wants to hang
>trying to figure out where we can go because we dont have our own places and its really cold
>i suggest to the two people i met on tuesday
>"user do you remember what happened?"
>turns out i kept drinking that whole night
>started punching and slapping myself in the face
>flipping everybody off and screaming
>ran out of the house and a couple blocks away saying im going to jump off the bridge downtown
>run all the way back to charge my phone because i guess im a faggot i shouldve just ended my life there since thats been my plan for so long
>i run out into the street again
>friend goes to grab me in his car
>drops me off at my house
>i fall on my face into a pile of snow and leaves
>suddenly im in the back yard of my house and this is where my actual memory of everything starts

am i retarded this is the third time something like this has happened

tanqueray and tonic
I used to drink rum and beer but then I tried an actual drink and realized how stupid I was

Any thoughts on whiskey?

Make a fool of yourself!

Test tube shots are shit. It was $1 a shot here but its like nothing in them. I think all ten that she had in her hand would equal one shot.

930 PM atm
Already did

vodka
mix it with basiclly anything, red bull, monster, cranberry juice, orange juice etc

>I'm tough because I can drink stronger poison than you

Attached: e596703d2567c45357611a5d76cbca44.jpg (500x378, 35K)

What did you do? Bit late of a response from me but hey.

About to go hand my CV out to a few bars lads, should I take out the part showing my Computing degree or just leave it in?

My CV would be pretty bland without it as I have zero bar experience

Attached: 1449463707068.png (400x400, 54K)