Why are broken men so addicted to self-improvement and discipline?

Why are broken men so addicted to self-improvement and discipline?

Attached: 1546364615461.jpg (720x753, 94K)

You answered your own question. If something is "broken", you fix it.

Why does something broke desire to be fixed and better.
I can imagine what a champ you are OP.

They already tried hedonism.

i’m a wageslave and my life is hell so i like the one ounce of control i can have over my existence by working out

i feel fucking empty all the time except sometimes at the gym

lifting heavy weights makes me forget about how broken i am just for a little bit

What do you mean by broken?
I grew up in a violent area so some part of me always needs to feel strong enough to protect myself.

schizophrenic here, it's easy to wallow in being broken, use it as a crutch, delude yourself into thinking your problems aren't fixable as an excuse to not try - ultimately it leads to a state of not being alive until the day you kill yourself or actually try

if youre truly a schizo please kill yourself so you dont hurt others in the future

I had a paychotic period too. Shits nasty. The medication doesn’t help, and every day feels like a hellish journey to get to sleep. I feel for you man.

I don't think you actually mean this I'm pretty sure you're just trying to make me feel bad for some reason, if you have genuine concern and aren't just trying to put me down to make yourself feel better it's worth noting in real life schizophrenics aren't usually dangerous, I have no history of hurting or thinking about hurting anyone and engage with health services, my doctors are so confident in my stability they've taken me off medication but if they ever suggested it I'd follow their advice, I know this might make me seem overly emotion but seriously think about how you just told someone they should kill themselves because of something they had no control over

thanks and I know what you mean about the medication when I was on it all I thought about was when they'd let me come off it, as bad as it is though I think for a lot of people it's the right choice, it's just hard to see it that way when you're on them

I am being very serious. Your mental illness is going to ruin everyone that you surround yourself with. and its not worth a lifetime of misery.

Most schizos aren't violent

you were born not ready for this world. it might be best to push the restart button. one second you could be "fine" and the next youve lost your mind completely and you got no one to blame but yourself

>why do broken men want to fix themselves?
A MYSTERY FOR THE AGES

Nuther Schizophrenic here, never been violent in my entire life. You're watching too many films. Having an odd head doesn't make one a nutter. If anything I feel a lot of joy in my life for the world that I live in despite the bad shit that can happen in it.

what about emotionally/mentally abusive? people who are forced to deal with you all think that schizos are a waste of life and they would much rather not waste their time on your mentally handicapped bullshit.

think about it--everyone would agree that they would rather not have that sort of burden

ofc the schizo is going to try to defend himself on the internet

you know whats best and listen to yourself. just end it now

Lmao bro stop watching movies. Schizophrenia is one of the gayest mental illnesses there is, because people tend to be very aware of their psychosis. Schizos who literally can't tell truth from hallucination at all are a minority, usually having suffered some type of abuse when they're young.

what're you basing this on?
>one second you could be "fine" and the next youve lost your mind completely
the fact you think this shows you don't even have a basic understanding of schizophrenia, going from stable to unstable doesn't happen overnight
>they would much rather not waste their time on your mentally handicapped bullshit.
>the doctors who're getting paid to help you don't want to help you
also why the assumption I'm a burden on anyone, can you name one person I'm a burden on and why I'm a burden on them?

>why do broken people desire self-improvement
I don't wanna be broken forever

There's something profoundly sad about seeing you trying to play edgy Hannibal Lecter with that guy and unsuccessfully get into his head because literally everyone reading this is thinking of you as the retard and him as the rational one. You just sound dumb.

Samefagging won't make it untrue, btw.

not watching movies

know a guy who consistently threatens to those around him that he will kill himself

attempts to in a cry for attention and is in and out of mental hospitals, doesnt pay his bills and cost tax payers money because of his bullshit

also took some acid and lost his mind and was a danger to those around him. refuses to take meds. a clear danger to society who needs to be put down like a dog

read this faggot

youre mentally disabled

fixed

people like you disgust me. fucking scums

I have read the guy defending me, did you read it?

lmao good comeback, Hannibal

Attached: Snap 2019-01-17 at 13.51.16.png (350x127, 8K)

Why do unhappy people try to become happy?

oh ok the guy is basing his entire opinion on his experience with 1/50million - do you think that's a good argument? I've had more experience with schizos than him so since you're acting like his experience with 1 makes his opinion valid then by your own broken logic my opinion is more valid since I've had experience with more than one schizophrenic

oh and all so none of the negatives he said about the 1 guy he has experience with applies to me

don't listen to them user, i think your pretty great, dont give up! were all gonna make it

Attached: Blessed pepe.jpg (396x385, 27K)

> I know this one guy
And?

Pretty sure you are projecting mate, my mental illness has only made me kinder and more compassionate. It also fuels my self improvement and gym sessions. Haven't taken medication in a year and a half and have held a steady well paying job for 9 months now and looking at a promotion at the end of the year. I'm grateful for the problems I have experienced in life because with out them I would be some one different. Can you say the same? I have an amazing group of supportive friends that are always there for me of even if it's 4am and I just need to talk. Guessing from the fact that you seem to spend your time posting like this on Jow Forums I would say that your life is far less unfulfilling than mine.

Good job user, you've already made it. But you can do even better, never stop improving.

Broken? It's those who have to drown in cocktails of various narcotics in order to even feel something, cling to a life stupor and hedonism or stuff their faces full of cheap trash, who are broken.

We are the textbook definition of normal, as we rise to adapt and overcome life's various challenges, same as our ancestors did before us, which in turn let them reach the stars or conquer the oceans.

We are humans surrounded by a bunch of two bit retards, who would rather larp as plants and just exist as opposed to realising their full god given potential.

Broken.... I'd fucking slap your faggot face.

Attached: 1546704609502.jpg (800x509, 209K)

Broken? I am in no way broken. I lift in order to look more aesthetic and reap the benefits of being better looking both professionally and socially.

Who says I'm broken? I'm more full and content than I've ever been.

Attached: 1542798449488.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

check back in a year schizo

hopefully (?) you wont blow your brains out by then

>Self-improvement = schizophrenia

I smell fat acceptance and toxic femininity undertones.

Attached: 1543421716583.jpg (771x702, 95K)

Life happens, failed relationships, mistakes, destructive vices, you name it.
There is nothing to gain by perpetuating self defeat and beta attitudes.

The only way out of it is to go UP. Some of us want to be good guys and move forward.
Otherwise go back to Jow Forums

I hope you find happiness user

Well considering I've had a diagnosis since I was 17 and I'm now 27 I think I have a pretty good understanding of my warning signs. I've also never been suicidal as I don't suffer with long term depression.

I think you do though, and you should seek help for that. Good Luck.

Hope you get what you want too, I find great meaning in the process of improving myself. My end goal is a nice bit of land in the countryside shared with a few friends and their family's. The thought of doing pull ups in my forest gym keeps me motivated.

Lifting is barely a display of discipline.
Mental, tedious, slow tasks, those take discipline. Lifting is easy.

lifting is the easy part - doing it every week/day is the hard part

how does a tool fix itself?

Man the meds made me so emotionless and flat. Life just felt so lacking in stimulus on them. Thank god for psychotherapy and coping mechanisms. I’d much rather be free of those pills. Pretty sure they permanently fucked up my speech and hand eye coordination too.

a schizo saying i should seek help kek

what a joke

Sounds like something a pussy afraid of lifting would say.

daschund1

>lifting is easy
Then why don't you do it? Oh that's right you're a pussy.

because degenerates hedonism stops being interesting after a couple of days