/fast/ - #366 - YOUR BRAP MAY BE A SHRAP EDITION

FAQ
/fast/ discord
>discord.gg/dknZqPb
What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes, headarse.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

Prolonged fast Q&A: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

Previous:

Attached: SHAMUEL.jpg (185x185, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1yryO3Z1jkpAvpSAIyVvg1v8QEPerV8vhrVKHY0Fb1uc/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

finally a new thread

asked this in the one:

anyone have experience with bioimpedance scales? I know they won't be exact, but are their good for a general sense of day to day fat loss?

Planning on buying one from aliexpress

in the old one*

when I use this salt, does that mean when I break my fast for example 15 days in, I can just go all out on eating like buger king/mcdonalds instead of eating bit by bit?

Attached: 1546926173934.jpg (2880x2560, 3.3M)

Just broke my fast after 24hrs. Didn't feel hungry and I wanted to go longer, but I felt vaguely sick and got worried. I think watching chubbyemu made me a hypochondriac. Should've just slept through it.

Ate 2 chicken breasts and now I feel great. Going to try for 48hrs again.

Try pic related.

Forgot pic.

Attached: 1547745937.png (773x215, 20K)

15 days wouldn't be that bad, but no. Besides the usual electrolytes, the problem with refeeding syndrome is the lack of phosphorous. Plenty of food is rich on it, so you eat little by little to use your reserves and to get more from the food you are eating.

snake oil is a meme
if youre going to fast it should be water only

Attached: 123123144.png (680x510, 422K)

What's is the 4:1 ratio referring to? For every 4 apples you eat 1 sausage or is it in grams like every 20g of fruit is 5g of meat?

Honestly I've seen this exact post before that I suspect this is a troll. It's by weight so the latter.

extended fasting will lower your blood pressure quite a bit which leads to Orthostatic hypotension, typical symptoms are dizziness, black spots in vision when standing up rapidly.

its best to check your BP to ensure it doesnt become dangerously low.

I just want to begin my first extended water fast, so i took himalayan salt, salt lite and magnesium sulphate. However i could not find potassium chloride on it's own that's why i bought the salt lite. Am i ok to start? Are all of that nessesary? Plz enlighten me!

So I should buy one of those bags that wrap around your arm to check for bp?

ty

You're pretty much set. Go for a day or two on fresh water, then start with the snake juice. You'll have plenty of electrolytes until after that point.

You can to be safe, or use one at a GP's office if they allow you to do it, honestly if you wanted to minimise any risk of fasting, you should be medically supervised but as long as you're not ignoring any major symptoms while fasting, you should be fine.

Basically if it gets to the point where most of the time you're getting dizziness from simply standing up, then you should up your salt intake or think about stopping or minimizing your physical activity.

What can I do to control the shits? Is it the coffee? Please help.

Thanks man.. Should i take baking soda too?

Honestly, all you really need is salt and potassium for the first while. Magnesium can help with some symptoms, but isn't ultra necessary.

Baking soda will help you if you go on an extended fast and need to refeed slowly. As somebody said above, 1L of water and baking soda to help your stomach accept the fruit/meat. Avoid veggies and carbs for the first day or maybe two of the refeed.

How long would I have to fast to go from 15 to 10% body fat? starting weight 70kg 154lbs

Night 5. I can't fucking sleep. It's 5 am and I've been trying since 1. What the fuck can I do? Is this a normal fast related issue?

Same guy. I'm only new to fasting. Are sleeping tablets a good idea during a fast?

So some research yo fool. Electrolytes are super important while fasting and significantly improve the experience and safety. I get why some people would blindly think it's a fad but there is real science behind it.

>end of week 5
>13 kgs down, 13 more to go
>progress has slowed down
>only losing half a pound per day dry fasting
>taking a week off
>then switching to snake juice fast only and lifting when uni gym opens
see you FATTIES in a week

Yeah, do that so you can die and stop spouting dumb shit

By the end of this months snake juice fast I should be at the weight I want. Probably end it there if I feel like it, it'll be a 17 days fast.

AVERAGE REPORTS OF 1 POUND A DAY FOR MALES. OBESE MALES COULD BE MUCH HIGHER.

JUST IN CASE: YOU SHOULDN'T BE REFEEDING ON THE JUNK THAT GOT YOU FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

COULD BE DETOX SYNDROMES. THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR ARE CURRENT HEALTH ISSUES YOU ALREADY HAVE, PARTICULARLY WITH THE HEART.
STOP BEING SCARED, THAT MINDSET WILL DESTROY YOU IN THE FUTURE. GROW SOME BALLS AND TAKE CHARGE FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE.

UPDATED THE WIKI FOR CLARITY.

REMEMBER TO KEEP THE SODIUM:POTASSIUM AT A 1:1 RATIO. DOESN'T HAVE TO BE EXACT, JUST GET NEAR IT.

Yes it is a common issue. Fasting drastically increases nor-epinephrine. It gives you crazy amounts of energy and sometimes it can be tough to sleep. It usually happens day 4 or 5 for me. The more you fast the more you'll get used to it. For me, it generally only messes up one night of sleep. Keep going if you feel alright.

COFFEE IS GARBAGE AND CAN BE CAUSING YOU TO SHIT.
ALSO COULD BE TOO MUCH SALTS AT ONCE. SIP SNAKE JUICE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

THAT'S FOR YOU TO FIND OUT. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DO 72S OR LESS, DEPENDING ON HOW WELL YOU CAN SLEEP.

NO. IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE REM SLEEP.

CHECKED.
HE'S TROLLING, user.

CHECKED.
GOOD LUCK. TAKE PICTURES, IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, FOR PROOF THAT YOU DID IT.

I've been taking melatonin before my fast, still do but it knocks me the fuck out. I know melatonin doesnt make you sleep but helps induce REM I guess it still makes me sleepy.

>going for a one week fast
>Get an email that it's time to donate blood again
>Not about to drop a unit on an empty stomach
>900 calorie lunch
Made it 70 hours, didn't even feel hungry yet. I can just stop eating again, right?

learn about this a year ago. read the books, watched the videos, but never worked for me below 15%bf. I dont want to call this a meme diet, i did worked hard and learned a lot about it, but how cant I after such dissapointing results?

Attached: skinny-fat-252x300.jpg (252x300, 20K)

after finishing my fast is it okay to eat noodles? I like it when you call me phat

>AVERAGE REPORTS OF 1 POUND A DAY FOR MALES. OBESE MALES COULD BE MUCH HIGHER.

I know, I just want to know if bioimpedance scales are worth it.

You can also just say no to someone getting your vital fluids though. Like, just say no.

Anyone here tried a mt dew fast? Really wanna fast but I need my four sodas a day lol

did you workout or just did the diet?

pathetic

But donating blood saves lives.

Did two 48 hour fasts, went from 96kg to 92.3kg. 3 weeks later i have only gained 700g. Gonna do it again.

>bioimpedance scales are worth it.
They're not, major fluctuations on bf%

well, shit. That was the most important measure.

Can someone explain to me the diet soda question? I know it spikes insulin, and insulin stops the body from using fat reserves. So if I'm on an extended fast where does my body get the energy from? If diet soda has zero calories what is my body using for energy if I'm effectively consuming zero calories yet I'm not burning fat?

Attached: Mexican-Beef-Stuffed-Peppers_exps157665_ESC3139121C03_29_6bC_RMS-2-696x696.jpg (696x696, 78K)

Some updates:
docs.google.com/document/d/1yryO3Z1jkpAvpSAIyVvg1v8QEPerV8vhrVKHY0Fb1uc/edit

Lost 2.15 kg since 2 days ago. Made a spreadsheet in excel with the measurements made so far, and included estimates considering the lowest (calculated TDEE) and highest (average from last fasts). If you want to look at it, or download for personal use, the links are the in the last entry.

>48 hours into fast
>Food tastes amazing, feel okay
>72 hours into fast
>Food tastes awful, but feel sick

Why is this?

They're stupid, and what they've told you is wrong.

>I know it spikes insulin*

*citation needed

mixed reports on this shit, take your diet soda of choice and drink it for a day after you've entered ketosis, then do a piss test with keto stix, if you're still in keto you'll be fine

reminder everyone in here says they lose between half a pound and a pound of fat per day but nobody gets abs no mater how many months this general goes on for

Attached: DSC_0023.jpg (640x1136, 127K)

Post butt

no

nigger how? have you ever had food, or a goddamn beer?

AFTER YOU DO THE STANDARD PRE-REFEED STUFF, YES. IF YOU'RE FAT, YOUR REFEED SHOULD BE AIR AND TEARS TO REPLENISH YOUR ELECTROLYTES.

HE'S TROLLING. DOES THIS EVERYDAY.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES, DON'T DONATE BLOOD THIS ONE TIME AND COMMIT TO YOUR GOALS.

DO LONGER FASTS FOR BETTER RESULTS.

I DIDN'T REPORT IN LAST NIGHT, BUT I MIGHT TONIGHT IF I'M NOT BUSY.

SIDE EFFECT OF KETOSIS & BEING FAT ADAPTED, LET YOUR BODY RUN OFF OF STORED FUEL FOR A WHILE.

Not the user but thanks for being so helpful my guy
entering day 3 of my fast with snake juice, am i safe to continue my use of DNP + EC-stack while fasting?

Well you know, you should still workout your abs so when you lose the fat you have something to show

Measure myself on 1st January, I'm 52.3kg, now I measure myself today and I'm 48.6kg.
I did a 3 day fast on 1st January but I drank hot chocolate only on the 2nd and 3rd day, then ate normally. Then about the 8th of January I did another 3 day fast but only drank 300 calories of aloe vera on 2nd and 3rd day. Then I ate normally following days.
On the 13th I fastested for real until today I'm still fasting, for 5 days right now, in 1 hour will be my 6th.

I now about losing a lot of water on your fast but might my weight calculater be wrong? I'm almost on my 6th day but my belly hurts and leg aches still, even when I'm doing the snake juice.

Attached: 1519569095544.jpg (2560x1440, 412K)

height, gender?

170cm, goy

post body, you should be at the lowest end of acceptable bodyfat. there should be almost no more reason to lose more fat. if you are not happy with your body then that means you have 0 muscle and need to lift.
even twink mode requires some muscles to look thinner. you can just workout hard but eat at maintenance to not gain a lot of muscle if thats your goal. but i will tell you that it would be better to do leangains and slightly overeat.

because people didnt work out their abs?

>be me
>do IF and lift hard for a year
>always eat high protein (0.82g/lb)
>weight goes down then up because I always manage to fuck up diet sokind of recomp takes place
>say fuck it I just wanna be ripped
>start longer fasts

I can see my top 2 abs outline. I reckon by the time im done with my 7 day fast I should see more.

Lifting is fucking important along with fasting. Fasting gets rid of fat, lifting builds muscle.

nono I do have muscles but how can I lose weight that fast from 52.3 to 48.6 kg with just a bit of fasting??

you have a problem. stop fasting asap

or post body

?
you stopped eating and workout. you fasted for 10 total days. thats like 3kg of fat right there. then you might have eaten a bit below maintenance on other days

>Took bioimpedace measure before holidays. 43.5/16 % muscle fat
>Spent holiday eating normal, maybe high amounts
>I know I gained some weight
> Start fasting last 2 weeks 16/8 for starters
>measured today: 40/18.5

Is fasting not for me? Or sedentarism and regular eating fucked me up completely

I'm skinny fat and this last love handles are pissing me off

Bio impedance doesn’t work it’s wildly unreliable.

Look I got muscles on my arms even at this weight. I haven't done any lifting or exserise in the last 6+ years, I used to do pullups, and have kept the muscles that I did on it after all this time.

Attached: 1523369918111.jpg (1080x1100, 426K)

nigga you're anorexic buy some roids for fucks sake

Dude... Why are you fasting

I told u previous threads agp, I was 52.3kg and wanted to get down so I can go eat mcdonalds. Double cheese burger, and large french fries, deserts and donuts

There's no way I get potassium chloride powder here. Is there a replacement for making snake juice?

Where should I be looking for those muscles?

>WORKING ON BULKING WITH A 23H DRY FASTING ROUTINE TO SEE IF IT'LL DO ANYTHING.
i want to do the same as you, what is your refeed meal? i can already see my ribs bone, veins on my oblique, my deltoid definition, but still have lots of fats on my belly... or do you suggest other alternative?

Location?

You can probably get it at major supermarkets, or health-oriented stores, either separately or with sodium chloride. They are a healthier alternative to people with high blood pressure.

>and have kept the muscles
did you put them in some jar in your freezer? Sounds pretty sick, can you show them to us?

who else fantasizes about what food there going to eat?

a nice bowl of porridge with banana and mango

i love people trying to make fasting not mainstream.. makes me feel cool and him feeling weak cause he cannot control his hunger.. what a loser lol

wait actually measured myself on the 13th and it was 52.3kg, I'm now 48.6kg. Its either mostly water that has been lost or/and have really fast metabolism.
I binge eat a lot in the past, like chocolate, donut, lots of bread with butter, cereal, banana and hot chocolate in a single day

I actually hope I don't have abs....

Attached: 1dd.jpg (640x932, 91K)

starting a 7 day fast. on day 3 rn
>Day 1: 77.3 kg
>Day 2: 78.0 kg
>Day 1: 76.5 kg
weight is a weird thing

just finished day 2, starting day 3, i said fuck it and went to try today as well and im going tomorrow no more excuses if i feel like shit i would rather faint than breaking my fast, will going berserk will make me loose more weight? yesterday i was 200 now im 197, my goal is 170-180 how long would it take if i do OME3D?

If you chop your arms and legs off you'll lose a lot of weight

:)

Day 4 of 7 done, m8s

Attached: 4c533516-ef95-415f-9e08-150473fc1748.jpg (1182x974, 71K)

based user-rexic

you're the 13% BF guy?

Isn't fasting the easiest way to reach single digit BF?

Nah, I'm around 14 or 15 if I'm not very mistaken. I want to get to at least 10%, so I'm fasting to shed the remaining fat. Then I'll do a lean bulk or something to gain some lean pounds back.

S P O O K Y
F U C K I N G
S K E L E T O N

Fucking hell, if you want abs you need to actually fucking work out. And eat protien. Or some thing. Jesus you look like you've spent the last six years in a soviet gulag offering bucci to the guards in exchange for an extra half ration of onions milk.

Im a REALLY big boy with muscles if I run while on snake juice how do I tell Im drinking too little or too much? I dont know the signs.
Should I drink the 2 liters? 350 pounds, 6'2''.

You also gotta eat high protein overall and lift
I don't have abs but getting there

Attached: inCollage_20180429_145611955.jpg (1920x1920, 2.34M)

Just drink more snake juice if you feel
>light-headed
>lethargic
>high heart rate

very lithe

results from my first long fast.

starting weight: 201.4 kgs/ 444lb
2 day refeed/ break from fasting ??? (weight unknown)
112 hour fast
ending weight 198 kgs/ 436.5 lbs
total loss 3.4 kgs/ 7.5 lbs

how did i do?
I think i'm gonna stick with 72s for in the future. sleeping problems were too much of a pain.

with that kinda weight go for longer fasts like 5 days.
Day 2 is hardest.
My day 2 was yesterday and I was lethargic af. Day 3 today and i feel great

good progress

holy fuck, those are some good numbers
here im stuck at 197.... only 1lb per day...

i would totally go for longer but night 4 and 5 i couldn't sleep. layed in bed for hours
see
i did 4 and a half days (sunday 8pm to friday 1pm)

avoid sleeping tablets in general and avoid all sorts of caffeine 8-10 hrs before sleeptime

i honestly dont know why you are having trouble sleeping, i get sleepy all day and my body literally asks for me to go to sleep around 8pm when im water fasting