Redpill me on fasting

Redpill me on fasting

Attached: 1547563557925.jpg (1024x1013, 135K)

It's good for you within reason.

>Lets body reset / Purifying effects
>You realize what hunger is as opposed to eating out of boredom, routine, etc
>increases mental fortitude
>Triggers autophagy (no homo).

Will definitely kill gains if you go overboard. Also, make sure to drink electrolytes if you live any sort of athletic lifestyle. When you go into ketosis your body will flush a lot out.

Good way to lose weight.

Good way to become a trap
Source: my ass

But is it good for cutting?

How long does it take to go into ketosis?
Ive read 3 days, that sucks but is it true?

>wonder about fasting
>look up some info
>"its awesome and totally healthy, best thing in the world"
>try it out
>2 days fasted, feel a fart, let it out
>accidentally shit my pants
>look this up, surely it cant be normal
>countless resources saying its normal
>"haha dont trust farts, welcome to the club"
>"i bring extra underwear to work, saved my ass a couple times haha"
>"you're just detoxing, this is a good thing"
>"try adult diapers, they really do help" (not joking)
>wtf these people are nuts
>decide to look up more shit about fasting
>"one time I went blind for 2 hours haha"
>"oh man you must not have been taking the right vitamins, fasting is totally safe and healthy"
>immediately go back to a normal cutting diet
Dont trust the fasting community. They're legit lunatics.

Attached: 1543198304566.gif (194x269, 498K)

not that long but the longer you fast the more ketones your piss will have

actually experienced snaker here ama

right now doing schedule of 72h fasts with big ass refeeds
Deadlifted 200kg for easy reps today, 24 h into fast

wtf is wrong with you? i mean wtf

Is fasting on Sunday enough for some benefits?

24h is literally nothing

48h might be worth something, seems to help with my skin conditions (i have some sores on hands that appear and disappear randomly)

Haha, literally the first time I've read about fasting making you shit your pants. Why is everyone shitting themselves?

Why do people do intermittent fasting and get good results then? Or is it not "fasting" in the actual sense

Strongmen are disgusting

fasting, keto etc are all memes
balanced diet, hard lifting and patience

I've never shitted myself when fasting because I know that carbs are out of my system and the bacteria aren't making any gases from fermenting the indigestible matter, so any ""fart"" is the real deal.

Balanced diet is a meme, 3-5 evenly spaced of the same macros food is a meme.
The industrial revolution and it's consequences for mankind is a meme.

my take on it is
the bigger the window of eating you have, the more autistic and strict you have to be with macros to stay lean and as strong as possible at given weight.
Also it seems that fasting is more muscle (or at least strength given my own experience with it) sparing than just caloric deficit.
Also hunger is far more manageable when you fast.

with that being said, theres fair reasoning behind keeping your insulin (and blood sugar) as low as possible and as often as possible to increase anabolic response to food, and reduce inflammation

If you are on steroids, dont fucking bother.
But i truly believe OMAD is the way to bulk for nattys, and for cutting 48-72 hour fasts, the leaner you are the shorter the fast because you will start losing sleep due to cortisol when you are too lean.
Can you get same results just autistically counting macros? Sure.
Do you honestly want to do it? I dont.

-17 lbs since 1/1/18 doing 48 hour fasts with big keto refeeds. Wasn't a lardass, but definitely skinnyfat. Starting to see abs, new lines here and there, etc. I'll be done with my cut and ready for recomp by February at this rate. I haven't tested all my lifts, but my deadlift has barely suffered.

You can be as sensible (me, most posters here) or as nonsensical (le piss drinking snek man) about it as you want.

Good luck

Yes. I’m doing 16:8 IF right now and I’m a newbie. I’m gaining plenty in muscle and my lifts are not stalling, but I’m only eating 2k cals per day.
I also did straight fasting from 201 to 157 with several 7 day+ fasts drinking snake joose.
No loose skin, shit is amazing.

Attached: 650694D9-1696-4E24-8BB0-C51353638038.jpg (3264x2448, 1.29M)

The advantages are undeniable great results in a very short period of time.
The disadvantages? You better control your eating habits after fasting. Because if you start eating like you used to do you will regain everything, plus tip.
Also, every doctor will tell you it's a kick in the balls for your health. If you really need it, go for it, a little won’t hurt. Just try to use it as little as possible.

It depends on how much glucose is in your system. I’ve taken a week before, and 1 day.

>Alkaline water
Retarded

Don't fast unless you know how to do it.
I used to fast back in March last year, but I had to cut 44 pounds. Took me 2 months. If you can't dedicate yourself to it, do not start it.

17 lbs in a year is shit results, user. i lost 75 lbs in 6 months doing 600 cal days 5x a week

I have never shit myself from fasting. True story.

liver glycogen to be correct

Read fasting general faq
Watch Jason Fung MD series on fasting

>blind for 2 hours

I consider myself lucky then. Fasted for 56 days before and nothing bad happened to me. I read all the symptoms of side effects and I reacted accordingly to them.

Oh shit, I meant 1/1/19. I'm at a rate of ~1 lb a day

based and true. fastfags can suck my pp

i did fasting and snake juice for 4 days and a two day dry fast. no shitting at all and for sure no blindness. i felt good the whole time

How retarded are you user?

I really like this image, it's funny and combines two of the fields I am knowledgeable about. Great Job to whoever made this! :)

Yes, you are.

if you have fasted a lot before and went into keto a lot you might be fat adapted, this means you have trained your body to easily switch between ketones and glucose.
this will help you go into keto faster but it also allows you to force ketosis with long workouts.
if you do a carb depletion workout and fast and are fat adapted you can get into keto/fasting mode in 1 day