R9k, can you cook?

r9k, can you cook?

how can i learn to cook?

tired eating hotpockets, bagel bites, and shit like that

Attached: 1427687994036.jpg (500x375, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1AxLzMJIgxM&list=PLopY4n17t8RD-xx0UdVqemiSa0sRfyX19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the easiest way to learn how to cook is buy a crock pot

Watch YouTube cooking shows
I like chef john

Get a rice cooker

Start small by making pasta and experiment with making sauces. Once you know the main ingredients you can just build them up from there. Pasta isn't as boring when you have different sauces.
Look for recipes for beginners, maybe buy a cook book with things that interest you.
Cooking isn't hard, you just have to put in some time to learn the basics and after that it's easy, especially with so many recipes out there.
Something easy would be making pancakes yourself for example, you won't have to buy the shitty tubed pancake batter anymore.
Idk, shit like that.
Pizza is easy to make as well. Just need a recipe for the dough and that's it. Put on it whatever you want, make a tomato sauce, put cheese on top and that's it.

i actually have been here too much that i've read this as cock.
Wait, what are you doing in my board go to /ck/ and line up with McDonald's threads

oven or

Cooking isn't particularly difficult, user. It just takes practice to cook well

Attached: 2018-05-03 14.46.14.jpg (1885x1060, 1.29M)

Go vegan. Do it nao.

The best step is to jump right in.
Some tips right off the bat:
1. Clean work space, holy shit you don't know how important that is until you don't have it. Hair and debris getting in the food is gross and demotivating. Wipe everything down and clean as you go. It sounds obvious but it really is important (mil and fil are borderline hoarders and cooking for them is a nightmare)
2. Start by making recipes you already know (homemade mac and cheese for example) so you can gage how well you made it, how it's supposed to taste, etc.
3. Watch tutorials and cooking shows. You can learn a lot on techniques (how to saute, cutting techniques, etc.)
Also, as gay as it sounds, pinterest. Gather up a bunch of recipes, have fun with it.
Hope this helps, user .

Attached: 1494150645044.jpg (319x331, 9K)

shit, also don't wing it with ingredients when you're first starting

Cooking is the easiest thing on the planet. Especially when you are a man of simple and natural tastes.

Just put a steak in the pan for a couple minutes, flip it two or three times, steam some vegetables on the other burner, bing bang boom you have now become master chef. I don't even season my food, I just make it hot.

>I don't even season my food
>mfw

Attached: Disgusting.jpg (540x801, 70K)

>he doesn't like to taste the meat and vegetables
>has to add (((spices))) instead of showing proper respect to that which has been slaughtered or harvested for his consumption

Attached: 1539343396551.jpg (629x678, 37K)

>proper respect for something that was mass slaughtered and drugged up

>thinking you're special or eating plain boring food

Attached: f717e1d739a6ca8d54a6b7e0f6e8b1c6a1df9f2015efc2b40f6960924d8b32c1.jpg (625x635, 43K)

>not using spices to enhance the flavors
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 76469256.jpg (300x300, 66K)

I never said I was. I'm glad you think I'm special though. Remember that you can always strive to be more like me, nothing is holding you back. We are both humans in the world.

Nah. Humans season their food, dirty animals don't (for the most part)

Humans do a lot of things, few are virtuous. Take the ascetic pill, my friend.

>Implying spices aren't harvested in the same way vegetables are

By your logic, any meal you make with more than one ingredient is such an offense. That bite of carrot you took before that bite of chicken influences that bite of chicken. What, was the chicken not good enough? You had to add carrot to it?

>he puts more than one bite in his mouth at once
Are you some kind of barbarian? Did your parents fail to teach you simple table manners?

If you're going to cook for other people, keep presentation in mind. No one will want to eat it if it tastes good but looks like shit.

Attached: 1541345169009.jpg (620x465, 78K)

Normalfag hands typed this post

Just watch 1000 hours of the food network/Chef Gordon Ramsey.

My man, cooking is great.
If you are willing to spend time learning, go for it. It is fascinating and rewards you so much.
Baking will bring you friends
Good cooking will bring you respect.
Start slow, just take simple recipe.
Try cookies, nothing simpler than that to bake.
As for easy cooking, try some stir fry.
Cook all your ingredients separately and the secret is to cook them on high heat. Don't move them around. Be patient.
At least 3min before you stir them.
You need to give them that nice golden colour and your vegies must stay a bit crunchy.
Cooking is a pleasur.
Pour yourself some wine, put a good playlist,find a good and simple recipe and follow all the instructions precisely.
I started like that and now I can cook like 10 differant dishes without any recipe, and like 5 differant dessert.
You will be amazed at how good and tasty your dishes can be.
You won't waste money eating out.
You will find a new respect in farmers and in good products.
And you will have the satisfaction to know what you put in your body.
You are on the right path !

I'd say from level 1-15 you should be cooking shrimp, then from 15-25 trout, 25-35 salmon Levels 35-50 Tuna, Levels 50-75 Lobster Levels 68-99 Jug of wine

you're gonna be training for a while user so keep at it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>not baking during the holidays for your family to show you appreciate them
this nigga

Attached: 1541341744981.jpg (640x772, 92K)

Imagine if this guy made a salad
>yo, that's not a salad, it's just a bowl of lettuce
>that's fine, a little salad dressing and plain lettuce is fine
no dressing
>wut?
>have to add (((dressing))) instead of showing proper respect to that which has been harvested for you consumption

>Implying there's absolutely no trace of what you put in your mouth from the bite before

Also, you dragged Varg into this, when his philosophy as it would pertain to food is centered around using native/regional resources, not "I can't let my peas and mashed potatoes touch". It's Odalism, not Autism.

I unironically don't use dressing. I just eat spinach. Dressing is awful for you.

>Put noodles in water
>Add spices
>Add curry paste and hotter spices
>Put ramen in bowl
>Crack an egg open and place on noodles, to cook in bowl

jugs of wine are for rich people. i dont remember a lot from rs but there is a point after 80 (i think its 90, to be perfectly honest i don't care enough too google) that you stop burning sharks with cooking gauntlets so they are the best xp/price efficiency option.

>I'll use my "appeal to your reaction image" card!
I don't see how Varg's philosophy and my own conflict. He just needs to take the ascetic pill as I have.

Attached: 1540444022101.png (694x692, 95K)

>Dressing is awful for you.
Only if you're pouring on a gallon of ranch or cheese dressing
>touch of oil. Touch of vinegar. Fresh pepper. Hint of coarse salt. Good to go

Oh you guys. I've been away for a really long time...came back to this as my first thread in years. Those pointless yet witty, confused yet weirdly enough well structured exchanges.
I got my fix. Now pick up those sporks and duel!! Winner gets to eat the looser. With or without spices. There is no answer, there is only entertainment.
Aaaaand....GO!

>Tries to emulate Varg
>Fails
>Gets defensive about it being pointed out
>Talks about ascetic pill via the internet
>Uses a pic with zero potential relevance so it won't happen again

>Genuinely didn't know little bits of food remain in your mouth in between bites

>>Tries to emulate Varg
Got that from a single reaction image, did you?

Attached: 1516206675402.jpg (1080x1349, 180K)

Who tf are you? "sporks" shut up fag

Zoomer pls go

You are not allowed to handle knifes anymore, remember?
I'm the guy sitting there with the popcorn.
Too busy waging meaningless wars to notice me before?
Eeeexcellent.

Start by following recipes to the letter. After some experience you will be able to improvise on your own.

>put pan on stovetop
>turn on heat
>put food item in pan
>wait until it's cooked
>remove food item
Are NEETs really so fucking dumb and useless they can't figure this out? Just kill yourselves useless NEETcucks.

Attached: 1533967859253.png (936x1124, 1.28M)

>be me
>never been able to bond with anyone in my family that wasn't into vidya or something
>I like guns though
>grandfather passes down his 12 gauge to me
>get into hunting
>go hunting with uncle
>bring back a bunch of wild ducks
>dad gets excited and helps me grill them
>this becomes a yearly fall tradition now
>tfw my grandfather had the same tradition with his family
>gave me his shotgun knowing it was in my blood to continue the family hunting tradition

>a few weeks ago I ended up wrapping the ducks in bacon, stuffing them with poblano peppers, and grilling them over charcoal for an hour
>ended up being fucking delicious, my entire family (even the ones that were off put by the hunting part) were raving about the duck

sometimes life is fun

Yes im gonna cook a whole duck for tonight. Its traditional Morten's evening in denmark

Duck is the best poultry, I don't know why it's so unpopular here in Americuck compared to chicken and turkey.

Basics with babish playlists are pretty comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=1AxLzMJIgxM&list=PLopY4n17t8RD-xx0UdVqemiSa0sRfyX19

It really is. Not sure why it didn't catch on either. Same goes for rabbit, considering how quickly they're raised and how much meat they have on them.

That said, wild duck is very different from domesticated ducks you'll find at butcher shops. The meat is very dark, to the point where it's as dark as beef. There is very, very little fat on late season ducks due to their fat stores being used up during migration. This does make cooking them a bit finicky if you don't know how to work with such lean meat.

Learn to cook a fried egg to your liking. You'll fuck up dozens of eggs, but once you get it right you'll have a skill for life. Remember to use oil.