I hate when non Texans call Tex Mex "fake Mexican food". It's not fake Mexican food. It's not Mexican food...

I hate when non Texans call Tex Mex "fake Mexican food". It's not fake Mexican food. It's not Mexican food. It's Texan food made by Texans, it just has huge Mexican influence because of our proximity to Mexico. It's Southern + Mexican. Saying Tex Mex is fake Mexican is like saying Salvadorean food is fake Mexican because they eat similar shit but with slight differences. Yeah, we like flour tortillas over corn tortillas. We eat fajitas and nachos and enchiladas with beef and cheddar on everything. We eat chili con carne and pile shit onto tortilla chips.

Just because Taco Cabana sells bastardized version of my people's food doesn't mean that Tex Mex is all fucking Taco Cabana.

Fuck off.

Attached: B56FE481-C05B-40B9-A7B0-F9BF873B2848.png (793x526, 307K)

So what you are saying is it is heavily influenced Mexican food made by ignorant fat headed Texans? Sounds like fake Mexican food to me that wants to pretend it is a better than everyone else food.

Attached: 30086E5E-7B49-4562-A7C4-BBC98B44C1E2.jpg (500x625, 56K)

I JUST HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE MISTAKE MY FOOD FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S FOOD! MY FOOD! I'M LIKE, THAT'S MY FOOD!
Shut the fuck up faggot.

>my people's food
alright bruh, it's not fake mexican, it's just shitty mexican food. also if it's not made by mexicans, it's even shittier mexican food.

your "people" spit on the concept of balancing out flavors. you might as well be proud of eating doritos and mountain dew. great thread by the way, weirdo.

Tex Mex isn't better than Mexican food, it's just a different type of food. I honestly prefer Mexican tacos to Texan tacos. It's not fake, it's Southerners and Mexicans coming together to create something new, fuck you.

>t. has only eaten Taco Cabana
Suck a dick

>being Texan
>Living in a state surrounded by Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Mexico.
>Living in a state that was only 45% white in 2010

I've been to Texas, and Oregon. Although there's lots of hipster assholes in Oregon, they are easier to tolerate than all the shit skins and the terrible weather you'll find in Texas..

I can't relate to your personal problem but I hate that Mexicans think they are superior to us because their food is spicy and they like to dance and be loud in public

Texan here, shut up faggot

At one point does cheese, meat, rice, beans and cilantro in a tortilla become "American" food?

What would make it more authentic? Corn? Dysentery?

Oh christ I forgot tomato and onions. Still, how do I make "authentic" Mexican food because I am legitimately trying to make fusion dishes and I at least know using Cheddar is not authentic but using turkey in place of beef is.

Who gives a fuck? What is this shit?

Texans don't call it "fake Mexican" illegals working at wing stop tell me it's "fake Mexican". Source: I've worked with them.

Suicidate tejano gordo grasoso y pendejo

Dude whatever you want to call it it's still fucking disgusting. Gonna go mack a steak and shrimp burrito with fresh guac and enjoy having sidewalks and shit. Get rekt fag

Mexican food in and of itself varies vastly by whatever part of Mexico you're in that it doesn't even matter.

I'm from Arizona and have eaten Mexican food all my life. Even my own Mexican grandmother's cooking is usually similar to stuff people call "Tex-Mex". Every single Mexican in my city can be found eating ground beef enchiladas and using flour tortillas (except for tacos). Anybody that calls it "fake Mexican food" is an idiot.

Almost all food can be called "fake X" because it's all been adapted and changed from different peoples over centuries. The only thing I could ever called fake Mexican food is Taco Bell, but even then it's just its own thing entirely.

actually a lot of taco bell's ingredients are from mexico so it is

I even use corn tortillas and cook them with water, wet side up.

Apparently these purists have no fuckin clue what they're talking about. Christ that's sad.

what's your mole poblano recipe

Frijo negro
Chile de arbol
Chocolate
Cahuates
Sangre de secuestrado torturado
Pasas
Orina de jaguar

>Sangre de secuestrado torturado
Blood of the ... kidnapped ... turtle?

Tortured kidnapped people

How can people even be proud to be Texans. You basically bullied Mexico to the point of war and stole a good chunk of their land in the name of muh manifest destiny. Even Grant the general of Mexican American war that later became president said that America should be ashamed of what they did to Mexico. Bad enough you stole their land but you have to bastardize their food too? Mexico is the quintessential robot country

They "stole" land that was already stolen anyways

Thank you, I am trying my best not to use Google Translate with poor results.

Attached: mika.png (714x717, 988K)

Honestly I could take or leave Texas and the entire flaming west coast. I hope that shit hits yellowstone.

Tu no eres mexicano para de fingir

Attached: image.jpg (460x348, 24K)

God you burgers are disgusting.
Ol

>BLOOD OF THE KIDNAPPED TURTLE

new song name

Attached: brutal.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Jesus, this is what americans call food? Looks like something my dog would have puked, with loots of cheese on it

Top jej you sound like a commiefornian super homo OP bitching about """authenticity""" in his food like anyone gives a shit besides West Coast untermensch obsessed with having the most real """"experience""" with their goddamn sushi roll dinners or whatever faggot shit theyre always on about

Fake Mexican food is way better than actual Mexican food.

They don't even make proper burritos and they overuse shitty corn. They also eat intestine and nasty shit and squeeze lime on meats.

Such faggots.

>squeeze lime on meats

How can you have a problem with this? A little acidity works great to complement something savory, e.g. lemon chicken, vinegar bbq sauce, mustard on a sausage, or tartar sauce with fish.

Two things Tex-Mex does right, for my own personal tastes: Cheddar cheese and brisket. GENIUS INCLUSIONS

What's wrong: Literally everything else. I'm Californian so it would take going to fucking Texarkana or something to change my mind here. My sister used to live in Texas and she said even Texans talked shit on Tex-Mex. You can call it a fusion cuisine all you want, OP, but a lot of people find that stuff instinctively repulsive and it's not just because of its associations with white trash.

This thread is more interesting than sadboi blogposts, to be quite fuck

>I'm Californian

opinion discarded, fuck off, texas does not want any more of you cancerous niggers

My point was I come from a place which is dominated by authentic or pseudo-authentic Mexican cuisine. We have our own version of Tex-Mex here called Baja, but it's much more simpatico wey. If I was as elitist as you I'd tell you to fuck off for being in another state too, but seeing as this thread was started with the desire to be INCLUDED, I don't know why you're being such a little bitch about other voices speaking up. Frankly.

It's close. You were probably thinking "tortuga"

I don't call it fake Mexican. I call it disgusting. Because it is.

i can just picture the glasses and thinning hair on you right now. you already fucked up your own state, stay there. i'm glad your whore sister has left texas. never come here

I hope you find happiness in your food blogpost threads

Why does Tex-Mex have a poor reputation? Lettuce in tacos is the only problem I can think of. Other common Tex-Mex items like flour tortillas, crispy tacos, sour cream, and nachos are all good.

>Lettuce in tacos
>Flour tortillas
>Crispy tacos
>Sour cream
>Nachos

You don't *get* Mexican food, do you?

>Flour tortillas
>Crispy tacos
>Sour cream
>Nachos

Yea my point is that everyone likes those things even though they're not traditionally Mexican. Although sour cream actually is, it's just called crema instead.

Yeah, you don't get it. Tortillas de harina are traditional, so are tacos dorado, crema, and totopos (nachos my boy)

Come to California, we'll teach you.

Everything else < Mariscos
Anyone who disagrees is a disgusting piggy niggy
Prove me wrong

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1280, 208K)