What do you read, doomers?

What do you read, doomers?

Attached: 1542369820752.jpg (2320x2824, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ar6UGU_Pa4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Notes from the Underground maybe?

I love these pretentious fucking choices.

I'm sure daniel doomer in pic related barely even understands what he's reading.

actually a lot of books written by dosto are for doomers, but most of them just in the beginning, like notes from underground.

What's a doomer? I like some of these books

Drugs make you understand things

manga and visual novels

Hmm. Well.

You got me there.

A depressed and nihilistic 20yo weedsmoker.

camus
jung
fowles
krishmamurti

Attached: thinking on these things.jpg (525x366, 40K)

I will do a chart even for Doomers Manga Guide. Junji Ito, Shintaro Kago, Suehiro Maruo etc etc

The two topmost books are Heidegger's course on Parmenides and Roussel's Impressions D'Afrique

Attached: IMG_20181117_020504.jpg (3968x2240, 1.94M)

Sounds like me maybe I'll become one of them? Is the only other requirement that you have to believe the world is fucked?

the bardo thodol

get the 50s version

Patrician taste user.

Yea you got it. Welcome to the ckub; we shoukd create a doomer community over discord or similar lol

why should I read
i'm curious tell me

Attached: 1484328504781.jpg (900x1344, 82K)

What is that?

All this books are about fatalism, the limit of the human rationality, the degenaration inside every society, the nihilism, the loss of meaning

How is fawles?

>What do you read, doomers?
I am currently reading this. It is a very fascinating book about how the Russian secret services tried to wrangle the Internet. Theres a lot of extremely 1984 style shit in their regime, which sounds obvious, but then you realise 2007 was 11 years ago. A proper censoring, swallowing, totalitarian programme in the modern era is terrifying.

Attached: 1104E771-AF8B-497A-910D-F3D585388EBF.jpg (1125x1410, 1.66M)

In all honesty, being a doomer is a recursive exercise in pointlessness. I myself suffer from depression and well, all the trappings of doomeritude are just the effects of a lazy abandon to the tides of others' will. If one is to be recognized as just that, one, the irreducible unit of singular being, that kind of laziness can't be allowed.

>What is that?

liberation through hearing during the intermediate state

Attached: Bardo._Vision_des_divinités_sereines.jpg (459x650, 76K)

You cant escape from pointlessness if you cant see the point of escaping from poinglessness.

Dream of a ridiculous man is a must read too

Fair enough. But still, I do think there's a terminal point where one is able to recognize their deathward condition and then, in front of the ultimate destiny of annulment, act upon this knowledge.

fite me feggits

Attached: a9cmh0r.jpg (3264x1836, 1.58M)

I would but my photos are too high res to be uploaded

Only godtaste book. Perfect work user; i read almost all them and i see a lot of godtier stuff like Osamu Dazai, Victor Hugo, Gibson, Hamsen, Dosto tolstoj, camus. You just need some philosophy book in that bookshelf.

Yea there is and its the natural instict of conservation

Don't read psued shit. No one reads Notes from the Underground for any reason other than telling others they have read it. I mean if you legitamtely enjoy Russian literature than sure, but everyone who reads go through this phase and anyone worth their salt will cringe when you say you enjoyed it.

Some decent interesting books I would recommend that are approachable to anyone:

Gulag: A History - Anne Applebaum
Desert Sniper - Ed Nash
Night - Elie Wiesel

These are all books I have read recently and enjoyed, and I am a edgy 20-something year old.

>Night - Elie Wiesel

ahahahhahaha best fiction novel ever

i loved the part where they literally walk single file line into a giant furnace but elie gets saved last second ofc

Not the user you're answering, but I've gotta say that it's nice ti see someone reccing Night every once in a while. I mean, it's an Incredible well written narrative, regardless of its objective truth - and I only say this because the debate on the text has been poisoned by an incessant bickering upon its reliableness Which I don't think has any place in literature.

>look at me I read

Before you boil over in a seething rage and throw yourself onto they keyboard take a moment to watch this. It may wake you up.

youtube.com/watch?v=ar6UGU_Pa4U

completely /core/, do you read anything outside the suggestions of /lit/? I hate tryhards like you. This is like my shelf when I was 13 and just started reading tryna be a pseud.
Also, why is oblomov put in the front like that? It's such a overpraised shit book.

Attached: 1537694879970.jpg (326x329, 31K)

Read

You have nothing to lose reading it. Even if its complete fiction it is still an approachable book that is enjoyable to read.

fuck you oblomov is the best.
You need to have a comfy childhood to get that book and what Oblomov goes through later on in life.

yes it is certainly enjoyable it gave me quite a few laughs, almost as much as the first time i read about the masturbation machines and the holocoaster

Ive unironicly read all of these

Cringe.

Its like you went to your local chain book store in the mall and brought everything in the mainstream classics section.

If you want to not look like a psued atleast buy something that did not show up on a VICE recommended reading list.

If its a doomer guide book must be core user. I read all of these and a lot more and i assumed that these are the best books for a doomer. Its not necessary always to show that you are and edgy reader. I could put Metzinger on this chart, but i didnt because the doomer guide book must be entry level of course.

Bottom 2 shelves are my non /lit/ books.
Mostly fantasy and short stories.

Go read your boring basic /lit/ chart books user.
Absolutely based, I'm glad you agree.

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (122x182, 20K)

>no Osamu Dazai

Attached: no longer feeling.png (576x597, 60K)

I'm not gonna argue with that, I'm just saying that it's a well written book. I mean, I wrote my undergrad thesis on the cultural history of antisemitism so I'm not gonna go full on sperg about Night

Drugs make you feel like you understand things*

I could only imagine the smirk you had as you wrote this. Pathetic.

I won't reply so don't bother.

I wantwd to put "lo squalificato" (i dont know the name in englisg) or No longer human but there were already 10 books :(

>oblomov
>mainstream

Attached: 1299869817311.jpg (470x470, 36K)

Spe, ti stai leggendo il manga di Ito pure te?

These literature threads are always full of the most pretentious faggots

Is this a joke? Notes from the Underground is funny, not a doomer book. If you want a doomer book thats similar to the idea of nftu, read steppenwolf instead.

Attached: 1vdA5nL.png (600x550, 108K)

Eh si. Ovviamente. Ma gia avevo letto lo squalificato di un altro mangaka. Comunque grande che mi hai beccato, sei di Milano?

I always thought the part where he beats the cabman with his belt was funny

yeah, its mainstream by Jow Forums means. Just like how you see a /mu/ chart with all the core albums, you know they just started getting into it instead of someone with obscure good shit. It's like flexing to normies but other nonnormies can see right through the shit.
I can't remember what parts I found funny in particular but, I think the hooker scene where he ends up trashing her was pretty funny. Also the hole in pants thing.

Attached: 750034-nobue_2.jpg (485x600, 37K)

Nah, vicentino. Non sapevo qualcun altro avesse fatto un manga sul romanzo, io sono solo un fan di Ito che bene o male divora ogni cosa venga pubblicata in un linguaggio a me comprensibile

>oblomov

What said. I mean its fucking required reading in high school for some countries.

Maybe it's mainstream on /lit/ because i've been shilling it for the past 3 years. You're the biggest normie here faggot. How does one flex to normies by reading fucking Oblomov .

Since there are a lot of stacklet cucks I think it'd be useful to provide you lot with a virtuous example of a proper reading list so you can feel adequately inferior to me and all the other cultured fellas who might come across this thread

Ops, here's the photo

Attached: IMG_20181117_025803.jpg (1840x3264, 1.54M)

Steinbecks prose is so comfy

Attached: wQNe80s.jpg (2988x5312, 735K)

>IT WUZ ME DA WHOLE TIEM
Uhuh, okay faggu

Attached: 1472041547589.png (439x392, 199K)

>How does one flex to normies by reading fucking Oblomov.
this whole thread is pretentious faggots looking for validation.

Will I make sicc brain gains if I read all of those?