Suicide by hypothermia, how feasible is it?

suicide by hypothermia, how feasible is it?

Attached: 1522714723701.jpg (2774x1993, 714K)

You'd probably have to get super drunk first

Forget about suicide altogether, you're not going anywhere. It's not a ticket out of this hell, you have to endure it no matter what.

literally what user?

Try freediving blackout. Basically hyperventillate a shit ton before going into water (a lake or someshit) and hold your breath.

Attached: 0D6091B8-FA03-44CE-8B01-C8D06B71AE22.png (584x322, 127K)

I thought I was pretty clear there. Forget the comfy eternal void, it's an illusion.

ive been thinking the sameway. jump in a lake after drinking alot and then crawl out to the side in some bushes to die like a dog

It's certainly possible but there are far less distressing methods of suicide. I'm fairly sure that, say, hanging where (with a reasonable drop length) you'd lose consciousness in under a minute is preferable to hours in the freezing cold on a mountainside (or wherever) before your eventual demise.

I've spoken to people who have had to be rescued because they got lost whilst mountaineering in Winter and spent a long time in these kinds of conditions and they certainly do not describe the experience with any kind of fondness. Of course, death was not their intention, but it's worth bearing in mind.

This shit sounds even more distressing and less likely of actually working than the hypothermia one. There are mechanisms in your brain which basically force you to get to the surface/ breath again so you'd have to be very disorientated under water, and have to think very carefully about your entry, for this to be effective.

This has turned into quite a long post, so here's the inevitable part where I make an inquiry about why you want to know this, advise contacting a suicide prevention hotline blah blah blah but perhaps you already expected that.

Attached: 1540209376844.jpg (583x827, 116K)

just shoot yourself and spare us all with your shit threads.

>shoot yourself
>in bongland

Attached: 1535437138119.jpg (922x922, 496K)

Maybe you're right but a lot of swimmers accidentally die from freediving blackout. This isn't meant to be a "go in water and hope you drown painfully" method, it's mainly mimicking what actually happens.
Here's a verbatim quote from wikipedia:

"It can be provoked by hyperventilating just before a dive, or as a consequence of the pressure reduction on ascent, or a combination of these. Victims are often established practitioners of breath-hold diving, are fit, strong swimmers and have not experienced problems before."
Granted, there are very few good swimmers on r9k I was just hoping a few robots could beta-test this and see how feasable it is.
Also, most victims are swimmers because... they wanted to swim more efficiently and actually know what to do with their breathing, and they overdo it.

True, but there is a underlying point here. Literally why I mentioned hanging in my post:

I guess this was my point. It's got to be done in a specific way so the fact it normally happens to experienced swimmers who do it accidentally whilst training only backs up what I was saying.

I don't think it's particularly feasible unless you are either an experienced swimmer who could almost do this intentionally or you find a very particular entry point the water (like, say, under a waterfall) that you know would keep you under long enough to make it work.

Seems less possible to me than the hypothermia one.

Well I concede then. I hope OP gets some N or some shit instead of relying on methods with unlikely odds.

>some N
What did you mean by this?

Sorry if I'm being dumb.

I meant the drug, nembutal, the holy grail of suicide methods. Basically overdose it and you're dead.
I can't go into too much detail here but basically nembutal is nigh-impossible to acquire nowadays. You have to import it from foreign countries or trust some shady dealers.

Alright, I know what nembutal is but I've never heard anyone refer to it as simply "N" before.

Well, enjoy your suffering I guess... You'll be missed.

Attached: lower zones.jpg (638x948, 149K)

>some N
i think it's :something nice ( i hope it is).

you're better off hanging yourself, much quicker and less painful

Should be easy if you live in Canada/Alaska/Siberia

You can get guns in bongland

Death is just like before you were born.

literally actually exactly what suicide is but ok