Flat earth psychology

Been listening to allot of flat earth discussions on the jewtube lately and I'm fascinated about the flat earthers. They don't believe anything and when they get presented with proof they deflect it like a mother focker.

How does a person get so stuck in a mindset which is not connected with reality. They got indoctrinated by the flat earth meme and cant get out. Its believing in conspiracies to the ultimate level.

Ps I'm not discussing flat earth theory but the psychological aspect of the flat earther.

Attached: QuickGoogleImagesMeme.png (578x843, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lesswrong.com/posts/ZQG9cwKbct2LtmL3p/evaporative-cooling-of-group-beliefs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Na, I think they are just discordians.

>image

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

round earthers btfo

They get paid to do it.

Space shit is cool, flat Earth would make the universe a lot more boring.

Attached: 1500322093576.webm (420x236, 2.78M)

It's called "knowing enough to think you are smart but not knowing everything to realize how dumb you are/it is"

You just described someone who believes in government perfectly.
Exactly to a T.

The Dunning-Kruger effect

Been reading allot of the_donald discussions on the leddits lately and I'm fascinated about the trump supporters. They don't believe anything and when they get presented with proof they deflect it like a mother focker.

How does a person get so stuck in a mindset which is not connected with reality. They got indoctrinated by the hillary eats babies meme and cant get out. Its believing in conspiracies to the ultimate level.

Ps I'm not discussing the dotard himself but the psychological aspect of his supporters

I think they're fucking with you, user.

Please don't use reddit spacing!

They prey on the ignorance of ball-earthers regarding how the Earth works to peddle their own crap, kinda like how liberals duped us into believing race wasn't real when it was just a matter of time till we found the myriads of documents supporting the opposite. That being said, a degree of skepticism is never bad to have, whichever side you're currently on.

What I really don't get is, why would the government lie about this to us? What could they possibly get out of it?

Attached: 1469615967932.gif (200x210, 392K)

Been reading allot of Berniebro discussions on the leddits lately and I'm fascinated about Bernie supporters. They don't believe anything and when they get presented with proof they deflect it like a mother focker.

How does a person get so stuck in a mindset which is not connected with reality. They got indoctrinated by the "Working is evil" meme and cant get out. Its believing in conspiracies to the ultimate level.

Ps I'm not discussing the old jew himself but the psychological aspect of his supporters

>Been reading allot of the_donald discussions on the leddits lately
Yeah, we could tell with that plebbit spacing.

Attached: Reddit.jpg (220x345, 46K)

This is now pasta.

lol wtf am i looking at

We live in the age of distrust. There is not one authority that is seen as trustworthy by everyone because so many lies have been propagated at this point. Flat earthers are victims in a way, and we (in the multi-generational sense) are the culprits for letting our institutions serve special interests.

Attached: mako_kampf.png (850x949, 676K)

It's just a sort of double-think. What they really believe and what they say they believe are not the same. Tribal mentality, they conform to the ideology of the group by yelling the dumbest shit you've ever heard in public but personally not actually giving a fuck. If people actually honestly believed this tin-foil hat shit, they'd be bombing and assassinating everyday because that reality would be horrifying to live in.

Like how an educated man can be a medical doctor, understand and use scientific ideas like evolution, but is Christian and insists evolution is 'just a theory' and God actually designed the animals.

This is some 70 IQ gorilla tier thinking in that image right there. Though 70 might be a bit generous.

I always assume they are trolling and just ignore it. I refuse to believe anyone could be that stupid and don't want to be convinced they are that stupid either. I'd rather just be ignorant to them than be depressed for them.

It's a big-scale social experiment in preparation for NWO.

>2018
>roundies still ignore what can be proven true with their own eyes rather than admit that they might be wrong

Attached: 135yro.jpg (888x499, 77K)

Would'nt the horizon be round at that altitude, if the earth were a flat disk? Is it a flat square now?

To be honest Jow Forumsthe_donald is really sloppy with conspiracies and has killed its own credibility ten times over. One time I walked into a massive thread that tried to make Seth Rich claims that were literally impossible, i.e., that Seth Rich was involved with the Democratic Party tech as far back as 2014. They weave all sorts of grandiose explanations without even taking into account basic details, and then they get angry when you tell them that they're being retarded. Don't even get started on the idea of prioritizing ideas based on plausibility and relevance.

Flat earthers are the same way. Flat earthers believe that the most extensive and effective academic conspiracy of all time, where even general relativity is false (to explain away GPS), is worth the effort siphon $20 billion per year through NASA for God knows what purpose. Also, because I guess it would show us "sheeple" how easily manipulated we are? Really vague and irrational reasons. There's far more at stake with banking and climate change conspiracies where control over literally the entire world economy is at stake. Even if Flat Earth was true, there's much easier and more important targets at hand.

>The Dunning-Kruger effect
that's not the Dunning-Kruger effect! LOL
Back to psychology 101 for you. The state of BritBong education!
DK is when you are learning something new you get super pumped think you can take on the world but as you learn more your confidence lessens.

I think what it really comes down to it the best philosophers of our time have it right nothing is verifiable beyond what our senses, instruments, or maths tell us. The earth could be flat, despite everything in science telling us it's a globe.

lesswrong.com/posts/ZQG9cwKbct2LtmL3p/evaporative-cooling-of-group-beliefs

The earth is flat but not as flat as your mum's tits lol

>This is the whole image of earth.
You know if you zoom out, you'll see a curve right?

According to some everything we experience has a subjective quality to it. Empirical hard truth could be impossible to achieve. Not withstanding everything tells us the world is a globe. Apart from our eyes when we are standing on the earth looking up, it appears flat then lol.

Qualia
-------------
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

It's a beautiful pic user -is it the doggie cam. The earth is huge, so I think you wouldnt see the curve until you are another 1000miles up at least?

I really hope some amateur rocket scientist manages to do that it would be cool.

Explain eclipses

>not flat, curving upward
OH NO NO NO NO

NO NOT BOWL EARTH NO NO

> They got indoctrinated by the flat earth meme and cant get out. I
Just speculating OP, to address the root of your question, why do we believe in strange things becoming indoctrinated?

I think it's a survival mechanism. When we were exposed to animals that could eat us whole, or threats that could kill us 100,000+ years ago, it stuck in our brains that it was 'true' to protect us. Now in modern day life, the things that 'we know to be 'true', arent necessarily true, but perhaps we still have that reflex where we must believe to protect ourselves.?

I like a plurality of ideas even if they are wrong, I dont think we need to slap 'flat earthers' down. Let them bring what they know and see enhance what they know so to speak. I have been wrong so much about so much that I thought I was so right on. I doubt my affirmations as much as I doubt my doubts. Pays to be skeptic and test everything, prove your theories wrong where possible.

>How does a person get so stuck in a mindset which is not connected with reality
lel just look at Trump voters

>I have been wrong so much about so much that I thought I was so right on.
Yet you aren't wrong, now, are you? Of course not, now you're right.

Attached: 1507942859591.png (645x729, 58K)

this can't be explained away so easily

Attached: flat-earth-memes-194-10.jpg (551x580, 41K)

>Yet you aren't wrong, now, are you? Of >course not, now you're right.

No user, theres a good chance i'm probably wrong. Knowing what you dont know and admitting that you dont know despite trying in earnest is part of learning more about the world.

Looks like user's got you beat, OP