What are your favorite works of art?

What are your favorite works of art?

>Book = The Bible
>Art Movement = The Pre-Raphaelites
>Musician = Bach
>Game = Tetris

What about yours, friend?

Attached: painting1 (2).jpg (317x475, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kkJC8p48g6g
youtu.be/D_P-v1BVQn8
youtu.be/V_6qQEyCSv8
youtu.be/y9Mse62NFl4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>very unique, sophisticated taste.
>the only fiction I like is the Bible
>Bach is life, I love his songs about love and feelings

Why are your tastes so shit and annoying?

Attached: 1375770980381.jpg (513x640, 47K)

The Bible is not fiction, brother.

>Why are your tastes so shit and annoying?
They are not. What is it that you enjoy?

Attached: monastic-6.jpg (1600x1509, 350K)

>The Histories by Herodotus
>baroque i guess
>youtu.be/kkJC8p48g6g
>vidya idk

Bach is pretty neat. Would be cool to see his stuff played at that Passau cathedral some day.

Attached: Bernini_Baldachino.jpg (431x600, 104K)

Vivaldi is kino.

Do you like Future Funk or Porter Robinson?

Attached: ecce-homo-1640.jpg!Large.jpg (453x600, 38K)

>>Book = Transparent Things
>>Art Movement = What were Glimt and Schile part of? Degenerate Art? The only 'real' art I have in my room is a print of something by pic related.
>>Musician = Ekkhard Elhes and Vashti Bunyan. Bach is dope tho', he's like the Eukaryote explosion of music.
>>Game = Racing Sims

Your tastes are pretty dilletantish OP. I should know. I'm a dilettante.

Attached: bedroom.jpg (998x1280, 158K)

Bible, impressionist, mozart/debussy, day of the tentacle

>Your tastes are pretty dilletantish OP.
Yeah, what I posted seems really bland. Tetris, Bach, Bible are all so beginner-tier. It's just that, the more you go deep, sometimes the more you want to come back to the surface.
There's a reason why these entry-tier things are so beloved and held as universally good. I know they are generic in a certain way, but at the end of the day, the more you know, the more you end up appreciating the universal. I could argue over other niches I enjoy, but I wanted to sound as genuine and honest as possible and not pretentious.

Godspeed.

>impressionism
For real? I don't enjoy in the slightest.

Attached: painting1 (20).jpg (503x637, 200K)

>Book: Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
>Art Movement; American realism
>Musician: Curtis Mayfield
>Game: Grand Theft Auto

Should have said post impressionism. Which was the fuck you to the concern of natural characteristics

American realism is that like rockwell?

>Book = How I made $290,000 selling books
>Art Movement = Cave paintings
>Musician = 6ix9ine
>Game = Garfield Kart

you don't deserve to know, namefag

>American realism is that like rockwell?
I think so.

Attached: i-am-the-good-shepherd-icon-963.jpg (631x800, 161K)

>Books
Space Odyssey trilogy with Altered carbon
>Art Movement
I dont enjoy conventional art movements
>Musician
Emeric Levardon
>Game
Stalker

Attached: 1542901730071.jpg (646x546, 62K)

>Book=not sure
>Art Movement=Impressionism, Dutch Golden Age, cant really put one above other
>Classical Musician=Vivaldi
>Game=idk

Attached: Vincent.jpg (1783x2250, 913K)

>you don't deserve to know, namefag
That's OK friend. No ill-will.

>Dutch Golden Age
Based and redpilled. Do you also enjoy the Danish Golden Age and Peter Kroyer's movement?

>Classical Musician=Vivaldi
The music doesn't need to be classic, user.

Attached: The Patron Saint of r9k.jpg (672x900, 196K)

Book = Baghavad Gita
Art Movement = Futurism
Classical Musician = Beethoven made some nice stuff
Game = Ace Combat

Ive not actually heard of Kroyer until youve mentioned him. That is some fantastic stuff, might top my previous favourites actually. Thanks for the recommendation.

Attached: screamshoutbadhair.jpg (565x800, 252K)

>Classical Musician = Beethoven
I don't think so, brother.

>Game = Ace Combat
Do people play that?

Attached: christ-blesses-bartholomew.jpg!Large.jpg (750x577, 76K)

>pic
>patron saint of lost causes
lol

Attached: a.jpg (766x431, 62K)

>bible
>not fiction
LOL

>Ive not actually heard of Kroyer until youve mentioned him. That is some fantastic stuf
Yeah, he's great. I've got a picture of his painting in my living room. It's a picture of Kroyer and friends eating breakfast. It's this one (but with a much better quality)

*tips fedora

Attached: 57347-[kroyerps]kroyerpederseverinalmuerzoconottobenzon.jpg (600x466, 60K)

>There's a reason why these entry-tier things are so beloved and held as universally good.
I respectfully disagree, I mean I love the Beatles, I think they're great. But I wouldn't say GOAT personally.
However I could be wrong: Maybe the Kardashian-KatyPerry era has made me awfully suspicious of anything that attains popularity, that people are conditioned to like things through socialization or social proof rather than a "resonance" between the perspective of the author of a work and a kind of experiential and existential alchemy that happens in finding some resonance with a kindred spirit or which blows open the confines of one's own experience of the world, which I always assumed was the truest form of aesthetic appreciation.

Attached: Prada+Fall+1996+Amber+Valletta+-+15.jpg (859x1134, 485K)

The Beatles will still be played in 100 years, ch ut the Kardashians and Katie Perry will fall into the garbage heap the same way Britney Spears and Madonna have.

>having this much of a normie 2010 facebook opinion
What even makes you think that the Beatles will be played in 100 years' time? It's much possible they won't. Stefan Zweig was the most read writer of the 20th Century leading to the Second World War, now nobody knows even his name.

Attached: St_Simon_the_Zealot_004.jpg (1098x1600, 435K)

>Book: Songs Of Innocence & Experience by William Blake
>Art Movement: Neoplasticism
>Musician: Erik Satie ("Vexations" is his best piece fyi)
>Game: Super Mario All-Stars

Attached: 1542780964991.jpg (898x653, 94K)

I really like the Neoclassical art movement a lot too. It's pretty great.

Attached: SCULPTURE (2).jpg (750x1000, 262K)

>The Bible is not fiction, brother.
anything that requires the presence of personal faith to be true is inherently fiction for those who choose not to have faith

>Book = Slaughterhouse-Five
>Art Movement = Baroque
>Musician = King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
>Game = The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Do I have shit taste?

Attached: 1534281298945.jpg (2825x4259, 1.9M)

>Game = The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
>Do I have shit taste?
Yeah. I just can't stand this game. It's so beautiful, but the gameplay is just so bad and everything so slow-paced. It's awful, the only thing that it's got going for it is the graphics, nothing more.

Attached: 1541878503556.png (1280x1280, 234K)

Sorry to hear that, I guess it isn't for everyone. It was the first game that convinced me video games could be considered art. I wouldn't know about gameplay since I thought New Vegas had good shooting mechanics but the story and graphics just made me fall in love with it.

Agreed, I feel The Beatles are pure sensationalized shit.

>It was the first game that convinced me video games could be considered art.
Have you ever played Bloodborne? Now, THAT's art. Everything is so beautiful and so intrinsically art-like it's the best case for games to be considered an artform. Even the FANART is great.

Attached: ___may_the_good_blood_guide_your_way____by_sangrde-daoape3.jpg (1162x688, 201K)

This was the one I was supposed to post.

Attached: 876b9174d2539f9a644758084938b33f.jpg (1328x602, 147K)

not christian,nor believe in the bible but this is a very weak statement. those who dont believe in climate change doesnt make climate change fiction for them. it makes them retarded like you

i don think the bible is fiction but its clear it isnt from a consistent source and has been tampered with throughout the years. Read the Quran and the style is so consistent and impeccable that I became convinced it couldnt have been written by one man in the course of 13 years. You'll see verses referencing other verses that haven't been revealed yet, its incredible but it was difficult to first read because some translations were weird. Recommend Al-Quran app with tafsir

I have! I love Gothic architecture and I'm a little read on Lovecraft so it drew me in immediately. The art direction was astoundingly beautiful all-around. I actually bought the PS4 just so I could play it myself after a friend let me play it on his. Its so atmospheric I forgot I was playing a game at times.

Attached: maria.jpg (811x1014, 89K)

The Quran was literally plagiarized from the Bible and the Torah, fuck off Mohamed.

Attached: 1407937283180.png (690x539, 36K)

>Its so atmospheric I forgot I was playing a game at times.
Yeah. It's REALLY atmospheric. Playing it on a dark room, with a big screen and with good headphones (the sounds and music are also great and honestly scary) is fucking incredible. I regret having given my PS4 away tremendously now that I think about it.

>this fucking zoomer that thinks he's somehow more sophisticated than everyone else is posting again
sage

I'm not trying to sound more sophisticated than anyone, and I'm not a zoomer.

Attached: On-the-Kulikovo-Field (1).jpg (1200x800, 298K)

You insufferable LARPing cunt. Get the fuck off of my board REEEEEEEE

>will fall into the garbage heap the same way Britney Spears and Madonna have.
You don't hang around with enough normies (which isn't a bad thing, obviously) because people still go fucking crazy for Oops I didn't again and Like a Virgin. It's awful.

>Stefan Zweig was the most read writer of the 20th Century leading to the Second World War, now nobody knows even his name.
Sometimes the greatest of an artist is context and time dependent, having said that - Grand Hotel Budapest is a major, iconic motion picture from the last 5 years which is a pastiche of his work.

Attached: u111.jpg (568x768, 77K)

When I said "which isn't a bad thing" I realized that was phrased badly.
I mean you don't hang out with enough normies - it is a GOOD thing too that you don't hang out with enough normies. You are hanging out with a acceptable amount of normies, which is small to none.
Avoiding normies is good is what I'm trying to say.

>Now misinterpret me for comedic effect. Go on. I know how this shit works.

Anything by Fernando Botero

Attached: AP3336.jpg (1000x1239, 394K)

>The Rings of Saturn
>I also like the Pre-Raphaelites
>Probably Paul Simon
>Simcity 4

>Book = nonfiction Heavier Than Heaven fiction 1984 or invisible monsters.
Art Movement = modern/contemporary. Fell in love with a Yoko Ono exhibit as a child
>Musician = Anthony Green
>Game = WoW

>shill HRT
>traps
>sissy
>faggotry threads everyday
And you come here criticizing me. Go fuck yourself dude.

Why are you posting PRADA advertisement? Are you shilling them or is it just because you like that sort of Pop Art?

>Grand Hotel Budapest is a major, iconic motion picture from the last 5 years which is a pastiche of his work.
It's a really good movie, but I can't imagine myself rewatching that movie more than once. The cinematography is amazing, everything is beautiful and feels nice to see, the colors are good, the use of the screen ratio creative and innovative, and overral gorgeous, but the movie itself is not that fun to watch after you've seen once. I can't see myself rewatching it.

>I also like the Pre-Raphaelites
My bro.

>fell in love with a Yoko Ono exhibit
You mean that insane ex-girlfriend of John Lennon.

Attached: 334172.jpg (940x1200, 196K)

>films
the exterminating angel, one flew over the cuckoos nest and the 1982 conan
>art
impressionism
>musician
philip glass, cannibal ox, mf doom
>game
thief 2, tenchu, soul reaver

Attached: 1541822510943.png (652x652, 320K)

That's her. Her art is very abstract and as a child (was about 11-12) I found it very intriguing. Made me realize that things can be interpreted in so many different ways.

>Why are you posting PRADA advertisement?
I have no idea desu, just first thing I on my computer, so I decided to maintain the theme. I do like pseudo-cinematic stuff.

Blog post incoming.
>I can't see myself rewatching it.
Kind of off the point though, I brought it up to kind of ask about the significance and ongoing appeal of Stephan Zweig today. Just in case I haven't made myself clear I'm suspicious of there being any sort of correlation between "universally popular' and the quality of the art, I'm aware that this opens up the door to arguments about elitism or even pretentiousness - that a organic appreciation and aesthetic joy from a work isn't the reason to laud it but it becomes a sort of social signifier, or even an internal, identification of self thing. I was noting that Stephan Zweig is obviously enduring enough to have inspired a major Hollywood motion picture that is held in some regard by a segment of the general public, therefore he's not forgotten. At the same time, does that mean anything? I noted that in deference to what another poster said: Madonna and Britney Spears are still enduring.
My assumption then is that whether Zweig is forgotten or still popular as ever would be irrelevant to the quality of the work. What defines quality: No I don't have an answer - I'm still figuring out this 'subjective-objective; context-universal' aesthetic quality bullshit.

Book= Jewish Adventures II: Return of The Jew
Art Movement= Cubism
Musician= Mozart
Game= The Game

>My assumption then is that whether Zweig is forgotten or still popular as ever would be irrelevant to the quality of the work.
Yeah, that's exactly what I think, but I don't know mate. What makes something good is that it is of good taste, and has many qualities to it, but you gotta admit that there's also the subjective component to it. You will like much more those forms of art that have something that you identify with, so books that relate struggles that you suffer will resonate more with you and matter more to you than other works that don't, and other people won't like what you like as much because they haven't gone through what you have gone through.

Attached: abdication-ryzhenko-pavel-viktorovich.jpg (899x731, 351K)

I really don't have much to reply to this post because if I understand you correctly then I agree with all of it.

Attached: prada-menswear-fw-2011-tobey-maguire-by-david-sims1.jpg (2687x1736, 1.47M)

Based and redpilled, my friend. See ya!

Attached: 00-00-pavel-ryzhenko-the-victory-of-peresvet-2005.jpg (1093x750, 157K)

Laterz blood. Good thread as it turns out. Keep it up.

fuck you
how fucking DARE you make me lose the gamae like that

>Book = Master and Magharita or the Idiot or Paradise Lost
>Art Movement = Pre-Raphaelite or Russian 19th century
>Musician = Stravinsky or Maurice Ravel or some degenerate playing out his nightmares on a sound box
>Game = Age of Empires 2

Why do you say Pre-Raphaelites are your favourite when all you've really posted are 20th century Russian realists and magical realists?

Attached: 1542804574535.jpg (635x944, 68K)

So what is fast paced game then?

>Beyond good and evil
>Neo gothic in architecture and surrealism in painting
>From classical ones edward elgar and prokovief
>Bloodborne and Witcher 3

Attached: kak.png (808x988, 197K)

>Book = Catch 22, Ficciones, Hunger
>Art Movement = Impressionism. I like modern impressionism as well
>Musician = I listen to a lot of stuff... It's hard to pick a favourite.
>Game = Witcher 3, Undertale, The Witness (and many strategy games like Total War, Europa Universalis, Civ... )

Attached: thumb3_IhFvgf.jpg (750x560, 174K)

>book
Crime and Punishment
>art movement
neoclassicism
>musician
dunno, probably Varg Vikernes
>game
Victoria 2

your post contadicts the one you replied to moron

Not him, but Witcher 3 is just plain bad in every aspect. Both as a Action (physical challenge) and RPG (Strategy, decision making) game. The combat is very shallow and this is a chief complaint of the game so I won't dwell on the Action portion. The RPG part however has all kinds of problems. The amount of handholding and lack of genuine choices and consequences is absurd. Compare Witcher 3 to something like Deus Ex where you have 10+ ways to open a door and multiple ways in which the plot is dynamic which are cleverly hidden outside the realm of arbitrary bioshit style dialogue choices. Compare Witcher 3 to something like Gothic 2 where there's 10+ ways to solve a quest, all of which involve exploring and exploiting the world, and getting to know the characters within it. The character progression is abysmal all around, talent trees are just plain bad and extremely limiting. Itemization is very boring and loot is almost never rewarding. There are no interesting dungeons and the overworld map is just lazily dotted with POIs. The story/writing is basically netflix tier garbage, nothing of real genuine note. (compare to something like Alpha Centauri)

I just don't see the game excelling in anything. If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 2/10 at best. It's just an extremely shallow AAA game that basically hits all the right spots on a corporate checklist of what impresses the failed journalists that are vidya critics and their audience of 12 year olds.

But, hey, don't take my word for it. Video games barely hold my interest at all any more so what do I know?

Attached: MM6Map.jpg (1336x807, 383K)

Book = The end of Alice
Art movement = avant garde expressionism
Musician = Captain Beefheart
Game = Mario Kart wii

Book - Three Body Problem
Art (not movement) - Sculptures and Architecture Drawings
Musician - Chopin and Dmitri Shostakovich
Game - Nier Automata

>book- Francis of the Filth
>art movement- beaux arts
>musician- McCartney
> game- TLoZ Skyward Sword

>Book-Forward the Foundation
>Art Movement-The Renaissance or the Harlem Renaissance
>Musician-Queen or Bach
>Game-World of Warcraft

>Book
American Psycho
>Art movement
Postmodernism
>Musician
Hozier
>Game
Skyrim

Attached: nigguhyougay.png (213x193, 89K)

Book = Good Omens
Art Movement = Dada
Musician = Liszt
Game = Animal Crossing

Oh whoops if modern musicians also count, my favorite is unironically Lady Gaga

Great i missed these threads

Book: Amerika by Kafka
Art Movement: Spanish Baroque and most of the Vanguards
Music: Rubinstein's Chopin Nocturnes, also rock, rap and electro
Game: Online card games and japanese RPG's

Attached: El_caballero_de_la_mano_en_el_pecho.jpg (1200x1521, 443K)

>>From classical ones edward elgar and prokovief
As a former piano player... fuck Prokofiev lol

Bumping this si we have a 300+ replies

Attached: 8192df07-e2a7-4b1d-72d1-90780326e613.jpg (1600x756, 676K)

This is some proper neckbeard bs

>tfw your favorite art movement is anime

Attached: GunslingerGirl_01_300_6031.png (300x219, 79K)

You are a propper fag and no one complains abou it

Book:Art of the Deal
Art Movement:American Romanticism
Music:Alone Again Naturally,Crying in the Rain,Martha
youtu.be/D_P-v1BVQn8
youtu.be/V_6qQEyCSv8
youtu.be/y9Mse62NFl4
Games:Mario Galaxy 2
As like you I'm of the Christian faith yet yearn for knowledge of the sciences.Most monks and priest help in western science by the way.

Kill yourself you illilerate cunt

Listen,the first guy was very rude,but that doesn't mean to be rude back!

Attached: Scan.jpg (474x348, 28K)

>Illiterate
So you are the famed cultivated gentleman?

Attached: Cultured+abashed+imaginary+oryx_308092_6785674.jpg (1200x1989, 356K)

>Book = The Bible
I was honestly gonna respond but fuck you op you shitty cunt. Are you the dickhead making all the christianity threads.

>Book:Art of the Deal
end your fucking life srs

Attached: 1540468753177.jpg (576x768, 99K)

I don't see the problem with it as the Bible is the most formative work in the entire Western canon. Would've been nice if he said which book in the Bible though.

Attached: KTwCFN3.jpg (1440x810, 148K)

>Book = Catch-22 (I was in the military and it does a great job of satirizing the military experience)
>Art Movement = Neoclassicism
>Musician = Mozart
>Game = Crusader Kings 2

> Book: Nineteen-Eighty Four
> Artist: XXXTentacion
> Game: Mario Galaxy (bc nostalgia)

Now every board has to be Jow Forums you know.

Attached: download.jpg (750x908, 142K)

>Book= Brothers Karamazov / On Basilisk Station
>Art Movement= many things
>Musician = Doors
>Game = Halo 3 / Crysis 1

>Book = Book 4 Parts I-IV Aleister Crowley
>Art Movement = Futurism
>Musicans = Throbbing Gristle
>Game = Resident Evil (the original game)

Attached: 23722617_10208008360607347_8863815030150091560_n.jpg (233x400, 16K)

Lol disregarding politics, the Art of the Deal is completely unremarkable among self-help books. It's also not even written by Trump himself.

>Book - The Stranger/The Outsider
>Art Movement - Surrealism
>Musician - Butthole Surfers
>Game - Donkey Kong Country 2

>Book = The Stranger
>Art = Francisco Goya Black Paintings
>Musician = Freddie Mercury
>Game = Mount & Blade

Attached: 1479404257926.png (600x540, 116K)

It's really simple but my local art center has a permanent artwork titled Ballet Girl in White by Robert Henri. She's kind of become my waifu, I visit her most weekends, and I plan on buying a print of her. I'm also trying to learn to draw so I can draw her. Some of the museum attendants think it's funny, one guy though has told me that it's weird and I need to stop. I've taken my picture with her before, although I can't post that for obvious reasons

Attached: image.jpg (468x1000, 68K)

What's wrong with prokofiev?

Attached: Bigcheese.png (210x335, 205K)

yeah,just a comfy book , he says it's written by a ghost writter I think

>Book: The Dice Man
>Art Movement: The Dadaists
>Music: Liszt
>Game: Lisa the Painful

Attached: 73D699E8-2DA7-4503-8460-CAAF09D717E2.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Based and redpilled. The Witcher 3 is a thrash game.

Attached: 09865fee1661c25bcba5fdda8cb58131.jpg (500x640, 33K)

>falling in love with a picture
lol

Attached: 1528508161205.jpg (514x536, 56K)