Why haven't you converted to Christianity, user...

Why haven't you converted to Christianity, user? Did you have a bad childhood experience or do you fear a commitment you believe will let you down?

Attached: 1444510166533.jpg (231x250, 17K)

I have crippling social anxiety.

my dad ruined it for me megugano

I was raised christian but then I realized I was a tranny

Mom ruined it, and I'm also not retarded so I don't believe in magic

i don't believe in sky daddies

an unfortunate problem, but you really don't have to interact with other. Its just you and God. inbf can't do that either.

well this happens sometimes, but there is truth there for you if you would only try looking once again.

Attached: cross.png (600x600, 6K)

Because I there are no proofs god exists snd religion just sounds unplausible in general. Feel free to prove me wrong, but you won't be able to do so anyway. The only way I'l l get convinced god exists is by seeing a proof

i don't really give a shit
originally, of course

Im not basing my beliefs on a book that provides no evidence to back its claims. Also why exactly should I choose your religion instead of another?

Attached: 5CCC16B8-A7C5-4A35-B521-274FF883C9A6.jpg (306x306, 32K)

because i can practice its virtues without explicitly supporting an organization with a bunch of confirmed gay pedos in its leadership

>you really don't have to interact with other
Really, though? Community is pretty integral to Christianity, at least that is the impression I get.

Tried to hard to attain ataraxia, fell into apathy.
Don't feel a lot of things now. Faith is similar to it, I just lost it at the same moment.
I broke something in me and I'm not able to repair it.

>my beliefs
>evidence
whups
>Also why exactly should I choose your religion instead of another?
Because Christendom forms the entire foundation of Western civilization.

>judaism 2.0
No thanks, jew.

I just feel like it's the best way to unite a people and get rid of the shitskins and muzzies. That's the main reason I'd support Christians

gender confusion doesn't have to mean the end of faith. It is still possible user.

you don't have to believe in magic for faith, simply hold God in your heart and ask for it.

lol God isn't in the sky.

well can't help you there, I doubt there is 'objective' proof for God. But say he does exist, you would have to change your entire worldview, your perspective, to one that saw not the differences between men, but between man and God. The dichotomy is numbing and would bring one who understands it to their knees. But thats just a hypothetical situation where you got your objective proof, or you simply bypassed it all together and were simply given faith. Stranger things have happened.

you give enough to post in this thread about it.

Attached: juads_hangs_himself.jpg (1000x840, 223K)

How are the dogmas of Christianity similar to Judaism? They seem like opposites to me. One might even think that Christianity was a revolt against Judaism in its beginnings, but hey, who knows, I'm sure you totally read the Bible and have a very good reason for what you believe.

Because I'm not that good at lying to myself

>Because Christendom forms the entire foundation of Western civilization.
Therefore God is real

>gender confusion doesn't have to mean the end of faith. It is still possible user

Thats what made me stop being religious but now im convinced religion isnt worth following because of other reasons

I am a christian by family I don't personaly believe in god and I can't even remember the last time I went to church

Christendom forms the foundation of Western Civilization.
I thought that was the Greeks and Romans.

It absolutely is. The church is the body of Christ.

Been catholic for like a year now and it's unironicaly helped me a lot

Crap. I screwed up my green arrow.

>you don't have to believe in magic for faith, simply hold God in your heart and ask for it.
Giving meme answers like this gives away your LARPing

Because I follow my ethnic religion instead of one forced upon my ancestors by Jews and blacks(Italians).

Attached: lopeta.jpg (770x469, 62K)

there is evidence, but you wouldn't consider it that. Try Christianity, simply because it is closest to your culture. Then if you would like try the others.

catholic =/= christian, user. If you can be virtuous, then thank God for it. Everything we have, we have received.

not if it gets in the way of love of God. Community for many helps with their faith, for us perhaps it is a barrier.

>I'm not able to repair it.
that is the first step to realize that we cannot repair ourselves. Ask God for it and earnestly desire for it. God grants consolations if you simply ask it of him.

Attached: cross2.png (566x800, 3K)

>Jews constantly try to push atheism through media and organisations
>Christianity is the Jewish trick

Attached: IMG_6722.jpg (519x431, 29K)

Okay, guess I was brought into existence to suffer eternally then, oh well.

Kings 2:23-2:24 lmao

Attached: 8078DA2E-A4B1-46E9-A3EF-64A018776D1D.jpg (1080x1080, 159K)

>atheism
Bruh, do you just reply at random or something? Read nigga, read.

Attached: 1534752562066.png (2000x2000, 846K)

im gay and have no intention of giving up my wonderful boyfriend

>an offshoot of judaism cannot be a jewish trick, user!
based

Both atheism and christcuckery are jewish tricks tho

>I thought that was the Greeks and Romans.
The NT is loaded with Hellenic religious ideas. Christianity was adopted by both the Romans (Catholic) and Greeks. (Orthodox) It is the spiritual empire of the West.

athiests dont convert to religions, unless its a woman with a panic disorder who fears what happens after death, rather than any logical reason. There arent any arguements normal athiests havent heard of to convert them they hadnt already considered on their own. It gets annoying, id like it if people trying to convert me were at least on the same wavelength but its all about the blind faith part and how the bibles literally true. Or watchmaker god or etc, shit that doesrnt appeal to logic or engage them meaningfully so theists are always going to fail when attempting to convert an athiest because the theist lacks understanding of the athiest.

Ill convert when I see god.

sympathy will never get anywhere. Either desire earnestly to have faith, or admit you have none and give up your unneeded sympathies.

at least your honest about it, Faith is a difficult thing to have.

user, stop teasing the right wingers. You might induce their rage.

Attached: firmament.jpg (500x458, 40K)

>Ill convert when I see god.
You wouldn't know God if you saw Him. Read the Bible.

Have you read any of the tohra?
And have you read the bible?
They are vastly different.
The tohra is literally 90% Jews championing degeneracy, it's ok to cheat, to lie etc
The bible takes a pretty hard stance against this stuff

Because im not a pathetic fucking brainlet

>actually thinks you should post under a name

I've tried to go back to organized religion simply as a reaction to the rampant degeneracy permeating western culture, but no matter how much I try I can't fully go back. I go to church every Sunday and do volunteer work within the parish, but it really is like trying to go back to the Matrix. Once you realize that God doesn't exist you can never get that passionate faith in him back, unless you wipe your memory or lobotomize yourself. I'm not going to stop attending church though, even if I don't believe in it I support organized religion over godless anarchy. The results of each speak for themselves.

Attached: Flammarion Engraving.jpg (1920x1200, 587K)

how tf do u know ur book is the right one, there are billions of people that believe differently than you, so for what reason is the book you believe in any more true than the other thousands of religious texts out there

hey don't mess with old people, it isn't nice.

I know this isn't going to be popular with most christians, but if the relationship is truly born of love for another, then you do not have to.

>because the theist lacks understanding of the athiest.
lol I think its the other way around. Anyways faith is like walking to an uncrossable canyon. The other side is unconditional love. You understand rationally that no one loves unconditionally and that trying to reach it will simply cause you to fall to your death. Faith is walking across anyways. Either there is a God and we reach our goal, or we fall, just like the atheist.

Attached: 5ded8b5004a5ce18219ac8418e597ea9d33a06e9ed369b240891398061e8907c.gif (450x510, 45K)

For me it's like this
>how do you know when you are hungry?
Something in your mind tells you
>how do you know when you need to pee?
Something in your mind tells you
>how do I know my religion is the right one?
Something in my mind tells me I'm right

I've never actually read my bible thats at the bottom of my bookshelf but I picked it up when I saw this thread and flipped to a random bit and it was 2 Sameul first part where david learns of sauls death from an amalkite. The guy tells david he found saul dying on a battlefield, and that saul basically asked the guy to perform a mercy killing of himself because he was in pain and would not recover, so the guy kills him to end his suffering and goes to david to inform him of whats happened, but david gets pissed when he tells him what happened and has the man killed. Why?

Why do you support something you considered complete lies? You can promote the Judeo-Christian values and lifestyle without all the religious nonsense. Unless it doesn't make sense by itself, in which case i wonder why support it in the first place

It's called subconscious indoctrination user

so you're saying that the people that believe differently than you constantly have something in their mind telling them they're wrong?

Religion is nothing but men holding their own creations up and worshiping them. The God of religion is the Un-God, a superficial vial to hide the true object of worship, man himself.

> as a reaction to the rampant degeneracy permeating western culture
and you yourself are somehow clean? "Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things." Rom 2:1.

I hold stead fast to my faith in the person of Christ. The others may be true to an extent, but my truth is in Jesus Christ.
Remember, whatever you hold your heart fast to is your god. - t.luther

need better pics t b h

Attached: Lucifer.jpg (441x500, 168K)

So you deliberately chose whichever one is more convenient or you're born/grown up into?

It seems to me that David did so in a fit of rage. In ch1, verse 11 it says how He and his men "mourned and wept and fasted until evening for Saul and his son Jonathan and for the people of the Lord and the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword." I think what he did was unjust and David is known for being blinded by anger in the Old testament. Its not something I have ever dealt with, but there are many that are plagued by anger, so much that they hurt others and themselves.

Hey can you answer my question Whyd david kill this random dude for performing prehistoric euthanasia?

ohhh cmon goooooyyyyy dont you wanna be a jew slave??

Attached: cjfjoifuuaeca8i2.jpg (501x504, 63K)

It's the only organized system that I know of that actually adheres to those values. I've volunteered at secular organizations and they've always been filled with problems and shitty people. Church charities are filled with genuinely selfless people whose only mission is to please God through good deeds. The interactions with them are much better and the results are much more efficient.
Religion is the only reason humanity made it this far. It is consistently the only concept that provides comfort and structure to humankind through all contexts. Not family, not nation, not spirituality, but organized religion. Your devotion to Jesus is nice but utterly meaningless to the good of mankind.

Attached: 1536364716356.png (450x399, 223K)

>religious nonsense
which part is nonsense

I was attracted by the person of Jesus Christ. It is purely subjective and I do not hold it against others, if they hold another faith. But it is written that "All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him." Mat. 11:27.

Woops sorry shoukd have refreshed before posting. Can you provide an interpretation of though? That just seems crazy unnecessary.

When talking about Christianity the very definition of God not only contradicts itself but it's disconnected from the reality we observe in day to day life

ExposingChristianity.com ,, origginaal

I am Christian. All of my problems are my own and I don't blame God for any of them. I have to work on being a better person. This is nobody else's struggle but my own. Every day I will try my best to be a good person.

>the good of mankind
I am but one man, I know not this mankind. t. me. Your view is objective and utilitarian, devoid of respect for the actual human being. Devotion to 'humankind' is meaningless, at the end for all is the grave and unending death. Only God can save each of us from this and even so we can contribute nothing.

what is the reality you observe? And how does it differ from the interpretation of God given by christianity?

its a random verse taken out of context, and the old testament to boot, but i'll take a look at it right now.

Attached: 2c439d695a4eaba34c32060ae0d22649157ceac435f48d8903d938e9c9a9aaf4.gif (150x150, 10K)

This is why:
The Christian faith from the beginning, is sacrifice the sacrifice of all freedom, all pride, all self-confidence of spirit, it is at the same time subjection, self-derision, and self-mutilation.
-Nietzsche, Beyond Good & Evil Ch 3

I observe a reality that is far too cruel and unfair to be wanted by any loving or just God. People suffer all the time when they have done nothing wrong, children die in their cribs, devouted Christians suffer and die just like atheists and anyone else. If this is just a "test" for the after life not only would it be completely useless for an all-knowing God, but I would also be unfair and biased. If you believe in heaven and hell, then you believe that God creates human beings with the sole purpose of suffering in hell forever. Either God is an evil sadist or he is not all-knowing and all-powerful

thanks for this post, it compels me to try as well.

hey your that guy who is always posting that link on /x/ christian threads. I might click on your website today, maybe. Do you think it is as important as you make it seem?

>implying you have freedom, pride, and self-confidence to 'sacrifice'
life is meaningless and the unending coldness of death is what awaits. There can be no freedom, we are compelled to sin, there is no reason for pride, if it all goes back to dust, and self-confidence is pure insanity unless one blinds oneself to the destiny of men. No, Nietzsche-user, Christianity does not limit you, the meaninglessness of life already does.

Attached: kotomine.png (213x221, 24K)

My family has a history of being baptized as catholics but never going to church or worshipping the faith in any way. I'll continue that tradition of doing nothing.

Nigga, i come from a family of exorcists, theologists and one of my relatives was raised by a religious order which practices were very fucking similar to the fucking templars.
So even though i'm not a practising worshiper, i can assure you that i'm balls deep into this things, you can't mention anything bible related in my house without starting a 4 hours long debate or at least an hour long conversation about it.

I haven't converted because most religions are made up trash and disregarding that when you compare it to the options available christianity is MASSIVELY lacking in the sort of morals you'd get out of faith-philosophies like taoism and lavayanism, and doesn't hold a candle to the morals or lore in actual religions like hinduism or sikhsim. Willingly converting to christianity is like being given any car of your choice and choosing an e-bike instead.
At least you're being nice in the thread I suppose, so thanks for that much

very good, the problem of evil is a fine one. One interpretation is that the god of this world is but a false one that created the universe in his image, that being a flawed one. So, Evil is built in to the universe itself. Another interpretation is that we have some sort of free will and evil is a consequence of our sin, considering non-human evil, it is allowed by God as a test of this free will, to freely choose to love God, when it seems he does not love you back. There are others, Genesis is a very metaphorical book. As for myself, I stick to what I know in my life: I am in bondage to sin and will cease to exist and that without God I cannot escape this fact. Christ is the key to this. At times God is abstract and un-relatable. But Jesus Christ was a man who like us also had to suffer, in him I can relate and find peace.

Attached: Anne Catherine Emmerich 4.jpg (849x1053, 125K)

I might be a neet but im not totally batshit.

You will cease to exist with or without God. You said you can to Jesus because you stick to what you know in your life, but for what you know Jesus was not different from any of us and met the same fate in the end. He could have been a mad man for what we know. Sure, you can believe the miracles in the Bible, but it would be irrational to believe that the book is unbiased and resembled the actual truth any way after millenia of corrections

do nothing and nothing will change. If you can accept your unrelenting fate, then your advice is sound.

well thats cool, i guess. I hope that you put good use of your knowledge and the gifts God has given you.

okay I looked at the passages. When I read it I can't help thinking of Aesop's tales, where bad stuff happens to those who misbehave. Remember that the Bible is a collection of books, some compiled from thousands of years ago. There is a lot of the traditions of men in, perhaps this is a case of that.

i don't like pictures of saints, but its all i've got right now. no bully.

Attached: 161ingre.jpg (235x320, 35K)

*Relate to

It isn't about morality or lore, if thats what you want then by all means become sikh or hindu. I like to summarize christianity with this verse, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Rom. 5:8. Christianity, as a practice of virtue, is nothing more than the reaction to God's love towards us. The idea that Christ would incarnate as a man, to feel our pains, to be tempted, to understand what it is to be flesh. And then to willingly die in un-swerving loyalty to God. It compells us to love, even if it will never make up for it.

>by not being totally, you imply that you are a portion greater than 0.0%
nice

Attached: 1453388375303-1.jpg (900x1174, 177K)

I always thought joan of arc was a real true qt. About the kings passage, i thought god was supposed to be just and not killing people like that?

Attached: 5607EEE9-260B-477A-AB9B-75D65DF91B25.jpg (770x1062, 967K)

I never understood why Jesus going to die on the cross knowing that he would go to heaven to be the son of God for enternity is such a big sacrifice that every single Christian must be thankful for it for thousands of years. If i took the sins of humanity upon me and killed myself no one would give a fuck. How does that work? Also why did God need a blood sacrifice from his own son to forgive humanity of its sins?

>He could have been a mad man for what we know.
true, but I follow him just the same. Objectively there is no reason for faith, but I have it.

>it would be irrational to believe that the book is unbiased and resembled the actual truth
yes, I like your thinking. This is how we need to think about religion as well as history. As you know the Bible is a collection of seemingly unrelated books, written millenia apart, and with very different subject matters. It would be unlikely for there to not be bias in the putting together of the Bible. And yet the gospels, books, and psalms had to be written down originally. The writers had faith in its contents, even if the rulers didn't and simply used the writings for their own purposes.

Attached: cross3.png (1652x2326, 273K)

what makes you think, he was sure of it? Think about this: Jesus had been rejected by the vast majority of the jews. The religous authorities wanted him dead. People everywhere misunderstood him constantly, for example when He says that He is the bread of Life and most are put off by him. Perhaps he had doubts of his mission, it seemed to be a failure. On the night of his passion, he prayed by himself to God that he would have faith in his mission, that his father had not forsaken him. On the cross, it seemed as if it was all for nil and yet he went with it, for faith to his Father. His being raised to heaven is a consequence of his faith.

I've accepted the fact that if Christianity is true (which I don't think it is) that I am 100% beyond saving.

well technically it was Elias who did it in 'the name of the Lord'. To us this seems like overkill, but perhaps to the Israelites, who wrote the book, it was an acceptable punishment. Our morality is really relative, next thing you know, posting on r9k will be death.

i just don't believe in it, i have nothing against those who do and i like the idea of a god but it just doesn't make sense to me at all. (i was raised roman catholic and went to roman catholic schools until i was 16 so i understand what it's about)

I went to a catholic school, everyone was a complete douchebag, spent the worst time of my life there, developed light-medium social anxiety and had to change schools before finishing high school
then I went to some shitty hood school and had the best time of my life.

>how is a jew religion similar to judaism
Nice try, kike.

I don't believe in story tales that tell me to hate my gay uncle

Attached: knight.jpg (1600x1600, 206K)

Christianity is too violent a religion for me, I'm a technical pacifist and don't condone all the senseless killing and sacrifice done in The Bible. It's not like a self-defense situation either, God could've just poofed 200 Philistine foreskins into David's hands, he didn't need to murder all of them.

>Because Christendom forms the entire foundation of Western civilization.
>what are the Ancient Greeks and Romans

Attached: humanaccomplishment.png (2100x1499, 52K)

Went to church last Sunday for the first time since I was young and I actually enjoyed it.

Feelsgoodman.

>Ill convert when I see god.

Happened to me user. Might happen to you too. You just have to have an open mind and try to keep your eyes and ears open to the idea.

>You just have to have an open mind and try to keep your eyes and ears open to the idea.
This. I saw Santa Claus, a leprechaun, and Vishnu as well, you just gotta have an open mind.

I somehow doubt that Asians or others made this chart.

>yeah because they're STUPID
Calm down bro, just pointing out potential bias.

What is there in particular that doesn't make sense?

>go to catholic school
>begome atheist
>also at least one user developed anxiety
hmm, There has to be a connection here. Unfortunately, lots of parents believe that sending kids to 'good' religious schools can take the place of actual care, devotion, and instruction in the faith.

>story tales that tell me to hate my gay uncle
matthew 7, my guy. "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Attached: 1497158636796.png (285x627, 126K)

People who go to Church for guidance are mental weaklings who need somebody else to cope with their problems. Not even an atheist or anything just what I've noticed over the years.

Attached: 254698857012212.png (679x409, 144K)

i'm ideally a pacifist as well. Christ specifically asks us to be so, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." - Mat 5:38-40

>all the senseless killing and sacrifice done in The Bible.
One possible perspective on this is that the god of this world is actually not God and is flawed and perhaps incompetent. By creating us in his image, we are flawed as well. Also consider that the Bible was written millennia ago, in a different culture, with a different morality. I tend to think that their harsh morality was simply a product of their harsh environments and lives. It really stops and makes you think when you consider that Jesus Christ was raised in an environment that taught that adulterers must be stoned, also the whole book of Leviticus. He is a complete contrast to his culture's morality and way of thinking.

pic unrelated

Attached: tumblr_ouhwdrLPe21qldvu1o1_1280.jpg (643x960, 177K)

I try. But between being to scared of interacting with others to go to church and having a bunch of strangers randomly asking about my week and my life as well as the fact that I feel nothing for myself but self hate and loathing makes it hard to believe God could love me or ever bring himself to forgive me for being the absolute shitbag that I am.
You know I look at my parents and all the Christians I met when still lived with my parents and they dragged me to church every sunday and wonder how they do it. Live good happy faithful lives occasionally slipping up and sinning but always quick to ask for Gods grace. I wish that was me.
I pray occasionally. Usually when I've put myself is some fucked up situation and want to be bailed out. Or when I feel really lonely and need to talk to someone since having an imaginary friend in your 20s makes people question your sanity. But its never anything lasting or meaningful. And sometimes I think he tunes me out because its a lot of the same thing all over again and never amounts to anything.
I wish I was a Christian. I wish I had faith and love in me. I really do but like everything else in my life nothing ever seems to change.

>making a depiction of a pretty white girl your chosen introduction for lonely male weirdos to join and become indoctrinated in your faith-based organization
This is l i t e r a l l y a cult tactic. This is what real life cults have done to gain new members. Preying on vulnerable people any way you can.

you haven't seen enough anime girls if you think that's pretty

"Cult" isn't a bad word, retard.

if it were too pretty it would scare the robots and ruin the recruitment

i don't like christianity because it destroys ethnic religions worldwide, just as it did in ancient europe and just as it tried to do recently on sentinel island. also the chaotic conflict of life seems to me evidence of polytheism, not the work of one higher being. finally, most christians are slaves to israel because they secretly want to be jews, or in the case of christian identity, they think europeans are the real israelites. i'm from europe so why would i care about a religion whose "holy land" isn't in europe?